Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Just looking at the art, with no comprehension of what is happening, but S-9 appears to just be Metaknight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

If anyone wants the translation, read this and only this chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-032-Read-Online?id=164869

It's ONE's original chapter with ONE's original art. Words are the same.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Prison Warden posted:

Just looking at the art, with no comprehension of what is happening, but S-9 appears to just be Metaknight

His name is pretty close so maybe it's intentional.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think my favorite part is Bang (was that his name?), Genos, and Saitama walking through the MR door at the Heroes Association. Bang and Genos look cool and stoic but Saitama is drawn so half-asses compared to the other two that it loses all sense of urgency and seriousness

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I appreciate that S-2 gets the same off-model "don't give a poo poo" faces Saitama does. Check her out in the group spread, she and Saitama stick out like a pair of sore thumbs. :allears:

EDIT:

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 3, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A translation is out Here

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tornado is supposed to be Blizzard's older sister according to the wiki, so why does she look about 10?

Edit: Or possibly 5.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 3, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Because Japan does that a lot.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Goddamn, Saitama at the top of page 9 looks like a different character. His serious face is amazing. And that makes his entrance into the meeting, and comment at the end, all the more spectacular. :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Because Japan does that a lot.
Here's hoping she's a protagonist for Saitama, and not a love interest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Don't worry, this isn't that kind of series.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I was wondering if any of the heroes had actual superpowers aside from superstrength or robots, and I completely forgot about the storm ladies.

Like, if superpowers existed at all. Saitama's superstrength is just from training so I don't think that counts.

Also I think who we're all excited for is pig god.

Rynder fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 3, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The top of the Tank Tops is there :allears:

Also, I can't wait to see Metal Bat do a cool thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't recall any other hero being drawn off-model like Saitama, so I'd assume Tornado is meant to be a comedy foil to his goofy hero persona.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The atom symbol on Atomic Samurai's cloak/sword hilt is so out of place, it's great. Murata's touch on ONE's designs are always a pleasure to see. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Does anyone have that picture handy, the one where Murata painted a drawing on his hand for fun? That was awesome and I forgot to save it at the time.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Rynder posted:

Like, if superpowers existed at all. Saitama's superstrength is just from training so I don't think that counts.

Being a monstrous crab monster mutated from a human doesn't count? Or a giant loving rhino thing from genetic engineering? Or a mosquito woman who can command trillions of blood suckers?

In terms of people who were just born that way I'd say the Storm sisters are basically as close as we've seen.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
That guy on the cover page--that's the B Rank hero who fought the fan monster in the bonus chapter, right?

e: Nope, just the guy who's delivering the message to bang's dojo.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

DrSunshine posted:

Does anyone have that picture handy, the one where Murata painted a drawing on his hand for fun? That was awesome and I forgot to save it at the time.

This one?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Say Nothing posted:

If that were the case, the love interest would be Blizzard. Classic tsumdere character :v:

Man, Murata is so great with the comedic timing and Saitama's the best shonen protagonit that I've seen.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres another body painting one on his fingers with Saitama and Sonic, but I cant find it.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Meme Emulator posted:

Theres another body painting one on his fingers with Saitama and Sonic, but I cant find it.

This works best if you see it in series:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What the gently caress I don't like King's design

Zombieman looks pretty dope though.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What the gently caress I don't like King's design

I know, right? He's pretty solid in the color picture in the OP, but in the manga he looks like he's made of mashed potatoes. You'll lose your place in the character ranking polls if you don't shape up, King!

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I'm so happy to see off-model Tornado, you have no idea :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

onepixeljumpman posted:

This works best if you see it in series:

I wouldn't mind if the entire series was done this way from now on.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

That's the one! Hahah. How neat! Thanks.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Adelheid posted:

I'm so happy to see off-model Tornado, you have no idea :allears:

High point of pretty much the best chapter so far. (Kissmanga link)

Seems that nearly everyone has been touched up or redesigned again. Tornado looks different from her first appearance, a lot slimmer now, and King's chin has tripled in size, as have his scars. Though it's pretty much the first time we've seen everyone else up close, so it's hard to compare their look here with how they looked in that colour spread.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

High point of pretty much the best chapter so far. (Kissmanga link)

Seems that nearly everyone has been touched up or redesigned again. Tornado looks different from her first appearance, a lot slimmer now, and King's chin has tripled in size, as have his scars. Though it's pretty much the first time we've seen everyone else up close, so it's hard to compare their look here with how they looked in that colour spread.

Did you notice how drastically Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask's design has changed a few times? The latest version is very much more inline with ONE's drawings.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It seems a lot of the top heros are like Atomic Samurai, arrogantly dismissive of anyone ranked lower than them.
Tiny Tornado has viciously trashed guys lower than her both times she has appeared, first glasses henchman and now Saitama.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Nice Saitama's getting respect from someone who isn't Genos or Licenseless Rider, though.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Darth Walrus posted:

Nice Saitama's getting respect from someone who isn't Genos or Licenseless Rider, though.

Well, he did see him literally destroy a meteor which neither genos nor metal knight could even slow down. Kind of hard to ignore that one.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hahaha I love the fact that there's a Tank Top for every class hahahaha. the hero names are pretty dope. I wonder who is it that's at #1 S-class?! also cant wait to see what watchdog man and zombie man are like.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I love this manga. Zombie Man is the coolest looking superhero so far, reminds me of Bladerunner.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Genos is never going learn and always get destroyed each fight

Opter
Jul 8, 2010
Great chapter, it's nice to finally see the rest of S-Class, especially King. Murata did a great job. On another note, that "Next chapter" page always still kills me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I desperately want to know why dog suit man is S-class.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
He takes a bite out of crime.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

I desperately want to know why dog suit man is S-class.

He's really, really good at destroying monsters. Remember that panel of him standing on a giant pile of dead monsters and reporting back to HQ that there was "Nothing unusual"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I think tornado's offmodel looks exactly like she looks in the original version, which is pretty great because maybe we'll get this