Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz

MVP posted:

Hi guys, just wanted to show a kickstarter I'm working on:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1822630877/escape-from-new-ork-city

It's a tabletop miniatures and card game, I really enjoy the mechanics of the Summon Jumpers gameplay mode but a more in-depth video will be released shortly.

Your gameplay videos are really hidden down there. If you weren't a goon I would have blown them off. You probably want to make them readily apparent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
That independent RPG I was talking about just went live with their campaign today:

"In Lords of Xulima, we have set out to make a challenging, turn-based RPG in the vein of the old school classics. We're making a game filled with character development, puzzles and often difficult strategic combat. Our goal is to create an immersive environment and a challenging combat system; how you choose to play it will be entirely up to you.

Lords of Xulima is an isometric, turn-based, single-player, 2D role-playing game. It is set on a mythical lost continent called Xulima, where the world makers lived in ancient times. The game features a vast, challenging world where you will lead Gaulen the Explorer and five of his companions on an epic journey filled with the struggles of Gods and Men."

Features
• More than 60 hours of true role playing experience.
• Create your party with up to six characters, choosing between 9 classes and more than 100 unique skills.
• Strategic turn-based combat in first person view: Battle more than 100 enemies with unique skills and powers.
• A vast continent to explore, with different environments and climates: You are free to go anywhere you want from the beginning of the game, but take care; the lands of Xulima are extremely dangerous.
• More than 30 dungeons: Castles, towers and temples await for you to discover their secrets.
• The depth and challenge of old school RPG classics, but with a modern, intuitive interface.
• Enchanting hand-drawn 2D graphics for landscapes and maps, mixed with 3D, pre-rendered models to bring smooth animations for characters and creatures.
• Available for Windows, MAC and Linux.
• Languages: English, Spanish.

More detailed information is available on the Indiegogo page with pitch video/trailer and everything.
-------------------------------

Crowdfunding campaign just went live this morning and the pre-orders up to the $75 tier are surprisingly affordable compared to most projects (free shipping too). They also need to get on Steam Greenlight, so even if you don't pre-order but still like the project, hop over to the Greenlight page and give it a thumbs up!

Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/LordsOfXulima/x/2770289

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128219358

Thanks for checking it out, and I'll be available periodically to answer any questions about the project.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 16, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
The Joe Man: Looks like there's a copy/paste problem with the greenlight link

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

diadem posted:

The Joe Man: Looks like there's a copy/paste problem with the greenlight link

Awesome, thanks for the catch. Wonder what happened.

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz

The Joe Man posted:

Awesome, thanks for the catch. Wonder what happened.

No worries. Hope it does well - that campaign did some thing I should have done; go live on a monday. The first few days are critical for velocity and weekends are slow croudfunding days for whatever reason.

Dstrukt
Jan 3, 2010

The owls are not what they seem.

Hey everyone! I am currently working on funding my senior thesis project at film school called RAGE. RAGE is an 80s infused action short film. I guess you could say it's sort of Blade Runner meets The Warriors. Anyway, you can find out more info here:

Indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rage-a-short-film/x/291174

You can also check out the music compilation we put together to help raise money for the film.

Bandcamp: http://telefuturenow.bandcamp.com/album/rage

The compilation includes a bunch of awesome 80s synth artists like Perturbator, Betamaxx, Carpenter Brut, and Monomer. It also includes a song by me, Arcade High. :)

twinkle cave
Dec 20, 2012

THUNDERBRAWL LOSER
I usually hang out in Thunderdome and write bad fiction. But I'm also in a hackerspace and did this Kickstarter.

It's a 3D printer stand and workstation that we made out of PVC coated steel pipe and brackets. It's a system of parts you can make a bunch of different stuff out of, kind of like 80/20 aluminum or Form-U-Fit PVC, but for the Kickstarter did a specific kit with it.

Here's the link again... any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fitzkits/multimod-consoles-hack-your-workspace?ref=city

twinkle cave fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 23, 2013

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I think that's super clever. :sun:

Anyone who has a workshop or workspace of their own and has had to rearrange/organize it at least once will think so, too.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

My web series project "The Adventures of The League of S.T.E.A.M." has a Kickstarter campaign going to fund our third season. We're down to the last 8 days, with just under $10,000 left to earn towards our goal.

KICKSTARTER:donate.leagueofsteam.com
or
KICKSTARTER:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leagueofsteam/adventures-of-the-league-of-steam-season-three

We're best known for creating elaborate costumes, classic monsters and creatures, and fully-functional Steampunk style props. We've managed to win a couple Streamy Awards, a Geekie Award for "Best Horror/Supernatural" web series and a ton of nominations.
It's entirely a labor of love as even the kickstarter funds aren't used for anything more than production costs. We produced the first season entirely out of pocket. We wanted to raise the bar hence, Kickstarter!

If this is the sort of thing that appeals to you, I ask you contribute what you can. Doesn't have to be cash, just spreading the word to friends you think would like to support the project is a big help.

Thank you very much!

About The League of S.T.E.A.M.

The League of S.T.E.A.M. is a talented group of artists, performers, and inventors who take their audience back to a time of intrepid adventures, bridging the gap between the supernatural and the scientific; they are monster hunters from the Victorian era. The group is best known for their award-winning web series The Adventures of the League of S.T.E.A.M., which chronicles the group's comedic monster-hunting misadventures. The League of S.T.E.A.M. specializes in interactive entertainment, performing with a fusion of fantastic technology, interactive demonstrations, and theatrical trickery, and their live events showcase a mesmerizing array of fully functional gadgets and props meticulously designed to enchant and entertain audiences of all ages. Their mission is to create unforgettable entertainment, telling their stories through a unique mix of interactive live shows, a popular web series, audio podcasts, and interactive fan club, and more.

vvvvvvvv
Thanks! I used the subdomain that directs to Kickstarter because I thought that would be easier to type! Sorry.

Edit: Success! Thank you VERY much to all who helped out in any way! We made 123% of our goal, reaching $30,842 by the time it ended. Thank you.

CaptainCrunch fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 3, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
Here's a direct link to CaptainCrunch's kickstarter for the lazy.

Good to see a fellow goon with another ambitious project!

twinkle cave
Dec 20, 2012

THUNDERBRAWL LOSER

Mister Sinewave posted:

I think that's super clever. :sun:

Anyone who has a workshop or workspace of their own and has had to rearrange/organize it at least once will think so, too.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. So far we haven't blown away the kickstarter thing, but hopefully we'll make it. It's been a little tough getting people to understand it unless they've seen something like it before. Gotta keep plugging away.

wwilliamm
Jan 1, 2010
Hey y'all. First post! And of course the natural first thing to do is solicit and beg for money from a bunch of goons, right?

Long story short, I'm in a high school production of Shrek the Musical. This is my first go at anything in theater and I am beyond happy with the decision to do it. The people are great and in all honesty the quality of the production that we'll be putting on is going to be phenomenal. As most of you probably know, however, funding for the arts in public high schools is slowly dwindling to nothing. In order to counteract that problem we've made a Kickstarter. We've already met our goal, but I figured I'd post it on here to see if we could raise a little more. There's only about 2 more hours, and any little bit would help. Worth a shot I suppose. Thanks for reading, here's the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1418541734/starrs-mill-high-school-presents-shrek-the-musical

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Hey guys,

I'm working as a cinematographer on an upcoming short film titled

Good Ol Times
Indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/good-ol-times/x/4835807?mobile=0&version=2

Essentially it's a comic styled story of a retired legend who upon being provoked, tries to relive his past.

It's a project I'm really excited to be working on. The director is going full tilt, putting in a lot of his own money on top of what is raised on Indiegogo. He has a great stunt team lined up for action sequences.

I've called in personal favours to get us cheap prices gear for the shoot, including an Arri Alexa package.

The producers have put together a few good incentives on the page, including movie posters, t-shirts and replica props.

Thanks!

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
My game might not be getting a lot of love (and I no longer expect it to here), but Woody Hearn's rendition of one of my game's units is in and I just wanted to to share it because it's cool.

Other supporting webcomics include Chris Hastings, Zach Weinersmith, Pete Abrams, and more. Non-webcomic artists include Nills Hamm (M:TG such as Mountain and Grave Titan), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies covers, Walking Dead, etc). Other guys worked on the original Legend of Zelda, Pacfic Rim, Final Fatnasy, etc.

We are a small team using our personal funds but we've got some big name help (in terms of talent, not funding). Woody Hearn's art means a lot to me because he was the first webcomic artist to help get ConnectiCon off the ground.

diadem fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 28, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
From one of my friends (she isn't a Goon)

quote:

New York City Opera has done so much for my career and for careers of numerous composers and singers. If they can't raise enough money by Tuesday, they will announce bankruptcy. They are trying to raise a million dollars with this kickstarter campaign. Please share this link on your wall and pledge, even a dollar, just to show that you care.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1551842735/the-peoples-opera-new-york-city-operas-2013-2014-s

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

I'm not personally involved with this project, but a former classmate of mine has been working on this for quite some time and their kickstarter just went up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1726726347/the-miira-view-frame?ref=search

In so many words, it's an artist tool to assist with perspective, foreshortening, proportions, etc. and is somewhat focused with the classroom in mind (the other half behind the duo is a local art teacher). The designer is top notch and does awesome work, and they've also been working on a pretty interesting app with similar functions.

mareep fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 1, 2013

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

Although it hasn't launched yet, the Weapon Brown Kickstarter (which collects the goon-favorite Weapon Brown web strip) will soon begin! Enjoy this short video designed to whet your appetite!

Zordakk
Oct 3, 2013
Space Bastards is a comic book featuring the mercenary mail carriers of the Intergalactic Postal Service.

The 42 page first issue of the comic is finished. We need financial support to print and distribute it.

If you donate enough, we will kill you or anyone you choose in the comic. Donate some more and we'll show you killing anyone you want in the comic.

Donate even more than that and you can be a recurring character, slaughtering lots of people throughout the galaxy.

Here's the link. Click and you'll find the full reward tier details, a short animated pitch, and a link to the first 13 pages of the comic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1159742006/space-bastards-comic-book

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho
Blurb from the TG KS thread: Here's a project that I've been working on with TONY DANZAS HO, who is an excellent artist (http://nikkiart.carbonmade.com). In one sentence it's a tabletop game inspired by "rogue cop" films from the 80s that uses playing cards instead of dice.

"Loose cannon"

"Disregards the rules"

"Psychopath"

Sure you've heard all that before in the chief's office, in the station's locker room, at one of your misconduct hearings.

The brass doesn't like you because you don't have time for their "procedure" or the so-called "constitutional rights" of the scum you haul into the station.

But you're still on the force. You wanna know why? Because you're a great goddamn cop. That's why. You've got good instincts, you've got good contacts, and even though you've got a beergut and an ulcer, you can still crack skulls and book perps with the best of them.

In three days you'll retire as a sergeant. You knew early on that you'd never be an officer, and you were ok with it--sitting behind a desk is for people who don't have policing in their blood. However, with the changes to the department's pensions, you're looking at a pretty lean retirement.

"What's this?" You scroll through the dispatch that Suzie just dropped on your desk. Your eyes catch a few phrases: "urgent case" ..."Mayor wants this cleaned up"..."Book the perps in 72 hours and you get a promotion."

You straighten your uniform and head towards the Chief's office. Three days to solve one crime? Piece of cake. And a promotion. What could possibly go wrong?

*DRUDGE SIREN* When you back the kickstarter I email you a PDF containing the beta version of the rules. Meaning you can start playing right away.

Three Days Until Retirement is a fast-paced one-session tabletop RPG about cops going rogue to solve one last crime. Inspired by classic eighties cinema about cops on the edge, this game uses a unique card-based resolution system that requires strategically balancing investigative work, action and combat.

The game supports one-session or continuous campaign play and has suggestions for making the game as gritty or as gonzo as you want. Gameplay is rich enough to entertain veteran tabletop gamers yet accessible enough for non-gamers to pick up in a few minutes of play.

Three Days contains the full rules for playing the game, character creation, variant rules and a "lazy DM" section that contains a plot generator, NPC generator, scene generator, clue generator and henchman/villain generator, all done with playing cards.

Basically this is a game where you get to be a really bad cop and destroy buildings and murder people while trying to solve a crime. If you're a lazy DM like I am, you can use the charts in the back to quickly generate a "whodunit" plot. The game can be run in under three hours start-to-finish and requires little-to-no advance work on the part of the person running the game.

Money is covering art, layout, editing, print and distribution. We're well on our way, but more money means more content, more art and lots of weird swag. Even if you're not a gamer, the rulebook should be an entertaining read and a delight for the eyes.

Kickstarter link

sophomorehoffman
Jun 3, 2012

PCB Spring Break 1987!
Hello all!

I've been working on a short film, Father of Curiosity, for a little over a year and some change and I just wanted to share it with you lovely folks at Creative Convention!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/father-of-curiosity-a-whimsical-realist-short-film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtoTdtasM9A

A young girl finds herself as an accomplice to several counts of petty theft while following an old vagrant around her neighborhood.

I first pitched the film at the New Orleans Film Festival last October (2012) and had a really encouraging response. I've got a pretty great team of folks together from Atlanta and parts of Alabama, and pre-production has been going great.

This will be my last short film project as a student and in my hometown, as I'm moving to St. Louis in mid-December. Any support would really help us out and I'd really appreciate you guys just sharing the link.

Thanks so much and you can also find the project on Facebook and Twitter.

sophomorehoffman fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 13, 2013

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
Cyan, the makers of Myst and Riven are making a new game as a new IP called Obduction and are turning to kickstarter to make it happen. Looks like it will be the same sort of feel and style of gameplay as Myst. Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

My friend and former co-worker Steve went re-indie to go and make this project that has long been noodling in his brain, SCALE. It's currently the kickstarter project of the day, and is getting a pretty incredible response.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1188957169/scale?ref=home_spotlight

I'd encourage you all to check out the trailer and consider supporting the project. Having played and worked a bit with the early prototypes, I can tell you its mind-bending in a way I haven't experienced since Portal, and shares all of the same incredible potential.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Hi guys, just wanted to post a kickstarter I'm working on:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1822630877/exotitans

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
I have finally finished my new Steampunk themed Atari 2600 Controller advertising poster.

Check it out, and maybe throw a few bucks at it! :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142892610/original-steampunk-a-poster-tribute-to-a-gaming-cl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KittyLitter fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 29, 2013

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

That independent RPG I was talking about just went live with their campaign today:

"In Lords of Xulima, we have set out to make a challenging, turn-based RPG in the vein of the old school classics. We're making a game filled with character development, puzzles and often difficult strategic combat. Our goal is to create an immersive environment and a challenging combat system; how you choose to play it will be entirely up to you.

Lords of Xulima is an isometric, turn-based, single-player, 2D role-playing game. It is set on a mythical lost continent called Xulima, where the world makers lived in ancient times. The game features a vast, challenging world where you will lead Gaulen the Explorer and five of his companions on an epic journey filled with the struggles of Gods and Men."

Features
• More than 60 hours of true role playing experience.
• Create your party with up to six characters, choosing between 9 classes and more than 100 unique skills.
• Strategic turn-based combat in first person view: Battle more than 100 enemies with unique skills and powers.
• A vast continent to explore, with different environments and climates: You are free to go anywhere you want from the beginning of the game, but take care; the lands of Xulima are extremely dangerous.
• More than 30 dungeons: Castles, towers and temples await for you to discover their secrets.
• The depth and challenge of old school RPG classics, but with a modern, intuitive interface.
• Enchanting hand-drawn 2D graphics for landscapes and maps, mixed with 3D, pre-rendered models to bring smooth animations for characters and creatures.
• Available for Windows, MAC and Linux.
• Languages: English, Spanish.

More detailed information is available on the Indiegogo page with pitch video/trailer and everything.
-------------------------------

Crowdfunding campaign just went live this morning and the pre-orders up to the $75 tier are surprisingly affordable compared to most projects (free shipping too). They also need to get on Steam Greenlight, so even if you don't pre-order but still like the project, hop over to the Greenlight page and give it a thumbs up!

Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/LordsOfXulima/x/2770289

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128219358

Thanks for checking it out, and I'll be available periodically to answer any questions about the project.

UPDATE: They've managed a way to do a Kickstarter! Went live today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1446315704/lords-of-xulima-an-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010
Ok people, this friend of mine is pretty involved in this project:

Jaguar's Mark

Here is a trailer
http://youtu.be/CsRLzCR_N5E

And a little intro about the project:
http://youtu.be/6ylSzeeHES4

So basically, they are going for a quite formulaic story, the protagonist, an orphan, discovers that he is the fabled hero bearer of the "mark of the jaguar", and must fight the monsters of the underworld(the Mictlαn) that tries to destroy the world.
The strenght of this project lies in that is heavily based on the mesoamerican Myths, and taken special care in details like the clothing, political situation, geography and architecture, this backed with lots of research, with the help of curators from the MNA.

Now, they are looking for a Kickstarter, they are aiming for a 100,000, not really a lot as they are going to use it to finish pre-production, as they are expecting some investors at the next year, to pump about 1MDD, so the money is basically to keep working the studio.

For the KS they have planned the following rewards.
5 USD Just thanks

20 USD e-book with art from the movie, sketches, storyboards, backgrounds, rejected designs. etc.

30 USD Soundtrack + all other rewards.

50 USD Digital movie + all other rewards.

100 USD Physical BD and soundtrack + digital rewards.

200 USD Physical BD and soundtrack, movie's poster, codex on amate + digital rewards.

250 USD Physical Artbook, atographed BD and soundtrack, movie's poster, codex on amate + digital rewards.

And there is a risk(a big one), these guys are looking for public funds, and some private investors, if these just deny their support at the last minute, the KS would have been in vain, and all the rewards from the 30 and up, would be undeliverable.

Also this is the cast.

So, any suggestion?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Here's my kickstarter: Pirate World! It's 10% funded in the first hour, so far!

Here's the Kickstarter

I am SO EXCITED.

Here's what comes in the hardback, 180 page book with full page colour illustrations by a couple of awesome goons:

quote:

7+ classes. 6 completely new and one fan favourite: THE BRUTE! Each class has a third page too, filled with death moves, magic items, designer notes and space for describing your character in more depth.
tons of new races, from festering amphibs to massive crustaceans, and wonderful takes on the current races (soviet style dwarves, gunpowder-addicted goblins, volcano cultist lizardmen)
20+ BACKGROUNDS: a whole new system to customise your character from level 1 onwards. Now you're not just a Brute; you're a Brute Cultist, or a Necromantic Brute, or, perhaps scariest of all, a Cannibal Brute!
Beautiful illustrations+; both full page (Joseph Irizarry) and inset (Jonathan Choby). You can get a print of Joseph Irizarry's illustration separately, and they're stunning!
HIRELINGS: a total overhaul to the Dungeon World style. Hirelings are now unique creatures, with their own moves, personalities and styles. The book has a massive section on hirelings, and you can get your own character included!
LUNCHEON WORLD: A guide to streamlining Dungeon World so you can eat it over a sandwich, or play it online
And tons more+, including ship fighting, island discovery, brutal combat...

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Pirate World got fully funded on the first day, with a big dollop of cash from goons. Thankyou guys, I'm so excited and so happy to see this project just take off!

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho
Only have like 15 hours left and I'm right under 9K. Thanks all y'all for supporting the project and stuff.

Here's some more art:

Current stretch goals include a FAN CLUB PACK and supplemental rules for suburban surreal horror. At $10,000 there'll be more art and more supplemental content.

http://kck.st/1fOARmo

Thanks everybody!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

Hey Goonies! I am pleased to offer for your consideration my Kickstarter, Weapon Brown: The Funny Pages Weaponized!

Weapon Brown is both a web strip (and a comic book) that has run for years on my site Whatisdeepfried.com. It is a fan favorite in SA's Comic Strip Megathread as well. The story is a riotous tale of comic strip stars trying to survive the Apocalypse! Imagine Charles Schulz's take on "The Road Warrior" and you'll get the picture.

The video below explains it all better than I can (and it's animated!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B4KZGhUvig

Interested? Visit my Kickstarter page!

Avenrosh
Apr 11, 2006
Here is a campaign for a game I've been involved in:

Eon Altar

I was working with Flying Helmet Games for 5 months on a preproduction demo, and now they've launched a Kickstarter. It's a role playing game that uses any modern smartphone as your character sheet/controls and any modern tablet (or TV) as the main game space.

I've always been pretty stoked about asynchronous gaming since Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords, as well as having group play where you're able to face each other and hang out like a board game or PnP RPG. The demo (not available currently) is a lot of fun even at its early stage. Definitely worth checking out!

Kickstarter: EON ALTAR, a Tabletop Videogame for 2-5 Players

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Just realized I never posted the new Dropsy in this thread. We're successfully funded, but are trying to reach a $19,000 stretch goal to get a composer on board:

-> Kickstarter Here <-

Condensed video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9weQcaCnY

Info:

The Kickstarter posted:

Dropsy is an open world adventure game with an emphasis on surreal atmospheric elements and environmental storytelling. It extracts the humor and rich narratives from classic adventure games and places them into a unique exploration based framework. You guide Dropsy, a perpetually carefree clown (ex-clown to be precise) through a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets.

Screenshots and stuff:

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
Real life load tests are showing that Alteil is a lot less resource intensive than expected. We went ahead and sent every backer of the old kickstarter, and every backer of $10 or more for the new Kickstarter a pre-alpha invite code.

I'm trying to be very clear that "pre-alpha" means we aren't feature complete yet and there are known bugs (along with a daily log of changes/updates). It seems most (but not all) people are getting that.

I'm also going to move the "critical big O back-end optimization fixes" to the background. Just because things are >10,000 times more resource intensive than they should be doesn't mean that matters when your full load peaks out at 3% CPU usage (including operating system and the monitoring tool). Once we reach around 2,000 simultaneous users the big O and farm stuff will be brought up on the stack, but for now new features are key. Since everything is modular this won't create technical debt.

diadem fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 11, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
That 3d blurb of the face at the ten second mark looks real impressive. How'd you do that? Claymation?

Gaspy Conana posted:

Just realized I never posted the new Dropsy in this thread. We're successfully funded, but are trying to reach a $19,000 stretch goal to get a composer on board:

-> Kickstarter Here <-

Condensed video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9weQcaCnY

Info:

Screenshots and stuff:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

diadem posted:

That 3d blurb of the face at the ten second mark looks real impressive. How'd you do that? Claymation?

I didn't make it, it was just an animation a fan sent me through the Facebook page. I think it was just completely CG. Incredible work for being a quick out-of-nowhere thing.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

My brother's several year old project finally has an IGG campaign! GroupTones is a location-based (free) service to help musicians locate each other without dealing with awful places like Craigslist's musicians section. The site is functional and he has several thousand users, but he's at the point where he needs cash to build and promote it further.

If you have any feedback, I'd be happy to pass it on to him.

deathundothee
Mar 23, 2009

The Universal Pictorial Language is a hieroglyphic writing system that I am developing with the public as a community arts project. I'm starting by setting up tables in public areas and asking strangers to draw their interpretations of words that I provide. As you'd expect, the answers are mildly wacky:

But, I have been whittling the answers down and having folks online vote for their favorites, and from there I will standardize the glyphs and add them to my vocabulary list.
This idea is nuts, and will take me forever. And I'm going to get a lot of pushback along the way. But you know what? I'm writing this language anyway, and I will produce a basic dictionary come hell or high water.

Will my efforts render a usable visual language, or stand as a testament to the absurdity of universal communication and the myopic nature of linguistic hobbyists? I don't know. But I will try!

Here is my fundraising page:
Univeral Pictorial Language on Hatchfund
And my website:
deathundothee

Donate for weird screen printed art!

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
How much do I have to pay to get a stencil of goatse as the pictogram for "art"?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
We just hit our first stretch goal, wooo!

Quick question: I'm posting an update on the music of my game tonight. Do you guys think I'd run into any trouble if I used a small montage of album covers from the music that influences me? Not using any audio, just images of the album covers.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

Circuit Scribe is a ballpoint pen with conductive ink. You can easily draw out circuits for learning or for projects like greeting cards or other papercraft. No more breadboards for your small projects, you can turn your draft sketches into a working circuit! It's being run by a good friend of mine. I expect it to be huge for STEM educators and the maker community. According to Kicktraq, he's going to EASILY hit his target in the next few days and move on to some pretty interesting, soon to be announced stretch goals.

There's a few early bird packages left but I think they'll be gone by Friday. I'm trying to get him to add enough slots for anyone who buys the first week, but no promises.

Electroninks' Circuit Scribe Kickstarter