Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Welcome to season two of Elementary! Yes, we know that Watson is a girl, and that the show takes place in New York as opposed to jolly old England. Let's meet our characters!

Sherlock Holmes (Jonny Lee Miller) is a recovering heroin addict who moved to New York after burning all his bridges behind him in London. Joan Watson (Lucy Liu) was hired to be his sober companion, and began coming along with him on his cases as he worked as a consulting detective with the NYPD. She enjoyed puzzling out cases with him, and when her time was up she decided to quit being a sober companion and to join Sherlock full time as a detective. He is trying to teach her everything he knows, which will take quite a long time.

Captain Tobias Gregson (Aidan Quinn) tolerates Sherlock's attitude and disruptive nature because he closes cases no one else can. He also tries to look out for Joan because Sherlock is apparently very cavalier about putting her in danger.

Detective Marcus Bell (Jon Michael Hill) begins season 1 very skeptical of Holmes and his abilities but at the end of the season he trusts Holmes and Watson and works with them to solve their cases. He works alongside Capt. Gregson.

Irene Adler/Moriarty (Natalie Dormer) seduced Sherlock in London when he was getting too close to her schemes, then faked her death to be rid of him. He crumbled in the aftermath, and ended up in New York. Once he got back on his feet she continued to keep an eye on him, as she judges that his intellect is the only one close to matching her own. Still, even though he gets close to taking her down after the reveal that she's alive and oh also his nemesis, Irene is ready to skip off into the sunset, getting away with her schemes. A shattered Sherlock ODs on heroin, causing her to visit him in the hospital because she actually cares for him, only to find out that it was a trap engineered by Watson and Holmes is perfectly healthy. The NYPD are waiting to take her into custody. We have no doubt not seen the last of the mysterious Moriarty.

Alfredo Llamosa (Ato Essandoh) is Sherlock's sponsor. He used to steal cars.
Ms. Hudson (Candis Cayne) used to be a client of Sherlock's, but now stops by to satiate her OCD by rearranging his bookshelves and keeping things neat.
S2 Casting:
Mycroft Holmes (Rhys Ifans) is Sherlock's brother who lives in London
Inspector Lestrade (Sean Pertwee) used to work with Holmes in London before Sherlock got heavily into heroin.

And we can't forget Clyde, the turtletortoise.

he's an ambulance! :3:

Sherlock often encourages Joan to learn how to protect herself and anticipate danger...

Season Two Episodes:
1. Step Nine
2. Solve for X
3. We Are Everyone
4. Poison Pen
5. Ancient History
6. An Unnatural Arrangement
7. The Marchioness
8. Blood is Thicker
9. On the Line
10. Tremors
11. Internal Audit
12. The Diabolical Kind
13. All in the Family
14. ?

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Clyde's a tortoise :colbert:.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Also, didn't Moriarty actually get caught at the end of the finale because she confessed everything to Holmes after he faked his relapse/overdose and Watson caught it all on tape?

I mean, she'll obviously get out at some point because what's Holmes in the long-run without Moriarty, but right now I'm pretty sure she's in custody.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You are absolutely right! Somehow I totally forgot at out the overdose fakeout in the last episode. Shame on me. :blush: I will edit the OP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am loving psyched for this new season though ahhhhhhh!

That said, I hope we start with some more general episodes, then move back to wider arcs.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a commercial that says the first episode takes place in London. It's going to be fun.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Don't forget about Alfredo!

And possibly Ms. Hudson as she's a canon character.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a commercial that says the first episode takes place in London. It's going to be fun.

This is going to be so very good. :D

Slamhound posted:

Don't forget about Alfredo!

And possibly Ms. Hudson as she's a canon character.

I will add Alfredo and Ms. Hudson to the OP - I was going to say that I was only including regular characters, but I already put in Irene Adler so might as well just go for it. :shrug: To be honest, I was tempted to make the OP only about Clyde.

If anyone has anything else I should put into the OP (more gifs?) just let me know! It's my first TVIV thread (we aren't counting the one I made for the first season of Blue Bloods :lol: )

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
An OP featuring solely clyde would have been totally fine.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

hollylolly posted:

To be honest, I was tempted to make the OP only about Clyde.
This would have been perfectly acceptable. Nonetheless, good OP.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Really looking forward to this being back. Especially for the first episode having Rhys Ifans playing Mycroft Holmes!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I've made some Elementary gifs, you're welcome to use any in the OP if you want and I won't be offended if you use none. :) I'll also make any that anyone wants on request.

Elementary shot up to be one of my favorite shows last season, it just kept getting better and better. Can't wait for it to start again!

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

xeria posted:

I mean, she'll obviously get out at some point because what's Holmes in the long-run without Moriarty, but right now I'm pretty sure she's in custody.

59 short stories (a couple with edited passages, maybe a few more that wouldn't fit like the empty house) and four novels with one having a very slightly revised ending.

I mean, I know what you're saying, both Irene Adler and Moriarty appear in one short story each and yet have become integral to the mythos.

Psyched for season 2, I love procedurals with jerk detectives.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I was very seriously considering making this OP, so I'm glad to see it's been done so handily (Clyde :3: ).

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

MrFlibble posted:

59 short stories (a couple with edited passages, maybe a few more that wouldn't fit like the empty house) and four novels with one having a very slightly revised ending.

I mean, I know what you're saying, both Irene Adler and Moriarty appear in one short story each and yet have become integral to the mythos.

Psyched for season 2, I love procedurals with jerk detectives.

Yeah, I'm admittedly unfamiliar with the actual written works but I'd imagine one of the first things that pops to mind whenever someone thinks of Sherlock Holmes these days is Moriarty.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I want to watch this show, but it's not on Hulu Plus or Netflix. Hopefully season 1 will get thrown on Netflix when season 2 starts.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I stuck with the first season faithfully and it served me well. Love me some Lucy Liu Watson and Miller Holmes banter. I wonder, if they're going to London, who will take care of Clyde? :ohdear:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Ms Hudson, duh.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Clyde is probably in a drawer with a whole head of lettuce. :ohdear:

eta: Okay, so I can't figure out how to hide an image with the spoiler tags, but I added some characters to the OP.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 26, 2013

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's just the spoiler tags around the img tags.

code:
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/n02OPJ8.gif[/img][/spoiler]

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

VDay posted:

It's just the spoiler tags around the img tags.

code:
[spoiler][timg]http://i.imgur.com/n02OPJ8.gif[/timg][/spoiler]

Thanks - apparently it just doesn't like the [timg] tags, only worked when I changed them to [img].

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

omg Clyde in animated gif form is adorbs

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
If America were Australia, the show would be starting now GET HYPE!

Yeah, I know I'm an idiot, I'm just pumped for this show to start up again :v:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

New episode tonight!

Step Nine

Sherlock is called to London to revisit an old case, where he is forced to face his older brother, Mycroft. Although the siblings suffered a drastic falling-out a few years earlier, Mycroft allows Sherlock and Joan to stay in his new home, 221B Baker Street. With Joan in the middle, the brothers are forced to confront their very complicated history.

:neckbeard:

(I don't have PMs so I can't ask the mods to stick the thread)
Edit: it's like magic!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 26, 2013

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

hollylolly posted:

(I don't have PMs so I can't ask the mods to stick the thread)
Edit: it's like magic!

In the future, all you really need to do is post an episode description here, and one of us with PMs will ask a mod. (Though I had nothing to do with it this time.)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

thrawn527 posted:

Really looking forward to this being back. Especially for the first episode having Rhys Ifans playing Mycroft Holmes!

I totally missed this post for some reason and had completely forgotten about this. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

nWoCHRISnWo
May 4, 2009
Enjoyed season 1, not sure exactly what I'd like to see in season 2. Anyone knowledgable on Sherlock Holmes lore able to comment on any interesting potential baddies for Holmes while he waits for Moriarty to escape?

On a sidenote, there is a pub called Sherlock Holmes in downtown Edmonton, and the owners opened up a wine bar called Moriarty's right next to it.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
You’ve been tending to your self defense. Well done.

Joan Watson is amazing. :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't stop staring at this man's eyes.

He has really tiny eyes.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't stop staring at this man's eyes.

He has really tiny eyes.

Seriously. I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
A restauranteur is the secret British government? Yeah, right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, the murder weapon is a Liberator.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

thrawn527 posted:

I know he's been in a lot of stuff, but I only really remember him as being "underwear at the door guy" from Notting Hill.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Man, they sure are lucky the baddie bought his 3d printer from a shop, instead of printing it on someone's 3d printer.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Was Joan wearing a Batman shirt? :allears:

This show is brilliant and gorgeous at the same time, and I nearly missed the premiere tonight. Really nice that they took the show overseas for an episode, it's really nice and even grounding. Love it.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

inklesspen posted:

Man, they sure are lucky the baddie bought his 3d printer from a shop, instead of printing it on someone's 3d printer.

No, that's exactly what happened. The acquaintance was the one who was on the list.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Well, I thought it was just he had that guy do it for him. I don't know; with these kinds of things it seems like there would have been so many ways to not be on that list.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Goodness, I did miss the banter between Watson and Sherlock. But ha, Joan was right! That scene with Mycroft was so nicely somber and sincere. It takes a whole season to be friends with Sherlock!!

edit: hahaha oh my god the end

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 27, 2013

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I love that Mycroft blew up his stuff. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I was hoping the London stuff would be like a mini-arc, but it looks like it was just the one episode. Still hoping/assuming that Mycroft will show up here and there, Rhys Ifans was great.

• Locked thread