Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zaggitz posted:

I recognized him immediately as well, felt so weird having him in such a tiny cameo after playing like 20 hours as him.

Clearly he and Fusco need to become Scooter Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny because watching the episode I thought that guy looked a lot like Trevor.

The guy who voices Michael is going to be on Sunday's Boardwalk Empire.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
e: wrong thread!

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I also think of all the characters, Fusco has the best character arc, going from crooked cop to reformed cop trying to take down the corrupt element within the force. Every episode and moment where he has to deal with his past self has been great, and you really feel for the guy just trying to do the right thing for the first time in his life.

I actually thought the Root scenes were boring at first, but I trusted the writers to have a payoff for them in the end and holy hell did they :stare:

Fusco is the best because he is the most human. He's just a regular guy who was in a lovely situation but now has been given the opportunity to do the right thing. He doesn't have any 'super powers' like the rest of the gang but he's resourceful and gets the job done using what limited skills he does have.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

Fusco is the best because he is the most human. He's just a regular guy who was in a lovely situation but now has been given the opportunity to do the right thing. He doesn't have any 'super powers' like the rest of the gang but he's resourceful and gets the job done using what limited skills he does have.

Yes - you've put your finger on it. Carter is ex-military, Reese is ex-cia, Finch is a super genius, Bear is a trained attack dog and Fusco is a (probably below)average cop. It's like hes playing D&D with a bunch of power gaming munchkins and he just dumped all his stat points into loyalty and sarcasm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My only problem with Fusco is that he's becoming a little too much of a joke character sometimes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MrFlibble posted:

Yes - you've put your finger on it. Carter is ex-military, Reese is ex-cia, Finch is a super genius, Bear is a trained attack dog and Fusco is a (probably below)average cop. It's like hes playing D&D with a bunch of power gaming munchkins and he just dumped all his stat points into loyalty and sarcasm.

Actually it's revealed during the mini arc where Reese tasks Fusco with staking Finch out that Lionel is actually a really good detective with a knack for digging up a lot of info if it's required. He's just a man who best exemplifies the shows major theme of people redeeming themselves for their mistakes.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

My only problem with Fusco is that he's becoming a little too much of a joke character sometimes.

I expect there'll be some dramatic Fusco scenes with regards to whatever Carter has planned for HR - She's obviously not talking to Reese and Finch about it at the moment and theres still the unresolved drama from when she helped Bear move the body for him.

Zaggitz posted:

Actually it's revealed during the mini arc where Reese tasks Fusco with staking Finch out that Lionel is actually a really good detective with a knack for digging up a lot of info if it's required. He's just a man who best exemplifies the shows major theme of people redeeming themselves for their mistakes.

Ah yeah, you're right. But he's not in the same league as the rest of the crew though, so my D&D point stands.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

He goes back and forth. Towards the end of last season, he had to handle his personal business by himself. He's a joke character when associating with the rest of the team, but on his own his stories are pretty loving depressing which makes the buffoonish comic relief even more depressing. Of all the characters, he's the most alone and least in control.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I really hope Lionel will finally be okay sometime this season, assuming Carter's upcoming war with HR pans out well. We are kinda seeing the result of them being thrown to the wolves and asked to fend for themselves last season when the Machine wasn't spitting out numbers and Reese and Finch just couldn't allocate any time for them.

I'm kind of hoping there's at least a scene to acknowledge how hosed up things got because of that, so they can get it all behind them and go back to how they were before.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zaggitz posted:

I really hope Lionel will finally be okay sometime this season, assuming Carter's upcoming war with HR pans out well. We are kinda seeing the result of them being thrown to the wolves and asked to fend for themselves last season when the Machine wasn't spitting out numbers and Reese and Finch just couldn't allocate any time for them.

Isn't Carter in a worse place at the moment? Fusco has got to be feeling better about himself now that hes taken down the majority of HR and got a part time gig being a hero. Carter meanwhile has concealed a crime boss with plans on taking down a shadowy mastermind.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fusco still has HR on him for the corrupt IA cop Reese killed. Carter was on that case but with her demotion it could come up again. Carter DOES have it worse at the moment, but it's pretty clear she's not taking it lying down.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

Isn't Carter in a worse place at the moment? Fusco has got to be feeling better about himself now that hes taken down the majority of HR and got a part time gig being a hero. Carter meanwhile has concealed a crime boss with plans on taking down a shadowy mastermind.
I'd say yes, but Carter's deal is that she's Big Picture with Big Goals. Fusco deal is that he's a schmuck trying to hold together a crummy life. Reese and Finch have always viewed Carter as an asset and Fusco as a liability. Despite her lows, Carter has always had a brighter future.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also, I'd say some of Fusco's finest comedy moments have been related to how competent he is at faking people out, making them THINK he ain't worth the effort or won't actually be much trouble.

Hell, the best(and funniest) Fusco moment comes from him being a total bad rear end motherfucker when tasked with helping a PoI on his own.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I think to some extent Carter is keeping her head down so HR won't see her coming - telling Fusco she's just hoping to get in her 20 years of service and so on.

I would like to see Fusco get a reasonably happy ending if only because I felt so genuinely bad for him that time he told Reese how much he was enjoying being a clean cop again and Reese/Finch explained he had to get dirty again.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Reese wins the best line of the episode. "I'm a very private person."

Ha, ha.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Shaw's an admitted sociopath right? I'm surprised she's actually agreeing not to kill. It must be a pain in the rear end for her.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

LorneReams posted:

Shaw's an admitted sociopath right? I'm surprised she's actually agreeing not to kill. It must be a pain in the rear end for her.
I'm sure she's making the best of it. Still seems like she's having fun.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

evenworse username posted:

I think to some extent Carter is keeping her head down so HR won't see her coming - telling Fusco she's just hoping to get in her 20 years of service and so on.

I would like to see Fusco get a reasonably happy ending if only because I felt so genuinely bad for him that time he told Reese how much he was enjoying being a clean cop again and Reese/Finch explained he had to get dirty again.

I do not know it seems that Carter is getting closer and closer to being like Reese/Finch and having to go off the grid, while Fusco seems to have a life and not going to end up like them.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I am really liking Shaw. She's like Fiona from Burn Notice done right.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

LorneReams posted:

Right from her introduction they showed her not killing unnecessarily. She chose saving a cop in germany over capturing her target to get information out of him and she let one of the drug dealers she hid out with after being shot live. She was in med school to be a doctor before joining the marines too so she clearly wants to help people.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I suppose it can come back to that argument how how a sociopath raised properly will likely become a doctor due to his ability to disconnect from any sense of empathy when dealing with sick or dying people, whereas one without a proper upbringing will just become a straight killer most of the time.

I do look forward to see what exactly caused Shaw to change paths and go the military route.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

I suppose it can come back to that argument how how a sociopath raised properly will likely become a doctor due to his ability to disconnect from any sense of empathy when dealing with sick or dying people, whereas one without a proper upbringing will just become a straight killer most of the time.

I do look forward to see what exactly caused Shaw to change paths and go the military route.

It was either join the military or become a lumberjack.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

It was either join the military or become a lumberjack.

:iceburn:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Well the arbitration gig didn't work out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:Tonight's episode:siren:: Nothing to Hide

Synopsis: The number comes up for an Internet entrepreneur in the business of eliminating people's privacy, but finds his own being rapidly stripped away. As his life spirals out of control, Reese tries to protect him while Finch calls on Shaw, Carter and Fusco for help finding whoever is after him. Meanwhile, Carter finds herself unexpectedly paired with new rookie partner, Mike Laskey.

Preview

Sneak Peek

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Aw goddammit, with a description like that I thought it would be McPoyle time again. The world needs more Jimmi Simpson, dammit.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if we are going to get any Leon appearances this season?

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if we are going to get any Leon appearances this season?

Although the main cast has expanded considerably I think odds are very high we'll see him again this season. He shows up a lot for someone who could have just been a one-off character.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I would love more Leon episodes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

No word on Leon yet but _____Zoe is definitely in next week's episode.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
According to the info in the OP Ken Leung is starting a new series this season so that might get in the way but I'd totally be down for more Leon.

Also yes, more Zoe, excellent.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Double post but okay, that's a pretty great opening. Shaw following Finch around just like Reese used to do at the start of the series and having just as much luck with it.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 2, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, Kai: The United States doesn't get this show for another hour. Don't livepost the Canadian airing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ah, gotcha.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like seeing places I recognize on this show.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kai Tave posted:

Double post but okay, that's a pretty great opening. Shaw following Finch around just like Reese used to do at the start of the series and having just as much luck with it.

Yeah I noticed this right away too and loved it.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
I love how they set up the differing views of Finch and Potential Bad Guy of the Week.

Also Shaw :3

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh great, time for the obligatory Anonymous episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shaw is Bear in a cocktail dress. I love it.

• Locked thread