Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Belasarius posted:

There are a lot of skills that seem impossible to train up, like computers. Tips? Also first aid.

Deep in the labs, there is A console that doesn't lock you out when you fail to hack it, and you can grind up computers by repeatedly hacking every portion of it. Not sure how spoilery this is, but better safe than sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Computer skill books are pretty easy to find and you really only need a few points to get most stuff open. The only way I've found to raise first aid beyond 3 is to have a ton of bandages and just use them on every tiny little scratch you get.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Belasarius posted:

There are a lot of skills that seem impossible to train up, like computers. Tips? Also first aid.
Raid a library or a mansion with a library and try to find "How to Browse the Web" it should give you the first level of computer. There are two other books for going up to 8, i think. For first aid: "The Big Book of First Aid", it will give you the first three level of first aid.

They added tons of new books/magazines both for low skill and higher skill level in the new development version, so expect it to be easier to learn the basic level of most skill on the next stable release.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
"How to browse the web" brings you from Computer 0 to 1, "Computer Science 301" brings you from 2 to 5, and SICP brings you from 4 to 8. You'll have to make up that last level from 1 to 2 on your own, though. "The Big Book of First Aid" brings your first aid up to 3. "How to browse the web" is pretty common, "The Big Book of First Aid" is commonly found in sporting goods stores and military surplus stores, and the other two can be found in libraries.

Personally I'd like a book which teaches you martial arts skills, but I guess that might be too hard to code.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I kind of wish it wasn't so easy to just find books and read up to like 8 in every skill.

Martial Arts would be neat if it wasn't useless to have multiple styles. Maybe if there were like super styles like fist of the north star poo poo but I dunno martial arts just doesn't seem worth it.

Spaceking
Aug 27, 2012

One for the road...

randombattle posted:

I kind of wish it wasn't so easy to just find books and read up to like 8 in every skill.

Martial Arts would be neat if it wasn't useless to have multiple styles. Maybe if there were like super styles like fist of the north star poo poo but I dunno martial arts just doesn't seem worth it.

Well, zombies are already dead.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Inadequately posted:

Personally I'd like a book which teaches you martial arts skills, but I guess that might be too hard to code.

Martial Arts styles are actually invisible items in your inventory with no weight or volume and can't be dropped or transferred. The DDA team will likely rewrite this and integrate it all properly when they look over unarmed combat and martial arts.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was cooking a freshly killed bear over a flaming shrub and somehow managed to set myself on fire. Pain over 200 and all body parts down to less than one |. Most of my clothes burned up so suddenly I'm carrying 70-something volume and my capacity is 12. Staggering back to my vehicle, which is maybe 20 tiles away, a single wolf shows up. These little buttholes have kept their distance from me the entire game, especially when they're alone, but this one smelled the sickly gazelle and came right at me. No dice wolfie, I may be a charred husk but I've still got a shotgun. If civilization hadn't collapsed I could make a career out of touring schools and lecturing, as I am now a poster child for fire safety. All the unspeakable horrors of this new world couldn't do as much damage as my own carelessness with fire did.

So begins day 29.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Man, I just killed a crow because it was in the way and butchered it out of instinct. It gave me 40 feathers and six chunks of meat. That's more than a cougar, or a zombie brute!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Frog Assassin posted:

I was cooking a freshly killed bear over a flaming shrub and somehow managed to set myself on fire. Pain over 200 and all body parts down to less than one |. Most of my clothes burned up so suddenly I'm carrying 70-something volume and my capacity is 12. Staggering back to my vehicle, which is maybe 20 tiles away, a single wolf shows up. These little buttholes have kept their distance from me the entire game, especially when they're alone, but this one smelled the sickly gazelle and came right at me. No dice wolfie, I may be a charred husk but I've still got a shotgun. If civilization hadn't collapsed I could make a career out of touring schools and lecturing, as I am now a poster child for fire safety. All the unspeakable horrors of this new world couldn't do as much damage as my own carelessness with fire did.

So begins day 29.

One thing I learned quickly was that 'nearby fire' means 2 tiles away, so I never actually get next to the fire after I light it. Speaking of almost dying in a fire, my first character was too cold to sleep the night after I moved my stuff into the well stocked Public Works building I found, so I figured I'd light him a small campfire inside the room I was sleeping in. Never having lit anything on fire inside before I assumed the occasional grey 8's that appeared were purely decorative. Light the fire, go to sleep, wake up in an hour missing half a lung and nearly blind, I managed to escape outside only to quickly learn that the floor I assumed was concrete was, in fact, not.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strumpie posted:

The way most people construct usable turrets is to block their vision with something like boards so they cannot fire at the vehicle itself or you. They're still of questionable value, but I do like mounting the flamethrower on the back of my vehicle to set fire to pursuers. In the ^ vehicle menu you can also set mounted turrets firing mode.

I find them useless for vehicles; they attract everything in a huge radius and then run out of ammo and/or blow you up.

What I like to do is to just build stationary turrets and either turn them on to clear an area or to defend my home base while I'm inside doing poo poo.

All you really need for a 'vehicle' is a seat and controls, just put a turret on there and viola, defensive tower.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
By the way, has reloading vehicle turrets changed in the latest version? They used to be reloaded by dropping ammo on top of them, but now the ammo falls right through and I can't figure out how else to reload them.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Really wish they'd put a lower priority on the bloodstain image. Picking through the 60+ bloodstains after a large fight to find every corpse to butcher is very much annoying and a bit tedious.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Really wish they'd put a lower priority on the bloodstain image. Picking through the 60+ bloodstains after a large fight to find every corpse to butcher is very much annoying and a bit tedious.

I'm still using ASCII because the tile support is incomplete. It's actually currently impossible to assign importance to the layers that are displayed by tiles as nothing in the framework supports it, so until more work is done to support them and allow tile sets to have the level of control to display things correctly I don't see much reason to switch over.

In build news the latest experimental has started overhauling crafting by replacing knives/sharp objects with a requirement of having an item with CUT instead. The vast majority of recipes have had no change but I'd assume they will continue to switch over all non specific crafting tools to a similar type of system. This has the added benefit of clearing up recipes and making new items or reasonable substitutes not previously included in the requirements to be used. Hooray!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Also goddamnit, I got dogpiled in the school. 80+ Children zombies plus whatever else the fighting attracted. :stare:

Though I did slay nearly all of them before I went down. Next character can probably take over the mansion safehouse and dispatch what remains on their own.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My biggest beef with the nightly builds at the moment is that map notes are broken. They don't blink anymore so once you put one up you can't see whats under it, and they can't be deleted.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I just encountered the strangest bug,

I pressed something, I really don't know what, and all of a sudden all of the default actions return the 'unknown command' message, the strange thing is that this only applies to actions bound to the small caps letters, that is, if I try to fire my rifle with 'f' I get 'unknown command', however, if I press Shift + F to change fire modes, it works correctly. I tried restarting the application and it doesn't make a different. I need to fire my guns to survive this apocalypse dammit!

Also, how long does alcohol withdrawal last, it must have been 4-5 in game days where my hobo is depressed and catching a cold every five minutes, seems a bit long.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I just encountered the strangest bug,

I pressed something, I really don't know what, and all of a sudden all of the default actions return the 'unknown command' message, the strange thing is that this only applies to actions bound to the small caps letters, that is, if I try to fire my rifle with 'f' I get 'unknown command', however, if I press Shift + F to change fire modes, it works correctly. I tried restarting the application and it doesn't make a different. I need to fire my guns to survive this apocalypse dammit!

Also, how long does alcohol withdrawal last, it must have been 4-5 in game days where my hobo is depressed and catching a cold every five minutes, seems a bit long.

Turn off caps lock.

I misread, disregard me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Already tried that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drakenel posted:

Also goddamnit, I got dogpiled in the school. 80+ Children zombies plus whatever else the fighting attracted. :stare:

Though I did slay nearly all of them before I went down. Next character can probably take over the mansion safehouse and dispatch what remains on their own.

I was quite fortunate in that the first time I went into a school I had an LAW in my backpack, so I unfolded it and fired it into the horde which took out most of them.

It's really satisfying to get 40 or so kills out of a rocket launcher.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Already tried that.

Can you press ? + 1 to get to the keybind menu, or is that returning "unknown command" as well? Failing that, take a look at Cataclysm/Data/keymap.txt, I guess.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Penguingo posted:

Can you press ? + 1 to get to the keybind menu, or is that returning "unknown command" as well? Failing that, take a look at Cataclysm/Data/keymap.txt, I guess.

Both still show the default bindings, I don't get it.

Maybe I'll just unpack the archive again and try to copy the save folder.

What a strange thing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Strumpie posted:

In build news the latest experimental has started overhauling crafting by replacing knives/sharp objects with a requirement of having an item with CUT instead. The vast majority of recipes have had no change but I'd assume they will continue to switch over all non specific crafting tools to a similar type of system. This has the added benefit of clearing up recipes and making new items or reasonable substitutes not previously included in the requirements to be used. Hooray!
Since I implemented this - it's just waiting on the data now, we've got the list of what needs to be done and someone just needs to find the time to do it. It doesn't work on things with charges, but does on everything else.

Also, it allows the recipe to specify a quality level requirement as well - it is now possible to have items that are better than other items at cutting, and to have a recipe require an item be at least so good.

Of course, that won't be too common until the next part is finished - crafting with higher quality items will make crafting go faster and improve chances of success.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

Since I implemented this - it's just waiting on the data now, we've got the list of what needs to be done and someone just needs to find the time to do it. It doesn't work on things with charges, but does on everything else.

Also, it allows the recipe to specify a quality level requirement as well - it is now possible to have items that are better than other items at cutting, and to have a recipe require an item be at least so good.

Of course, that won't be too common until the next part is finished - crafting with higher quality items will make crafting go faster and improve chances of success.

Hey there GlyphGryph, I follow the GitHub pulls/commits and such and followed this particular change up to your forum thread about plans for the different categories and addition of the quality tag, good stuff! I was just posting for the benefit of those not willing to go through all the pulls or keep up with the latest builds to try and encourage them to upgrade.

On a side note Rivet-the-Zombie is of course a great contributor but someone needs to rein in some of his new crafting recipes, especially the recently added survivor suit and associated survivor equipment. It is far too powerful with storage and practically no encumbrance, so much so it's a viable alternative to power armour with almost non of the difficulty except for the absolute heaviest of combat.

Love his stuff, just needs a good round of rebalancing, along with everything else in the game. :rolleyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strumpie posted:

On a side note Rivet-the-Zombie is of course a great contributor but someone needs to rein in some of his new crafting recipes, especially the recently added survivor suit and associated survivor equipment. It is far too powerful with storage and practically no encumbrance, so much so it's a viable alternative to power armour with almost non of the difficulty except for the absolute heaviest of combat.

Love his stuff, just needs a good round of rebalancing, along with everything else in the game. :rolleyes:

I don't have too much of a beef with the survivor suit. It's definitely the best piece of clothing by a long way, but it also means you can't wear much else with it without incurring serious encumbrance penalties.

It gives you a big chunk of storage, protection, and warmth, but you can get about the same from a good set of clothes, with more versatility too, as you can strip down specific pieces of other clothing to adjust your encumbrance precisely, you can't do that with the survivor suits. They're also fairly hard to make which I think is appropriate.

I like having something to aim for, something to really try and make with regards to armor crafting, and while it's certainly very good, it doesn't really make you overpowered, it's just noticeably better than most of the other pieces of clothing you can find, so you want to have one if you can get one. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I don't have too much of a beef with the survivor suit. It's definitely the best piece of clothing by a long way, but it also means you can't wear much else with it without incurring serious encumbrance penalties.

I love the suit and I think something as simple as just increasing the encumbrance by 1 may be enough. The light survivor suit, boots and gloves have 0 with (fits) which is absurd for something with solid defensive properties and good storage. I was wearing the light suit with survivor vest and a kevlar vest for 1 encumbrance. :psyduck:

I love the idea, but it's not in line with all other clothing and increasing the encumbrance simply by 1 would help the issue. It may be a highly skilled craft designed just for you but that shouldn't negate everything negative. It would still be a great late game set and not prevent you putting on a backpack or an extra layer somewhere and still be an effective choice without completely overshadowing any other piece of clothing which it currently does.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strumpie posted:

I love the suit and I think something as simple as just increasing the encumbrance by 1 may be enough. The light survivor suit, boots and gloves have 0 with (fits) which is absurd for something with solid defensive properties and good storage. I was wearing the light suit with survivor vest and a kevlar vest for 1 encumbrance. :psyduck:

I love the idea, but it's not in line with all other clothing and increasing the encumbrance simply by 1 would help the issue. It may be a highly skilled craft designed just for you but that shouldn't negate everything negative. It would still be a great late game set and not prevent you putting on a backpack or an extra layer somewhere and still be an effective choice without completely overshadowing any other piece of clothing which it currently does.

Er, the light survivor suit has 1 encumbrance when fitted in 0.8. combat boots have 0 encumbrance but you can't wear anything else on your feet, not even socks, and the tactical gloves have 1 encumbrance at least.

If it has 0 encumbrance in the experimental builds then yes that's a bit absurd and should be reverted, but mine has 2 encumbrance base (1 fitted) for the light suit, and 3 base for the regular suit.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 9, 2013

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Er, the light survivor suit has 1 encumbrance when fitted in 0.8. combat boots have 0 encumbrance but you can't wear anything else on your feet, not even socks, and the tactical gloves have 1 encumbrance at least.

I'm running the latest build as of right now since the addition of the complete survivor suit. Every survivor item is crafted with the (fits) tag. The survivor suit has encumbrance 2 so with fits 1, the winter suit has 3, all others including the light suit are 1 so an effective 0 encumbrance.

I'm currently fiddling around with them and wearing both a light suit and normal suit with just 1 encumbrance for 100 storage and better protection than a kevlar vest. :cripes:

I can post the actual lines of code on the items if you don't believe me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strumpie posted:

I'm running the latest build as of right now since the addition of the complete survivor suit. Every survivor item is crafted with the (fits) tag. The survivor suit has encumbrance 2 so with fits 1, the winter suit has 3, all others including the light suit are 1 so an effective 0 encumbrance.

I'm currently fiddling around with them and wearing both a light suit and normal suit with just 1 encumbrance for 100 storage and better protection than a kevlar vest. :cripes:

I can post the actual lines of code on the items if you don't believe me.

OK that's kinda daft and yeah it should be put back the other way. The light survivor suit was well balanced I thought in the stable, if anything the heavier suits could use a buff as the extra encumbrance penalties made them kinda dumb.

Maybe have the regular survivor suit be the same as the light suit from 0.8, and make the light suit into a really light suit, with minimal defensive properties and instead it's basically just a jumpsuit with better storage and, oh, let's say 15 protection from bashing, 10 from cutting when reinforced. It could give you 20 storage or so and 30 warmth, designed to be worn under other clothing. The regular suit would overheat you if worn on top of the light suit, so that'd penalize stacking them.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
Yes, the stable is different then.
I was referring to the survivor gloves and survivor boots that were added yesterday as well. Compared combat boots or steeltoed boots they're incredible, they have 0 encumbrance and 80 Bash 90 Cut protection as well as 5 environmental resistance which is almost double on every stat. As for the survivor gloves and helmet it's pretty much the same story.

Way, way too good. I'd like the light suit to be 0 encumbrance with much lower protection, that would allow you to wear the survivor vest for additional storage or a kevlar vest for protection, or both if you want to go over 1 encumbrance.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strumpie posted:

Yes, the stable is different then.
I was referring to the survivor gloves and survivor boots that were added yesterday as well. Compared combat boots or steeltoed boots they're incredible, they have 0 encumbrance and 80 Bash 90 Cut protection as well as 5 environmental resistance which is almost double on every stat. As for the survivor gloves and helmet it's pretty much the same story.

Way, way too good. I'd like the light suit to be 0 encumbrance with much lower protection, that would allow you to wear the survivor vest for additional storage or a kevlar vest for protection, or both if you want to go over 1 encumbrance.

What? Why on earth would you need boots and gloves like that? Combat boots already make my feet basically invincible...

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Ideally the whole encumbrance system needs a rebalance, I think some of the penalties aren't granular enough, for example archers should always avoid any hand encumbrance since even 1 point slows down reloading (and therefore firing arrows) significantly. I think they ought to halve the penalties, double the encumbrance on most items, and add 1 encumbrance to many items that have none. This would also reduce the stacking penalty a bit too.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is so loving frustrating.

I've cheated myself the max extra points, I give myself 1 point in everything, I pick the backpacker, I pick the android, I take a bunch of cheat-y negative traits for more points. I smash everything. I get a crowbar / knifespear. I get a fire, I go to a house and get some stuff. I wait for night, I go to town for some more stuff. I run into a group of child zombies, a group of zombies, a group of dogs, a shrieker, a brute, a moose. I bleed. I try to fix bleeding and run away, I die.

I respawn again. I can never make it past the first night, I have no idea what anything but an apartment and a house look like, because any time I get close to entering say... A Gunshop, A furniture store, or a library Something wrecks me. Night sucks because I constantly walk into things, day sucks because I constantly get swarmed.

I know I'm bad, but it's just so frustrating because this game is what I want to play. It's the game I've been looking for for like... Ever, but I can't do jack poo poo and I've been trying on and off for a month now.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Take it slow, reset the world until you get a favorable town layout for your starting town, remember that you don't need that many supplies to survive the first few days and that your first priority should be scoring a good weapon and then ditching the horde. I highly recommend picking up the 'Quick' trait as it makes the early game much easier.

I also like just strolling around the country side away from towns looking for military outposts and bunkers, during nightime you can easily take on military outposts as long as you have a firearm. Turrets can't see you at night if you're more than 4 tiles away and their own lighting lets you shoot at them nicely from just outside their viewing range, killing turrets is still a viable way to get 9mm rounds which are good for killing anything except the toughest hostiles, pick up a few military ID cards and go raid bunkers. Pretty soon you'll be loaded with weapons, ammunition and explosives. See how those nasty zombies in town like you now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You should be sleeping at night. Don't go out at night. You don't hunt by smell - zombies, cougars, and ravenous moose do.

Also try to get some sort of vehicle ASAP. Maybe scout nearby roads before going into cities - you'll tend to find cars you can't use in city streets, but abandoned cars that just need fuel are more common on roads.

Finally, you're doing the "lure zombies into rough terrain and beat them to death" thing, right? Like, over a bush, or through a window, to make it harder for them to fight back.

(If it's still too hard, turn spawn rates down in the options menu. Turn them down to, like, 25%. Once you get the hang of things, start turning it back up towards 100% again. No point forcing yourself to play a single-player game that you're not enjoying)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

I've cheated myself the max extra points, I give myself 1 point in everything, I pick the backpacker, I pick the android, I take a bunch of cheat-y negative traits for more points. I smash everything. I get a crowbar / knifespear. I get a fire, I go to a house and get some stuff. I wait for night, I go to town for some more stuff. I run into a group of child zombies, a group of zombies, a group of dogs, a shrieker, a brute, a moose. I bleed. I try to fix bleeding and run away, I die.

I respawn again. I can never make it past the first night, I have no idea what anything but an apartment and a house look like, because any time I get close to entering say... A Gunshop, A furniture store, or a library Something wrecks me. Night sucks because I constantly walk into things, day sucks because I constantly get swarmed.

I know I'm bad, but it's just so frustrating because this game is what I want to play. It's the game I've been looking for for like... Ever, but I can't do jack poo poo and I've been trying on and off for a month now.

I would personally suggest not venturing into town at night. Zombies can smell you, quite accurately a lot of the time. So going in at night will just make it so you don't notice them until they're on top of you.

During the day, avoid going into the centre of town. Hell frankly avoid doing that full stop till you're geared up. The edges of town have houses and fewer zombies, which will give you some useful starting loot, but the centre is full of horrible super zombie types which will wreck your poo poo.

You need clothes for storage and protection, you need a solid weapon, and you need practice using it so you will do more damage.

Never fight zombies in the open because they'll wreck you if they surround you, use doorways and especially windowframes, as then only one at a time can fight you and they have to spend four turns climbing through the window before they can attack you. Make sure your encumbrance is not giving you massive penalties to attack and movement speed, you should be able to outrun zombies easily.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

It's not really a good idea to raid towns by night in my opinion, unless you have good equipment or the last level of the night vision mutation. Do it by day, it's easier to spot the zombies and not end up surrounded after you start making noise fighting and they all show up when you are bleeding (they can smell blood) or making tons of noise. Don't run into the center of towns too fast, start by raiding the lone houses around town and catch the attention of the zombies one by one. Also always always always always butcher or smash the corpses of the zombies you defeat or they will raise again. Use rags to stop the bleeding (make them with the ragged clothes on the zombie corpses). Try to find disinfectant and/or medpack for the painful bites. After raiding a few normal houses on the border of town, you should have tons of food and a decent set of clothes so try to walk around town to locate the ideal shops on the side, far from the center of town. If you can't find an easy shop to raid, go raid some sites far from towns, like roadwork center (tons of zombies there, but a working vehicle), a gas station or some other shelters far from town. Spend the night there if the area is calm and far from the zombie infested towns (or giant ants or mushrooms people). Also if you follow the roads or go cross country, you may find human corpses either drug dealers, scientists or militarymen on the way. Take the good stuff on them. Having a shopping cart also help until you find/build a decent ride.

edit: also don't drink "water". Only clean purified water.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 10, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Actually, drinking unpurified water doesn't seem as bad as it used to be. You only have about a one in three chance of getting food poisoning from it, and even when you do, you don't always vomit up your food. Purified water is certainly preferable, if it's available, but drinking from the toilet or the river definitely works in a pinch.

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
get parkour, fleet footed and quick and you can just run away from most things. The other things you avoid by looting isolated houses and wandering the wilderness. Once you find a scientist card go to a lab and shut the door if there is anything bad on the other side. bring warm clothes. get a shopping cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Belasarius posted:

get parkour, fleet footed and quick and you can just run away from most things. The other things you avoid by looting isolated houses and wandering the wilderness. Once you find a scientist card go to a lab and shut the door if there is anything bad on the other side. bring warm clothes. get a shopping cart.

Where do you find shopping carts?