Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

I don't know if anyone else has tried this but while dry-fitting the bits for my Devabots (not looking at the picture, stupidly), I kept trying to fit the torso on upside-down (so the fuel tank and pelvis became an ostrich head and spine, while the actual head became a bulkier pelvis). It means the arms are mounted a bit lower on the body but I think it looks quite good.

Would a conversion like that be OK in game terms or would it cause any major LOS/modelling for advantage issues?

Measuring and LoS in the game is done from the center of the base, so I don't think most conversions would offer too much advantage. Some dynamic poses can leave arms/legs reaching and more visible, but it's not usually a factor. At least, not enough to motivate people to convert and change the models into static, pillar-like shapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Miniwargaming started doing Infinity batreps and their first one is actually pretty good, have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkc44o-XW74

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Signal posted:

Please, elaborate. :allears:

Swarms of Naffutin, Lasiqs and HMG Djanbazans. No Haqq sectorial can take all of them and they are amazing in terms of covering each others weaknesses.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Tardscream posted:

Swarms of Naffutin, Lasiqs and HMG Djanbazans. No Haqq sectorial can take all of them and they are amazing in terms of covering each others weaknesses.

Gotcha, it's not so much a combo as it is access to all the good toys. And swarms of Naffatun are the best thing.

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
Hells yeah, cheaper than Ghulams and way way better equipped IMO. Naffatun own zone.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
Had a distinctly unfortunate game tonight; my opponent brought his shiny newly painted Djanbazan Lt ready to even the odds against my TO Camo and ODDs, turn 1 order 1 brings it up to shoot my Proxy sniper and proceeds to roll 19, 19, 20 to hit. The sniper takes an ARO to fire back and promptly crits the Djanbazan with a DA shot, who then failed his other save and went from "alive" to "dead" without achieving anything.

Command passed in the Haqqislam force to a Janissary, who decided to try and avenge his former commander by opening up with a HMG at the now-revealed Proxy.

He rolled 4 misses, and took a Double-Action round to the face to fall unconscious. When the same thing happened to a Ghulam shortly afterwards, we agreed perhaps this game was a non-starter.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I wish I had anyone to play in the area. I go through love affairs with this game every so often even though I only have a few models for it. Think I might spoil myself when I get my new job and by some Kaplan Tactical mercs since I love their look so much. Probably try to get a few of my friends playing again this winter.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What I ended up doing was buying two starter boxes and just demoing like crazy for anyone who was interested. Not to mention two little starterboxes painted up look awesome and are quite easy to get done. :)

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm tempted to do this too, but I'm also a Press Ganger and probably shouldn't double dip too much. I'm already having issues keeping my group active in Warmahordes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
For someone that has 30+ models in this system I have a fairly noob-ish question.

With regard to rules there is the core book and the free pdf, are these the same or is the pdf a stripped down version? Should I bother with the physical book? What is the Human Sphere book? Is it a pdf as well? Do I need it? The Paradiso Campaign. I assume there is no pdf. Is the book worth getting?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
PDF is all the rules from basic rulebook and human sphere except the army lists. Paradiso is rules + army lists + campaign and it's worth getting if you want campaign missions and/or fluff. Otherwise just print out the free PDF, add the Paradiso rules/weapons PDF from CB, and use an army builder. The two first books are for fluff and pretty pictures only, the PDF is much better ordered as far as rules are concerned.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Where are the scenarios? I have the PDF but there aren't any other than just a VP slugfest..

Second question: is the Sphinx as awesome in play as it is on paper?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Check out YAMS - Yet Another Mission System. 30 odd cards, each player receives 6 and discards 2. Objectives that run the range from scouting deployment zones to murdering civilians.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
In the "Scenarios" :v: and Infinity Tournament System sections. And yes, Sphinx is indeed awesome.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to try this system out shortly and need to perk up my terrain collection. Can anyone point me to some handy papercraft terrain suitable for Infinity? I've got 110lb card stock, a colour laser and two weeks or so to fill a table. Other than that I mostly have cities of death terrain from 40k.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

TKIY posted:

I'm going to try this system out shortly and need to perk up my terrain collection. Can anyone point me to some handy papercraft terrain suitable for Infinity? I've got 110lb card stock, a colour laser and two weeks or so to fill a table. Other than that I mostly have cities of death terrain from 40k.

http://infinitythegame.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14028-terrain-link-thread-20/

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

You glorious son of a bitch.

Thanks!

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
I just got two starter sets in the mail, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the figures. There's a bunch of flash, but the mold lines are really faint and easy to get rid of, on the places where there are mold lines at all. Have people tried pinning these? I want to, but the arms are so tiny, I'm afraid I'll just mutilate them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Most of my Infinity minis are pinned, you can do it, you just have to be careful and use finer pins for some points.

I've also rebased all of mine onto resin bases and it's a pain in the butt to do so with their tiny legs, but it's worth it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I usually just use epoxy glue. Yes they can be pinned, with a 0.7mm or smaller bit. I'd recommend pinning larger and/or fiddly models like remotes, Hungries, TAGs, things that look like "holy poo poo this'll fall off the moment I look at it wrong". Some (insane) people even pin PanO antennas :psypop: I draw the line at restoring Morat sniper rifle barrels :suicide:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I haven't pinned my PanO helmets but DID pin the little Bagh-Mari fins by drilling the spot they go onto a bit deeper and sort extending them with a micro-fine brass rod so they slot in comfortably.

I still don't use them out of fear that it'll break, Bagh-Mari are crap though so nothing really lost. :v:

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Welp, just opened the Steel Phalanx box, these guys must have been lifting and their arms will be MUCH easier to drill. Step it up, Haqqislam.

edit: holy poo poo, the Eudoros is even crazier. Well, I'll practice on these guys, should be fun.

MoreLikeTen fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 3, 2013

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I use a touch of greenstuff for gap strength with some zap-a-gap for quick assembly. Combined, they're pretty amazing. I don't think I've had any fully-assembled mini with this method break.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Corbeau posted:

I use a touch of greenstuff for gap strength with some zap-a-gap for quick assembly. Combined, they're pretty amazing. I don't think I've had any fully-assembled mini with this method break.

This what I do too, make a couple cuts with a knife on the joining areas, a little GS, and a little glue and it seems to hold extremely well.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

Had a distinctly unfortunate game tonight; my opponent brought his shiny newly painted Djanbazan Lt ready to even the odds against my TO Camo and ODDs, turn 1 order 1 brings it up to shoot my Proxy sniper and proceeds to roll 19, 19, 20 to hit. The sniper takes an ARO to fire back and promptly crits the Djanbazan with a DA shot, who then failed his other save and went from "alive" to "dead" without achieving anything.

Command passed in the Haqqislam force to a Janissary, who decided to try and avenge his former commander by opening up with a HMG at the now-revealed Proxy.

He rolled 4 misses, and took a Double-Action round to the face to fall unconscious. When the same thing happened to a Ghulam shortly afterwards, we agreed perhaps this game was a non-starter.

Remember that a TO proxy drops out of camo when it becomes the active proxy, so unless he decloaked, recloaked and then shot your guy, he could not have pulled that off. Your bad luck was mostly to blame, but that doesn't mean your opponent gets to do stuff that is not allowed.

A few games ago my friend's HMG Hellcat spent 5 orders over 2 game turns trying to shoot down a Netrod in my backfield, unopposed. It was ridiculous. Either he'd miss all shots, or I'd make all the ludicrously high saves. Wish we were filming it for a batrep.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ppft, that's nothing, once my Trauma Doc passed its WIP roll. :colbert:

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Remember that a TO proxy drops out of camo when it becomes the active proxy, so unless he decloaked, recloaked and then shot your guy, he could not have pulled that off. Your bad luck was mostly to blame, but that doesn't mean your opponent gets to do stuff that is not allowed.

A few games ago my friend's HMG Hellcat spent 5 orders over 2 game turns trying to shoot down a Netrod in my backfield, unopposed. It was ridiculous. Either he'd miss all shots, or I'd make all the ludicrously high saves. Wish we were filming it for a batrep.

I might not have been clear; I had the proxy, and as far as I recall the sequence of events was:

1) Djanbazan uses MSV to shoot Proxy, ignoring TO Camo. Proxy declares ARO of shoot, revealing its position.
2) Djanbazan misses every shot, Proxy scores a crit using DA ammo, Djanbazan fails ARM roll (taking two wounds and dying)
3) As a result of Loss of Lt, Haqqislam player declares Janissary as new Lt
4) Janissary activates, tries to shoot revealed Proxy, misses. Proxy declares ARO of shoot and kills Janissary.

If we did stuff wrong there let me know - I think I've got G: Jumper right (my active proxy was the Sniper at the time, and she was camouflaged). I began the game as reactive player - do I not start with one Active?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Just to make sure: You never have to announce who your new lieutenant is. Additionally, MSV2 does not let you fire at T/O Markers. What it does do, is after the model is revealed, ignore the -6 to BS to hit them. I believe it also negates the -6 penalty on your Discover rolls to turn the token into a model.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Flipswitch posted:

Ppft, that's nothing, once my Trauma Doc passed its WIP roll. :colbert:

We played a game this week in which we used 2d10 instead of a d20. I can't be sure from the one example game, but I think it made our doctors better. Both of us made a successful healing roll in one game, and the dudes saved fired the game finishing shots at each other, a Lasiq sniper clinging to a wall getting critical'd by an autocannon packing Kurgat firing in one window and out another over the police chief's desk chair.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Signal posted:

Just to make sure: You never have to announce who your new lieutenant is. Additionally, MSV2 does not let you fire at T/O Markers. What it does do, is after the model is revealed, ignore the -6 to BS to hit them. I believe it also negates the -6 penalty on your Discover rolls to turn the token into a model.

Every time I play this game I think I've got the measure of it and then realise I don't. I suppose the reassuring thing is I'm leaning alongside a bunch of other players so we all go home, check rules and compare corrections.

Another one I managed to overlook in a past game was "remotes don't fall prone when incapacitated."

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bob Smith posted:

Another one I managed to overlook in a past game was "remotes don't fall prone when incapacitated."

Now that one I didn't know.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Signal posted:

Now that one I didn't know.

It's split over two wiki pages:

quote:

An unconscious character is assumed to be lying down on the ground, except those unable to be Prone due to issues such as terrain, and can be indicated on the table with a PRONE Marker or by lying the figure down.

But at the same time:

quote:

T.A.G.s, Remotes, Vehicles, and Motorcycles cannot use the Prone position.

It meant a very odd situation that occurred where my opponent managed to shoot a Dakini and incapacitate it three times, then owing to it being in cover apparently not being able to finish the job because it would fall over behind a wall where a Yudbot was waiting to revive it. Had it still been standing up inactive, it would have been possible to shoot it again and probably finish it off.

In the end he sent a ridiculous amount of heavy firepower after the Yudbot of all things.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fix posted:

We played a game this week in which we used 2d10 instead of a d20. I can't be sure from the one example game, but I think it made our doctors better. Both of us made a successful healing roll in one game, and the dudes saved fired the game finishing shots at each other, a Lasiq sniper clinging to a wall getting critical'd by an autocannon packing Kurgat firing in one window and out another over the police chief's desk chair.
It's tempting, sometimes Doctors in this game depress me. I think it's a side effect of learning the game with PanOceania though.

Started rebasing my Corregidor and stuff today, starting with my new HRL Wildcat:

Is coming along nicely, MAS make some sexy bases.

I'm also slowly being converted into playing Tohaa as one of our players is selling his and they're lovingly painted and I quite like the minis. :negative: That'd be my fourth faction.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Bob Smith posted:

I might not have been clear; I had the proxy, and as far as I recall the sequence of events was:

1) Djanbazan uses MSV to shoot Proxy, ignoring TO Camo. Proxy declares ARO of shoot, revealing its position.
2) Djanbazan misses every shot, Proxy scores a crit using DA ammo, Djanbazan fails ARM roll (taking two wounds and dying)
3) As a result of Loss of Lt, Haqqislam player declares Janissary as new Lt
4) Janissary activates, tries to shoot revealed Proxy, misses. Proxy declares ARO of shoot and kills Janissary.

If we did stuff wrong there let me know - I think I've got G: Jumper right (my active proxy was the Sniper at the time, and she was camouflaged). I began the game as reactive player - do I not start with one Active?

I'm learning to use the proxies so I'm going to try and figure this out too.

Is it not the case that to 'reveal her position' the proxy is implied to be in hidden deployment?

If she is in hidden deployment she cannot be the active proxy; if she is or has ever been the active proxy she drops out of T/O camo (I'm not clear if she becomes a T/O marker or just a plain model but whatevs) and cannot return to being invisible - aside from anything else I don't see the point of re-entering hidden deployment once revealed even if you can.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 4, 2013

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hey Australian infinity goons - I'm running my tournament, Total Reaction, for the second year. The guy who won with an Avatar last year has promised to take Shasvastii this time, too! :v:

The worst part is I did a hella cool interview for it in Forward Observer - Then Paul gave up on it and didn't publish it.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

ineptmule posted:

I'm learning to use the proxies so I'm going to try and figure this out too.

Is it not the case that to 'reveal her position' the proxy is implied to be in hidden deployment?

If she is in hidden deployment she cannot be the active proxy; if she is or has ever been the active proxy she drops out of T/O camo (I'm not clear if she becomes a T/O marker or just a plain model but whatevs) and cannot return to being invisible - aside from anything else I don't see the point of re-entering hidden deployment once revealed even if you can.

There's where I've been getting it wrong. I was thinking you could start the game as a camo marker while still being an active proxy. Time to re-read the rules on camo markers.

That clears a hell of a lot of things up.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Do proxies count as "models" for the purposes of order generation?

edit: VVV Thanks. What about "models" for the purposes of combat groups? VVV

double edit: found it

quote:

A Ghost: Jumper only provides 1 Order to the Order Reserve of his army, no matter how many Proxies he has.

All Proxies must belong to the same Combat Group, counting each one as a standard figure towards the size of the group.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 4, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
You get one order for the Posthuman, regardless of how many proxies you take.

I think.

Edit: yes, this makes sense because your orders come from active models and the inactive proxies are inactive.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I love this game, I had an o-Yoroi almost wipe my 3 team of Riot Grrls last night, I charged it for a laugh with the last Grrl and she destroyed it in combat. :stare:

FEMINIST POWA, destroy all the penises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Right track/wrong track?

• Locked thread