Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

LeafyOrb posted:

One of these things is not like the other and is considerably more buff.

Mikasa? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really love the foreshadowing in the anime about Reiner, like the drill instructor thinking to himself "Reiner is TOUGH and STURDY and GUTSY and HE LOOKS LIKE HE COULD SMASH RIGHT THROUGH A GIANT WALL"

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

my dad posted:

Near the beginning of the thread. I'd guess around page 15 or so.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
2 thoughts:

1) We're physically quite close to Shigashima, aren't we? Could we be mere chapters away from The Basement?

2) Just what did Mikasa's biological mother implant into her right forearm?

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Phobophilia posted:

The coordinate :getin:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Phobophilia posted:

The combination to the safe in the basement containing the elixir that can cure titanism.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I really don't get all the bitching about how they handled the Wall Titan reveal. It seemed really obvious to me that they just stuck it in there as a quick "wait what the gently caress is that" to get people hyped for the second season and that they're going to do the reveal "properly" with all of its story consequences in said second season.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
If she uses the numbers in a lottery, she'll win big, but it'll cause mysterious disasters to befall everyone she holds dear.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

What is the schedule for manga releases? It seems like it's been at the same point for a while now while the anime airs.

Oh wait it's monthly, that explains a lot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Democratic Pirate posted:

What is the schedule for manga releases? It seems like it's been at the same point for a while now while the anime airs.

Oh wait it's monthly, that explains a lot.

Around the 6th of every month

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

2 thoughts:

1) We're physically quite close to Shigashima, aren't we? Could we be mere chapters away from The Basement?

Let's be honest, The Basement is said to hold the key to all the mysteries so I think that it'll be near the end of the manga when we make it there. Isayama is aiming to complete the series in 20 volumes, which would be about 100 chapters. We're gonna be at Chapter 50 on the 7th.

I think that Mikasa got a titan shot. Mikasa purposefully wears long sleeves so you can't see her wrists, but more than a few times her wrists have been exposed and there is nothing there. Which is either a goof or it probably wasn't a tattoo she got. Her mother doesn't have a tattoo on her wrists after all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hah, re-reading Chapter 34 and at the very end when the they show the titans that "breached" Wall Rose you can see that Sasquatch is the last one in the back. Or at least I think that's him with the extra long arms.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 30, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

If the walls for keeping away Titans are themselves made of Titans, then what must walls for keeping away anime viewers be made of?

Other anime viewers, for not have read the manga first like a smart person, obviously.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Let's be honest, The Basement is said to hold the key to all the mysteries so I think that it'll be near the end of the manga when we make it there. Isayama is aiming to complete the series in 20 volumes, which would be about 100 chapters. We're gonna be at Chapter 50 on the 7th.

I think that Mikasa got a titan shot. Mikasa purposefully wears long sleeves so you can't see her wrists, but more than a few times her wrists have been exposed and there is nothing there. Which is either a goof or it probably wasn't a tattoo she got. Her mother doesn't have a tattoo on her wrists after all.

The Basement is said to hold the key to all the mysteries so obviously they'll get there at great expense and it will be nothing. :getin:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

In the basement is a preview of Isayama's next manga.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
That monkey Titan is basically the baddest motherfucker around and I can't wait until he starts wrecking poo poo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Geek U.S.A. posted:

That monkey Titan is basically the baddest motherfucker around and I can't wait until he starts wrecking poo poo.

It'll be on like Donkey Kong.

No weak point on his nape, you need to lead him up a huge scaffolding and have it collapse.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Then you get to the end and he starts throwing barrels at you.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Blades have no effect on his coarse, furred body, so Recon is forced to use special hammers to beat him senseless.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Level Slide posted:

In the basement is a preview of Isayama's next manga.

Isayama needs to do a fake preview of the basement, like, yesterday.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They should open the basement only to find a teeny tiny little city surrounded by walls. They initially think it's a model, but upon close inspection, it's filled with tiny tiny little people barely even a millimeter tall. They are being beset by titans no larger than a centimeter tall. As they lean in in horror, one of the tiny people points up and says: "Up in the sky! Look there! Isn't that Eren and Mikasa, from the Recon Corps?!"

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

DrSunshine posted:

They should open the basement only to find a teeny tiny little city surrounded by walls. They initially think it's a model, but upon close inspection, it's filled with tiny tiny little people barely even a millimeter tall. They are being beset by titans no larger than a centimeter tall. As they lean in in horror, one of the tiny people points up and says: "Up in the sky! Look there! Isn't that Eren and Mikasa, from the Recon Corps?!"

Oh god it would be like the Napoleon level in Psychonauts :cry:

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

HoneyBoy posted:

In an episode where most everything was animated really well that last bit looked kinda poo poo. It went from a static image of cracked rock to some really lazy crumbling debris paired with hokey guitar chord, it made me chuckle a bit and I had to rewind just to see what exactly it was.
Yeah, that and the angle made it look like the Colossal Titan just standing behind the wall, looking super bored. Throw in the chord and I laughed pretty hard.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah, the anime last episode sucked. The fight started good, but they messed it up by the end.

The reveal was done in the most silly way and instead having that very important scene where the cleric is questioned, he had a boring trial on a table that added nothing.

Overall, the anime as been very.. irregular. Some episodes were quite good, some were quite bad.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, the anime last episode sucked. The fight started good, but they messed it up by the end.

The reveal was done in the most silly way and instead having that very important scene where the cleric is questioned, he had a boring trial on a table that added nothing.

Overall, the anime as been very.. irregular. Some episodes were quite good, some were quite bad.

Eren going crazy and chasing down Annie with one leg was awesome. The look of terror on her face was hilarious.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Is Eren's beserkerish mode going to be an anime only thing?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

1karus posted:

Is Eren's beserkerish mode going to be an anime only thing?

Is so far, and to be honest seems pretty "anime" to me; I don't know why the author would need to adapt it to the manga, especially given how far past that scene we are. If superheated rage titan beats armor, he wouldn't have needed to mix up his moves to beat the armored titan when that whole thing happened. He was winning that fight because he gained more control and fought smart, was pulling armored titan's head right off after getting him into a submission grapple; those are not traits I associate inherently with going all :ssj:, but in the anime it made more sense as a kind of foil to Annie's calm, collected demeanor.

As an aside - apparently some anime viewers think her skin hardening is actually ice-related, which I don't really understand except that it's blue and she's "cold" as a person. To those viewers I guess it's the perfect opposite, but the anime hasn't dealt with Eren fighting any other non-roaming titans yet, so...

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I really hope that when they eventually make the next season they redo the Wall Titan thing, and actually get everyone in the Survey Corp's "Oh gently caress" reactios, and Hanji interrogating Pastor Nick. They can't do it immediately after the fight with Annie, so it could still be moved up a few hours to that night or the next morning or whatever. The post-credits stinger this one had could just be a little teaser thing which doesn't actually reflect how it happened.

It could be kind of like the female robber's "I'LL KILL EVERY LAST FUKKEN ONE OF YA" in Pulp Fiction. We see it both in the first and last scenes, but each time the wordng is slightly different.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I really hope that when they eventually make the next season they redo the Wall Titan thing, and actually get everyone in the Survey Corp's "Oh gently caress" reactios, and Hanji interrogating Pastor Nick. They can't do it immediately after the fight with Annie, so it could still be moved up a few hours to that night or the next morning or whatever. The post-credits stinger this one had could just be a little teaser thing which doesn't actually reflect how it happened.

That's how I was interpreting the wall reveal to be, where they didn't want to open the can of worms with the Pastor Nick, Batman-style interrogation with Hanji scene just yet and wanted to time the view of the titan with the end of the full version of the ED song. My guess is that season 2's first episode will begin with half the episode being a recap of the world's setting and the events leading up to Annie's defeat, and right after they re-show Irwin declaring he'll track down all the titans "within the walls," they'll cut straight to the first newly-animated scene of Hanji telling Mikasa it's dangerous to stay on the wall when pieces of it are falling down. The rest of the episode is the reveal, Hanji interrogating Pastor Nick, then ends with Pastor Nick telling Hanji to throw him off the wall and she's struggling about whether or not to call his bluff.

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?

Phobophilia posted:

She got her family symbol branded/carved into her wrist. In the anime, she learns her family's embroidery technique. No idea why they changed it. Too graphic for a show where people get eaten by giant naked people zombies?

Also, thanks for reminding me of one of the most heartbreaking moments in the series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really want Eren to actually out and out win a fight conclusively in the manga. I completely get why he's lost every one since Trost, but I still wish he'd win a single one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

I really want Eren to actually out and out win a fight conclusively in the manga. I completely get why he's lost every one since Trost, but I still wish he'd win a single one.

Well, Chuckles did just show up.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well it was two on one, he did pretty well for himself.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Bisensual posted:

She got her family symbol branded/carved into her wrist. In the anime, she learns her family's embroidery technique. No idea why they changed it. Too graphic for a show where people get eaten by giant naked people zombies?
So they wouldn't have to animate it, maybe? This was one of the more bizarre changes, if that brand was supposed to be at all significant.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheKingofSprings posted:

He would've won against Reiner if Bert hadn't interrupted them.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It's Mikasa and Armin's fault. They should have defeated Bert with the power of Armin's plans.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

He would've won against Reiner if Bert hadn't interrupted them.
Didn't he have Mikasa's help with that, in hitting Reiner's armor's weak spots? Because if Mikasa can help, Bert can too. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey, Mikasa's not a 50m hunk of meat... yet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Hey, Mikasa's not a 50m hunk of meat... yet.

Honestly she's top of the class and the only one not a titan in a top 5 class full of titans.

What I'm saying here is she's a titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly she's top of the class and the only one not a titan in a top 5 class full of titans.

What I'm saying here is she's a titan.

Everyone is a titan. The wall is titans. The world is a titan. It's titans all the way down.