Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I still can't believe nobody else is using the Widow's Peak as a finisher. That poo poo owned.

It would be a cool thing for a current diva to use if you wanted someone to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

You ask a Bella to take a Widow's Peak, you're gonna have a maimed diva on your hands.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Kotaro Suzuki used to use a version he called the Blue Destiny, did sort of a silly looking tandem version when he was teaming with Ricky Marvin, too. Been a while since I've seen a Suzuki match though, no idea if he's still doing it in AJPW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRHhCDZ-RvQ

e: image rehost

Horns fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 24, 2013

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

VogeGandire posted:

You ask a Bella to take a Widow's Peak, you're gonna have a maimed diva on your hands.

I don't know about that, they had a really good record against her

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Widow's Peak looks like it's hell on your knees. No one likes a Diva with a knee brace.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

sticklefifer posted:

I still can't believe nobody else is using the Widow's Peak as a finisher. That poo poo owned.

It really needs a proper explanation from the announcers, though. For years I thought it was the shittiest finisher ever. "What a bullshit move. Why are all these people being knocked out by an impact to the knees?" Years later, I actually noticed the head positioning and how it's actually a stunner/neckbreaker type move.

If JR or someone had spent 20 seconds explaining it, I wouldn't have spent years thinking Victoria had the shittiest finisher ever.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Meat Recital posted:

Widow's Peak looks like it's hell on your knees. No one likes a Diva with a knee brace.

Layla's glittery knee brace was actually pretty cool.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

This is so god drat great.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I don't know if this is new, but wwe.com has an album of rare & unseen WCW photos. There's some good stuff on there.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Kayfabe is dead (Although fanfics on Tumblr are more alive than ever)

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The legendary stable of John Cena, Triple H, Ric Flair and Trevor Murdoch.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Looks like a picture from the short lived period when the bastard child of Chris Jericho and Kevin Nash was in Evolution. Sorry, Dave.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Randy what is wrong with your jacket, dude? You look like a child in dad's clothes

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
The last time Mark Jinrak's career was on an upward path.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oatgan posted:

Randy what is wrong with your jacket, dude? You look like a child in dad's clothes

He was 22/23 at the time.

Matlock posted:

The last time Mark Jinrak's career was on an upward path.

Eh, he seems to be doing fine in Mexico. How could a man with the highest vertical leap in the WWE not have a great career?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Wazzu posted:

Eh, he seems to be doing fine in Mexico. How could a man with the highest vertical leap in the WWE not have a great career?
Kofi's in Mexico?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Now I'm imagining Mark Jindrak with the Batista push and it is making me wonder if anyone would have gotten over like Batista did in that spot.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He might have gotten injured less, for one thing.

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
When I zoomed on that, it honestly looks like Raven to me. Maybe Raven crossed with Micheal Myers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I thought it was Glen Jacobs. Evolution Kane's alignment is a mystery.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
dot com did a photoshoot of current guys with old belts and it's pretty cool. Some choice pictures:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bard Maddox posted:

dot com did a photoshoot of current guys with old belts and it's pretty cool. Some choice pictures:

I actually like the current WWE belt, but the fact that this won't ever happen makes me sad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gee thanks WWE for reminding us what great belts you USED to have.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

coconono posted:

Gee thanks WWE for reminding us what great belts you USED to have.

At least the spinner belt was thick as hell, design otherwise left unmentioned.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This just makes me sad that Cesaro would've been a great fit for resurrecting the European title. When he had that long run with the US title he should've renamed it, the way Lance Storm did in WCW.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Most of those photos are awesome (though Miz with Winged Eagle is a little blech), but this one is pretty much a thing of beauty.

Daniel Bryan with WE around his waist was also pretty amazing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am going to leave this picture here with absolutely no context whatsoever. Have fun guessing (or mousing over the spoiler) where it's from!!!

Hostamania

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

DarkstarIV posted:

I am going to leave this picture here with absolutely no context whatsoever. Have fun guessing (or mousing over the spoiler) where it's from!!!

Hostamania
He's doing it all wrong. He can state his case better with a kazoo, because kazoos RULE!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

So either The Ryback is rocking a new singlet or I just didn't pay attention on RAW and if this has already been posted then oops

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's the story here? I don't remember Jindrak ever being on TV as part of Evolution, so was it just a planned thing that never materialized? Anyone know anything else about that?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That Miz belt photo is terrifying, the people who work for WWE.com are loving sick and should be ashamed of themselves for doing that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

What's the story here? I don't remember Jindrak ever being on TV as part of Evolution, so was it just a planned thing that never materialized? Anyone know anything else about that?
Evolution is a mystery.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you

Valeyard posted:

So either The Ryback is rocking a new singlet or I just didn't pay attention on RAW and if this has already been posted then oops

Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Valeyard posted:

C+ singlet. Nothing can possibly top BIG GUY / BIG TRAPS.

Hoarr
Sep 6, 2013

Tato posted:

That Miz belt photo is terrifying, the people who work for WWE.com are loving sick and should be ashamed of themselves for doing that.

The oddest part about those is that the logo is that weird redesigned classic WWF logo, the one with the F off. Why do these versions even exist -- just for this photo shoot??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Probably for the hall of fame if it ever happens. I also bet those were the versions displayed at summerslam axxess.