Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

dzarc posted:

I usually cap my sabnzbd at 5MB/s, this I can get consistently all day. But if I just let it go full throttle, it will start off at about 7MB/s before tapering off at around 6.5MB/s and stay there until the dl finishes.

Edit: changed mb -> MB to avoid confusion.

Well now I feel like I'm getting the shaft. Who are you using for usenet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Try to find a repost. Otherwise you're probably out of luck.

porksmash posted:

Try repairing/unpacking it manually before you give up hope. I've had things fail in Sab but work fine if I just unpack it with 7z, no repair required. Annoying, yes, but not as much as redownloading.

Okay I'll try this I guess.
Otherwise how can I just download some ISO directly and pass them to Sickbeard to be placed correctly and renamed? Is there a special folder or a script to run?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Le0 posted:

Otherwise how can I just download some ISO directly and pass them to Sickbeard to be placed correctly and renamed? Is there a special folder or a script to run?

Usually copying them into your completed movie folder works.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Le0 posted:

What you want is to manually post process the directory that contains your manually extracted file (and it shouldn't contain anything else that you don't want Sickbeard to process).

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

cornface posted:

Well now I feel like I'm getting the shaft. Who are you using for usenet?

astraweb, which is not even great. If it makes any difference, I usually only deal with 0-day stuff.

They recently "upgraded" Blast to 50mbps, is it rolled out in Houston? I don't think it's a country-wide yet.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 1, 2013

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

dzarc posted:

astraweb, which is not even great. If it makes any difference, I usually only deal with 0-day stuff.

They recently "upgraded" Blast to 50mbps, is it rolled out in Houston? I don't think it's a country-wide yet.

Yeah, they sent out an email about it in March.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed!

Now we have doubled the speed of your Blast!® Internet service, with download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps."

Who knows, I didn't notice a difference at all. I double checked that my modem was compatible and it looks like it should be.

Also, it actually said "Valued Customer." So lazy.

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

mmmm, black straight hair.
Meanwhile here in the UK I get 70 Mb down, about 15 up. I get anywhere up to about 9 MB/s sustained on Usenet downloads. Really can't complain since it seems like a lot of you US people get slower. The only problem is BT Infinity is a bit expensive but it's worth it.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

cornface posted:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Now we have doubled the speed of your Blast!® Internet service, with download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps."

Who knows, I didn't notice a difference at all. I double checked that my modem was compatible and it looks like it should be.

Call them up. Maybe it's not switched on for you. (They'll probably make you do a modem reboot)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I know when they upped my speed I had to upgrade to a DOCCIS 3.0 modem that could use all the channels they were giving me. The modem cost me ~110, but it saves me the $7/month I paid to Comcast, so I think it's already paid for itself.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

fraggsta posted:

Meanwhile here in the UK I get 70 Mb down, about 15 up. I get anywhere up to about 9 MB/s sustained on Usenet downloads. Really can't complain since it seems like a lot of you US people get slower. The only problem is BT Infinity is a bit expensive but it's worth it.

make the most of it, it won't be this good forever. they owe us this poo poo after the monstrosity that was BT ADSL and their bullshit caps

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
I have Comcast Blast! and I get advertised speeds in Seattle. I just got 58/12 from Speedtest. I've heard Comcast can be hit or miss depending on how much competition is in your area. The city of Seattle is about to light up a bunch of dark fiber which made Comcast give me 100/20 over the summer which was awesome but not worth the premium over 50/10. However, if my apartment building allows installation I'm definitely doing a symmetrical gigabit for $80/month

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm on Comcast Blast in Pittsburgh, and I've been receiving the advertised speeds lately. A few months ago there was a stretch when only getting 4-8 megabits down during evening hours was commonplace. Still loving ridiculous IMO that I have to pay $75 a month for a naked internet plan that promises 50 down, but it's not like I have any other choices for reasonable speeds and at least they've been delivering them.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Anyone with Optimum should sign up for Ultra 50 or Ultra 100, it's only $5/10 more and you'll get 50/25 or 100/25 megabit. They also don't throttle or cap like they do with the basic plan for excessive downloading. Just requires them sending you a Docsis 3.0 modem.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

gariig posted:

symmetrical gigabit for $80/month

gently caress me.

Yeah I have no other choice than Comcast. Also I suspect it will suck cause A.)Its an old building B.)Miami

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I get 3MB/s with their lowest tier? 10mbps 1mpbs I believe? I better get at least their proclaimed service levels because I can literally see their corporate tower from my house.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

YouTuber posted:

I get 3MB/s with their lowest tier? 10mbps 1mpbs I believe? I better get at least their proclaimed service levels because I can literally see their corporate tower from my house.

To get 3MB/s you should be on minimum a 24Mb/s service.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

cornface posted:

"Dear Valued Customer,

If you have a router with QoS settings, make sure you updated it with your new max bandwidth. My cable co upgraded me from 10Mbit to 30Mbit last year, but I couldn't get over 10Mbit and couldn't figure out why until I remembered that I had enabled QoS. Oops.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I recently had a problem with the SABNZBD web interface on my old-rear end iPhone (3GS with IOS 3 or something) where on selecting "everything" in the dropdown for history queue visibility, safari would choke on the thousands of entries.

I eventually got around it by opening the page and letting the phone sit all day. I was able to finally change the dropdown back to a reasonable number.

I know this isn't a bug and the problem is due to my obsolete device, but is there a way of fixing this problem more elegantly next time it happens? I ask more out of curiosity than the fear that I'll make this mistake again.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I don't know how useful you guys might find this, but I've always wanted to be able to see a link to an imdb page for a movie and automatically see if it nzb.su had it, using the imdb ID and the nzb.su movie view page.

So I went ahead and wrote a dumb little script in AutoHotKey which detects any time an imdb title page is copied to the clipboard (aka Imdb.com/title/tt(IMDB ID)) and automatically launches a browser window with the imdb ID entered into nzb.su. If that particular movie doesnt show up on nzb.su, the page will be blank.

So basically just if you see an imdb link that you wanna check it out, right click it and copy to link address, or if youre on imdb already, select it and copy it.

It can even handle dereferer links (you know the ones), as long as the actual imdb.com link is also in the link url.

Let me know what you guys think or any bugs/improvements.

I would set it up to work for dognzb but as far as i can tell, they dont have a movie view page like nzb (a page where you see all the listings for that one movie).

Also i dont know if nzbs.org or whatever has that as I dont have an account. But if you can give me the format of that link I can incorporate it. Or hell if you want the source code just let me know.

Download link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06078843802946745078

Virus scan it and all that if you want, but Its just a simple AHK script compiled with a butt ugly icon I threw together.

Gozinbulx fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 3, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've got sickbeard running with XBMC accessing the library with the Aeon Nox skin, but i'm having a pretty terrible time with the images.

Basically, the banner images in sickbeard aren't showing for everything and the preview season posters aren't showing in XBMC (they show a small zoomed in section of the background show picture).

I thought i could just delete all of the images and try and update them, but doing that didn't actually change anything and then i couldn't find an option to update the images.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to reset/fix this?

I basically want to show the banner images in the upcoming section of sickbeard whilst showing the show posters in XBMC.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hello fine gentlemen and ladies. I recently moved to a new house, where I now have Comcast. (I didn't have Comcast in the place before, but the place before that, I had comcast and email notifications worked fine.)

Anyway, the day I moved, I got everything set up. SAB/SB... all of it working swell. Except I get no more emails when my downloads complete. I didnt change anything. It's as it was in my last place (not Comcast, but it worked.) and the same as it was 2 homes ago (Comcast, but it worked...)

Any ideas what may be causing this? I tried a different mail server. (was using Gmail, tried iCloud (@me.com). Neither works...

Thoughts?

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Le0 posted:

So I've noticed recently Sabdnzd often says some Linux ISOs are missing a large amount of articles and cannot be repaired.

What's my solution to overcome this problem? I have a monthly subscribe with Astraweb and a block account with blocknews but that does not suffice apparently.

Try using the European server: eu.news.astraweb.com

bort
Mar 13, 2003

If you get an error adding shows to Sick Beard: "Unable to get URL: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=yadda+yadda&language=en", there is a fix here: http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12909&start=80#p57538.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

MrCodeDude posted:

Try using the European server: eu.news.astraweb.com

I'm already using this server since I'm from Europe but I added the normal one as backup.

I was wondering something, so I had these problems with sickbeard finding incomplete articles. However if I go on nzbs.org and search by end and then send to Sabnzbd the download works and it's complete. Is there a way to tell sickbeard to search for another file when it find incomplete stuff?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
DogNZB registrations appear to be open. http://dognzb.cr/register :supaburn:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Neat, thanks for the backup.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

Gozinbulx posted:

I don't know how useful you guys might find this, but I've always wanted to be able to see a link to an imdb page for a movie and automatically see if it nzb.su had it, using the imdb ID and the nzb.su movie view page.

So I went ahead and wrote a dumb little script in AutoHotKey which detects any time an imdb title page is copied to the clipboard (aka Imdb.com/title/tt(IMDB ID)) and automatically launches a browser window with the imdb ID entered into nzb.su. If that particular movie doesnt show up on nzb.su, the page will be blank.

So basically just if you see an imdb link that you wanna check it out, right click it and copy to link address, or if youre on imdb already, select it and copy it.

It can even handle dereferer links (you know the ones), as long as the actual imdb.com link is also in the link url.

Let me know what you guys think or any bugs/improvements.

I would set it up to work for dognzb but as far as i can tell, they dont have a movie view page like nzb (a page where you see all the listings for that one movie).

Also i dont know if nzbs.org or whatever has that as I dont have an account. But if you can give me the format of that link I can incorporate it. Or hell if you want the source code just let me know.

Download link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06078843802946745078

Virus scan it and all that if you want, but Its just a simple AHK script compiled with a butt ugly icon I threw together.

Instead you should just write a userscript (greasemonkey) so add links to nzb.su right on the imdb page. It would probably take five minutes.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Anyone on here use Astraweb?

Ive been getting a HUGE bunch of failed files lately, at the moment ive got stuff that sickbeard is picking up pretty much every night and im getting fails almost daily.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

hitchensgoespop posted:

Ive been getting a HUGE bunch of failed files lately, at the moment ive got stuff that sickbeard is picking up pretty much every night and im getting fails almost daily.

Yes, I am and I have no problems at all.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

hitchensgoespop posted:

If you are using the US server, try the EU server and vice-verse. Sometimes I will get lots of failed articles on one while the other works fine for whatever reason.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Tiger.Bomb posted:

Instead you should just write a userscript (greasemonkey) so add links to nzb.su right on the imdb page. It would probably take five minutes.

Actually i like it the way I have it only because I tend to find imdb links on other, 3rd party, sites and like to just right click and copy the link and have it pop up the nzb page.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Gozinbulx posted:

Actually i like it the way I have it only because I tend to find imdb links on other, 3rd party, sites and like to just right click and copy the link and have it pop up the nzb page.

That doesn't have anything to do with whether it should be a Greasemonkey script.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

The_Franz posted:

If you are using the US server, try the EU server and vice-verse. Sometimes I will get lots of failed articles on one while the other works fine for whatever reason.

Ill give that a go, cheers.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I've never used greasemonkey but I'll give it a shot.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

Ill give that a go, cheers.

I'd add ssl-eu.astraweb.com, ssl-us.astraweb.com, and ssl.astraweb.com as servers. No idea if that's overkill, but according to SAB's numbers there is a pretty decent distribution of bandwidth across all 3 so there must be something to it. Just be sure to dole out your 20 connections between them otherwise you will get poo poo on with too many connection errors.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Just installed the Mavericks GM seed last night and neither sickbeard or SABNZBD+ are broken! its a christmas miracle!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

porksmash posted:

I'd add ssl-eu.astraweb.com, ssl-us.astraweb.com, and ssl.astraweb.com as servers. No idea if that's overkill, but according to SAB's numbers there is a pretty decent distribution of bandwidth across all 3 so there must be something to it. Just be sure to dole out your 20 connections between them otherwise you will get poo poo on with too many connection errors.

Cheers all who made that suggestion, ive added all three servers and it seems to have fixed the problems.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I wrote a python-based Newznab replacement, since it was giving me a massive loving headache:

https://github.com/Murodese/pynab

It's purely API-oriented - there's no front-end and I'm not going to write one, since the front-end on my current indexer never gets used. No post-processing yet either, so Sickbeardcan only use its RSS search currently (which it mostly does, anyway). CouchPotato should mostly use it fine. Postproc will take me the weekend or so to complete.

Of note, bulk importing NZBs is hilariously faster with this than Newznab - a few hours to import the 60ish gb NZB dump from mid-2012 compared to a few weeks/months with NN+. Takes much less time to process parts, binaries and releases, too. Pretty much requires a NN+ ID to get regexes, though.

I only wrote the install scripts tonight, so if you try it out let me know how it goes - it could be horribly broken, but the limited testing I did seemed ok.

(I even tried to write it with a really nice OO-design and it completely loving failed because it increased processing time some 50,000x over doing it the quick-but-ugly way)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Murodese posted:

I wrote a python-based Newznab replacement, since it was giving me a massive loving headache:

https://github.com/Murodese/pynab

It's purely API-oriented - there's no front-end and I'm not going to write one, since the front-end on my current indexer never gets used. No post-processing yet either, so Sickbeardcan only use its RSS search currently (which it mostly does, anyway). CouchPotato should mostly use it fine. Postproc will take me the weekend or so to complete.

Of note, bulk importing NZBs is hilariously faster with this than Newznab - a few hours to import the 60ish gb NZB dump from mid-2012 compared to a few weeks/months with NN+. Takes much less time to process parts, binaries and releases, too. Pretty much requires a NN+ ID to get regexes, though.

I only wrote the install scripts tonight, so if you try it out let me know how it goes - it could be horribly broken, but the limited testing I did seemed ok.

(I even tried to write it with a really nice OO-design and it completely loving failed because it increased processing time some 50,000x over doing it the quick-but-ugly way)
Ha, I've been working on one in Python in my free time as well, because newznab is a trainwreck.

I'll give this a look later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Thermopyle posted:

Ha, I've been working on one in Python in my free time as well, because newznab is a trainwreck.

I'll give this a look later today.

NN's code is truly horrifying. If you want to see something even worse, check out nZEDb's lib/category.php :stare: