Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Wolf on Air posted:

Manga issue 63 is out but not yet translated.

Mild spoilers unless you read runes

:f5:

There will be some AMAZING punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolf on Air
Dec 31, 2004

Combat Instructor
Armed Forces, Time-Space Administration Bureau
Okay, it's out on 4chan, I can't link it directly because US license.

HYPER ECCENTRIC ULTRA GREAT GIGA EXTREME ANOTHER-HYPER AMAZING PUNCH!!

It seems totally obvious in hindsight that Touma and Sogiita Gunha would get along fabulously.

OH poo poos:
• Kuroko met/saw/touched #10032
• Misaki about to mindwipe herself

Misaki's new utility power of braindumping the circumstances into whatever ally shows up is astonishingly clever, though.

The retconning is becoming more ridiculous by the minute (and this issue lasted like two minutes of in-universe time, gently caress this teasing)

I see no way out of this that doesn't involve Misaki/Gensei mindwiping everyone involved somehow. I hate mindwipes. Well okay, the other option is it just has no consequences because fuckin' Kazuma Kamachi.

Otherwise the sheer psychological damage would've affected something in the like 25+ books following this part in the timeline, you'd think.

Actually I would be cool with an officially recognized retcon/plot divergence, at this point.

I doubt this arc will be done in less than six months. loving monthly manga :geno:

Wolf on Air fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 1, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Incidentally, the last episode would make a large number of great gifs.

Parpy
Oct 23, 2009

Ducklings have been known to imprint on, and imitate, species in close vicinity -- especially cats and dogs.

~SMcD
I just saw Gunha punch lightning.

How is this ridiculous story so damned good?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think the last episode was X-Men 3 level terrible. You have a bunch of untrained schoolkids with magic powers fighting thousands of robots that are significantly larger and stronger than they are, and what do they do? Fight hand-to-hand with no proper sense of self preservation, and not use their magic powers.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

I think the last episode was X-Men 3 level terrible. You have a bunch of untrained schoolkids with magic powers fighting thousands of robots that are significantly larger and stronger than they are, and what do they do? Fight hand-to-hand with no proper sense of self preservation, and not use their magic powers.

Not everyone has abilities that are immediately useful (or is a level 0), and the ones that did used them.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter's out - http://mangafox.me/manga/to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun/v09/c063/1.html

And it's every bit as AMAZING as the raw promised.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I have not read the LNs, so this is my first time seeing Sogita Gunha in action. He punched lightning out of the sky. Was not disappointed.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I love how they just stared at each other after punching.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

veekie posted:

I love how they just stared at each other after punching.
And thus began the series' newest spin-off, "A Certain AMAZING Bromance".

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

That last episode was shounen as fuuuuuuuuck. In the "grin plastered on my face" way. I guess it's sometimes nice to watch goofy poo poo like that. MISAKAs steal the show again.

Also I'm a moron and only just now realized that Janie is supposed to be like January (as opposed to "Journey" which is what I keep hearing them say, then I keep thinking of goofy 80s music videos) and Febri is supposed to be like February.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnacondaHL posted:

That last episode was shounen as fuuuuuuuuck. In the "grin plastered on my face" way. I guess it's sometimes nice to watch goofy poo poo like that. MISAKAs steal the show again.

Also I'm a moron and only just now realized that Janie is supposed to be like January (as opposed to "Journey" which is what I keep hearing them say, then I keep thinking of goofy 80s music videos) and Febri is supposed to be like February.

Well, "April", "May", "June", and "Julie" are all already common girls' names, so why not "Janie" and "Febri"? "Novie" is another possibility, though I can't think of decent ways to feminize "March", "August", "September", "October" or "December".

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I think it was only supposed to mean January is 1 and February is 2.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
They were only making two anyway, so using months wasn't so bad. Coming up with codenames for twenty thousand and one would be a bit harder though.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

JosephWongKS posted:

Well, "April", "May", "June", and "Julie" are all already common girls' names, so why not "Janie" and "Febri"? "Novie" is another possibility, though I can't think of decent ways to feminize "March", "August", "September", "October" or "December".

Augustine is an actual girls name, I believe there is a saint named that. Also the month is named after Augustus Caesar.
edit: my bad it's the name of a guy though it sounds rather girly to me.

As for the latest chapter of the manga the rank 7 level 5 guy is like one of the most eccentric and awesome guys in the entire story, I wish he showed up more often.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Myurton posted:

Augustine is an actual girls name, I believe there is a saint named that. Also the month is named after Augustus Caesar.
edit: my bad it's the name of a guy though it sounds rather girly to me.

I'd forgotten about Augusta.

quote:

As for the latest chapter of the manga the rank 7 level 5 guy is like one of the most eccentric and awesome guys in the entire story, I wish he showed up more often.

Sogita Gunha needs his own spin-off series ASAP.

Wolf on Air
Dec 31, 2004

Combat Instructor
When the empty-shell force-of-sheer-narrative-convenience shonen protagonist met the TTGL-grade self-aware More Burning Spirit!! shonen protagonist, it was a miracle the universe didn't implode in an paroxysm of irony.

But yes, he's great. I would wish he and Touma could go off and have actually amusing punching adventures on their own outside my girl-power-trip story and stop meddling in otherwise interesting plots :v:

(You could fit them all in with the glamorizing of the poorly-repentant murderous psychopath story, most likely.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Thought people in this thread might be interested to know that Misaka's been confirmed for a game called Fighting Climax, where the apparent idea is crossing over a bunch of Light Novels into a fighting game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sllVigl8n1E

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Clash of the Tsundere...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Blazemoe: Tsundere Trigger

If it has a story I really want to know what it is.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 8, 2013

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
*Reading the Index light novels* I know that plenty of anime draw people who look younger and older than their given age but Stiyl being 14? Really? That is really quite the stretch.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Yeah, Styil looks like he's in his early to mid 20's.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 64 is out.

Nobody gives a poo poo about that, though, cause A Certain Droll Hivemind also updated. For those wondering, her name translates to "Just Misaka". :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Chapter 64 is out.

Nobody gives a poo poo about that, though, cause A Certain Droll Hivemind also updated. For those wondering, her name translates to "Just Misaka". :allears:

I give a poo poo about 64.

Sogita is so amazing, also we get to see the return of ability networking

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
That was amazing alright.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AtomikKrab posted:

I give a poo poo about 64.

I do too. The idea of literally throwing Touma at the problem amuses me greatly. I also love that his hand is no longer the instant problem solving cheat code it usually is, and all in all this is a pretty great chapter.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
It's a brilliant plan as long as you can throw him accurately then outrun the missile to catch him on the other end like a baby.

This is the beginning of a wonderful partnership.

veekie fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 2, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I do too. The idea of literally throwing Touma at the problem amuses me greatly. I also love that his hand is no longer the instant problem solving cheat code it usually is, and all in all this is a pretty great chapter.

It never was, Touma is running into the whole innocentius/other projected things problem, he can stop it for a moment but it keeps applying until he can punch the source

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 65

Wolf on Air
Dec 31, 2004

Combat Instructor
:argh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That guy is a dickhole. Easily distracted dickhole at least

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 66

This has been getting pretty stretched out. Ultimately they are pretty short chapters for a monthly series though I suppose.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This seems like the best place to put it but...

Accelerator Chapter 1

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Accelerator manga is off to a boring start.

Meanwhile, the Railgun manga is just about to climax. poo poo just keeps getting more and more real.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess I've sort of forgotten why/where people were doing what they were doing. The idea is that Kuroko will take out that metal user, who is somehow influencing/powering Misaka via interference, and once she is taken out Touma will be able to cancel Misaka out of it for real? In the end, Shokuhou was just buying time? Though she obviously would have preferred to have outright won.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
What are the odds Shokuhou tricked Gensei into using the wrong code?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 68

Hahahahaha, holy poo poo. Tarezax nails it in one. Shokuhou pulled a loving Lelouch Lamperouge.

E: That was also a brutal finisher by Kuroko, sheesh.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 9, 2014

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Accelerator manga is up to chapter 3, also very dark already.

Wolf on Air
Dec 31, 2004

Combat Instructor
Can I say that I'm loving relieved that that pair of confrontations are over? I mean, it was a satisfying end but in a 20-page monthly manga it spanned half a year, :argh:

Jesus gently caress, Kuroko, one does not mess with your onee-sama on your watch, does one? With this, the external sources of mindfucking are neutralized, I guess, time for the I Know You're In There fight to resume proper. Bets on Misaki conveniently mindwiping everyone afterwards for the sake of the canon?

This arc sure has done wonders for Misaki's character, too, that was great :golfclap:

Does anyone know anything about the rumors that the manga is ending after the conclusion of this arc? Considering Accelerator's Own Manga just started and they can apparently not :effort: making this more often than monthly, it seems worryingly plausible.

I also sure hope the OAV that's on the charts now (finally) actually is L.A.C. given the persistent hinting right up through the last episode.

Wolf on Air fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 69

So, uh... I haven't read the books. Can someone explain WHAT THE gently caress THAT WAS?!?

• Locked thread