Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Lacozy posted:

Please contact me at davartpaul @ gmail . com. I would of course like to emphasize that I am not expecting anyone to do the programming for me.

Just a heads-up, putting your email behind spoiler tags does not hide it from spambots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gynovore posted:

Just a heads-up, putting your email behind spoiler tags does not hide it from spambots.

He's using gmail. That should be stopping spambots.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

duz posted:

He's using gmail. That should be stopping spambots.

Seriously, I don't get why people who use gmail care at all about putting their e-mail out there in plain READ@MEBOTS.COM format.

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?
Edit: Goon found!

cstine fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 29, 2013

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
My experience: Most recently, ran the QA department for a small web company. Defined best practices for writing automated tests, trained coworkers, spent the company credit card on software to make them more productive, etc. Before that, I did mostly web dev. I had a summer job doing some machine learning work for a search engine, another job doing QA and front-end web development, another job doing front- and back-end web development, and a QA gig.
What I'm looking for: Something I could do while finishing up a degree. I worked remotely for my last job; I don't need my hand held to get a lot done. Ideally, I'd like full-time with hilariously flexible hours. Part-time would be okay too, though. I'd probably be best in a QA position.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires a 9-5-M-F-ish schedule.
Where I live: Austin, TX
Where I'm looking: Austin, remote
When I can start: If you can hire me yesterday that'd be great
Requirements: Something I can do while finishing up school
Can be reached via: woihtmmd@gmail.com

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004
Who we are: University of Virginia, School of Medicine
About the company: At the University of Virginia School of Medicine our primary purpose is to educate and train physicians to help people achieve healthy productive lives and advance knowledge in the medical sciences.
Where we are: Charlottesville, VA
Who we are looking for: Biomedical Informatics Programmer.
The University of Virginia School of Medicine Departments of Radiation Oncology and Public Health Sciences are recruiting a programmer to join the Division of Biomedical Informatics in the Department of Public Health Sciences. This person will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and extending decision analytic and related quantitative models; providing code documentation; managing and analyzing clinical data; evaluating relevant literature to determine appropriate model inputs; and assisting with grant and manuscript preparation. B.S. in Computer Science or related field. Applicant should have significant experience in C/C++ development with additional experience in web and mobile application development; familiarity with extracting, manipulating, and analyzing data.
The Good: The person we hire will get to work on exciting projects related to radiation oncology decision analysis; current clinical topics include decisions in prostate cancer and breast cancer management. Also, Charlottesville, VA is a great place to live.
The Bad: HR limited us on the compensation, but there may be room for negotiation.
Contact: For more information and to apply for the position, please see: http://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=71233

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
Who we are: Information Transport Solutions, Inc
About the company: A managed service provider / integrator / consulting company.
Where we are: Mobile, Alabama
Who we are looking for: Network Support Technician
You'll be working on a team supporting networks for K-12 school systems mostly. Some network installs, some Cisco VOIP support. If you can do even the basics in Cisco IOS you can get the job. It is very much an entry level job.
The Good: Decent benefits, 401k, ESOP. A good group of guys at our local office. You'll get the opportunity to touch, use, and work with a lot of different technologies.
The Bad: You'll have to use your own car to drive between sites. You do get reimbursements though. Occasional late nights and "oh poo poo this stuff has to get done NOW" weeks, but nothing too bad.
Contact: Career Builder link. Let me know you're applying so I can look out for your name. Email millisr@gmail.com I've been doing a lot of the phone interviews to screen for in-person. We're having a difficult time finding people who know a network from a hole in the ground.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Since my positions have been open for some time they look like they've been removed from the spreadsheet, but they're still around.

Who we are: inContact
About the Company: Hosted call center software and telecommunications relevant to call centers.
Where we are: Midvale, Utah.
Who we are looking for: NOC Engineers of varying degrees of experience, we have a couple positions open. This is not a typical NOC, we focus primarily on keeping our platforms up and running. This mixes proprietary application and server support, telecom (mainly SIP, some TDM), and management/monitoring of all related hardware and software 24x7.
The Good: Benefits, 401k, regular company activities, bonus structure, interesting work.
The Bad: Training is largely drinking out of a fire hose. If you're inquisitive and persistent, you'll do well, but if you expect a formalized training regimen, you'll be left wanting.
Contact: Look for NOC Engineer. Drop me a line at gozoku@gmail.com if you're applying and I'll speak with our recruiters. I do a lot of our initial screening and some of the in person interviews.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Who we are: Kent State University; College of Education, Health and Human Services

About the company: Kent State is one of the largest public universities on Ohio. The college the position is in covers an extremely diverse set of programs ranging from teacher education, audiology, exercise physiology, and many others, so you'll see nearly every aspect of higher education in some way.

Where we are: Kent, Ohio - This position is at the Kent campus

Who we are looking for: Someone with a bit of experience in IT or with a lot of practical knowledge regarding technology. The support needs are basic desktop items such as imaging PCs and Macs (Mac knowledge is a must), setting up file and print shares, working with Active Directory security groups, basic network troubleshooting, in-depth software troubleshooting, in-depth hardware troubleshooting, A/V setup and troubleshooting (projectors, VCR/DVDs, audio issues, document cameras, Extron equipment, etc.), and capable of friendly customer service. Experience with Polycom and other video conferencing systems is a plus. The person must be a team player as there are currently 10 student employees that are part of the department, most of which will be partnering with the staff member for learning purposes on a day to day basis.

The Good: Fairly developed support system and pattern of needs so there aren't too many surprises; vacation, sick time, retirement, and other benefits are awesome; Free tuition

The Bad: Salary is fairly firm at the base rate of $37,400; Sometimes faculty can be very demanding and the job can be very stressful at times

Contact: For more information and to apply for the position you can visit: http://jobs.kent.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=188084

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

Filled.

Houston Rockets fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 9, 2014

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
My experience: 17 years in the industry, currently supporting mission critical back-end operations at multiple datacenters for a large privately held company.
ITILv3, MCSE 2000, MCSA 2008,A+, SE Datacenter Associate Cert
What I'm looking for: Windows Server Administration/Vcenter Admin/AD Admin OR Datacenter Facility lead/management.
What I'm NOT looking for: Jr sysadmin,helpdesk,etc.
Where I live: Memphis,TN (looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Nashville,TN (my wife works for the same company, they're fine with her working from home, but my job requires a physical presence, no telecommute for me.)
When I can start: My boss is a pretty cool guy, so I want to give him at least a month to fill my position since my current employment has such hilarious issues with their HR dept that it's easier to hire temps than full-time people.
Requirements: Full-Time only, no contract-to-hire, Health benefit package, 401k, etc.
Can be reached via: PM, smithandwessonfan@gmail.com

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
AN UPDATE:

I am doubtful that I will be in any classes this semester, since I'm still on lots of waitlists, so for a good enough offer I would be willing to put my degree on hold.

it is posted:

My experience: Most recently, ran the QA department for a small web company. Defined best practices for writing automated tests, trained coworkers, spent the company credit card on software to make them more productive, etc. Before that, I did mostly web dev. I had a summer job doing some machine learning work for a search engine, another job doing QA and front-end web development, another job doing front- and back-end web development, and a QA gig.
What I'm looking for: Ideally, I'd like a full-time job. Hilariously flexible hours, while in no way required, would make me look thrice in your direction, and I will sacrifice my negotiating position to say that freedom is worth money to me. Part-time would be okay too, though. I'd perform best in a test automation position, but I'm open to dev work too.
What I'm NOT looking for: Do people actually offer help desk positions to people with a programming background? Maybe I should specify that I'm not looking for manual testing positions.
Where I live: Austin, TX
Where I'm looking: Austin. I would be more than happy to work remote as well.
When I can start: If you can hire me yesterday that'd be great
Requirements: I'm pretty open, as long as I'm working with good people on conscionable products
Can be reached via: woihtmmd@gmail.com

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It is now time for your company to score an amazing deal on a proven Solid Fella.

My experience: 10 years as helpdesk manager/repair manager, followed by 3-5 of development and coding. LAMP/Perl/Python/shell/linux and Real Unix/Ruby/Nagios/Remedy. Valid CCNA. Oh, and I also created YosVape and Fayettevillains. No degree - if it's a hard requirement please do not waste your time.

What I'm looking for: Any sort of coding/devops/sysadmin/web coding gig. I can do L2/L3 as well. Weird startup niche spots entertained for the right money and gig.

What I'm NOT looking for: Short contracts. End user web coding - I won't make the spinny skull .gif rotate differently.

Where I live: I like to describe myself as a Denver resident stuck in the South, but you would consider me a Fayetteville, AR resident that's close to relo-ready.

Where I'm looking: Denver shall be the city, and the city shall be Denver. Boulder if it's juicy but it'll be a hard sell. Colorado Springs is right out.

When I can start: We are homeowners here and need to sell, and would expect a month or so to get moved out there and started. I could remote-train or work remotely sooner than that. Signons increase my velocity by a factor of $BIGNUM.

Requirements: Serious preference given to FT with benefits. If it is contract, we will have to be talking significant compensation to keep us in health insurance.

Can be reached via: PM or email to jonny290@gmail.com. Resume available on contact.

A personal note - I am one of those weird guys that kind of fills in for everything when they need to be done. I have a very wide scope of working knowledge in many electrical, mechanical and similar fields. If you hear of a curious spot that needs the right person - maybe some weird devops+gardening spot, or a combination coding/soldering/grilling gig, I would sincerely appreciate you reaching out to me.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
I just heard that Boeings IT department is going to be hiring a ton of people in Charlotte from someone who helped coordinate their move to the city. I wish i had more information than that, but hopefully it helps someone.

I know theyre huge, but supposedly its much more than normal coming down the pike.

mugrim fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 9, 2013

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

mugrim posted:

I just heard that Boeings IT department is going to be hiring a ton of people in Charlotte from someone who helped coordinate their move to the city. I wish i had more information than that, but hopefully it helps someone.

I know theyre huge, but supposedly its much more than normal coming down the pike.

I hadn't heard Charlotte, but they are being jerks and moving 1500 IT jobs from the Seattle area to Charleston and St. Louis over the next 3 years to make "IT CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE" (aka find cheaper people that they can shaft on benefits now that they don't have to worry about a union contract for a while)

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 9, 2013

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

My experience: 5 years working part-time for my university's IT services as a student. Started as help desk, then moved into faculty support and a bit of junior system administration. The later part of my time there I was "warranty team leader" and led the team responsible for hardware repair and replacement. I graduated this summer with a BS in Information Technology, and I spent the latter part of the summer with my nose stuck in books and labbing to get a CCNA, which I did at the end of August.

What I'm looking for: Associate Network Engineer, Junior Network Administrator. I'd do junior system administration if I'd get a lot of hands-on work with the networking side of things, too. It's definitely what I'm most passionate about.

What I'm NOT looking for: A call-center job or help desk. I did my share help desk in school, I'm ready to move on.

Where I live: Metro Atlanta

Where I'm looking: Mostly Atlanta, but I'm open to looking anywhere.

When I can start: As soon as possible. If it's not in the Atlanta area, I'd probably need 2 weeks to find an apartment/move.

Can be reached via: PM or email to john DOT d DOT hudgins at gmail DOT com. I'll be able to provide my resume on contact.

Dose of the Clap
Aug 14, 2009

Selfosophy Psycho
deleted

Dose of the Clap fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 27, 2016

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Just throwing this out there for the job posters: We had a position to fill that was getting little to no traction in the normal areas (Craigslist, Monster, etc.). But then we posted the job on http://www.theresumator.com and within a week I've got 6 resumes of higher quality than any we'd seen previously. Their system is really nice, and was actually a joy to deal with compared to juggling emails into folders and so on. If you're just doing a one and done the free trial will likely get you through it, but if you have dedicated HR doing a lot of hiring maybe get them to check it out.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Dose of the Clap posted:

I have experience in Windows, Linux, BASH and Windows shell scripting, beginner Python and VB, solid understanding of routing and networking concepts, wireshark, some virtual machine experience.

Where I live: Evansville, IN

Yeah best of luck finding anything IT-related in the Evansville/Henderson region, there isn't much here

Dose of the Clap
Aug 14, 2009

Selfosophy Psycho

text editor posted:

Yeah best of luck finding anything IT-related in the Evansville/Henderson region, there isn't much here

I know, it's slim. Everything I see wants a CCNP and CISSP with 8+ years of experience to be the small business go-to IT guy for 29k a year.

smokmnky
Jan 29, 2009
My experience: I’ve had various technology related jobs for 10+ years and in the last 7 I’ve been focused on project management in various roles (team member to leading projects). I’ve lead simple colocation move projects all the way up to million dollar hardware upgrades from start to finish. I’d consider myself at a System Admin I level. I also have my PMP certification

I have experience with CentOS, ESXi 4.0 and 5.1, 2008 R2 and Windows 7. I’ve also got Ghost, Altiris Notification Server and Deployment Server experience.

What I'm looking for: A technical project manager role, where I can liaison between management and engineers

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk.

Where I live: Redwood City, CA

Where I'm looking: Peninsula, willing to look at something in San Francisco but I'd rather stay within 15-20mi of Redwood City

Requirements: full time

Can be reached via: smokmnky@gmail.com

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Welp, I was laid off yesterday, time to start looking again.
My experience: I spent the past 3 years working as a systems administrator for a start up where I did everything from troubleshooting laptops in a daily role to supporting servers. I managed our ESXi environment (1 cluster, 4 hosts) including an upgrade to ESXi 5.1. I installed and maintained a puppet environment including getting Foreman working and was in process of finally getting mcollective going when I was laid off. I installed and maintained an OSX server that included a netinstall image, profile manager and software updates. I rolled out openLDAP to the company and maintained an Icinga/Nagios installation including creating my own plugins for it in perl.

Obviously there's more but that's the 100 yard view.

What I'm looking for: Another systems administration role. I'd also be open to a DevOps type situation.

What I'm not looking for: Like most people, no entry level help desk. I don't mind desk side support being PART of my role as I understand especially how startups work but I'm too far in my career to consider this as my primary function in a company.

I'm also not looking for temp contracts with no chance of full time hire.

Where I live: Downtown Denver CO

Where I'm looking: Denver and surrounding, if you're close to the light rail on I-25 down in the tech center, I'm definitely open to that and I've worked in Boulder for the past 10 years so I understand that commute.

I'm also looking to relocate to Southern California so I'm definitely open to talking to people about positions there.

Requirements: Full time with benefits.

Can be reached via: rallyv@gmail.com or pm.

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
May as well update this.

My experience: 7 years total in IT. 2.5 years as helpdesk monkey. 2 years as a combination deployment engineer, software tester, custom hardware builder, and documentation writer for a small software firm and their custom SaaS product. 2.5 years as combination desktop support lead and systems administrator for a small/medium business.
What I'm looking for: Something involving IT project management or systems administration, also open to travel-heavy jobs like consulting
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk (I love how we all have to write this, but I still get calls from recruiters wanting to discuss exciting helpdesk 'opportunities')
Where I live: Houston, TX
Where I'm looking: Houston, TX. Open to relocation to Austin, Denver, or the West coast after 6 months if need be.
When I can start: Immediate!
Requirements: Health insurance, full time. Contract-to-hire and contract are acceptable if it pays well enough for me to secure independent health insurance.

Can be reached via: dlcoles@gmail.com

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Oh hey there's suddenly a bunch of people in Denver looking for jobs. I've posted earlier in this thread about Xero, which is a SaaS company with a very impressive growth curve we're trying to stay ahead of (everything doubles every year), and we need people to work with us in our new Denver branch of the Operations team. We recently hired a number of people for positions, and there are still openings, but we probably won't be filling those for at least 6-8 weeks while we get the initial batch up and running. Also the office space still needs setting up!

But don't let that hold you back on applying, the careers page is here: http://www.xero.com/about/careers/

PM or email me at my username at hotmail, because our referral bonus is sweet (And I've finally gotten one goon referred into our Wellington office, woo payday!)

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
filled

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 29, 2019

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
My experience: Three years working for HP as the lead US frontend developer and browser compatibility monkey. It was for the China online store, so I supported everything from IE6 to Chrome and usually got the hard IE6 problems. I've led redesign efforts both for the UI and the code, both times to a general improvement. Previously it was two years doing similar but less pure frontend and more maintenance of old code for UC Santa Cruz. Various helpdesk and intern-y things during collage.
What I'm looking for: Frontend web development. I'd like to work more in the backend because my skills are rusty, but I'd like it to not be all I do.
What I'm NOT looking for: Pixel-perfect in IE6 unless you have a very, very good offer. Helpdesk.
Where I live: Boise, ID
Where I'm looking: Pacific Northwest. Preferably Seattle, but I'm flexible.
When I can start: Late October for preference, but willing to start after appropriate notice to HP if it's juicy enough.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.

Can be reached via: marsdragon@gmail.com

3spades
Mar 20, 2003

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?
Who we are: Internap, Agile Hosting division
About the company: Internap is an internet services provider that dips its toe in all the murky waters running the internet (cloud, dedicated, colo, streaming, cdn, bandwidth, and routing.) The Agile hosting division is the company formally known as Voxel.net. Internap bought us for our use of cloud and our support team. This team mostly handles our existing client base and the few spillovers from the parent company. We focus on cloud and dedicated servers.
Where we are: Downtown NYC and Santa Clara CA
How big we are: The ops department is 1 day manager, 1 Noc. 3-4 L1, and 3 L2 for the day shift. One night manager, 1.5 Noc, 3 L1, and 2 L2 on the night crew (out of Singapore). We are in staggered shifts to cover our respective zones.
Who we are looking for: Network Admin, L1 Sysadmin, L2 Sysadmin. Experience is always nice, desire to learn helps. Must know linux. We're like 95% linux and so are our clients.
The Good: We're a small team mostly separated from the company as a whole. We have enough coverage so you're not taking your work home with you. Health/Dental and eventually they'll let you 401k.
The Bad: Like the mail, the tickets never stop. It can be a bit high stress depending on the load. NOC and L2 will eventually be added to an on call for escalations. You will be groomed to eventually work 1 weekend day for coverage (sun-thurs or tues-sat).

Misc Info:
NOC is NYC only. Eventually will settle into a 1p-9p shift.
NOC is currently handling our smaller network (5 POPs in NY, maybe another 8 or so outside of it) while reaching out to the internap noc for the shared and crossover of our networks combined. Our network is mostly cisco, brocade, arista. As the new guy you will most likely take over the handful of vpn things our firewall customers do (all Cisco ASAs). Load balancing is via zeus/stingray or if they bought an f5 (only 2 I think so far). Legacy load balancing is brocade.

L1/L2 have the option of Santa Clara if you're on the west coast. Otherwise we prefer NY as that's where our staff is. Once groomed will be moved to the 1 weekend day shift.
L1 handle all intake and move poo poo where it needs to go. It is mostly daily triage and resolution of common day to day issues. The average work per ticket should normally not exceed 30 minutes of actual real work. Installs and deployments using our api.

L2 is escalation of the L1 team and making our lovely things better. Chef and ruby is a major plus as we suck at doing that right. You'll be taking on the more complex issues that don't stick out like a sore thumb from the L1 team. Tracking down client bottle necks, doing things to make caching better, optimization of the stack etc. If/when poo poo hits the fan that overwhelm the L1 team you'll be asked to help control the chaos.

While we have multiple interfaces for various products, you will spend most of the day inside our customer portal. Everything is centralized. Tickets, billing, devices, orders. They all funnel into this one location. Our cloud now is xen but the new cloud will be openstack/cloudstack.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

This may be a longshot since it seems most of you are based in the US, but posting can't hurt.

My experience: Three years as a technical consultant for a multinational corporate helpdesk. Hired for my language skills so we could support clients from our Germany-based daughter company from our American offices, eventually promoted to supervisor of the entire European service team. Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support, asset management, Microsoft Exchange server migration, heavy use of SCCM for software and patch deployment, Cisco Systems VPN, data center supervision. Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook 2003 to current, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Project, MS Access. Windows 7, OS X, Linux Ubuntu. Basic working knowledge of SAP/BI.
What I'm looking for: Preferably a supervisory position of a corporate help desk, and preferably one with a multinational focus. Failing that, continuing work as a help desk technician, or a technical analyst with a data center team or system admin for a smaller company. Technical translation (German to English) is also not out of the realm of possibility. I've also done a good deal of freelance network creation/administration work in the past year, as well as troubleshooting hardware on-site for clients with no local field service support apparatus.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires me to move outside of Germany. I have the legal right to work in both the United States and Germany, but for family reasons I am unable to relocate to the US at the present time. Travel is fine, provided I'm still based here.
Where I live: Berlin, Germany
Where I'm looking: Berlin, anywhere in Germany, remote
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Negotiable. Preferably an actual hired position and not contract-based, but I'm keeping my options open.
Can be reached via: PM's or email at christopher.looney@gmail.com

Drone fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 23, 2013

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Reposting this, since I'm definitely looking for a change. I'm specifically looking to relocate and am considering all options.

My experience: About 8 years in IT, mostly as a sysadmin/support guy. My specialty is in Windows, with experience in MSSQL, clustering, IIS, AD, and the usual enterprise-level Microsoft accessories. The notable is exception is Exchange; I do not have any real Exchange experience. I also have a fair bit of experience with VMware and storage technologies, as well as basic networking (should have CCNA sometime this year). I hold an RHCSA but don't get to work on Linux platforms that often so I'm pretty rusty.

What I'm looking for: Backend administration/engineering, either in an operational role as a senior engineer/team lead or in presales engineering/consulting. A day job would be ideal though a modest amount of on-call would be tolerable.

What I'm NOT looking for: Support/helpdesk. I'd like to be done working tickets.

Where I live: Central Texas

Where I'm looking: Anywhere

When I can start: Sometime after the first of the year (my lease is up in January).

Requirements: Full time, insurance (may be negotiable come October 1st), 401k.

Can be reached via: fatman1683 at yahoo, or PM.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
My Experience: 3-4 Years IT support engineering and 1 year iOS plus full-stack web software engineer. My specialities are Mac enterprise support, iOS deployment and development, and Ruby on Rails development.
What I'm Looking For: A junior iOS and/or Ruby on Rails engineer position. Willing to consider Mac IT positions.
What I'm NOT Looking For: Windows-only shops. I can do Windows support and engineering, but I prefer Macs.
Where I Live: Sacramento, CA
Where I'm Looking: Anywhere in the continental US
Requirements: Competitive salary. Will consider contract and contract-to-hire positions.
Can Be Reached Via: PM, rob@robfreiburger.com
Website, Resume, GitHub

wolffenstein fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 26, 2013

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Who we are: trivago GmbH, hotel meta search
About the company: Over the past two years trivago has become one of the world's most well-known travel brands. We are currently advertising with TV campaigns in: Spain, Germany, Italy, France, the UK, Ireland, the USA, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Poland, Greece and Portugal.
Where we are: Düsseldorf, Germany
How big we are: Around 400 employees total. 8 in my department
Who we are looking for: A Junior Analyst in the Business Intelligence Department: http://www.trivago.com/jobs?yid=427
We are also always looking for Java/PHP/Web Developers.
The Good: We have a great relaxed work environment with many benefits, including free (German) beer, yearly company trips, regular team events, unlimited vacation days etc. We are a very international company, with around 40 different nationalities represented by us.
The Bad: We're located in Düsseldorf, Germany. You'd have to relocate.
Contact: PM me or email clemens.valiente@trivago.com or use our job portal to send an application http://www.trivago.com/static/career_opportunities/jobs and mention my name (Clemens Valiente)

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
My experience: About 5-6 years (varying amounts) experience as a developer, sysadmin, network dude, broadcast engineer, etc. Development is mainly .NET and SQL Server but I've touched JavaScript, Java, Python, and C++ as well along with Oracle and Postgres.On the sysadmin side of things I've led several major upgrades and migrations and dealt with Windows, Solaris, Linux, VMware, and more stuff I probably can't think of. Flip side is that the only focused thing I've really done is .NET, every role before my current one has demanded being a jack of all trades. If you name a technology I may very well know something about it.

What I'm looking for: Something which makes use of my past experience and knowledge. Development or maybe not depending on the role and opportunities. Devops could be cool too.

What I'm not looking for: Front-end web development, entry level support/tech stuff.

Where I live: New Haven, CT.

Where I'm looking: New York City.

When I can start: Two weeks' notice plus relocation time.

Requirements: Competitive salary, insurance. Relocation assistance is appreciated but not mandatory.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

We're looking for a couple programmers in Chicago!

Who we are: A small medical software startup focusing mostly on mobile.
Where we are: Downtown Chicago (near Union Station)

Job title: we really don't like job titles very much

What we want: A couple solid programmers, as vague as that sounds. 95% of the code we write is in Javascript, whether it's for node.js or appcelerator's Titanium. We prefer self-taught people who have experience with OOP and MVC, but we're not using any particular language as a filter for candidates. I had written very little javascript (I actually have a C# background) and still got hired. All candidates have to sit shoulder to shoulder with one of us and actually write code that works as a part of the interview process.

The Good: Salary is competitive, and we often do bonuses. The company picks up the tab for lunch most days!

The Bad: We're really small, so there are no benefits. I get paid extra so I can go buy my own -- this will likely change as we grow (which we're doing quickly)!

Contact: jeremy.lee.phelps@gmail.com or PM. Code samples are very welcome!

edit: No remote workers, please! We work side-by-side a great deal, so being in the office is critical.

Amun fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 26, 2013

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Reposting this as we are still growing and looking for people.

Where are we Arizona, Utah

About us, benefits, other info
The company was started in 04 and we have developed an all in one CRM/Ecomm/Marketing solution for small businesses. We are currently growing very quickly as a company in revenue and size. You can find out more here - http://www.infusionsoft.com/about

Benifits
Our company is really a lot of fun with around ~400 employees( I've worked there for 5+ years and don't think about killing my self every time I wake up in the morning to go to work).

Here they are directly from the career page -
Quite simply, we love our employees. And to keep them happy and productive we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and a compensation package that includes:

Medical and dental insurance
(employee premiums 100% covered)
Short-term and long-term disability
3 weeks paid time off (in the first year!)
10 paid holidays
Vision Insurance
Flexible spending reimbursement account
Contributions toward HSA accounts
$100,000 life insurance
Stock options
Contests, giveaways and incentives
Company lunches
Quarterly activities

I would be lying if I said the above wasn't true, it really is awesome. Oh, and we have a fully stocked break room with cereal & milk. A freezer full of fruits & ice cream to make shakes, all for the taking. There is a 50yrd AstroTurf field, fooseball, billiards table, Message chairs, some weights and poo poo too.

Seriously, here is a promotional video showing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SyQh_Wx72M
Newer PC video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MDiH6x1mo

This company is 70-80% Mormon Note that this does not usually matter but occasionally, people seem to always be happy in a drug induced sort of way and there is some "koolaid" that you may have to drink(Ie: putting on an act or front).

I would appreciate it if you decide to apply for one of these positions if you would count me as a referral for the position. Additionally, I would also appreciate you not applying if you don't meet the requirements for the position as you are my referral I rather not shine a bad light on my self.

Any who here are the current positions we have open that I think will interest the people here. Note there are other positions available just check out this page - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers

If you decide to apply when it ask for the referral please us my name
Sterling Grogg

Career Openings Location

Email Analyst (Chandler, AZ)
MySQL DBA (Chandler, AZ)
Web Developer for GroSocial (Lehi, UT)
Platform Java Engineer (Chandler, AZ)
ScrumMaster (Lehi, UT)
Big Data Administrator (Chandler, AZ)
Email Systems Administrator (Chandler, AZ)
Sales CRM/ERP Systems Analyst (Chandler, AZ)

Note!!: If you have any questions about the company/job/culture or anything, I will try to help you out. Hopefully I can answer your guys questions.
Email: sterster at the gmails

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
edit: got a job

borkencode fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 21, 2013

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

found a job!

pointers fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 28, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Who wants to work at a bank as a software engineer?

Where we are: Denver Tech Center
Who we are: CoBank, ACB. We're an agricultural bank, we usually rank in the top 5 places to work in the state and we need two software engineers. We're an MS shop, and things are very structured because we're regulated by the Fed. If you're looking for challenging, ongoing work, come work with me. If you are a visionary who wants to solve humanity, this is probably not the job for you. If you are a cowboy coder who gives up on poo poo halfway through, do not apply.

PM me for more details if you're interested. If you're a good candidate, I can recommend you and that will help you.

erock
Mar 2, 2007
Endlessly wandering
Looking for a Data Center Tech in the Chicago Burbs!

Where are we: Elk Grove Village, IL
Who we are: SingleHop http://www.singlehop.com/ We are a web hosting company who provides dedicated and cloud hosting.
What we are looking for: I am looking for a canidate with strong hardware skills. The ability to build servers from scratch and follow standards. Someone who can diagnose issues and make the corrections. The job requires basic knowledge with Linux OS's (RHEL and Debian based systems) and comfort working at a command line.

Job posting: http://www.singlehop.com/about/careers

What I don't want: Someone who can't build a computer. I have had to many applicants with A+, degrees and certs who can barely identify parts.

What we can do for you
Salary position
Set schedule (40 hour weeks)
Medical and Dental packages
PTO

Feel free to contact me with questions or resumes. Applications need to be submitted via the web portal. enilson@singlehop.com

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Removed.

metztli fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Any flexibility on the on-site part?