Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This was poorly phrased. What I was trying to say was that your best bet is using the guy youre controlling to sprint between the cross and target. Just like in 13, if you're trying to switch when a cross or through ball is coming in you've already lost the biggest battle.

Also, I built a france/ligue 1 team with Cavani and Remy up front and lol those players are overpowered.

Edit: there was a patch? Really haven't noticed any difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hegav posted:

The new patch is pretty drat nice but it seems like switching players after the opponent crosses is really broken. It always switches to your fullbacks instead of the centreback marking his attacker, loving annoying. I'm conceding a million goals.

Also this is a pretty fun and cheap squad. Jackson Martinez is a loving beast. 86 strength, 85 jumping, 82 pace with 84 finishing and 86 heading accuracy.
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1024111/

Only weakness is Bodmer so taking suggestions on replacements
Marco Verratti?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Just got the game, played a few games of FUT, second game saw me have two shots on goal (both terrible no-hoper efforts) but win anyway after my RW got a weak shot off in the 89th minute, it pretty much slowly coasted just above the ground towards goal, and the other team's centre-back hammered it in with a diving header. I feel that kinda encapsulates the FIFA 14 experience in a nutshell tbh.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thanks for the add, kcer :cheers:

Anyone up for some Mates games this fine evening?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

greazeball posted:

Thanks for the add, kcer :cheers:

Anyone up for some Mates games this fine evening?

Yeah Im on now.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Yeah we're going on now?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Apparently UT has a glitch going on right now where it isn't giving you coins or points for winning online matches, so beware. Single player seems to be working fine for UT, though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

kcer posted:

Yeah we're going on now?

Ugh, tell me you're playing again this weekend?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Apparently UT has a glitch going on right now where it isn't giving you coins or points for winning online matches, so beware. Single player seems to be working fine for UT, though.

Yeah I got hosed over on 3 wins. I think the glitch has passed though, I haven't had it happen since then.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I lost a win. Seems to be working now.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Soulex posted:

Ugh, tell me you're playing again this weekend?

Maybe!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Getting real tired of these goals:
http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/Tzen83/2014/video/173357824

My back defender actually cut inside to intercept the cross and then decided against it. The defender actually went and moved back away from the ball, allowing the other players forward to dive and get a head on the ball. loving stupid.

All of the goals this guy scored were from running down the wing and wildly crossing the ball into the box. All 2-3 of my defenders looking on or actively moving away from the ball each loving time.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

what is the xbox360, non-EURO, Pro Clubs situation/thread? I cannot find it in the armchair qb

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

what is the xbox360, non-EURO, Pro Clubs situation/thread? I cannot find it in the armchair qb

would like to know this as well

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Wow, this version is alot harder and I pride myself when I win a hard fought game on UT. So just right now I am winning a close game at the 80th minute and lose connection and get a EA servers not available message. I am finally able to log on and get that Disconnect message, BS

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aubameyeng is an absolute monster and I hate running into him, especially when he's paired with Mandzukic. He's just so fast it's tough to keep your defenders behind him. I guess I'll have to make a Bundesliga squad.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCCecjEZ37E

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

BigStu posted:

Wow, this version is alot harder and I pride myself when I win a hard fought game on UT. So just right now I am winning a close game at the 80th minute and lose connection and get a EA servers not available message. I am finally able to log on and get that Disconnect message, BS
Sucks about the dnf.

I agree with you somewhat that this version is harder. It's mostly the fact that you can practically drag down people without any fouls being called. I've been tackled from behind in the box several times and didn't get a penalty kick call. Same goes for just being able to completely mug people on any part of the pitch. It does make for some aggressive/fun games though, which was something lacking in 13.

Here's a highlight - Sturridge to Suarez loving rules:
http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/Tzen83/2014/video/173364813

That's beautiful. -Added to the OP.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 9, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah, it took me around 70 games to get used to everything. Now I am finally not getting man handled by world class difficulty. With sameish team ratings.

Serie B makes for a great silver squad too. I'll post that one up later.

I am actually really enjoying single player FUT ATM. The tournaments anyways. I'm in Div 4 for single and 9 for online. Online is because I am waiting till the patch comes out.

I totally agree about some dirty plays. Some I don't agree with either. I get shoved off the ball and move in front of the opponent to steal the ball back. Whistle is blown and they get a free kick regardless that I got body checked like it was the NHL and I barely touched him. Also I've had more than a few slide tackles get carded even though I got all ball.

Scikar got a card in pros because some dude rammed his nuts into the back of Scikar's head after a tackle. That was the only contact.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Soulex posted:

Yeah, it took me around 70 games to get used to everything. Now I am finally not getting man handled by world class difficulty. With sameish team ratings.

Serie B makes for a great silver squad too. I'll post that one up later.

I am actually really enjoying single player FUT ATM. The tournaments anyways. I'm in Div 4 for single and 9 for online. Online is because I am waiting till the patch comes out.

I totally agree about some dirty plays. Some I don't agree with either. I get shoved off the ball and move in front of the opponent to steal the ball back. Whistle is blown and they get a free kick regardless that I got body checked like it was the NHL and I barely touched him. Also I've had more than a few slide tackles get carded even though I got all ball.

Scikar got a card in pros because some dude rammed his nuts into the back of Scikar's head after a tackle. That was the only contact.

Taking me foreverrrr to get used to 14. Any advice would rule. I was Div 1 in everything on 13, still can't get outta 8 on anything this year. If I could return the PC version I would have a while ago, but god damnit I just want to have fun and be good again.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This version has more cheesy gimmicks than ever, it seems like EA just buffed everything to compensate for pace dominating the gameplay in 13. Exploit every trick you can like everyone else seems to.

It really seems to me like EA introduce changes without really considering how they might impact the overall gameplay.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

joshtothemaxx posted:

Taking me foreverrrr to get used to 14. Any advice would rule. I was Div 1 in everything on 13, still can't get outta 8 on anything this year. If I could return the PC version I would have a while ago, but god damnit I just want to have fun and be good again.

First thing is you need to find a formation that you can be comfortable with and be consistent with. For me, I used to play 3-5-2 last year and did fairly well (for the most part stayed in Div 1). I tried 3-5-2 this season and I think I only won 1 game with it. I since tried almost all of the formations and my favorite is 3-4-1-2. I don't always win with it but the amount of scoring chances I get have gone up considerably.

For Div 9 and 8, what worked for me is being aggressive in the mid field. I'm always tackling (never really sliding unless im cutting a guy off rushing down the wing) and getting on top of the guy before he can get his first touch in. Similar to 13, you get used to the timing and know if you'll get to the player too late. In these cases, I hold off and cut the angle off and jockey him. On the back end, I play it safe (mostly just contain them). If I see a guy about to sprint past my back line, I always select my D-man nearest to him and slam the grab/tug button to slow him down and give my other D-men time to get back and cover.

LB for me is the new LT (for 360). Within the first 5 mins, you can tell what type of player he is (most of them are either sprint the wing and cross into the box or arial through ball). The thing I look for the most is how much he uses the sprint button. If he's constantly holding it down, just take it slow, pass it around and allow him to open up space.

Pretty much all I've been doing. I haven't played that much this season but I'm 3 wins into Div 7 (3-0-0 so far). I can see it getting a lot harder though later

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Got bored of my Italian/Serie A side so built this. Need to save for about a month to get Hazard. Shame there are no gold Belgian full backs.

What division has everyone made it to? I've got to 6 no problem but need 2 points from 2 games to survive my first season. Got to and won division one no problem last season.

gibsonisacripple fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 9, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

gibsonisacripple posted:

What division has everyone made it to? I've got to 6 no problem but need 2 points from 2 games to survive my first season. Got to and won division one no problem last season.

I made it to 5 last night. Six was the first time I ran into more than one player that was legitimately better than me, so I'm assuming I'll stop getting promoted on the first try in 5. I guess I'll probably end up in division 2 or 3.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

gibsonisacripple posted:

Got bored of my Italian/Serie A side so built this. Need to save for about a month to get Hazard. Shame there are no gold Belgian full backs.

I don't play FUT but I am in div 6 currently and I only failed to win the div 7 title. I'm 2W 2L in 6 right now so I should be in 5 soon. This is on PC though. I ended in div 2 on 13 so I'm hoping to make it to the top for once.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

gibsonisacripple posted:

Haha, I am in the process of making a team super similar. I am going with Belgian/German PL squad (3-5-2 because no fullbacks) with courtois at keeper. I am about one day away from Hazard.. How do you like in-form lukaku? My final two pieces will be Ozil and Kompany.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Bundesliga seems worse in this year's FUT compared to last. The reasonable LW options Ribery and Reus both cost a fortune compared to Schürrle last year. Best LB is still Alaba by far, his price went from less than 2000 in 13 to more than 40,000 now. Gundogan 2500 to 38,000.

La Liga has improved. Just from my current team Diego Costa, Koke, Arda Turan, Ander Herrera, Inigo Martinez and Thibault Courtois have all been (significantly) upgraded from last year. Costa is 10k-15,000 depending on platform, Courtois ~5000, less for the rest.

edit, TOTW, Januzaj on bench

ragle fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 9, 2013

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Has the patch affected the real game or just that stupid loving card game?

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Haha, I am in the process of making a team super similar. I am going with Belgian/German PL squad (3-5-2 because no fullbacks) with courtois at keeper. I am about one day away from Hazard.. How do you like in-form lukaku? My final two pieces will be Ozil and Kompany.

Just made the team at work today so not tried him yet. Played against someone last night with the same strike force and got beat 4-1 which inspired me to make the team.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

ragle posted:

edit, TOTW, Januzaj on bench

I had Neymar in a pack like 10 minutes ago and came here to brag and now i'm kinda sad

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ragle posted:

Bundesliga seems worse in this year's FUT compared to last. The reasonable LW options Ribery and Reus both cost a fortune compared to Schürrle last year. Best LB is still Alaba by far, his price went from less than 2000 in 13 to more than 40,000 now. Gundogan 2500 to 38,000.

La Liga has improved. Just from my current team Diego Costa, Koke, Arda Turan, Ander Herrera, Inigo Martinez and Thibault Courtois have all been (significantly) upgraded from last year. Costa is 10k-15,000 depending on platform, Courtois ~5000, less for the rest.

Serie A got downgraded, too. It looks like the BPL stayed about the same. Some of the prices really confuse me and i see a bunch of players who dont seem particularly great going for crazy money. Fullbacks especially seem to be overpriced this year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

im struggling between buying this game and not

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Serie A got downgraded, too. It looks like the BPL stayed about the same. Some of the prices really confuse me and i see a bunch of players who dont seem particularly great going for crazy money. Fullbacks especially seem to be overpriced this year.
Fullbacks are overpriced every year and Serie A is particularly bad for it this year because there's just so few out there: http://www.futhead.com/14/players/lbrb/gold/all/11/all/all/all/all/all/rating/table/

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

mynameisjohn posted:

im struggling between buying this game and not

If you have money to spend on stupid poo poo like video games this is a fun game about a sport you might like and worth it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

I had Neymar in a pack like 10 minutes ago and came here to brag and now i'm kinda sad

Wait a couple days and the price will go up cause you can't get normal Neymar till this totw is over.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/media/PC/zkjellberg/2014/video/172172955
Arsenal defending

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
We just haven't discovered this year's Gundogan yet. Once more people have time to gently caress around with random players we won't find those bargain players. It's a cyclical thing.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

We just haven't discovered this year's Gundogan yet. Once more people have time to gently caress around with random players we won't find those bargain players. It's a cyclical thing.

It's De Bruyne

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf
Here's my latest squads, I put together a fairly cheap Serie A squad:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=gMqdqN3TbgBm:360

Cerci on the right is awesome, Guarin is solid, the whole squad cost less than 35k which seems insane considering how decent the players are. I was trying to keep the costs down however if I like the formation and the way the team play I'll upgrade some players, El Shaarawy on the left, Vidal in the centre, Balotelli or Di Natale upfront.

My BPL team is also pretty good:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=d2ZZHQRybgBo:360

Suarez and Benteke upfront are unstoppable, Cazorla sets up goals all day long, not sure about Young on the left but I can't justify spending my pretend coins on either Willian (expensive) or Hazard (really expensive).

Next up I'll probably make a La Liga team, overall I'm suprised by how cheap the players are this year, apart from the super-premium players everyone else can be had for peanuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Serie A got downgraded, too.

Did Serie A really get hit that bad? They have some of the highest stats players: Guarin, Vidal, Maggio, De Rossi etc.

I'm currently in Div2 with my BPL squad but when I get around to making another squad I was definitely looking at Serie A.

• Locked thread