Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Watched Wander Over Yonder. Girlfriend and I both enjoyed it, though I'm concerned as to how long the show can retain its charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's funny, Wander Over Yonder's Sylvia reminds me a lot of the german version of the Aadvark from the Pink Panther, where he was female and called "Blue Elise".
Also her dance from "The Greatest" was straight up Snoopy, fantastic. I hope it keeps up the small references.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The last episode of the Amazing world of Gumball is terrifying. Especially at the end where William only just realizes that he's actually incapable of speech

Of course, I guess they all get loving intense at the end.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Has anyone watched the Magic Schoolbus recently, I was always curious if that show held up, though it probably doesn't since the science they talk is outdated and the characters are from the early 90s, but I mean it can't be worse than Captain Planet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

achillesforever6 posted:

Has anyone watched the Magic Schoolbus recently, I was always curious if that show held up, though it probably doesn't since the science they talk is outdated and the characters are from the early 90s, but I mean it can't be worse than Captain Planet.

That episode where they go to Pluto and Arnold almost loving kills himself is kind of funny to watch now since Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

That episode where they go to Pluto and Arnold almost loving kills himself is kind of funny to watch now since Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGs77kOT9Kk

RIP Arnold.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
drat Arnold is pretty hardcore to prove a point. :stare:

I mean he also turned into a giant and fought a loving T-Rex, Arnold was the man. Along with Ralph who was the only other classmate I could relate too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha that show owned.

Watching cartoons with my daughter (3 years old) really made me appreciate what we had when we were little. These new educational/kids cartoons treat you like you're borderline retarded. Plus they have no Saturday mornings anymore and everything is on at night instead of right after they get out of school.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The absolute high light of my infrequent trips to visit my brother and sister in law are me sitting on the couch with my five year old nephew and watching Magic School Bus episodes on youtube :allears:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think someone says this every week but man this weeks Teen Titans Go was excellent. Just the montage with Cyborg, Beast Boy and Happy Raven alone was priceless.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I don't care what anybody thinks, I really enjoy uncle grandpa.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RBX posted:

Hahaha that show owned.

Watching cartoons with my daughter (3 years old) really made me appreciate what we had when we were little. These new educational/kids cartoons treat you like you're borderline retarded. Plus they have no Saturday mornings anymore and everything is on at night instead of right after they get out of school.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSLy-GqJhkI

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's weird to complain that there's no Saturday morning cartoons anymore when the reason they went away is because there's like 5 networks that show nothing but kid's shows, plus on top of that you have streaming stuff and a bunch of stuff just on Youtube. It's not like there aren't a crapload of options for a kid wanting to watch stuff after school.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

axleblaze posted:

It's weird to complain that there's no Saturday morning cartoons anymore when the reason they went away is because there's like 5 networks that show nothing but kid's shows, plus on top of that you have streaming stuff and a bunch of stuff just on Youtube. It's not like there aren't a crapload of options for a kid wanting to watch stuff after school.

I guess the issue is that since they're spread out across many channels allday erryday, it makes it feel less special than when you had 4-5 solid hours of cartoons airing on a couple of channels one day a week. And while I have a good bit of nostalgia for those days myself, I can't say that I really miss it that much when I can just set whatever shows my kids want to watch on the DVR and make a Saturday morning-esque cartoon block whenever I like, with the bonus of not having to sit through the cartoons that suck.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think someone mentioned this in a different thread but they really need to reboot The Magic Schoolbus as an American clone of Doctor Who.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I think someone mentioned this in a different thread but they really need to reboot The Magic Schoolbus as an American clone of Doctor Who.

But I think the school administrators would start to get suspicious right around the time the 3rd Frizzle's incarnation started running around.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TwoPair posted:

But I think the school administrators would start to get suspicious right around the time the 3rd Frizzle's incarnation started running around.

What, you think all Time Lords and Ladies are as chronically careless as the Doctor?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĦTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I just don't think you can expect to bring back every kid from every trip to the Roman Empire.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Saturday mornings still exist on The CW :colbert:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

El Tortuga posted:

I just don't think you can expect to bring back every kid from every trip to the Roman Empire.

Bless the man that invented permission slips.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

axleblaze posted:

I think someone says this every week but man this weeks Teen Titans Go was excellent. Just the montage with Cyborg, Beast Boy and Happy Raven alone was priceless.

The only bizarre thing in that episode was the little 10 second end bit with Starfire- I guess they had a couple extra seconds to fill?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

raditts posted:

... with the bonus of not having to sit through the cartoons that suck.
Which when I grew up in the 70's, was 99% of the stuff on the air Saturday mornings.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Glass of Milk posted:

The only bizarre thing in that episode was the little 10 second end bit with Starfire- I guess they had a couple extra seconds to fill?

Yeah, I have no idea what the deal with that was. It seemed almost like a play on the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream but only in the way she talked to audience rather than content so I just don't know.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Watched all of Tron: Uprising on Netflix recently, and I gotta say I'm kinda bummed it got cancelled. The story wasn't great shakes but I was digging the Reboot meets Ĉon Flux aesthetic they had going.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I honestly really enjoyed the story and the relationship it was establishing between Paige and Beck, Paige's past, Mara's involvement in the rebellion (that grafitti was amazing looking) and other things too. I'm really sad it's most likely cancelled, because I'd have loved to see a second season where there was an actual explicit rebellion in progress, rather than just Beck/Tron trying to set one up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think the show kind of suffered from Clone Wars syndrome, in that you know Beck isn't the one to take down Clu and free the grid. By the time Sam arrives, it's virtually the same as when Uprising started. The only thing I was really looking forward to was finding out how Tron became the Rinzler.

Unless Tr3n (what a stupid name) is planning on incorporating Uprising into its story. Which I wouldn't mind. At the very least, Mandy Moore in skin-tight latex.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Two fantastic details in the latest Teen Titans Go:

There's a textbook redditor for a split second (standing in line to kiss Raven, of course).

Cyborg's Robo-eye has an 8-bit star.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Two fantastic details in the latest Teen Titans Go:

There's a textbook redditor for a split second (standing in line to kiss Raven, of course).

Cyborg's Robo-eye has an 8-bit star.

Someone working on that show is either a Goon, an Anon or someone well acquainted with the internet and what is right.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Two new cartoons ordered by Nickelodeon:

"Bird Seeds" from C.H. Greenblatt (creator of Chowder)

"Pig Goat Banana Cricket" from Dave Cooper & Johnny Ryan

Chowder is one of my favorite cartoons, maybe one of the most creative and unique kids cartoons I've watched, so I'm super excited for his new show. Pig Goat Banana Cricket is notable for being a pilot pitch that was posted to Youtube a year ago, animated by Nick Cross.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The latest preview of Teen Titans Go is probably the best one yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtgWpEDYjU

I love this show so drat much.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

horriblePencilist posted:

The latest preview of Teen Titans Go is probably the best one yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtgWpEDYjU

I love this show so drat much.

That was just fantastic. I now need to somehow to make an avatar out of "she just took the fun out of reading" part (though I think there might be too much to that to pull that off).

Edit:...and done!

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 29, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

That was just fantastic. I now need to somehow to make an avatar out of "she just took the fun out of reading" part (though I think there might be too much to that to pull that off).

Something like this?

e: poo poo, apparently you already got one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how Starfire kept the motorcycle helmet.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Something like this?

e: poo poo, apparently you already got one.

Sorry! Thanks for the attempt though!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I made a Teen Titans GO thread!

Let's all discuss the many hints the animators left for us cementing Raven's unconditional love for Beast Boy!

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I think I finally figured out Uncle Grandpa's deal. He's Spongebob. Seriously, turn Spongebob into an old white guy and the two are identical. Kinda makes the show feel like a shameless rip off now that I've realized this.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Haven't thought about it much, but it is weird that we're in a world now without Saturday morning or after school cartoons. But man, being able to watch whatever I want whenever I want makes this future so very sweet :c00l:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I've been watching Mystery Inc. on Netflix and it's really good. Probably the best Scooby Doo series I've seen. Really hope they put up the second season soon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

I've been watching Mystery Inc. on Netflix and it's really good. Probably the best Scooby Doo series I've seen. Really hope they put up the second season soon.

That series is really weird to me because it's Scooby Doo yet I enjoy it, which is a sensation I am not used to experiencing (though, in fairness, I remember A Pup Named Scooby-Doo being better than it had any right to be, though it was still not a show I'd call good).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yeah, I guess it's because it has a focused story and a tongue in cheek way of poking fun at the story elements.