Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Ground perspective video of the RDAF :denmark: practicing air to ground gunnery with 20mm, mk82 and mk84: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65tJenpHgI

The 20mm sounds pretty dinky compared to the A-10 strafing videos on YouTube, but I'm sure it's not fun on the receiving end. The mk84s, however, make a very satisfying bang (camera at 2:34 made it, according to the postscript) :)

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Presented without comment.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Camp X-Ray posted:

A young American soldier Cole (Kristen Stewart) has been stationed at Guantanamo Bay detention camp where she befriends a Muslim man in charge, prisoner Ali (Peyman Moaadi), who has been imprisoned for eight years.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Mzuri posted:

Ground perspective video of the RDAF :denmark: practicing air to ground gunnery with 20mm, mk82 and mk84: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65tJenpHgI

The 20mm sounds pretty dinky compared to the A-10 strafing videos on YouTube, but I'm sure it's not fun on the receiving end. The mk84s, however, make a very satisfying bang (camera at 2:34 made it, according to the postscript) :)
Remember when the RDAF had to buy munitions from the Israelis when in Libya or wherever? Good times.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Would it kill her to smile once in a while?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_4K__8LXk
Chinese version of BigDog.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

holocaust bloopers posted:

Would it kill her to smile once in a while?

She IS smiling.

See the attached chart:

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

-Anders posted:

Remember when the RDAF had to buy munitions from the Israelis when in Libya or wherever? Good times.

Truly our finest hour. There is something poetic about buying bombs from Israel to bomb a muslim country. Someone should make a cartoon about that.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Looked like it simply used fixed repetitive leg movements to go forward and relied on having its center of mass close to the ground for stability. It'd probably get stuck pretty fast in uneven terrain. I don't think Boston Dynamics have to worry about the chinese catching up just yet.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

For the billiionth time, the Chinese copy another idea that isn't theres and do it really half-assed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

shyduck posted:

For the billiionth time, the Chinese copy another idea that isn't theres and do it really half-assed.

No kidding. It's not even close to being as nightmare inducing.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Mzuri posted:

Truly our finest hour. There is something poetic about buying bombs from Israel to bomb a muslim country. Someone should make a cartoon about that.

:a2m: ??

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mzuri posted:

If you post an empty post in the DnD pics thread, the vacuum will cause a cartoon like that to burst forth from the aether

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Because why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbsDtMp2FrE

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

From the Nairobi mall standoff.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
I guess these dudes are Kenya's finest.

I wonder how pissed the Al-Shabab dudes were when they found out some Israelis were on the scene.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
drat I want a SCAR.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
What's with everyone having a different kind of rifle?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Probably a mix of not having the luxury of being able to replace perfectly functional weapons in the name of upgrades/standardization and every agency & department in Nairobi with two bullets to rub together responding to the call.

If there was a similar "all hands on deck" in the USA in the era before Homeland Security grants, you would probably see a mix of M-16, AC-556, MP-5, various shotguns, and god knows what hand-me-downs the National Guard and local sherrifs had in the armory.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 23, 2013

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Dead Reckoning posted:

If there was a similar "all hands on deck" in the USA in the era before Homeland Security grants, you would probably see a mix of M-16, AC-556, MP-5, various shotguns, and god knows what hand-me-downs the National Guard and local sherrifs had in the armory.

The last time I saw an NYPD ESU crew tool up I saw an AR of some sort, an AC-556/Mini-14, a MP5, and an Ithaca 37.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

She's wearing Green Socks! How do they get the reflective belt right but green socks?! :argh:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

She's wearing Green Socks! How do they get the reflective belt right but green socks?! :argh:

I feel like there's a law that says any time there's a movie with currently used uniforms, each shot has to have at least one thing wrong with it.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Zeroisanumber posted:

Everyone would stop doing their jobs and spend all day trying to use the drone to take a picture of their platoonmates taking a poo poo.

http://youtu.be/OFtJMZEthP0

The magic of FLIR.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Carteret posted:

So is this like an Army 8?

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

That's....amazing. I love America.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wasabi the J posted:

I feel like there's a law that says any time there's a movie with currently used uniforms, each shot has to have at least one thing wrong with it.

There isn't a law, but the hollywood companies can't buy our uniforms. They have to make all their own. They filmed a lot of Battleship on my ship so I got to see a lot of the stuff on the inside. Rhianna was originally written to be a LT as well, but their navy advisor told them that there was no loving way an officer would be doing any of the jobs that she was written for, so they had to go out and completely custom order a new wardrobe for her.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

There isn't a law, but the hollywood companies can't buy our uniforms. They have to make all their own. They filmed a lot of Battleship on my ship so I got to see a lot of the stuff on the inside. Rhianna was originally written to be a LT as well, but their navy advisor told them that there was no loving way an officer would be doing any of the jobs that she was written for, so they had to go out and completely custom order a new wardrobe for her.

Ya there was a whole shitshow that Transformers 1 were using the new USAF ABU uniform while there was a massive shortage all across AAFES.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ya there was a whole shitshow that Transformers 1 were using the new USAF ABU uniform while there was a massive shortage all across AAFES.

They also do it for looks. Every thing they wear is custom tailored for them so they look better than they would in an off the shelf uniform anyways.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm guessing they also didn't know the difference between a LT and a (1/2)LT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rhianna was originally written to be a LT as well, but their navy advisor told them that there was no loving way an officer would be doing any of the jobs that she was written for, so they had to go out and completely custom order a new wardrobe for her.

Somewhat related: I'm waiting for the military trope of the relatively attractive E3 female eating lunch with four or five E7 males, and getting an ARCOM for the whole deployment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm guessing they also didn't know the difference between a LT and a (1/2)LT

They're good on stuff like that if they have a good advisor. Hollywood has been tapping people fresh out for a long time. Battleship's advisor was a friend's retired captain (O-6) dad. He was cool as poo poo when I met him at her wedding.

R. Lee Ermy was just an advisor originally in Full Metal Jacket until he blew Kubrick's mind when he was drunk loving around one day. They actually cut filming the first time he yelled at private cowboy saying he wouldn't give a reach around. Ermy had to explain to Kubrick what a reach around was.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Somewhat related: I'm waiting for the military trope of the relatively attractive E3 female eating lunch with four or five E7 males, and getting an ARCOM for the whole deployment.

No need to wait: been going on for a decade.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Being an advisor to a hollywood production would be so loving awesome. Seems chill as hell.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're good on stuff like that if they have a good advisor. Hollywood has been tapping people fresh out for a long time. Battleship's advisor was a friend's retired captain (O-6) dad. He was cool as poo poo when I met him at her wedding.

R. Lee Ermy was just an advisor originally in Full Metal Jacket until he blew Kubrick's mind when he was drunk loving around one day. They actually cut filming the first time he yelled at private cowboy saying he wouldn't give a reach around. Ermy had to explain to Kubrick what a reach around was.

I meant before the advisor told them what's up. Any time I was on an Army or AF base, not a single person called me LT, only CAPT. I expect civilians to be worse about it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

No need to wait: been going on for a decade.

I meant in a film.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

I meant before the advisor told them what's up. Any time I was on an Army or AF base, not a single person called me LT, only CAPT. I expect civilians to be worse about it.

They seemed pretty familiar with all the ranks simply because they had spent time actually coming on the ship and learning a bit before they even got to filming.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Being an advisor to a hollywood production would be so loving awesome. Seems chill as hell.

Yes it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

For the AF at least, it's a subset of PA. The AF guy for Transformers 2 was an O-5.

• Locked thread