Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
You know, one of these days, I might actually be on at the right time and paying enough attention, and I might play with you!

Instead, I just see you on my scoreboards. :D

It's actually good I haven't played with anyone lately, I've only recently tried to play bass/guitar again since I got my new tv, and I forgot about calibration until I started doing horribly. :downs:

I also don't mind new friends on PSN (Quinctia), but I do spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get high on vocal leaderboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 releases for October 4, 2013:

New! Cyndi Lauper Pack C01
  • Cyndi Lauper - "All Through the Night" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" (farottone)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "Time After Time" (RyanHYK)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "True Colors" (farottone)
New! iwrestledabearonce Pack C01 (Gigakoops)
  • iwrestledabearonce - "Danger in the Manger"
  • iwrestledabearonce - "Ulrich Firelord: Breaker of Mountains"
  • iwrestledabearonce - "You Know That Ain’t Them Dogs’ Real Voices"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Fantastic. I never would have expected to see some Lauper, let alone an awesome pack of it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

pksage posted:

C3 releases for October 4, 2013:

New! Cyndi Lauper Pack C01
  • Cyndi Lauper - "All Through the Night" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" (farottone)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "Time After Time" (RyanHYK)
  • Cyndi Lauper - "True Colors" (farottone)
New! iwrestledabearonce Pack C01 (Gigakoops)
  • iwrestledabearonce - "Danger in the Manger"
  • iwrestledabearonce - "Ulrich Firelord: Breaker of Mountains"
  • iwrestledabearonce - "You Know That Ain’t Them Dogs’ Real Voices"

This is gonna sound weird but I genuinely love all those songs and after the Xbone comes out I'm definitely going to start doing this custom thing on my 360.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is gonna sound weird but I genuinely love all those songs and after the Xbone comes out I'm definitely going to start doing this custom thing on my 360.

It's not a mod of any kind, you just can't be on Xbox Live while you're playing Rock Band only. You just unplug the stick when you're not playing Rock Band, and it's back to normal.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Yeah, and if you're like me and never play Rock Band online in the first place, you'll barely notice the difference!

Only other possible issue is offline scores. You may find yourself moving/deleting the cache file from time to time when dealing with customs, and I think you might lose some offline scores from that? Others can explain better. I've been pretty cavalier about wiping my cache but I know some other people are invested in their scores.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
What exactly causes your scores to wipe is still poorly understood. As far as I know, anyway. The scores AREN'T kept in the song cache, but we think that RB3 might force a score-wipe when you do a full cache rebuild? If you care about your offline scores, try to avoid deleting your entire cache if you can help it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I don't care about scores so I'll be OK with that. :)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
What, no She-Bop?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Analog posted:

Anyone still playing this on PS3? I'm NotDigital on PSN and I primarily play expert guitar/bass, occasionally vocals. I've got a lot of DLC but if you're a perfectionist no need to add me because I'm not interested - I play purely for fun, occasionally intoxicated. If you're looking for the same feel free to add me.

This reminds me, anyone on Xbox who wants another friend for scoreboards on Blitz/Pro Guitar-Bass/Pro Keys/Guitar/Harmonies, I finally plopped down to change my gamertag. It's now ORANGE HARRlSON (with a lower-case "L" standing in for "I" because "Orange Harrison" and variations are being squatted. I'm not god's gift to Blitz or anything but I can consistently top-10 lots of DLC (and hold a 1st place sweep of Jerry Naylor's catalogue, but that's RBN.):cool:

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

This weekend I finally took the time to set up customs and they're amazing and fun and all of you customs authors are the best.

Also, they're way easier than Rock Band Harmony Project upgrades to set up, so there's really no excuse for everybody not to ride the customs train ('n ride it, choo choo).

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
One of my songs in the upcoming October 18 megapack is a masterpiece. My magnum opus. My Sistene Chapel ceiling. It is the Breaking Bad of my authoring career to date.

Basically, I'm saying 1) god how did it take so loving long to author this sub-5-minute song and 2) the October 18 pack is gonna be awesome.

edit: Also, I authored all of this Friday's "centerpiece" songs (you'll see what I mean), and I expect to get the full weight of the internet's "ugh nothing for me this week your song choices are really going downhill".

pksage fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 7, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
An 18-pack? Oh you do spoil us :haw:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
haha oh man. So there's a date now. 11-song pack... not in Rock Band proper... I don't suppose you could spill whether or not it's a band currently represented in the C3 database? :kiddo:

Between that and Orange Harrison's upcoming Beatle pack, I'm really excited about upcoming customs. Who knew that the end RB3 support would be so awesome?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I'm not giving any hints about the October 18 pack (and I hope OH/Nyx/etc. won't either), because you fuckers are too smart for your own good and would figure it out. It might be a 12-pack if I can finish another song in time, because several of RB's best megapacks were 12-packs, and it's an iconic number. Also this final song totally belongs in the pack and would be a glaring omission if it wasn't there.

And I'm super glad you guys have embraced customs. Seeing positive comments every week is what keeps us going. :)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Random guess based on nothing other than people have been requesting it. Weird Al.

That, or a band a friend was talking about yesterday (that I have never listened to), The Protomen.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

pksage posted:

And I'm super glad you guys have embraced customs. Seeing positive comments every week is what keeps us going. :)
After playing through about 20 of the 90+ customs I added over the weekend, I have to say I'm really impressed with the standard of authoring. I was worried there would be some excessive-three-note-chord wankery to deal with, but all these charts felt very professional.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

pksage posted:

It is the Breaking Bad of my authoring career to date.

Speaking of Breaking Bad if you guys ever do "Badfinger - Baby Blue" I will love you guys forever.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

pksage posted:

We're just glad you guys have time to dedicate to this stuff. It's worth it to hear everyone belt out Separate Ways!

Also, I wish it hadn't taken me several hours to figure out why I couldn't put so many songs on one thumb drive only using Party Buffalo. The 256 folder limit is even in the C3 FAQ and I somehow missed that for so long. :v:

Edit: I remember this being talked about a while back, but did "Hardware Store" ever get a fix for the lyrics?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

Flops posted:

We're just glad you guys have time to dedicate to this stuff. It's worth it to hear everyone belt out Separate Ways!

Also, I wish it hadn't taken me several hours to figure out why I couldn't put so many songs on one thumb drive only using Party Buffalo. The 256 folder limit is even in the C3 FAQ and I somehow missed that for so long. :v:

Oh man, you just invoked Orange Harrison so hard!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

pksage posted:

I have to be honest in saying that very little of the stuff that's come out in customs is really my sort of music but gosh darn it if I'm not grateful that someone is continuing to release content for the best party game ever made :unsmith:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I have to be honest in saying that very little of the stuff that's come out in customs is really my sort of music but gosh darn it if I'm not grateful that someone is continuing to release content for the best party game ever made :unsmith:

I've downloaded plenty of the new songs. Not the brony stuff, but I was the guy getting excited for the Supertramp pack, Blurred Lines, ELO... I just love having more music in Rock Band, especially if I've heard it.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Apparently there's some new music game coming out soon and hmm a few of those achievement icons sure look familiar

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

^^Technically speaking, the guitar and bass icons were licensed from Fender, so HMX doesn't really own anything there. The microphone icon, however, I can't explain away. It's pretty blaringly stolen.

Flops posted:

Edit: I remember this being talked about a while back, but did "Hardware Store" ever get a fix for the lyrics?
Yes, it did. A copy of "Hardware Store" with corrected scroll speed and re-written harmonies was played a few times on Rock Band stage at PAX, each time to thunderous applause aimed at the singer, but that version of the song isn't publicly available yet. Keep your shirt on, I will push it through eventually; all the authors are currently scrambling to polish C3's unnamed 11-pack, including myself.
In the mean time you can still enjoy the "three bewildered friends are forced to sight-read it" video on my old channel.

Douwe posted:

Oh man, you just invoked Orange Harrison so hard!
I'm like the Kool-aid man except I yell "USBXTAFGUI" when I burst through your wall.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 8, 2013

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised there's not more Pink Floyd customs. Wish someone would get on that ball.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I really want George Harrison and Traveling Wilburys customs, Ever since the release of Beatles Rock Band and the release of John and Paul DLC on Rock Band 3, I hoped that Ringo and George would have their moment to shine. Yet it never happened, Dhani Harrison failed us, but hopefully the community can fix this

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

bpc908 posted:

I really want George Harrison and Traveling Wilburys customs, Ever since the release of Beatles Rock Band and the release of John and Paul DLC on Rock Band 3, I hoped that Ringo and George would have their moment to shine. Yet it never happened, Dhani Harrison failed us, but hopefully the community can fix this

I know this will sound like a "my uncle works at Nintendo" tall tale, but someone from HMX told me Dhani's involvement was pretty minimal and superficial, and then he went on to take all sorts of credit for things he barely/never touched.

Also one internet detective speculated to my inbox that I am Dhani Harrison, by a combination of my username, my closeness to some HMX folks, apparent access to Beatles master tracks, and it turns out Dhani and I have the same birthday. An excellent conspiracy theory, but ultimately untrue.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Orange Harrison posted:

I know this will sound like a "my uncle works at Nintendo" tall tale, but someone from HMX told me Dhani's involvement was pretty minimal and superficial, and then he went on to take all sorts of credit for things he barely/never touched.

Also one internet detective speculated to my inbox that I am Dhani Harrison, by a combination of my username, my closeness to some HMX folks, apparent access to Beatles master tracks, and it turns out Dhani and I have the same birthday. An excellent conspiracy theory, but ultimately untrue.

I'm onto you Orange, your trickery doesn't fool me :colbert:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

ixnay posted:

Apparently there's some new music game coming out soon and hmm a few of those achievement icons sure look familiar

I saw the game at PAX and the game features a Harmonix logo among the loading screens. I asked them about it and they said that they licensed some stuff from Harmonix, iconography included. The instrument icons are the same as well as the star rating system which looks exactly the same as the Rock Band games with a radial bar around the edges that fills as you score.

They tried to sell the game as a spiritual successor to Rock Band but aside from some graphics I can't begin to see how. The achievements makes it sound like it has something similar to the career mode of the previous games but they weren't showing any of that when I demoed it.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I guess that seems like a sensible thing to do when they already would have had to pay HMX licensing to use their 3D note scroll HUD.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

pksage posted:

One of my songs in the upcoming October 18 megapack is a masterpiece. My magnum opus. My Sistene Chapel ceiling. It is the Breaking Bad of my authoring career to date.

"Because I Got High" confirmed

Necroblashyrkh
Nov 14, 2004
hope u got :10bux: lol

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I've downloaded plenty of the new songs. Not the brony stuff, but I was the guy getting excited for the Supertramp pack, Blurred Lines, ELO... I just love having more music in Rock Band, especially if I've heard it.

I had never actually heard Supertramp. I'd only heard of it and somehow was under the impression that it was some kind of 90's alternative/indie band. However thanks to customs I now really love the band. They're better at combining prog and pop than Rush.

I've adopted the same approach to customs as I had to RBN, meaning I try to listen to every song they put out if I don't know or recognize it and decide whether I like it enough to download (which considering the songs are now free tends to be a very lax appraisal :)).

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Necroblashyrkh posted:

I had never actually heard Supertramp. I'd only heard of it and somehow was under the impression that it was some kind of 90's alternative/indie band. However thanks to customs I now really love the band. They're better at combining prog and pop than Rush.
You might have been thinking of Superchunk. They're also great.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Add Supergrass and Superdrag to this and it starts to get confusing!

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Abu Dave posted:

I'm surprised there's not more Pink Floyd customs. Wish someone would get on that ball.

Yuuuuuup. I got plenty of drums customs, but I would really like to see some more full-band customs of Floyd.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for October 11, 2013:

New! (Arguably) Indie 3-pack (pksage)
  • Ben Folds - "Zak and Sara"
  • Jukebox the Ghost - "Hold It In"
  • Metric - "Gimme Sympathy"
FtV: Hair Metal Days 4-pack (farottone)
  • Europe - "Carrie"
  • Mötley Crüe - "Home Sweet Home"
  • Quiet Riot - "Cum On Feel the Noize"
  • Skid Row - "18 and Life"

We also released a 4-pack of original songs by one of our authors, but it's GHtunes-y and probably not of interest to SA.

Here's the first release of three consecutive weeks that have been taking up all of my authoring time! I think all three of my songs are pretty fun and you should get them. I had to reconstruct Gimme Sympathy's mix from a package of like 70 individual stems, and it kind of sucks, but it should be good enough for most people. The main downside is the snare and kicks not being punchy enough. TrojanNemo has been pulling an Orange Harrison and doing audio magic to our songs to split out stems, so Zak and Sara has a karaoke stem and Hold It In has full multitracks. Sweet!

The hair metal pack is obviously a must-have too. Power Ballads R Us.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Ben Folds yessssss

Are the claps charted after "because at home they got her smacked"? :colbert:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Ben Folds yessssss

Are the claps charted after "because at home they got her smacked"? :colbert:

No I'm a failure :eng99:

(I didn't want it to end up like that one Fratellis song where you start clapping a millisecond after the previous vocals tube ends.)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Hahahaha much appreciated. Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Holy crap I picked a good time to get into customs because that indie pack is basically made for me! "Gimme Sympathy" is just an unbelievably great song and I always hoped we would get it in the wake of "Combat Baby."

Also: Power ballads rule.

• Locked thread