Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

RandomPauI posted:

I'd like to tell him about the Sandals and to give them to him.

I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No, we need those sandals for our feet. I think if he thought the sandals were a thing he'd ask about them.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 24, 2013

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

RandomPauI posted:

I'd like to tell him about the Sandals and to give them to him.

Yes, we should do this.

If we're going to do this, let's do it properly. Let's not cheat when he specifically says that he wants us to to this legit.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
We will be barefoot. Think he has some spare sandals for us? We can't use his, since they would be like Krusty the Clown's shoes on us.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Those sandals were totally divine gifts. El wanted us to have them or He wouldn't have let us take them. Don't give them to Tudiya.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voting no on telling him about/ giving away our sandals.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

jazzyhattrick posted:

Voting no on telling him about/ giving away our sandals.

Tudiyah wanted this to be a hard challenge for us to prove that we have become a man. I don't think we can in good conscious complete this ritual wearing the sandals with that in mind.

Give the sandals to Tudiyah. Telling him is fine, but giving them to hold is more important.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
No to telling him about sandals. They were a divine gift.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Wow you guys are a bunch of by the books nerds. Tell him if you must. Do not give them up without talking about it first

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow. The challenge isn't "can you walk a week's distance within a month". Walking isn't the challenge. We can walk out in a week even without magic sandals. Unless the sandals start producing food, they aren't cheating.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is supposed to be a test of our ability to survive for a month armed only with our wits and our canine companion. The sandals give us an unfair advantage over the others who had to complete this task. They certainly didn't have magic sandals that keep their feet from feeling pain.

If we want to honor El and the test we must give up the sandals.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Um, our feet are used to the sandals guys. Our bare feet are not tough enough to walk a month without bleeding. Probably not even a day. Breaking in new sandals wouldn't be much better (even if Tudiyah has some, which I seriously doubt.)

The test is how well we can find food, water, and an offering. Now how well we can find food, water, and an offering while we crawl on the ground with cut and bloodied feet. For Chrissakes.

If nothing else, think about how unfair that would be to Snarls. Our survival isn't the only one on the line here. :colbert:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 24, 2013

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Just tell him about the sandals and see what he has to say.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I play "the minds of most men are open to Kings" both ways and simply assume he knows about the Sandals and the Flute and always has.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

No to giving up the sandals. We can always take them off when we get there and just carry them if we feel that bad about it.

Changing my vote here to: Yes: Tell him what they are and the story of the Art, but let him decide if we give them up or not.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 24, 2013

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Yes to the sandals, Tudiyah has probably known about them for a while and we should do it the proper way.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

BoneMonkey posted:

Ask Tudiya if there is an ocean near where we are going?

Fishing is a way we know how to get food.
"Two weeks west."

jazzyhattrick posted:

Ask Tudiya: if, while in the wilderness, we see some kind of danger approaching zepath, are we permitted to return in order to warn the city?
"I do not imagine you will. If you do and return without an offering, you will need to take your trial again after the danger is passed.

Nettle Soup posted:

Joke: "Except Ishamal! :hf:"

Tudiya lets out a small chuckle. "Perhaps, but I doubt it."

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Which of the men do not cheat their sons thus?
"Very, very few. Who, is not your concern."

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Can you tell me of Ishamal as we go to this trial? Who is he, where does he come from, tell me his story.
"Ishamal is Ishamal" he says "he often goes with the Mighty Men, and though he is a mighty man, as you have seen, he is not one of the Mighty Men of Zepath because he is not of Zepath. He has been here since time out of memory even in my grandfathers time. He has traveled the world and done many mighty deeds. If you think you can pull more out of him, you are welcome to try, but I have not succeeded. It is said he is a grandson of Labaras. Once when I was a boy I asked him if it was true, if he knew Labaras, but he laughed in the good natured way he does and would not tell me true."

He pauses.

"He gave me one of those strange fruity concoctions when I became king. I am sure he had his reasons to give you one."

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Do not tell him about the sandals.

Ask Snarls: who's a good dog?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

"Ishamal is Ishamal" he says "he often goes with the Mighty Men, and though he is a mighty man, as you have seen, he is not one of the Mighty Men of Zepath because he is not of Zepath. He has been here since time out of memory even in my grandfathers time. He has traveled the world and done many mighty deeds. If you think you can pull more out of him, you are welcome to try, but I have not succeeded. It is said he is a grandson of Labaras. Once when I was a boy I asked him if it was true, if he knew Labaras, but he laughed in the good natured way he does and would not tell me true."

He pauses.

"He gave me one of those strange fruity concoctions when I became king. I am sure he had his reasons to give you one."

:staredog: That is interesting information.

Do you know if Ishamal has any kids?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Do not tell Tudiya about our sandals.

Although I am not sure, I suspect Tudiya already knows about our magical artifacts. Ishamal pretty much confirmed that Tudiya can read minds, so if the King won't ask us to surrender our boots in the upcoming week he probably doesn't mind.

Also imagine what Tudiya would think if we're wrong about him being a mindreader. He might be disappointed in us for keeping them a secret from him for all these years, or think we're still a child for making up an unbelievable story about us finding a shrine. He might even believe they're demonic in nature, and be completely right about it (we still know pretty much nothing about our sandals).

Ask Tudiya: When I return, can I help Danal develop his bushcraft skills, provided I do not talk to him about this rite of passage?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ask Tuyuda: Have you ever read my mind?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Tell Tudiya about the sandals, ask if he thinks having them with us cheapens the experience.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Imperialist Dog posted:

Do not tell him about the sandals.

Ask Snarls: who's a good dog?
He wags his tail, points a paw at you and gives two happy barks.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

:staredog: That is interesting information.

Do you know if Ishamal has any kids?
"If he does, none here. I suppose I would be a distant relative of sorts. If he is a grandson of Labaras, that might make the High Priest in Baitel his uncle, for it is said the man is a son of Labaras, but it is only said, I do not know."

Zybourne Clock posted:

Do not tell Tudiya about our sandals.
Ask Tudiya: When I return, can I help Danal develop his bushcraft skills, provided I do not talk to him about this rite of passage?
"I suppose."

RandomPauI posted:

Ask Tuyuda: Have you ever read my mind?
"You are a child in my care who once did not even speak the tongue of men. I did all that was necessary and proper to care for you."

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
What can you tell me about the other cities and their Kings? Are they as just and strong as you?

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Tell Tudiya about the sandals, if he thinks they count as cheating, give them up.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Ask Tudiya about making his words heavy. Ask him what Ishamal's punch did.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Oh, hey, while we're at it...

Tudiya, was there any special reason why the minotaur army shattered so completely when you slew their champion? Do the minotaurs operate on some kind of chieftain basis which collapses when their chief dies, or is their champion magically enhanced by their creator, or something? For that matter, what did you mean when you called them Spawn of Quetzal? Who's Quetzal?

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Tell Tudiya about the sandals.

We don't want him to find out we had an advantage when he wants us to take our manhood-test in hard-core mode. We can discuss giving them to him depending on how he responds.

edit: Keep the sandals on the DL per our promise to Ishamal. I feel so silly

OhYo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 24, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just don't mention the drat sandals. He's fine with what we brought.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Wow, I think we ask too many drat question.

Tomn posted:

Oh, hey, while we're at it...

Tudiya, was there any special reason why the minotaur army shattered so completely when you slew their champion? Do the minotaurs operate on some kind of chieftain basis which collapses when their chief dies, or is their champion magically enhanced by their creator, or something? For that matter, what did you mean when you called them Spawn of Quetzal? Who's Quetzal?

Really? Really?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Really? Really?

I think it's a cool question, and I figure we're asking these over the course of a week. It's probably the first chance we've ever had to talk alone and at length and probably not one that'll come up again any time soon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It makes us sound like a kid that just won't shut the hell up.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Guys our dog is kind of magical lets tell Tudiya about him too. Has our loincloth ever done anything special? Does our beard tingle with the power of El? Better shave it off can't be too careful!

Don't tell him about the loving comfortable sandals. If he felt they were an unfair advantage he wouldn't have let us take them. He's Tudiya he knows these things.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

He pauses.

The minds and hearts of men are open to Kings. We should just tell Tudiya about the sandals and ask his opinion.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Really? Really?

Hey we're stuck on a weeks journey with this guy. What else are we gonna do to pass the time?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Task Manager posted:

Don't tell him about the loving comfortable sandals. If he felt they were an unfair advantage he wouldn't have let us take them. He's Tudiya he knows these things.

OR it could be a test of our honesty. Which we will fail if we don't tell him about this advantage.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

OR it could be a test of our honesty. Which we will fail if we don't tell him about this advantage.
Honesty and willingness to share what he already knows. We're not informing him, we're fessing up. Play it straight with hardcore-mode manhood-test.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Task Manager posted:

Guys our dog is kind of magical lets tell Tudiya about him too. Has our loincloth ever done anything special? Does our beard tingle with the power of El? Better shave it off can't be too careful!

Agreed.
Voting: Shut the hell up about the sandals.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe we should just grab a stout branch and start hitting ourself on the head. If we pass out we get to go back to the beach instead of this lovely forest.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Nettle Soup posted:

No to giving up the sandals. We can always take them off when we get there and just carry them if we feel that bad about it.

Changing my vote here to: Yes: Tell him what they are and the story of the Art, but let him decide if we give them up or not.

This is my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

RandomPauI posted:

If we actually pass the Ironman version of this coming of age trial that few ever try, we survive for a month, bring back a revered artifact of El lay it on the altar, all for Tudiya to go "Tsk, tsk - but your feet were comfortable! Get out of my house."....I just don't see it happening. He doesn't care.

If the sandals shot lasers out of them, ok, tell him. We walk extra good in them, that's it. There's just no need to tell him.