Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't actively try to get my pets to drink or do anything. I agree with how hosed it can be. If they really try to get in my beer, I might give them a taste.

If you're busy talking to someone and have a Miller Lite in your hand within reach, Buddy will sneak up and knock it out of your hand so he can start licking it up as it pours out. If you offer him a Miller Lite he will drink as much as you give him.

The funny thing is this only happens with Miller Lite. I've poured foofy beers in his bowl before and he'll take one swipe at it then walk away.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
dogges

different dogge: http://imgur.com/gallery/lNS7y

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

My friend's pug reminds me of Samuel Jackson in Django.

Kind of.

Deicide
Mar 22, 2004
Oh. How quaint.
My afghan dags.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Omg

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

If we're gonna do puppies with parents, its time to post bulldogges.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

aaaaaaah holy poo poo

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Good dogges

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/patricia-ritz-animal-abuser-eaten-dogs_n_3991508.html

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
bitch got owned by some bitches

aw drat i just read the article and they didn't eat her a live :(

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
This link is why dogs are the best, but very sad

you have been warned

Spends his entire life helping his owner, dies saving the life of the owner's son. You really can't possibly ask for more than that

Good Dog.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I don't quite understand the order of events in that story. Did the driver come back around for a second pass or something?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I don't quite understand the order of events in that story. Did the driver come back around for a second pass or something?

I assume there was another car oncoming in the next lane and the dog pushed him clear of that one

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Okay that makes more sense.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Met this guy today

He's an English Mastiff. loving gigantic dog. The picture doesn't show just how huge this dog was.

The owner tried having him balance a treat on his nose but he was too impatient and couldn't sit still. :3:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

My ex's parents dog was a 150lb Bull Mastiff and he was absolutely wonderful. I miss him way more than her! He was a Good Dogge

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Met this guy today

He's an English Mastiff. loving gigantic dog. The picture doesn't show just how huge this dog was.

The owner tried having him balance a treat on his nose but he was too impatient and couldn't sit still. :3:

I once house-sat for a former Navy officer and his wife who owned three dogs. One was a feral mutt they had rescued as a puppy when they lived in India and he was still really skittish and pretty much refused to get near me. The other was a champion-pedigree Doberman who was very formal, coming up to me every so often for a few calm pets and then going about her business.

The other was a Bull Mastiff who was the friendliest dog I've ever met in my life and pretty much instantly started slobbering on me and leaning up against me with his head the size of my torso. :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Met this guy today

Man that's like the world biggest Pug.
Wanna hug get hugged by that dog.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I did an install years back for a guy who had one. Gigantic as poo poo, but a total sweetheart. He said it was a puppy his girlfriend bought while he was out of town, then she dumped him two weeks later when he came back and stuck him with the puppy. He had no idea about the massive size to come. He just ate, and ate, and ate.....

That credit card commercial they air where the couple is buying pallets of food for their mastiff makes me think of the guy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_v-idIcj4

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I love giant dogs because they're just loving dogs that happen to be huge and half the time they have no idea of their size or how to control it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The worst part about big dogs is you get at most 9 years out of them before their hearts explode :(

Family that lives across from my mom got a great dane and it's 6 years old now but has gone grey and has lots of health problems :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

The worst part about big dogs is you get at most 9 years out of them before their hearts explode :(

Family that lives across from my mom got a great dane and it's 6 years old now but has gone grey and has lots of health problems :(

If you get a big mix they tend to do better.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

All dogges are immortal in my heart because no matter how small, big, their race, if they are a mutt or a mix, dead or alive are will always forever be good dogges.

:unsmith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

I love giant dogs because they're just loving dogs that happen to be huge and half the time they have no idea of their size or how to control it.

My brother's dog is 100 lbs and will always try to cuddle in your lap if you let him.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Some dogs are just over-bred. My friend's pug has all sorts of issues. He gets allergies so bad, his back legs pretty much stop working at random. His front legs aren't much better. He does this weird half-rear end goosestep trot when he walks. When he's standing still, he points his feet apart to keep his legs from giving out.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Some tiny black terrier came running through the neighborhood. It's in heat and it's driving Buddy loving bananas so I have to keep him inside and listen to him whine. Sorry big guy, you'd kill that little doggie :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Post dog park.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

My sister posted this yesterday :kimchi:

Bruno is such a good dogge.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Vasudus posted:

Some dogs do go grey very early. Bella started going around 3. Every so often if I'm outside and look at her, all I see is the white outline of her muzzle through the window :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

bam u dead

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nupfxo2ihQc&t=81s

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

ElMaligno posted:

bam u dead

that's a hell of a flourish

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

bam u dead

I need to learn how to teach my dog to do this.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
From the Atlantic's In Focus: Animals in the News (TW: dead Syrian dogges)

EDIT: oh my god

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 30, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Why does such a genetically disastrous dog have to be so cute? :(

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Rude. posted:

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A little black pug tried to start some poo poo with Logan while we were on a walk today. From across the street. And darting behind a bush to hide every few seconds. The owner was laughing his rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I used to have a pug years ago. My ex still has her. She still (the pug) owns.