Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
South Park is back this week for a 10 episode run! This season kicks off with the new episode "Let Go, Let Gov". At some point soon the series's new game "Stick of Truth" is out, which is a JRPG-style game designed to look like the show with a script written by Matt and Trey.

I figure by this point there's probably no one who's wondering what this show is, so on to the fun!

South Park Studios.com posted:

From today’s Comedy Central Press Release:

CARTMAN INFILTRATES THE NSA
ON THE 17TH SEASON PREMIERE OF “SOUTH PARK” ON WEDNESDAY,
SEPTEMBER 25 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL
——–
All-New Season 17 Episodes Available in HD Exclusively on XBOX Live, iTunes, Sony
Entertainment Network, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, and Samsung Media Hub
New Episodes Also Available on SouthParkStudios.com
——–

NEW YORK, September 23, 2013 – Cartman wants to hold the government accountable for secretly monitoring all of his personal information in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled, “Let Go, Let Gov,” premiering Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.
When Cartman manages to get himself behind the doors of the NSA, he doesn’t like what he finds in his personal file. He thinks it’s time he told everyone the truth. Meanwhile, Butters finds someone new to listen to his prayers.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, COMEDY CENTRAL’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT).

Preview clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

To quote Cartman, sweet. Have been waiting for this!

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

KennyMan666 posted:

To quote Cartman, sweet.

Hella sweet!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kind of sucks seasons are now down to 10 episodes a year, but maybe we'll get another holiday ep.

Any idea on when we can expect a release date on Stick of Truth? I'm a little concerned we've heard so little aside from a new E3 trailer a few months ago.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm pretty sure that this has been the longest time without new episodes of South Park since the show premiered in August of '97. Guess they deserved a break.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Ballz posted:

Any idea on when we can expect a release date on Stick of Truth? I'm a little concerned we've heard so little aside from a new E3 trailer a few months ago.
It's coming along quite nicely, I hear. There was some leaked game footage floating around recently.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

cheerfullydrab posted:

I'm pretty sure that this has been the longest time without new episodes of South Park since the show premiered in August of '97. Guess they deserved a break.
The longest time, period. The previous record was between Seasons 4 and 5, from Dec. 20, 2000 to June 20, 2001. Six whole months, lol.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Ballz posted:

Kind of sucks seasons are now down to 10 episodes a year, but maybe we'll get another holiday ep.

Wikipedia has the release date as Nov. 19th, so make of that what you will. Considering that Parker and Stone as well as Obsidian are trying to to avoid the reputation for shoddy games, that's probably more of a hopeful target date, and it will probably be released when it's finished.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cartman & Friends is a good show. Taste the tears Eric.

Was Billy Baldwin restored/saved?

nimh fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 25, 2013

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just gonna get this bitch out of the way:

They have cut the season from 14 to 10 episodes yet they are still doing the episodes one per week. So less South Park. Probably less quality, too because it's all in one go.

This is the least excited I've ever been for a South Park season to start.

At least the game is finally going to come out soonish.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

thrakkorzog posted:

Wikipedia has the release date as Nov. 19th, so make of that what you will. Considering that Parker and Stone as well as Obsidian are trying to to avoid the reputation for shoddy games, that's probably more of a hopeful target date, and it will probably be released when it's finished.

The game has been finished for over a year.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Waltzing Along posted:

This is most definitely not true.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Not entirly. I'm sure they did some stuff since then. But I know that a few team members, including the Creative Lead (who's writing/wrote the final main plot of Project Eternity), have already moved on. So, I think it's been polishing for a while.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, we've been waiting for its release for over a year, from the end of December last year, to the bankruptcy of THQ in January (which had South Park Studios suing THQ for breach of contract - going belly up before finishing the game), to March 5, to April 30, to November 19, to a holiday season ...one of these years, the game will come out when Matt and Trey are finally happy with it.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

WillieWestwood posted:

Well, we've been waiting for its release for over a year, from the end of December last year, to the bankruptcy of THQ in January (which had South Park Studios suing THQ for breach of contract - going belly up before finishing the game), to March 5, to April 30, to November 19, to a holiday season ...one of these years, the game will come out when Matt and Trey are finally happy with it.

December was only a placeholder date for retailers. The first official one we got was march 2013 BEFORE THQ went belly up. April as well. The first we got after was holiday season. November was never even an actual date. I have no idea where you got this from.

Also the game has been announced in december 2011 I don't think 2 years qualifies as that long in gaming.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ubisoft is now the new publisher and if I recall, Matt and Trey have mentioned how they've been pretty awesome and have been helping to polish up the game even more.

Also in the most recent (E3?) trailer, Cartman said "Coming Holiday 2013... probably. You know how these things go." or something of the sort.

E: Anyone else hope they make another "6 days to air" type documentary? The behind the scenes stuff was fantastic and really fascinating to watch. Them cracking up while recording dialogue was the funniest thing too.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 25, 2013

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Stare-Out posted:

E: Anyone else hope they make another "6 days to air" type documentary? The behind the scenes stuff was fantastic and really fascinating to watch. Them cracking up while recording dialogue was the funniest thing too.

I would love if every episode got that treatment and provided as DVD/Blu-ray extras. The sheer despair they have on their faces when the scenario is just not working to the joy they have when the jokes start coming together is just great. That and any time they have to have a back and forth talk between the censors and the show runners.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Speak of the devil!

South Park Studios.com posted:

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH RELEASE DATE, UNVEILS GRAND WIZARD EDITION, REVEALS NEW TRAILER AND EVERYTHING

Limited collectors’ edition a must-have for die-hard South Park fans.

THE 17TH SEASON PREMIERE OF “SOUTH PARK” AIRS TONIGHT AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL®

Today, Ubisoft, South Park Digital Studios, and Obsidian Entertainment announced South Park: The Stick of Truth, will be available on the North American continent on December 10 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Fans can check out the latest action in South Park: The Stick of Truth by watching the new “Destiny” trailer, released today. In the trailer, the New Kid steps forth and fulfills his, well, destiny.

About South Park: The Stick of Truth
Arm yourself with weapons of legend to defeat underpants gnomes, hippies and other forces of evil. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your place at the side of Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as their new friend. Succeed, and you shall be South Park’s savior, cementing your social status in South Park Elementary. Fail, and you will forever be known… as a loser.

In addition, consumers who pre-order South Park: The Stick of Truth will also receive the Ultimate Fellowship Pack. Choose your class and pick your perk with four exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities. Suit up as the Necromancer Sorcerer to increase your fire damage, earn extra gold by equipping the Rogue Assassin outfit, deal extra weapon damage with the Ranger Elf costume, or raise your defense with the Holy Defender outfit.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition, a must-have for any self-respecting South Park fan worth his weight in cheesy poofs, will also be available on December 10 for the expected retail price of $79.99. This limited Grand Wizard Edition features a trove of mystical items from the deepest reaches of South Park to aid you in your quest to acquire the Stick of Truth and rid the realm of evil.

The Grand Wizard Edition includes:

South Park: The Stick of Truth Game

The full game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC.

Grand Wizard Kidrobot® Cartman Figure

Pose the Grand Wizard Cartman and his stick of authority with this six-inch replica figure from Kidrobot®. The Grand Wizard Cartman figure is not available in stores and can only be found in the Grand Wizard Edition.

Kingdom of South Park Map

The entire town of South Park has been charted, plotted, and mapped. Chronicle your own conquests with this one-of-a-kind piece of South Park history.

The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack

Unlock the ultimate fellowship! Included for free in the Grand Wizard edition.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013
Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaaV29_Gq-g

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
drat. South Park, It's Always Sunny, and the League on the same night. Not used to this much TV watching.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pringles_School posted:

November was never even an actual date. I have no idea where you got this from.
That was from a June 14 post at South Park Studios' message board that read "GameStop and Gamespot are both listing the release date as November 19th, 2013." Those links will surely be updated, but I post them here so you know where I got it from.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

WillieWestwood posted:

That was from a June 14 post at South Park Studios' message board that read "GameStop and Gamespot are both listing the release date as November 19th, 2013." Those links will surely be updated, but I post them here so you know where I got it from.

Thanks. IMO, I would never trust retailer dates since most of them just lead to rumors.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Awesome, I had the online marathon up for the entire time and wanted to make a thread, just never got around to it.

S...Staaaan.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHYcPAqIDX0

Right from their mouths a few months ago. I think it's safe to say that we'll get the game eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it miss this holiday season.

EDIT: I hope that press release is a sure thing. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm glad that it seems so much care has been put into it.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 26, 2013

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Whoa, cool!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
... art... shift?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Digging the new intro!

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Re:opening

Holy poo poo.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jesus christ, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on people who use their phones like that. It happens more than it should.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'd certainly be down with seeing a puppet show version of 1984 at Casa Bonita.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Uh oh, looks like South Park will be playing the middle on this one. I know how this pisses off some people...

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Oh Butters...

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Holy poo poo, who is doing Baldwin's voice? This is... somebody, isn't it?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
So the dude Cartman is speakerphoning with (Lawrence) is gonna be a NSA agent isn't he?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Shitter!

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Hader as Alec is awesome.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Bill Hader as Alec is awesome.

That's what I thought.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Revol posted:

Uh oh, looks like South Park will be playing the middle on this one. I know how this pisses off some people...

"Some people already put a lot of their information out there availably, so you have no reason to complain!"

This seems to be the 'moral' they're going for. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between walking through public chatting with a friend surrounded by average people, and doing the same but with a government agent actively trailing you to record it all into a database.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

God :drat: I love Bill Hader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibsen
Jun 20, 2006
I am Not.

Revol posted:

Its simplistic conflation, which can be detrimental in certain cases. Here, if its the case their making, I don't think you can say that because a user expresses things about their life, its fine then that the gov't tracks you in much more insidious ways.

• Locked thread