Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Whats the go-to Bradygames style guide/website for GTA:O?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

iRend posted:

Just had a bike race with pubbies, beat everyone by 30 seconds+. There was a level 55 in there who i guess has never figured out that RB = go fast.

What? is this why that huge triathalon was so loving hard?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

subroc posted:

Nope. I was playing fine an hour ago, then I had to leave to run some errands. I just got back and my character is deleted. Oh well. I guess I should go ahead and finish the single player anyways..

Holy poo poo this is still happening? I was trying to get a decent answer out of support but it's nothing but the same canned response copied every time. I thought they had everything sorted and were in "let's see if we can get stuff back phase. " Do they really not have any backups anywhere? My phone ate all my text messages this morning but I had a backup and ended up losing only a few texts overall.

Maybe they can just solve all the problems, say "that was a beta test" and reset everything.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Coldforge posted:

Yessir. Bought myself a Buzzard.

Who give that particular jewel of a mission out?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Some dude earlier today was talking poo poo about my Issi in a race. I beat him by 45 seconds in a 1:30~ length race.

Eat poo poo Issi Haters.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dan Didio posted:

Some guy tried to drive by me on a motorbike and sprayed my car with an uzi and I didn't shoot back or ram anyone and the cops came after me. They really don't gently caress around.

Well obviously they wanted you in for questioning!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, the ambient soundtrack during deathmatches is so cool that why would I ever want to have the radio on?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

GruntyThrst posted:

Who give that particular jewel of a mission out?

Martin, it's called Mixed With Coke or something to that effect.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Rooftop Rumble, available at 75, gives $25,000 a time and can be completed in 30 seconds.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Chim posted:

how do you buy cigarettes and beer in gta online?

You know those convenience stores, liquor stores and gas stations that are so fun to knock over?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

TheOne posted:

Last night I had a lot of fun with some goons, we grinded duct a bit, the host had auto aim off so it was a lot harder but really rewarding. I still cant find the place to make a private online game with friends and crew on ps3, I swear ive looked in every screen I must just be missing it. I also don't like the fact that after I enter an online game with auto aim off, its stays off so I enter a new server now everyone 1 shots me well I try to properly aim.

I also made the mistake of telling a bunch of the people I played with to friend request me when I had a full list, my bad guys. Add me now I made some spots

Im on ps3 - Eskimo-bob

That free-aim master race host was me. Fun times dude.

Spent a good part of an hour farming that mission later on with three low level goons. I think it's a basic courtesy that when you hit level 15, you try and help some low level crew members into the mission for some quick starter cash and RP. With so many lost characters, and with toys and mission access behind level unlocks, it helps sooth some of the server woes and launch issues.

Got all the way up to level 22 in the end last night, doing job after job. Reckon today I'm going to freeroam mostly. Got a bunch of cash to drop on a sniper rifle and a suppressor. loving get in! I've also just been told that gang areas spawn on the map for me now, which if they are the same as the gang hideouts in Red Dead then they are one of the things I thought was lacking from the game. I guess armoured cars start spawning at some point too, so I can raid those rather than robbing stores. It's odd that the spawns are level locked (odd as in I don't know how that even works on servers with people of different level), but actually a cool idea if it all works well. I like the idea that the world becomes more rich and complex as you go on. Will only know later how well implemented it is, but in principle it sounds cool.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What level do you unlock RPGs anyway?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Pleads posted:

Well obviously they wanted you in for questioning!

They probably shouldn't have shotgunned me dead, then.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I need some cash because I'm a loser and lose a lot of freeroam fights that I start, can someone add me on PSN and grind some missions with me tomorrow?

"omgcarcrash" is my name!

Sure mate! I'm ceasarsalad(in), i'll add you right meow and we can grind some heck of missions tomorrow.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
So what's the trick to be able to replay missions over and over (like Violent Ducts), I know they patched it but I remember someone mentioning that you can still repeat it. And how do you get access to the Base Invaders mission?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

What level do you unlock RPGs anyway?

100 unfortunately, 60 for the grenade launcher

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

So what's the trick to be able to replay missions over and over (like Violent Ducts), I know they patched it but I remember someone mentioning that you can still repeat it. And how do you get access to the Base Invaders mission?

After the mission ends, you all vote Like then press R2 to restart. It might not show restart on the list, but just keep pressing it I guess, in any case it still works.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

After voting, keep hitting RT/R2 until it says restart.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

After the mission you vote and then flick the heck out of your right bumper. R2 or whatever. It won't give a prompt but will eventually say RESTART near your vote.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Since no one answered yet and creating giant piles of smokes and candy wrappers is amazing fun, you buy them at the same convenience stores you can rob.

Yeah be sure to load up on all the snacks & drinks each time you login. They're the only way to replenish health above 50% besides outdoor vending machines I believe. Sometimes they sell out but you can go to another store and buy more until your inventory is full.

You can eat/drink them by holding Back/Select to access the menu, then hold A/X on the "Quick Action" setting, or open the inventory screen and hold A/X on a specific item. If you just tap A/X your char will only take one bite/sip then discard the rest.

You can also hold both thumb click buttons down to perform "Quick Action" but if you need to keep moving it's more comfortable to open the Back/Select menu and hold A/X while walking with the left stick.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is there a goon server or are people just piggybacking? Ah who am I kidding, nobody has any control over online

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

If any 1000-1009 or PS3 goons are online and wanting to help me grind some RP, invite Mykonics!

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I got rolled back a SHITLOAD. loving R*.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

is there a goon server or are people just piggybacking? Ah who am I kidding, nobody has any control over online

I've been just doing Start New Session in the online menu until I find some goons in the server. Had a lot of fun with a server that was about half full of goons at the airport earlier.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Well I finally got to play online mode and I love it. The capture the flag missions are insane. Looking forward to playing with some Awful Company goons.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Holy poo poo I won a round of Top Fun as the jet! :woop: I'm getting better at not making craters I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just played Top Fun for the first time, got stuck with the jets of course. If only I had some bombs...

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

You know what's sad? You can't use your camera while inverted. I wanted to Top Gun some people.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tehsid posted:

Any 360 goons (preferably KROO) want to grind Violent Duct? Hit me up (GT:t3hsid)

Also, restarting missions is Right Trigger on 360, right? As I'm still not 100% on how to do it.

I sent you a message if the offer is still good. And yea the Right Trigger is the restart, after you vote for the mission. Just don't hit A at the end mission screen.

If anyone else is looking to grind Violent Duct on 360, hit me up. Gamertag is Wise Prey

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

gowb posted:

Sure mate! I'm ceasarsalad(in), i'll add you right meow and we can grind some heck of missions tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks, dude. I have a mic as well, send me an invite when ever.

Also, I've never played Top Fun and I have no idea what it's about but from what I can piece together here it seems like a lot of fun. Can someone give a quick explanation?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Top Fun has a team on motorbikes racing to the docks. They start out in the sticks, then head through the city. The other team take off in jets and try to blow them up. It is as awesome as it sounds. The jets need some early kills as once the bikes are in the city they get a lot more cover. Jets end up suiciding a lot, and it's one life per player. I usually recommend that you play without team balancing, and have more jets than bikes. A 3:2 ratio or higher is better, unless you have really skilled pilots.

Top Fun II has the runners in high end cars.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Where the hell did I get these three molotovs from!? I didn't even realize they were in the game!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Thanks for the sweet jeep, Merryweather.

ps yes that's your plane on the highway in Rockford Hills. :owned:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Parkingtigers posted:

Top Fun has a team on motorbikes racing to the docks.
Top Fun II has the runners in high end cars.
Top Fun III has the runners in stunt planes! I need to play that some more, only got a chance once and it was 2v1 where the 2 were total newbies to flying.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So I guess I just permalost my loving character so I'm just gonna play without giving a gently caress. You know what I love the lost though? Having to redo the unskiplable cinematic and the race. So to everyone going "hurrr just have just have fun" this is what I mean when I say the word bullshit

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That sounds amazing in every way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally got jacked at the ATM (the activation area for the ATM is so finicky, if only I could have accessed it a few seconds earlier...), and put out a hit on the guy. But then I ended up killing him myself and got the contract money back, but he had already deposited my cash. This is a weird game.

Also, is there any way to "sneak" when driving, or do you always show up to other players when you are in a car?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Pleads posted:

Top Fun III has the runners in stunt planes! I need to play that some more, only got a chance once and it was 2v1 where the 2 were total newbies to flying.

Really? That just seems like it'd be too easy. If the jet can't blow the stunt plane out of some open sky, loiter above them as they fly through the skyscrapers and rain missiles on them, trying to get them to suicide.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I have no idea why this is happening but my cars are multiplying.

I did a mission in my car, and when it was over, I flew a plane back to my apartment, leaving my car at the airstrip. When I went into my garage, my car was there. I went back to the airstrip, picked up the other one, and voila, two of the same car. I flipped one at LS Customs, saved, and left.

When I started a new session, not only did I have two of those Dominators in my garage again, but I also had two Phoenixes, and not even exact clones - one was from before I changed the tires out.

And yeah, the game's letting me sell the clones. The Dominator fetched 88k because it's all tricked out.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
"Join Crew Members" does not seem to work at all, and "Find New Session" isn't putting me in sessions with STRS or even friends.

Going to "Crews" and then trying to join games through members seems like it probably works, but is everyone using assisted aiming? Because everyone I try gives me the targeting warning.

I just want a free aim free roam with goons...

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Mine has been doing this, too, in both single and multiplayer. The first hour or so on launch day I had 3 copies of Franklin's default car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arrath posted:

Really? That just seems like it'd be too easy. If the jet can't blow the stunt plane out of some open sky, loiter above them as they fly through the skyscrapers and rain missiles on them, trying to get them to suicide.

Stunt planes are crazy maneuverable and can fly circles around the jet, so it's harder than you'd think. They have to go from the Sandy Shores airfield to the airport, though, which is a bit of a long flight even direct (I just flew up to the top of the sky box and the two newbie jetfighters never found me, eventually crashing themselves into mountains after I told them I was in a tunnel :ssh:)

• Locked thread