Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
D, G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

UnassemblyRequired posted:

If possible as a free action, I would like to ask Tudiya to identify the statue before we choose. I have this hunch that aptitude with the bow is not where our strength lies, at least for the time being. We should seek out the help of whoever happens to be watching over us to guide us through our upcoming trials.

You can and do ask. Tudiyah does not respond. He waits.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Changing my vote from the bow and arrow to the FLINT.

Fire is the basic requirement for survival and the most important tool. Warmth, protection, light, etc. Separation of man from animal, a gift from the gods.

Take the loving flint and don't eat raw meat the entire time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder. You can't have jerky without fire and you can't have fire without the flint and iron. Well, you can but it's really time consuming.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Can we take Tudiya as our item? I mean, if Snarls is up for grabs, then why not the king?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Vote 1 seems to be a D run away.

There seems to be support from those not voting to take Snarls to give him instructions to watch Danal.

Vote 2 is as follows with 26 votes counted:

B. Knife = 1
D. Bow = 10
G. Statue = 2
I. Snarls = 6
K. Flint/iron = 7

I counted the M votes to wake Snarls, give him instructions and take the Bow as Bow votes, pending whether we take Snarls or not. There were two or three of those.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Raserys posted:

1. D

2. K

Also tell Barkley to keep Danal safe.

This! Snarls is the man and all, but lets take something practical - something to start a fire, and in a pinch make a torch to use for light or a weapon. Also a bow with one arrow is not going to be that helpful.

No idea how long we could be out here for - fire should be priority number one above all else.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. F I don't think we're quite zen enough yet to not be mad at that. Maybe in a few more years.

2. I When in doubt, always take your pooch. Especially if your pooch is insanely smart. I mean, he managed to crap on Keza's ceiling in defiance of all known laws of gravity; I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to help us work out whatever we're about the face.

Question: We're fluent in the Zepath language now, but have we kept up speaking out native tongue with Danal? I've been assuming we have, but it hasn't actually come up in awhile so maybe that's not the case?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

Vote 1 seems to be a D run away.

There seems to be support from those not voting to take Snarls to give him instructions to watch Danal.

Vote 2 is as follows with 26 votes counted:

B. Knife = 1
D. Bow = 10
G. Statue = 2
I. Snarls = 6
K. Flint/iron = 7

I counted the M votes to wake Snarls, give him instructions and take the Bow as Bow votes, pending whether we take Snarls or not. There were two or three of those.
The next update wont be till tomorrow, so there is plenty of time for the vote to go anywhere still.

FoxTerrier posted:

Question: We're fluent in the Zepath language now, but have we kept up speaking out native tongue with Danal? I've been assuming we have, but it hasn't actually come up in awhile so maybe that's not the case?
Correct.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

1.f
2.i

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I like to think that our native language could be used as secret code-talk between us and Danal in the future.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

The next update wont be till tomorrow, so there is plenty of time for the vote to go anywhere still.

Correct.

Yeh. No linked spreadsheet though and I think feedback influences the vote. I am running a sheet and will post results on Vote 2 from time to time until someone puts up a linked sheet.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Changing my G vote to D for #2.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it too late for a last-minute surge of FLUTE votes?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

RandomPauI posted:

Is it too late for a last-minute surge of FLUTE votes?

The next update won't be 'till tomorrow, there is plenty of time for any voting.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The flute is not here. Tudiya hurried you out of your bed in the middle of the night, you had time to only grab your sandles.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
1G: You... were exasperated! "My friend dies, and you inform me by telling me his body would make a great soup!? What have I ever done to you to deserve that?" Trade something we own in exchange for Monkey, then bury him with Danal.

2J: Sack filled with rice. No idea how we're going to cook it, but Enkidel is going to starve if he doesn't eat at least twice a day.

Also, putting a "yes" vote insofar as waking up Snarls and having him protect Danal and Mom.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

quote:

...mothers live forever and she will always be waiting for you here even if you plan to explore the far corners of the world, right?

That's not cool man.

1. You....
F. You were angry. You did not ask, you simply took Monkey from her and then buried him with Danal... and muttered something about how maybe cannibals can't change their nature.

2. You pick...I. Snarls Barkley, because there's safety in numbers. This is one of Tuydia's stupid tests. Take the dog and show we value our people. We'll get a bow later on.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. D

2. I

Diogines: Do we know how to use the flint? This has never come up and isn't something we would have learned as we never spent time in the kitchens. What training, if any, did we give Snarls?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

A Terrible Person posted:

2J: Sack filled with rice. No idea how we're going to cook it, but Enkidel is going to starve if he doesn't eat at least twice a day.

Wait... I thought that was why people were voting to bring Snarls?

Edit: seriously though, I really have a bad feeling about bringing Snarls. I do not think it will be good for him at all and we might be thinking about that following Monkey's death and all.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 23, 2013

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
1. D
2. K

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Diogines I've some questions for you. Do we still have the arrow head around our neck, is it stone? We've trained a great deal with the bow, but are we even close fletchers yet?

If we still have the arrow head on us and find a stone we can make do for flint, if we have Snarls we have something to lead us, fetch firewood, and warn us of danger. I think we'd need a knife to any attempt to make a bow or fletchings though. This is all assuming of course we're thrown into the wilds, the item itself may make the test. We're so gonna regret not picking incense!

1.D, seems like the right thing to do on all fronts. It's the just thing to do for monkey and Danal, and it won't make Keza lash out at our mother.
2.I, I wonder if it would be against the "rules" :airquote: of the test if we told Snarls to pick an item, maybe he'll do it on his own. He is a smart dog after all.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. J

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Vote Count: 36
VOTE 1- Alas poor Monkey
pre:
Vote 1	A	B	C	D	E	F	G	Mini
Totals	0	1	0	30	0	4	1	17
Legend
A. Let her do it. You told Danal that Monkey ran off. You knew he would be upset.
B. Let her do it. You said nothing to Danal.
C. Asked for Monkey, buried him but did not tell Danal.
D. Asked for Monkey and told Danal, then the two of you buried Monkey together.
E. You were angry. You did not ask, you simply took Monkey from her and then buried him yourself, you did not tell Danal.
F. You were angry. You did not ask, you simply took Monkey from her and then buried him with Danal.
G. Something else. Fill in.
Mini- Tell Snarls to watch over Danal.

VOTE 2- Tudiya's Waiting
pre:
Vote 2	A	B	C	D	E	F	G	H	I	J	K	L	M
Totals	0	1	0	10	0	0	1	0	12	2	10	0	0
Legend
A. The wine skin, with an unknown liquid in it
B. The small stone knife
C. The ornately carved box of valuable incense
D. The a short bow with a single arrow tied to it
E. The large coil of rope
F. The medium length spear.
G. The small, golden statue of an unidentified Melachim
H. The javelin
I. Snarls Barkley, sleeping, apparently unharmed.
J. The sack filled with rice
K. The piece of flint, a small scrap of iron tied to it
L. None of these things. You pick nothing.
M. You have another reaction. Fill in.

And updated:

Sogol fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 23, 2013

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
1. D
2. I
and tell Snarls to get the flint UNLESS:

Diogenes, does Snarls behave in the same manner as the flute? Like, does our algebra homework up until someone else is watching? If he just sits there and grins at us when we ask him to grab the flint, then I change my vote to K and tell Snarls to look after Danal.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Even if we do have an arrowhead around our neck, it's not an iron one, 'cause those are rare.

D While strongly resisting the urge to slap the taste right out've Keza's mouth.

K Flint makes fire, fire makes everything else. We're probably good enough to bean some poor woodland creature with a rock anyway

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. D Danal needs to know what happened to his monkey.

mini - tell Snarls to take care of Danal. Danal has a kennel, Snarls needs to be fed. Maybe it will keep both of them out of trouble.

2. K. Fire is cool.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. G Eat monkey brains for breakfast. Its a rich man's delicacy!

2. M Grab the spear and kill Tudiya while he doesn't expect it. Then wake Snarl's and feast on Tudiya's heart. HUNGER

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1: D
2: K

also tell snarls to take care of danal

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not going to vote on this option because I'm not really sure of which I'd prefer (well, Monkey vote is D, but that's going to win anyway).

I do want to say that we've done it guys. We managed to successfully raise a strong, honorable character. One that knows his letters and numbers, one that knows the difficult to use bow, and one that doesn't sacrifice children to cannibal fishgods.

I never thought we'd get here. Enkidel is a fine young man, he just needs to spend time with his mother. When we return, she must be the first we go to, if we can.

Also, I agree with the minivote for Snarls to take care of Danal. I'd like to add one more thing though; I'd like him to also keep an eye on our mother.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SerSpook posted:

I'm not going to vote on this option because I'm not really sure of which I'd prefer (well, Monkey vote is D, but that's going to win anyway).

I do want to say that we've done it guys. We managed to successfully raise a strong, honorable character. One that knows his letters and numbers, one that knows the difficult to use bow, and one that doesn't sacrifice children to cannibal fishgods.

I never thought we'd get here. Enkidel is a fine young man, he just needs to spend time with his mother. When we return, she must be the first we go to, if we can.

Don't forget that we're also a hottie. All the ladies want to gentle this wildman. :quagmire:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
So this is a manhood rite. And we want to be explorers.

There is no better choice here than our loyal companion, Snarls Barkley. Let me give you some examples of why this is the best choice.

Example A: Post apocalyptic exploring

Example B: They can get cash for us

Example C: They can deal with fish problems

A flint or bow is never going to be as cool as this

Dogs are highly portable

It's our birthday and he wants to celebrate with us

Bonus dog making friends

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 23, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

:kimchi:

All the right ideas.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
I'd pick bow, but note it has only one arrow. So dog town it is.

I.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

1. D
Tell Snarls to take care of Danal for us.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lanky has swayed my heart to go against my better judgement.

Changing my vote to bring Snarls along, instead of the stone knife.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Can't we pick Snarles and then tell him to grab the bow/arrow in his mouth?

Our rule was to pick one. Snarles gets to pick whatever he wants
:goonsay:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

1. D

2. I

Diogines: Do we know how to use the flint? This has never come up and isn't something we would have learned as we never spent time in the kitchens. What training, if any, did we give Snarls?

You know how to use the flint.

You did not train Snarls.

Imperialist Dog posted:

Diogenes, does Snarls behave in the same manner as the flute? Like, does our algebra homework up until someone else is watching?.
No.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Uh take the bow duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

You did not train Snarls.

Didn't we teach Snarls how to appreciate music?