Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The Something Awful forums: a literal biblical plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

este posted:

FROG DOG

FROG DOG

:colbert:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Curly Shuffle posted:

This made me think about granny's comment and laugh. Praise The Lord indeed (my phone apparently autocapitalizes that by default).

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
The Lord works in Awful ways.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This really made me smile. I'm in for $25.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aww, I've never been an agent of the Lord before. It's nice.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

Curly Shuffle posted:

I really like this. The biblical irony is awesome.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ewe2 posted:

This just got posted on the facebook page:

Not bad but I like the SA frog better.

That was somethingawful.com forums poster 100Dachhunds, IIRC.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I think it's really cute that he's using his Doobie's Doghouse 'person' account, to post on his Doobie's Doghouse 'business' account, rather than just posting as the business.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never thought I would be obsessing over a hot dog stand, but here I am I suppose. Goons are awesome when they need to be. :3:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Holy Calamity! posted:

You need to remove the quotation from the link if you click it but here's a little pdf explaining that particular bit;

Ah, thank you for the lesson and the link to netbiblestudy.com

PTL for dawgs.

PS - Mom's message was pretty cool. She's wrapped up in KS and Frogout as a likely 70 yr old.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Even if the shop closes in a year due to a lack of traffic or customers, we at least gave this guy a shot at his dream.

Kudos to Noni, when I read his post the other night I couldn't help but be affected.

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Creeperssssss gonna creep

SoundMonkey posted:

I did say that the $100 and $500 contributors probably actually do want their rewards though.

Well, you tell him I have no interest in my rewards, the only thing I want to see is a drat good hot dog house. :)

Seriously, I'm not going to make it out to be some romantic thing. I was chilling at my friend's place, having a few beers. I saw the thread and thought, "You know, I just got done with my current job in preparation for my next job, I have no immediate expenses and 2 weeks of vacation time cashed out, I want this fucker to get his hot dog restaurant."

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I can only chip in a little, but :10bux: more for the cause. And I put the word out on Facebook - let's see how high we can push this guy's dream.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Does being an agent of the Lord confer +resistance to holy type damage?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Did someone say Frogdog? Because you can just

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
drat that looks good.

:getin:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thanks, now I have to go to the store and buy hot dogs.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Bad Munki posted:

Did someone say Frogdog? Because you can just

Imagine the logistics...

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

"Doobie“ posted:

I got my nick name Doobie when I was a toddler watching Romper Room.. I was a good little Doobie.. Lol..so the name stuck.. And I thought it would be a unique business name

I love this guy.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I donated and asked him to give my free hot dog to a stranger. Spread the love.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Pledging now to throw in :10bux: by this weekend, first I have to get paid and cover bills first. I wonder what he and his wife are thinking when they look at the kickstarter and see, at this point, that they are $2,000 over what they were aiming for.

FROG DOG?!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Holy Calamity! posted:

Imagine the logistics...

As a one-off, it was a hassle: 14awg copper wire I had lying around bent into various shapes and then heated over a torch and applied a couple times for each letter to get it to really show up.

En masse? A custom-made one-piece brand left on a bed of charcoal would make it add just a few seconds per dog. :v:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

The Walking Dad posted:

Kudos to Noni, when I read his post the other night I couldn't help but be affected.

Agreed Noni deserves a lot of credit for this for his incredible words.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

este posted:

FROG DOG

Someone kindly jam this down into an avatar for me please.

e: Facing the other way.

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002

doobie posted:

the last challenge is wastewater hook up.. I have'nt found the existing sewer main on the property yet, but I know its there

I have to give him money. I know he doesn't really talk like a fictional private eye, but I know its there.

Also, anyone who can make rent and lives in a place where everyone can find a sewer main--toss the guy a few more regardless how much he has. I mean, seriously, he's so decent and humble he's practically a kid's book.

I think what I like about him most is that he's so damned optimistic, all while putting everything he can at hotdogs while living in a shanty town. It is ridiculous and I'm genuinely disappointed that there will be some people who will get starbucks tomorrow instead of giving it to a guy who would actually do something useful with $5.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

FAN OF NICKELBACK posted:

I have to give him money. I know he doesn't really talk like a fictional private eye, but I know its there.

Also, anyone who can make rent and lives in a place where everyone can find a sewer main--toss the guy a few more regardless how much he has. I mean, seriously, he's so decent and humble he's practically a kid's book.

I think what I like about him most is that he's so damned optimistic, all while putting everything he can at hotdogs while living in a shanty town. It is ridiculous and I'm genuinely disappointed that there will be some people who will get starbucks tomorrow instead of giving it to a guy who would actually do something useful with $5.

Dame walks in like a frog dog, red as homemade chili and twice as spicy.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
From the FAQ, responding the question "What happens if you don't get funded?"

WAYNE posted:

if i'm not funded then not one single person will have there credit cards charged by amazon..but lets not think that way,thats to scarey, so, say i do reach my goal. of $6000.. then the amount that you so graciously pledged will be deducted from the source you provided and i will then receive that amount...

Everything I read not only tells me he honestly seems like a good man, but also that he's honest-to-God putting his hopes and dreams in a hot dog bun, so to speak.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

As if Wayne wasn't awesome enough already. Callin out the haters.

If we hit 10k I'll double my measly $5. I really hope we do because the bump that will happen when we all double up will be awesome to watch.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

Thank you Alex...thank you everyone in the past couple hrs for your support.. I'm trying to answer everyone when I can .. On a weird note.. I must be popular on the internet now or something.. People I know are calling saying everywhere they turn it's something about Doobie's dog house.. So popular that They got a web site Now on there that is calling my project a scam .. How cool is that? I got haters!!! I love it[/b]

Anyone know what Wayne is talking about here? He just put it into the comments.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

anyone know what Wayne is talking about here? he just put it into the comments.

http://mishkafaulken.com/2013/09/04/kickstarter-scams-doobies-dog-house/

E: I saw that awhile ago but didn't want to link it and drive up its traffic or anything, it seems to reference this site and some of the threads here a few times, so I have no idea wtf is going on.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Conquistador posted:

E: I saw that awhile ago but didn't want to link it and drive up its traffic or anything, it seems to reference this site and some of the threads here a few times, so I have no idea wtf is going on.

Noyemi is a goon and apologizes in the comments. :)

TX297
Nov 7, 2005

IM A HUGE FAGGOT WHO STEALS BYOB AVATARS.

angerbot posted:

Someone kindly jam this down into an avatar for me please.

e: Facing the other way.

125x125 png on transparent background ok?
E: Yeeeaaahh, that's the stuff

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Conquistador posted:

If you look at the main site, there's an updated article.

It seems the blog writer had a change of heart as well. Yay!

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Creeperssssss gonna creep

Gaspy Conana posted:

Noyemi is a goon and apologizes in the comments. :)

Is Noyemi incapable of deleting a blog post? Seriously, the gently caress?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Passed up an actual (terrible excuse for a) hotdog in favour of putting another :10bux: in the pot.

Shine on you crazy diamond hotdog vendor.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
:10bux: pledged for Team Frogout.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let's just hope that our man is no Ignatius Reilly and instead we help the man live his dream.

Threw :10bux: into the kickstarter.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TX297 posted:

125x125 png on transparent background ok?
E: Yeeeaaahh, that's the stuff

That is amazing. :allears:

Donated my :10bux: because why not. Maybe he'll get enough to open two hotdog stands. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!

FAN OF NICKELBACK posted:

I mean, seriously, he's so decent and humble he's practically a kid's book.

The kid's book has already shown himself more mature than a sizeable chunk of goondom by not emotionally imploding at the first sign of someone calling his effort or intentions into question!

Noni posted:

It seems the blog writer had a change of heart as well. Yay!

I can see why people may be asking him if it's a scam or mention it, right now if you Google Doobie's Dog House (say if you were trying to find out if it's legit or why it's making so much money), the 6th result is "Kickstarter Scams: Doobie's Dog House | Noyemi K". This thread is on the second page of results. Not surprising, the first responses to his KS in the Awful KS thread mirrored the sentiment of the original blog post. The criticisms are fairly valid; however, information is all about the context. Noni put the same information in a new context by adding more background and some emotion people can connect to and identify with.

EDIT:

Was wondering what kind of income Wayne had right now and/or how he was getting the initial funding for this shop. I saw this on the hotdogprofits site in his thread:

Also extra :3: at people here posting congratulations to him and responding to a troll on the hotdogprofits Doobie thread.

ChubbyPitbull fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 27, 2013

• Locked thread