Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Well, that took quite the turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
They're ignoring the very real possibility that he's going to be the murderer of whoever is doing this to him.

edit: yes, I was proven wrong seconds after posting this.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 2, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

They're ignoring the very real possibility that he's going to be the murderer of whoever is doing this to him.

Reese raised this very possibility right before the commercial break.

Carter is rocking this whole officer thing.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 2, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I love how FURIOUS Carter is about this rookie cop she's saddled with.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh god, the Cylons are behind it all!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Clearly the perpetrator is Soundwave.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

That rookie was sent by HR, wasn't he?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kai Tave posted:

Clearly the perpetrator is Soundwave.

Please, everyone knows Soundwave doesn't do anything without Megatron's approval.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Ooh I hadn't even thought of that. You're probably right.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Either that or he'll be tragically killed by HR.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kwyndig posted:

Please, everyone knows Soundwave doesn't do anything without Megatron's approval.

Yeah well, that's what happens when you release Laserbeak's personal info like that.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That seems like the obvious answer which makes me wonder if there's maybe a curveball in the works.

Also I'm digging the hell out of Shaw as a full-time character, you've got to love someone who loves their work as much as she does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WOW THIS GUY'S A DICK I hope he gets killed. :mad:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Oh this guy better get whacked by the end of the episode. Nobody attacks Finch!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Bear would rip the guy's throat out 2 seconds after he hit Finch. :colbert:

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
This guy isn't that smart. I'm really hoping he loses everyone but gets to live with his failure.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
They've had to deal with intensely unlikable numbers before, but this guy's certainly going for the record.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's pretty cool that the machine has them both at very high probability of killing each other.

Also, good dog, Bear.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

This dude is such a douchenozzle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seems like a lot of responsibility to place on a CEO. He may be a jerk but its not like he personally refused to take the girl's information down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So it looks like there's another group involved.

Also kind of messed up how that guy got shot in the head.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So, is this going to be a season arc or just something weird?

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
That was awesome! I hope we get to see more of the super anonymous. Knowing how extreme they are, they'll probably be going after Finch.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Other more violent vigilantes?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Yep, Militant Anonymous. This won't end well.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Extra faction of anti-PRISM (surely to later become anti-machine) Terrorists. let's do this :getin:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if the Machine is behind that group though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Girls Night Out episode!

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe that group is why the Machine needs Root.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Highly doubtful, I'm certain if these people find out about the Machine they wills top at nothing to destroy it. This would pave the way for Root being the machine's protector, maybe eventually convincing them that the machine itself isn't so bad.

edit: damnit, beaten

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I thought the end was a refreshing, a nice surprise to switch out expectations of the usual talking someone down part we've seen a lot of times on this show.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kwyndig posted:

So, is this going to be a season arc or just something weird?

There's no way they set that up just to let it lie fallow. Last season the big thing in the background was Decima's virus but that was more or less resolved during the finale. Decima might still be around but the showrunners could place them on the backburner while Anonymous gets to be the looming threat for a while. Root's no longer exactly an antagonist in quite the same way either, so that leaves them with HR and maybe the ISA if they decide to try and go after Shaw and/or Finch.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hey Kai what channel in Canada is the show on at 6 on? I get all the timeshift channels but my Ontario Global still records it at seven, and it annoys me every week because drat it this show is supposed to be on at 6.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This is kind of a far-fetched supposition, but what if this new faction has something to do with Harold's past? They are extremely privacy heavy and Harold does have that as a personal focus, not to mention what we know of his history pre-IFT (leaking the internet, "sedition and treason" or some such).

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I think he's just a guy. She's already had partners that were scene as corrupt but were actually innocent and vice versa.

We haven't really seen an 'anti Machine' group. Having the machine sponsor anti machine groups and dissent as some sort of counter balance to people who would abuse the machine is a pretty interesting idea. The new group could just be another version of Reese and Finch's team.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

HookShot posted:

Hey Kai what channel in Canada is the show on at 6 on? I get all the timeshift channels but my Ontario Global still records it at seven, and it annoys me every week because drat it this show is supposed to be on at 6.

CTV-Halifax, and it's on at 7 Eastern, not 6.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

CTV-Halifax, and it's on at 7 Eastern, not 6.
Oh that makes sense, I think I get CTV Halifax but it's somewhere away from all the other normal HD channels so I wouldn't have found it scanning.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Random curveball idea for Carter's rookie partner: He's an Elias mook sent in to make sure Carter doesn't get hosed with. We all know Elias' outfit is good at being fake cops(our good buddy ScarCop and whatnot.)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Zaggitz posted:

Random curveball idea for Carter's rookie partner: He's an Elias mook sent in to make sure Carter doesn't get hosed with. We all know Elias' outfit is good at being fake cops(our good buddy ScarCop and whatnot.)

Oh I like that. His and Carter's tenuous alliance is full of potential. Elias can't stay cooped up in a basement forever so I'm half suspecting/half hoping that this season we get some decent forward movement on the whole Elias vs. HR plot.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

That's pretty cool that the machine has them both at very high probability of killing each other.

I thought that was weird at the time. How could they BOTH have an extremely high percentage chance of shooting each other when the machine should be able to tell who will have the upper hand in the situation? If it was just CEO Douchebag vs. Engineer Guy, the readings should have been more like 48 or 49 each. But, I think that reading was actually showing him having an extremely high chance of being both a victim and a perpetrator himself. Not Engineer guy also having an extremely high chance of being a perpetrator. So CEO Douchebag had an extremely high chance of killing Engineer Guy but then didn't stand a chance against Anonymous with Guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The machine is simply assigning them a prediction of "imminent violence," it's not making a judgment on whether one is going to be the victim or perpetrator. If someone shoots somebody else, regardless of which one does what, then the chance that both people are involved in a violent crime are 100%.

• Locked thread