Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This cyberbullying might be negatively affecting Jozy's form, which may be an unfair advantage if any of these bullies have him scoring 0 goals in the Jozy Altislore Challenge. Very troubling, would like the OP to weigh in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

T. Finninho posted:

ephex insisted Jozy blocked him for it but I saw the reply with my very own eyes earlier today. I don't know who to believe

same!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't feel bad for Jozy. He's being paid millions of pounds to play football. And he's poo poo at it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

don't feed the trolls jozy

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
TBH i lost all respect for Jozy when he went to Honolulu to help out after that tsnuami and it turned out he was staying in a five star hotel on the unaffected side of the island.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Destroy My Sweater posted:

don't feed the trolls jozy

He keeps feeding himself ffs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

What was the picture Ephex sent?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

vyelkin posted:

A picture of a ball being controlled at ones feet, something Jozy has never seen before lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

vyelkin posted:

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Pissflaps posted:

TBH i lost all respect for Jozy when he went to Honolulu to help out after that tsnuami and it turned out he was staying in a five star hotel on the unaffected side of the island.

You can stay in a 5-star across the island and still help. Was there more to this?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

porkface posted:

You can stay in a 5-star across the island and still help. Was there more to this?

Haha come on. Anyway, since no one answered my question I had to go and check Wikipedia and it turns out Jozy did score a cup goal while at Hull. Makes you think.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
peep those tweets again :D

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Apparently the problem was the twitter app, I couldn't access anything and thought he blocked me.

I'm now looking at those tweets in Chrome and doing several lols and lmaos.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Pissflaps posted:

It's amusing reading the contributions from Americans on the Sunderland message board about Jozy.

It's also informative to read a quote from a Hull City fan on the subject on the same board:

so at least it's not just here that this happens.

lol this happened when Kenny Cooper signed for Plymouth (he was real bad) (prob our worst signing in 125 years). the US 'fans' were unable to see a single minute of televised Argyle football but were certain that if he was playing poorly it was only because he couldn't motivate himself to play at a level so beneath him.

imagine spending hours of your free time bigging up terrible players on the forums of clubs you'd never previously heard of because they were from the same country as you, even though neither of you chose it.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

At this point in time, I have as many premier league goals this season as a professional and millionaire

Makes me think

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Babby Thatcher posted:

imagine spending hours of your free time bigging up terrible players on the forums of clubs you'd never previously heard of because they were from the same country as you, even though neither of you chose it.

I can't because I live in a proper footballing country (with a poo poo league tho)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
A Jozys hatrick against Manchester United that results in Moyes getting sacked would be delicious.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Adulterous Hitler posted:

A Jozys hatrick against Manchester United that results in Moyes getting sacked would be delicious.

Or maybe a hat trick of Jozy own goals that leads to Moyes keeping the job for years to come?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Jozy can only bring us joy, no matter what he does.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

tetsman posted:

Jozy can only bring us joy, no matter what he does.

He's the footballing equivalent of your posts.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Adulterous Hitler posted:

He's the footballing equivalent of your posts.

cheers pal looks great

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
If Jozy is available and scores this weekend for Sunderland, this subforum and thread will explode

Pissflaps will eat a celebratory Parmo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Jozy scoring and Moyes losing? I'm licking and/or smacking my lips already.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
The stage is set, now jozy must finally deliver.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Dunban posted:

Jozy scoring and Moyes losing? I'm licking and/or smacking my lips already.

It's some lip smacking stuff for sure

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still hold by my prediction of 14 goals.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
jozy is as good as benteke except he doesnt score or have as much skill but he is American so, yeah they are equals.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Jozy will either score a hat trick today or injure himself tripping over the ball, there is no in between

That said I stand by my prediction of no goals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I always believed in you, Jozy.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

oliwan posted:

I still hold my prediction he will not even score half if that.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

vyelkin posted:

Just as I always suspected, Jozy Altidore is better suited to life as a thug than a professional footballer.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

vyelkin posted:

garth knows his stuff. vidic hasn't been the same since his injuries and now he's getting barry hayles'd by perhaps the worst striker in the division. sad to see.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

oliwan posted:

He was good in the Eredivisie lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If only jozy was playing for Barcelona

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

If only jozy was playing for Barcelona

He'd be 30 lbs. lighter and pressing full on for 90 minutes and then he'd die of cancer

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Super Danny Kedwell put more goals past MK Dons than Jozy

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

What an all around terrible footballer

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Can someone post bigsoccers increasingly insane rationalizations for Jozy today

We would be able to read them here but they aren't allowed to post about him in the USAMNT thread anymore lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Is he bad?

• Locked thread