Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

80085 posted:

Can you be fat and a good striker? Fat Ronaldo wasn't good when he got fat I always thought.

I'm triggering so hard right now. Using Ronaldo as a strawman in a Jozy discussion, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegav posted:

I'm triggering so hard right now. Using Ronaldo as a strawman in a Jozy discussion, what the hell

I think he hates Mexicans and English is his second language, so please be kind to my MLS Racist friend.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

NinjaSteve posted:

He would struggle imo, its a very physical league and he's a big weak shithouse. Kevin Muscat would snap him in half.

Jozy is a one man A-league blooper reel.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The A stands for rear end in a top hat.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jozyalidore.com posted:

Get To Know More About This Gifted, Giving Soccer Star

From beloved son and international star to loving brother and respected philanthropist, Jozy Altidore wears many important hats in life on and off the field of play. And they're roles he embraces and cherishes as one of the premier soccer players in the world.

Altidore has blossomed into one of the planet's best strikers, currently starring for the United States Men's National Team and English Premier League club Sunderland.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Pissflaps posted:

:wth:

It actually stands for Awful

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Does he wear $100 hats?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

tetsman posted:

I think he hates Mexicans and English is his second language, so please be kind to my MLS Racist friend.

Actually a USA fan bought this avatar for me because I wanted Mexico to beat France in the world cup and he was outraged. I love Mexico and they are the most powerful footballing nation in the world.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Pissflaps posted:

jozyalidore.com

I don't think that's a real site can you check your sources

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Pissflaps posted:

you secretly love him

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Does "premier soccer player" mean anyone that has played in the premier league?

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Feed the 'Dore and he will... uh, maybe that was the problem.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Clit Avoider posted:

Feed the 'Dore and he will...

Eat and poo poo.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
I continue to suppport Jozy Altidore and still hold firm to the idea and belief that he will suceed in his application of goal to back of the net. Hold strong Altigoal!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
This thread really needs a Jozy goal because I kind of hate it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth (nothing) I think this thread isn't great but I've seen worse in my relatively short time hangin around here

I think it's just the lack of Parmos getting to you. Little over a month left, you'll make it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

T. Finninho posted:

I think you should start banning one Jozy fan for every match he doesn't score. Would add some excitement, tbh.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
For every goal Jozy scores in this 2013-2014 Premier League season, I will donate 5 (just five) pounds to a charity of TRP's choosing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

For every goal Jozy scores in this 2013-2014 Premier League season, I will donate 5 (just five) pounds to a charity of TRP's choosing.

Jozy's Haiti water charity sounds like a good choice.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

R. Mute posted:

I think you should start banning one Jozy fan for every match he doesn't score. Would add some excitement, tbh.

It needs to be the other way around, you ban the creators of this bad thread for every game Jozy doesn't score a goal.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No it's a scam.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

You'd donate more by deducting £5 for each goal from a lump sum.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Angel Puddin posted:

You'd donate more by deducting £5 for each goal from a lump sum.

That lump sum is £5

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

80085 posted:

If you truly meant he would have scored multiple scores you would have said "he would've scored goals by now". Deep down you knew inside that fat strikers are not good strikers so you limited his goal count to a single goal. So all of this could've been avoided if you simply said "no" to my initial question of "Can you be fat and a good striker?"

gotta boost this, well done, top post

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It's funny to me that most of the "trolls" that constantly harass Jozy fans and the man himself are British; do I sense some jealousy? Gazing over Wikipedia's list of top England scorers, most of these forwards are completely unknown or playing for smaller teams like Nottingham Forest and Leeds. One name jumps at me though, and it's Wayne Rooney. No, I'm not joking, one of the least fit and athletic players in professional soccer has scored loads of goals in England. How does that happen? Well, look at his bio and you'll find out: he's been playing for almost all his life at Manchester, probably the best franchise ever in that country. Not only that, but he has scored nearly all of their penalty kicks, free kicks, corner kicks, goal kicks and the sort. You get my drift. Think it's not farfetched to say that if Jozy played for years in a team like Manchester he would have the same amount of goals as Rooney, or maybe even more, and even the Jozyhaters would agree to that. So the next time one of these "trolls" invade our safe haven, just utter the words Roo-ins, that'll be sure to send a shiver down their spines. For the rest of you believers, carry on!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I do love watching "Big Roo" bang in all those corner kicks and goal kicks.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

It's funny to me that most of the "trolls" that constantly harass Jozy fans and the man himself are British; do I sense some jealousy? Gazing over Wikipedia's list of top England scorers, most of these forwards are completely unknown or playing for smaller teams like Nottingham Forest and Leeds. One name jumps at me though, and it's Wayne Rooney. No, I'm not joking, one of the least fit and athletic players in professional soccer has scored loads of goals in England. How does that happen? Well, look at his bio and you'll find out: he's been playing for almost all his life at Manchester, probably the best franchise ever in that country. Not only that, but he has scored nearly all of their penalty kicks, free kicks, corner kicks, goal kicks and the sort. You get my drift. Think it's not farfetched to say that if Jozy played for years in a team like Manchester he would have the same amount of goals as Rooney, or maybe even more, and even the Jozyhaters would agree to that. So the next time one of these "trolls" invade our safe haven, just utter the words Roo-ins, that'll be sure to send a shiver down their spines. For the rest of you believers, carry on!

2/10, must try harder.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
For all us Jozy fans out there the legend himself has come out with some extravagant new shirts for his clothing line!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I hear the "17" is for the year he is next expected to score in.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

is that point his goal celebration I've never seen him score

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It looks like a bird shat Jozy over the front of the black t-shirt.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Nice meltdown.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

T. Finninho posted:

As annoying as this thread is it makes me look forward to Sunderland games which is something id never thought id ever say.

Jozy's will they wont they relationship with the ball and the back of the net, rivals late 90's ross and rachel at this point imo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder if Jozy will be able to score on Jamaica?

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

As annoying as this thread is it makes me look forward to Sunderland games which is something id never thought id ever say.

Jozy's will they wont they relationship with the ball and the back of the net, rivals late 90's ross and rachel at this point imo

Net: You slept with the corner flag?

Jozy: We were on a break!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder if Jozy will be able to score on Jamaica?

Pigs might fly.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I don't think it's far-fetched. Jozy can score against barely professional defenders after all.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

tetsman posted:

I don't think it's far-fetched. Jozy can score against barely professional defenders after all.

They have 1 premier league defender, that will surely be enough to keep Jozy at bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Smiley Face posted:

They have 1 premier league defender, that will surely be enough to keep Jozy at bay

He'll be marking a competent player

• Locked thread