Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I vote for saying no thank you and getting on our way immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am in #madgod on mibbit, but no one is there. What have I done wrong? (The list is long and I am only interested in the IRV at the moment.)

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In order for a contract to exist there must be offer, acceptance, consideration, and intent to create legal relations. There was certainly no intent on our part to create legal relations when we stumbled across this guy, whatever he may be able to argue on the other points. If there's no contract then neither of us owes the other anything.

He claims that this is his land but there is no boundary marking it as such, does he have any legal documents to back up the contention that the land is his? (if he doesn't then say the following) "I Enkidu of Zepath, being sound of mind and body, and in the presence of witnesses do claim this land in the name of His royal majesty King Tudiya of Zepath, for the glory of El, our lord and master. In accordance with the universal law of finders keepers I name this land Enkidustan. El be praised." All this dude has is his own authority, and he never really officially staked a claim. We can invoke royal authority, which is itself derived from divine authority.

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 29, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Sogol posted:

I am in #madgod on mibbit, but no one is there. What have I done wrong? (The list is long and I am only interested in the IRV at the moment.)

You need to get on the right network, look for the one called synirc.net. By default, mibbit sends you to the mibbit server. Click on the box which says Mibbit [Webirc] and change it to synirc.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Can you say your name backwards?

About the goats, surely you kid right? Ram-ing such jokes down my throat is a bit mean.

If we went to get a goat, skined it, and made a hat out of its horns, and then put all of that on Snarls to make him look more like a goat, would that be worth more to you? How about if I put on the costume?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The sun is high, it is hot and water, far away, there is not even any shade available to you.

In response to Azazel you...

A. Give him your beloved dog, in exchange for wonderful food, drink, a gem encrusted robe and the "song sof Xephaim" for a month! Party on!

B. Accept his offer to teach you divine secrets and/or magic in exchange for your mother, your wife, your daughter and one of your balls.

C. Decline his offers and walk away towards the treeline. It is probably two or three days away and Snarls seems certain it is the closest source of water. It is probably not close enough, even if you are ridiculously stubborn and seem pretty tough, your dog is not. Snarls probably won't make it.

D. Beg for help for you.

E. Beg for help for Snarls.

F. Bargain something of great value in the future to help you.

G. Bargain something of great value in the future to help Snarls.

H. Attack him!

I. Something else. Fill in.

Voting ends either tonight if there is a consensus of some sort on what to do next and if not, tomorrow.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 29, 2013

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C later douchebag.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
C. Just walk away and ignore him. Run harder if he follows us. Once he is out of sight, try to make a shelter and wait until nightfall, then keep walking until you find water.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Why do you deny that El has dominion over you?

E: Azzazel, your deal is a non starter for us. You could offer us the entire world and the dominion over it, and I would not accept it. Enjoy your land, if you could point us to where it ends I think Snarls and I should be on our way. El be with you.

Changed vote! see below.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 30, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Diogines posted:

What is best in life?

"My land and goats! Their dainty hoofsi woofsies, their cute little noses and the heart shattering grief of loss and sorrow, of course!"

This thing thinks that "heart shattering" is the best thing in life. Thank him. Very, very politely lest he casually smite us, and move on. We don't want anything more to do with him and he hasn't, quite, done enough to warrant killing. Not that we could kill him anyways.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 29, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I- The Test propose a test in which he freely gives us the knife, robe and gourd for the duration (as detailed above). Then leave. The test of whether we could have killed him lasts the rest of our lives or his existence, during which we remain in possession of said artifacts.

Detail of negotiating strategy and progression. Everything before the test is more or less posturing.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=238#post419977586

Sogol fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 29, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Sogol posted:

I propose a test in which he freely gives us the knife, robe and gourd for the duration (as detailed above). Then leave. The test of whether we could have killed him lasts the rest of our lives or his existence, during which we remain in possession of said artifacts.

Add in that if he wants to keep negotiating with us then he has to provide shade. If he refuses to make shade then we walk without saying anything.

Basscop fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 29, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Updated to Basscop:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

E: Azzazel, your deal is a non starter for us. You could offer us the entire world and the dominion over it, and I would not accept it. Enjoy your land, if you could point us to where it ends I think Snarls and I should be on our way. El be with you.

I vote this

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

You know what. C is pretty solid choice, but since Diog is stressing that Snarls will probably die without help now, there's another option.

We will offer ourselves, Enkidel, until the next sunrise and will not resist anything done to ourselves but will not hurt others during this period. In exchange, Azzazel will protect, feed, and water Snarls until Snarls safely returns home to our room in Zepath. Let's be big drat sacrificial heroes.

removed my earlier vote for C

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 29, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If we offer ourselves we may as well offer a pinky.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Azazel, Labaras surely had no connection or attachment to some random goat. Why would you have wanted it? Is it because, in this wasteland, literally anything is better than the nothing you have?

Are you lonely or bitter?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Forget my votes. I don't know what to do. My idea is still below:

Barter to lend him Snarls--not give--in exchange for the bottle and knife. If he won't give us the stuff, then freely lend him Snarls. He can return Snarls by leaving Snarls at the edge of the forest. Thank him and depart for the forest immediately, which is outside his domain (wastes and deserts).

This is the only way I could think of keeping Snarls alive and getting him back.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 29, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

LLSix posted:

You know what. C is pretty solid choice, but since Diog is stressing that Snarls will probably die without help now, there's another option.

We will offer ourselves, Enkidel, until the next sunrise and will not resist anything done to ourselves but will not hurt others during this period. In exchange, Azzazel will protect, feed, and water Snarls until Snarls safely returns home to our room in Zepath. Let's be big drat sacrificial heroes.

Bolded what I wanted to respond to. Yes, Snarls needs help, but I don't trust anything this being promises or offers. Let's leave and pray to El for help instead.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I offer to personally save Snarls if one of you makes decent fanart of Enkidel's conversation with Zaz. I am as trustworthy as Azzazzel AND I'm offering to save Snarls at a much more affordable price.

I didn't offer any proof of my ability to do that, but come on, do you really think I'd do something as abominable as not fulfilling my promise, once I get what I need from you?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

B. Accept his offer to teach you divine secrets and/or magic in exchange for your mother, your wife, your daughter and one of your eyes.

He specified one of our balls in the last post so either a typo there or a typo here :v:

B Time to ditch the Mom I've never liked and go gay. Magic up!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

LLSix posted:

This looks like an interesting choice.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Nettle Soup posted:

This looks like an interesting choice.

This is baaaaaaaaad. A very, very bad idea. Offer him NOTHING! Ever.

Edit: vote for I- the test! It is low risk and we can implement Plan C as the day cools if it fails. Claim we could have killed him. Challenge him to test this. Set the conditions.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sogol posted:

This is baaaaaaaaad. A very, very bad idea. Offer him NOTHING! Ever.

Ayup. Particularly with the 'anything' clause. He has no power over us but the power we give to him.

Walk away and don't look back. Pray to El for guidance and do everything in your power to help Snarls make it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

"I admit nothing, deny everything and insinuate all that is between!"

Disargeria posted:

Azazel, Labaras surely had no connection or attachment to some random goat. Why would you have wanted it? Is it because, in this wasteland, literally anything is better than the nothing you have?
"Because he loved his precious little goat so much!"

Disargeria posted:

Are you lonely or bitter?
"Neither!"

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Just pick up Snarls and walk to the treeline. That should help keep him alive.

Also punch him in the dick. Anyone with a plan or contingency of tricking or being cruel to Azzazel has my support.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Diogines posted:

"Because he loved his precious little goat so much!"

Did he give you the goat?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting C: Walk away toward the treeline, just like we did in the Sharkdad dream/vision.

As far as Snarls goes, we can try and carry him. The sandals make it so we won't get tired from walking, even if do we need to take breaks from carrying now and then.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Az, what did he name the goat?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

C. El will provide!

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Who are the Xephanim?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I still want to know if we can have the gourd.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
C no tricks or deals. We'll do it on our own, thanks.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

We are on our own here.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Azzazel you claim dominion over forsaken places such as this little patch of land? Very well I accept your claim and also the offer of hospitality, freely given, that neccessarily goes with such a claim.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Don't try to be too clever for your own good.

C

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I: Plan Sogol.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
But we are clever. This is what we trained for, far more than bushcraft or bashing things. We oughta at least take a shot at making good here and The Test plan is very low risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoceros
Nov 16, 2008
Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will.
Voting .