Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I figured Connie's mother was old and bedridden with weak spindly limbs, and remained that way after transforming.

Edit: I guess she's houseridden now

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

UberJumper posted:

Honestly i get the feeling that what the titans vomit up, turns into a titan after awhile. A titan ate connies village, vomits the blob on the house. The blob is still forming into a titan hence why its arms/legs are all weird. That's my theory at least.

That would mean every titan that attacked the tower was a full village, which I find doubtful. And it doesn't explain the apparent lack of a struggle. Looks like whatever turns people into titans could be airborne or something.

LuisX
Aug 4, 2004
Sword Chuck, yo!
Maybe the monkey titan poisoned the water supply of Connie's village with titan transforming juice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UberJumper posted:

Honestly i get the feeling that what the titans vomit up, turns into a titan after awhile. A titan ate connies village, vomits the blob on the house. The blob is still forming into a titan hence why its arms/legs are all weird. That's my theory at least.

What in the world?

It's been everything short of explicitly stated that the people of Connie's village were transformed into titans. The titans that attacked Sasha's village and made people think that the walls had been breached came from Connie's village. Because the walls weren't actually breached, we know that they didn't come from outside the walls, so they had to have been created somehow inside of the walls. The titan that welcomed Connie home was transformed from his mother and just happened to be left behind due to the fact that its form rendered it immobile.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Wait where did it say that every titan was from connies village?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UberJumper posted:

Wait where did it say that every titan was from connies village?

It doesn't explicitly say, but it's pretty obvious that people inside the walls and in Connie's village were turned into titans. The walls weren't breached so we know the titans didn't come from outside. The immobile titan recognizes Connie because it was his mom turned into a titan; Connie even says that the titan reminds him of his mother. I don't think we know if Connie's village was the only one turned into titans, but at the very least some of the titans were from Connie's village.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
There's also the fact that Reiner immediately went and yelled at Connie, telling him there's no time to stop and think, when Connie tried to tell him that the Titan looks like his mom.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Still feels like we are building to an all titans are human revelation, it's so heavily foreshadowed at this point that I kinda hope it's something else just because. Then again every time I think the show is out of unexpected reveals it surprises me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

LeafyOrb posted:

Still feels like we are building to an all titans are human revelation, it's so heavily foreshadowed at this point that I kinda hope it's something else just because. Then again every time I think the show is out of unexpected reveals it surprises me.

After Connie's village it's apparent that titans are humans all along, but that doesn't really change the fact we know nothing about them, where they came from, what their purpose is, why they devour people, and so on. You could even make the assumption they are humans after Eren popped out of the neck of the Rogue Titan.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

davidHalestorm posted:

There's also the fact that Reiner immediately went and yelled at Connie, telling him there's no time to stop and think, when Connie tried to tell him that the Titan looks like his mom.

Twice, even. And Ymir, also a Titan, was brutally quick to shut down his suspicions as well.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

LeafyOrb posted:

But then what about this dude

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

He was the lab animal they tested the titan virus with, and later got loose to infect the rest of humanity. You know it's going to be this.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I just realized he has elf ears. Clearly it is Grisha Yeager in titan form! with amensia!

rvm
May 6, 2013
I hope he'll be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What fighting style will Sasquatch bring to the Titan Octagon?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Shot put.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Level Slide posted:

Sitting on people.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Level Slide posted:

Jeet Kun Do.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Level Slide posted:

Primal Rage

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Level Slide posted:

He seems to be quite good at throwing things.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Please, the simian appears quite calm and collected. There's no need for this outmoded discrimination based on faulty science. :colbert:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Please, the simian appears quite calm and collected. There's no need for this outmoded discrimination based on faulty science. :colbert:
Now I want the ape titan to fight using Queensberry-era fisticuffs. Or maybe baritsu!

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Elotana posted:

Now I want the ape titan to fight using Queensberry-era fisticuffs. Or maybe baritsu!

Eren runs up and wings it in the back of the head. It turns around and says, "I find your manner contemptible, sir," and takes a fighting pose while everyone else around is going, "Holy poo poo, it can talk!"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

all I can think of when I see this is the meme with the gorilla picture and the text talking about jimmies being unrustled

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

all I can think of when I see this is the meme with the gorilla picture and the text talking about jimmies being unrustled

I think that's the point.

Unless that meme came from that shot in which case gently caress me.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think that's the point.

Unless that meme came from that shot in which case gently caress me.

oh i guess it's an edit

woops

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Level Slide posted:

Dung flinging.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

oh i guess it's an edit

woops

No, that's an actual panel. The translation is correct and makes perfect sense in context. The Internet is leaking again. :v:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

No, that's an actual panel. The translation is correct and makes perfect sense in context. The Internet is leaking again. :v:

See my avatar for my reaction right now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Edit: Yeah just gonna read this entire manga again. :v:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 26, 2013

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

What? No it's not.

Here's the panel in question:

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/36

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Cake Attack posted:

What? No it's not.

You could have let them believe.

You could have let them dream, dream of a world where the monkey titan is a comforting Mister Rogers figure. But you ruined that.

You are the dreamslayer.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

DOUBLEPOST:

I was playing Path of Exile earlier and some guy was spoiling all of AoT when people brought up the anime. Spoiled the wall reveal, spoiled monkeytitan, spoiled reiner, all of it. You know, typical internet stuff.

I wouldn't even mention it if it weren't for the fact that when he said the Colossal Titan was Bertholdt nobody knew who he was talking about and they thought he just made the name up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cake Attack posted:

What? No it's not.

That entire sequence was loving terrifying. God drat I can't wait to see if they do a 2nd season and have an episode end like that b

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Vincent Valentine posted:

DOUBLEPOST:

I was playing Path of Exile earlier and some guy was spoiling all of AoT when people brought up the anime. Spoiled the wall reveal, spoiled monkeytitan, spoiled reiner, all of it. You know, typical internet stuff.

I wouldn't even mention it if it weren't for the fact that when he said the Colossal Titan was Bertholdt nobody knew who he was talking about and they thought he just made the name up.
Yeah, I've seen people who are suspicious of Reiner and still seem to have no idea who the Colossal Titan is. Being forgettable is a great trait in a spy.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That entire sequence was loving terrifying. God drat I can't wait to see if they do a 2nd season and have an episode end like that.

I will say one thing. Isayama is incredibly good at fostering hate immediately. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that monkey is a "bad" guy.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Quantum Toast posted:

Yeah, I've seen people who are suspicious of Reiner and still seem to have no idea who the Colossal Titan is. Being forgettable is a great trait in a spy.

Yeah, after I decided the female titan was Annie I went and re-watched a few things that came to mind, like all of the weird stuff between Annie and Reiner and how the female titan changed directions after "squishing" him. But I never expected Bert. I didn't even remember he existed at all. Even when I finally realized he was always there, after re-watching the training, I just assumed he didn't know Reiner's secret.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Captain Backslap posted:

Yeah, after I decided the female titan was Annie I went and re-watched a few things that came to mind, like all of the weird stuff between Annie and Reiner and how the female titan changed directions after "squishing" him. But I never expected Bert. I didn't even remember he existed at all. Even when I finally realized he was always there, after re-watching the training, I just assumed he didn't know Reiner's secret.
I'm curious, how did you reconcile Bert's supposed backstory (they were refugees from a mountain village in Wall Maria) with the timeline of the attacks? But that sure would have been an interesting turn if Bert had been just what he appeared all along.

On another note, Isayama has said that he plans for AoT to be done in 20 volumes, which would put us a bit over the half-way point.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Autumncomet posted:

I'm curious, how did you reconcile Bert's supposed backstory (they were refugees from a mountain village in Wall Maria) with the timeline of the attacks? But that sure would have been an interesting turn if Bert had been just what he appeared all along.

On another note, Isayama has said that he plans for AoT to be done in 20 volumes, which would put us a bit over the half-way point.

Just going by the number of pages Amazon gives me, each volume looks to be about 4 chapters in length. So that means there'd be about 80 chapters remaining, which would put us a bit under the halfway mark. Which also makes a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Volume 11 was released in Japan in like August, although I wouldn't be surprised if he went over his estimate or the last few chapters were huge, like how Fullmetal Alchemist turned out.