Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

hubris.height posted:

oh good you found it

I didn't know what to post so I posted a real project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dr. Honked posted:

i just got two arduinos in the mail. gonna duct tape em to my balls

tell me how it goes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gardening is a holy endeavor and is an excellent antidote to 'too loving much computeritis' which seems to be pandemic-level in this forum

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Arcsech posted:

lol you can already buy all this poo poo for about $10 straight from china at fasttech.com

i went to the shitpost store today. i looked in the bargain bin and it was full of you're postes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

gardening is a holy endeavor and is an excellent antidote to 'too loving much computeritis' which seems to be pandemic-level in this forum

I'm running an extension cord out there so I can put my lappy on this little tree stump table and post while I'm at it.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i think im gonna make a really stupid ios app i got a good idea in the shower i'll keep you updated yospos

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

flood pastebin with yospos stuff so i can have it in the site

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Socracheese posted:

i think im gonna make a really stupid ios app i got a good idea in the shower i'll keep you updated yospos

I had a brilliant idea for an iOS weight lifting app but like most of my brilliant iOS ideas I'll have forgotten about it long before I'd even have a chance to think a oh learning how to make an app

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

too bad you need space for it! my wife turned our very small yard into a farm and hacked together a multi rabbit cage from an old play house and now most of our yard is rabbits and chickens and quails and there is poo everywhere! the chickens are cool they make eggs from your leftovers and the rabbit tastes ok but we've only eaten 1 so it's probably working out at a couple hundred dollars per kilo for the meat by now. the rabbits eat a lot of horse food

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

too bad you need space for it! my wife turned our very small yard into a farm and hacked together a multi rabbit cage from an old play house and now most of our yard is rabbits and chickens and quails and there is poo everywhere! the chickens are cool they make eggs from your leftovers and the rabbit tastes ok but we've only eaten 1 so it's probably working out at a couple hundred dollars per kilo for the meat by now. the rabbits eat a lot of horse food

yeah, but run the numbers for year 2. gardening/farming is hugely frontloaded, the payoff is over time

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

you don't need that much space. we only have 2 4'x8' beds and we get a lot of stuff out of that.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah, but run the numbers for year 2. gardening/farming is hugely frontloaded, the payoff is over time

oh yeah definitely, the sticking point will be wether or not it continues, killing rabbits isn't my idea of a fun time but either way it's kind of a hobby anyway hehe I'm not too concerned about the money

and right now I can hear chirping from the incubator it sounds like some chicks have hatched! it's cool because they have no where to live

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hubris.height posted:

been reteaching myself maths

dang this site is kinda addictive

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

dang this site is kinda addictive

yeah its p good and the videos are well done

but makes me sad how much math i've forgotten

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm going to start growing veg next year. i'd like livestock but there's coyotes. so maybe i also need a donkey and a rifle

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

echinopsis posted:

oh yeah definitely, the sticking point will be wether or not it continues, killing rabbits isn't my idea of a fun time but either way it's kind of a hobby anyway hehe I'm not too concerned about the money

and right now I can hear chirping from the incubator it sounds like some chicks have hatched! it's cool because they have no where to live

next time make balut :getin:

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm going to start growing veg next year. i'd like livestock but there's coyotes. so maybe i also need a donkey and a rifle

u need a pack of dogs capable of fighting off a pack of coyotes. i recommend 10-20 pit bulls

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
probably one of very few things of Asian food that really doesn't appeal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CamH posted:

u need a pack of dogs capable of fighting off a pack of coyotes. i recommend 10-20 pit bulls

teach them your scent by having them luck your balls daily

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

echinopsis posted:

teach them your scent by having them luck your balls daily

spurtin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don't jizz on your dogs man

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

echinopsis posted:

don't jizz on your dogs man

it gives them sustenance

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what a great way to show your dominance

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dr. Honked posted:

rabbits and chickens have coops AND are very easy to kill when the time comes

wife keeps talking about chickens but our back yard is like 20'x30' and i just don't really see how that would be comfortable to keep a coop and stuff without cramping our style re: lawn furniture and so on

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 9, 2013

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

the time is whenever youre drunk with some of your bros and want to show how masculine you r

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

man its getting dark out, it's about time for jonny to go hog fuckin wild with some electronics project

a friend and i are talking about trying to build a homebrew rov. we're both massively incompetent when it comes to that sort of thing, though, so it will probably be more of a project where we drink a bunch of beer and then break some electronics and cameras by throwing them in the ocean

http://www.homebuiltrovs.com/

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Trig Discipline posted:

a friend and i are talking about trying to build a homebrew rov. we're both massively incompetent when it comes to that sort of thing, though, so it will probably be more of a project where we drink a bunch of beer and then break some electronics and cameras by throwing them in the ocean

http://www.homebuiltrovs.com/

mm, bilge pumps

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

use a keg full of beer for the ballast tank, two birds one stone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I SO WANT TO MAKE ROVS

OH GOD YES

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
jonny if we make an rov will you program an arduino so that it automatically hunts fish, jerks them off, then steals their brain for us?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
On the gardening front, it is a pain to start it up, but my fall garden is growing decently, and I'm working on building some "convertible" greenhouses over two of my beds which I can hopefully pump a little heat into in order to do winter tomatoes or something.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

jonny if we make an rov will you program an arduino so that it automatically hunts fish, jerks them off, then steals their brain for us?

really i'd just need to add a fish-hunting algorithm to yosvape and we'd be good

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i was thinking about doing my Senior Design project about a plant lab like use led grow lights and hydroponics and automate the lighting and nutrient levels, it would probably be computery enough, if not i could use a webserver to livestream plantstats

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Socracheese posted:

i was thinking about doing my Senior Design project about a plant lab like use led grow lights and hydroponics and automate the lighting and nutrient levels, it would probably be computery enough, if not i could use a webserver to livestream plantstats

Some folks have done that, you can also install a 50-200 gallon tank to grow tilapia in and use the fish pooped water to fertilize the beds, while using the plants/beds to filter the water back to the tank.

for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBspR2p0YYM

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

really i'd just need to add a fish-hunting algorithm to yosvape and we'd be good

if you could make an rov that just puttered around and smoked fish out you would probably win a nobel prize or something

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

or just smoke a weed and play phish

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

a friend and i are talking about trying to build a homebrew rov.

i read this as "home brewing rov" and thought of a big boiler on wheels that chugs around your property brewing and dispensing beer

(c) sagebrush 2013 don't steal

Jonny 290 posted:

I SO WANT TO MAKE ROVS

OH GOD YES

try to find a high school near your job that has a FIRST robotics team, then offer to be a "mentor" to them with your programming and electronics expertise. they're always grateful for experts to help out, especially if you work at a place where you can say get them motors or machining time or electronics or whatever. you get to build fancy robots with a budget much larger than a single dude at home would have, you teach kids all about science, and the competitions are awesome like the homecoming football game but for big nerds

highly recommended. our team made it to the nationals and placed in the top 10% last year

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 9, 2013

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lets start the yosrov project

who wants to set up the wiki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

i dont know if they still do this but if you go to an elementary school book fair they sell a box full of electric bits for like $10, looks exactly like what's in that indiegogo, plus you give an elementary school two dollars.