Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
More to the point, the wait for new installments was more excruciating before the internet. Apparently thralls of fans would lurk at the docks in New York asking passing sailors from England the latest details in the gripping tale; spoilers, the character they loved died horribly. Ho ho ho! A small child, do well in a Dickens work? Preposterous!

At least we get our kung fu dinosaur resolutions without a transatlantic journey. This century is pretty OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Good show, Rich. I'm wondering if Tarquin is going to give chase, or be impressed enough by their dramatic escape that he just lets them go.

The whole point was to piss of Elan enough to make sure he will return and kill Tarquin one day. Trying to kill his friends does a pretty good job of that.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Yes, Elan. Yes they are awesome.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Was I the only one who teared up a little seeing the Order back together, kicking rear end, and riding off into the sunset on the back of a dinosaur?

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
I'm sure 50 people have the answer to this, but why is Haley flying? When did this happen?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Geshtal posted:

I'm sure 50 people have the answer to this, but why is Haley flying? When did this happen?

V had a single flight spell left; Haley got it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Flying rogue is the best kind of rogue. They should make it a habit and let Haley go all X-com from now on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Flying rogue is the best kind of rogue. They should make it a habit and let Haley go all X-com from now on.

Screw it, how hard could it be to get six [something] of permanent flight and just zip around through the sky for the rest of the strip.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

MikeJF posted:

Screw it, how hard could it be to get six [something] of permanent flight and just zip around through the sky for the rest of the strip.
Not hard at all, if the DM allowed fairly unglamorous items straight from the basic rulebooks.

quote:

Boots of Levitation

On command, these leather boots allow the wearer to levitate as if she had cast levitate on herself.

Faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, levitate; Price 7,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

quote:

Boots, Winged

These boots appear to be ordinary footgear. On command, the boots sprout wings at the heel and let the wearer fly, without having to maintain concentration, as if affected by a fly spell. He can fly three times per day for up to 5 minutes per flight.

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, fly; Price 16,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Back when they arrived in the Western Continent they were dropping about those figures on buying magic items, I believe.

(In case you were wondering, difference between flying and levitation: levitation is only 20 feet upwards, no horizontal movement, and you get a penalty to attacking.)

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

Not hard at all, if the DM allowed fairly unglamorous items straight from the basic rulebooks.

Back when they arrived in the Western Continent they were dropping about those figures on buying magic items, I believe.

(In case you were wondering, difference between flying and levitation: levitation is only 20 feet upwards, no horizontal movement, and you get a penalty to attacking.)

One of the Azure Paladins had flying boots as well, before going insane in the fight with Xykon, so they're in the game world.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rich Burlew via twitter posted:

I just drew a halfling riding a dinosaur, accidentally proving Ebberon was cooler after all.

Well played, Keith Baker.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Reading the latest strips I've been noticing how creepy Durkula looked, just staring at things in every panel looking emotionless. Then it hit me that it actually was what Durkon always did.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

greatn posted:

Well played, Keith Baker.

Hahahaha. Oh Rich.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Blackheart posted:

Reading the latest strips I've been noticing how creepy Durkula looked, just staring at things in every panel looking emotionless. Then it hit me that it actually was what Durkon always did.
Huh, I had the same thought, but I didn't realise the latter thing. I guess that's another indictment of living-Durkon as a character.

I'll throw out a random prediction: if the T-Rex doesn't get zapped or psioned or whatever, Durkula will want to snack on it in a day or two. This will further piss off Belkar (and possibly involve a joke about how Constitution drain lets Durkula drink more than his own volume in blood in under a minute).

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Two other things I noticed about that strip

1) V hitting all the pterosaur riders with chain lightning in a previous strip turned out to be important - the last few panels show the sky is clear, and Tarquin doesn't have anything that can pursue them.

2) Elan is so excited when his dinosaur chomps the other one :3:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Why do I have a bad feeling that the reason we haven't seen Tarquin for a few strips is because he's busy reaching up his sleeve...

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

That was the most metal strip since the Therkla memorial. :black101:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FMguru posted:

2) Elan is so excited when his dinosaur chomps the other one :3:

Belkar's dinosaur, thank you. :colbert:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Image sure does count for a lot. The Order is, collectively, far more dangerous than a Tyrannosaurus (quite a few of them individually), but it's still three stories of screaming dinosaur that finally sets the redshirts running.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The army was more scared of Tarquin than the Order. See a few strips back where they refused to fight Elan. They'd rather die than fight back.

But I guess that the Order + T-Rex is scarier than Tarquin. :)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I love the panel where they come across the other Tyrannosaur rider. Their expressions - Belkar's murderous intent, Roy's war-weary consternation, Elan's panic, Durkon's...well, Durkon face.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

I like how Elan's solution to class imbalance in 3.5e is to just not give a gently caress about it and have fun anyway.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Colonel Cool posted:

I like how Elan's solution to class imbalance in 3.5e is to just not give a gently caress about it and have fun anyway.

What do the GitP forums think about this? It is the antithesis of grognardery.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Silento posted:

What do the GitP forums think about this? It is the antithesis of grognardery.

Considering that the GitP forums had people who complained that Elan took Hold Poison instead of Cure Light Wounds or whatever because there were only 2 situations where curing poison would be used, and a counted large numer where characters were injured, it would be the optimal choice, I wouldn't hold out my hopes

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

KATY PERRY posted:

Considering that the GitP forums had people who complained that Elan took Hold Poison instead of Cure Light Wounds or whatever because there were only 2 situations where curing poison would be used, and a counted large numer where characters were injured, it would be the optimal choice, I wouldn't hold out my hopes

For a long while the only forum I could visit at work as the GitP forum.

They are not a people that take to subtlety, nuance, or character growth easily.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KATY PERRY posted:

Wow.... They even have a in comic convention on why he didn't take cure light wound.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wasn't it Mass Cure Light Wounds he gave up for Cure Poison?

Oh... oh no! I am the Grognard now!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I hope they keep the dino forever. One pet made Belkar better overall, two will make him even greater.

Would be kind of hard to do a dungeon crawl with a two story reptile though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

Why do I have a bad feeling that the reason we haven't seen Tarquin for a few strips is because he's busy reaching up his sleeve...

Nah, this is the dramatic exit from the book for the Order and Tarquin is just going to make a face saving exit (only to return in the last book as a dangling plot thread that is going to be chopped off).

World Famous Whore posted:

I hope they keep the dino forever. One pet made Belkar better overall, two will make him even greater.

Would be kind of hard to do a dungeon crawl with a two story reptile though.

The Tyrant Lizard is doomed, I'm afraid. He's going to be offed early into the next book to show how dangerous one of the tough monsters around the next gate are. However, that will send Belkar into a killing rage...

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

KATY PERRY posted:

I wonder how long it will be before one of them :spergin:s out about how Belkar should kill the cat and take the dino as his new companion.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Random Stranger posted:

Nah, this is the dramatic exit from the book for the Order and Tarquin is just going to make a face saving exit (only to return in the last book as a dangling plot thread that is going to be chopped off).

Nothing could make me happier than him showing up in the finale only to be one-shot by side-villain Zykon during some pontification about power.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

terminal mehmet posted:

That was the most metal strip since the Therkla memorial. :black101:

I was thinking what, nothing could be that :black101: but then I looked back in the archive.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
O-Chul's description of how he got Xykon's spell list is also pretty metal.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DoctorTristan posted:

I wonder how long it will be before one of them :spergin:s out about how Belkar should kill the cat and take the dino as his new companion.

He can't until level 32.

(:spergin::spergin::spergin:)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Random Stranger posted:

The Tyrant Lizard is doomed, I'm afraid. He's going to be offed early into the next book to show how dangerous one of the tough monsters around the next gate are. However, that will send Belkar into a killing rage...

Not even. They've got no way to get the big lizard from the Western Continent where they are now to the Northern Continent where they need to be to catch Xykon and Redcloak. They're going to set him loose in the desert and go Wind Walk to try and catch up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could they wind walk the dinosaur? Wind walk the dinosaaaaaaauuuuuur?

Boom boom shack a lack a lack a boom.
Boom book shack a lack a goomba.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

greatn posted:

Could they wind walk the dinosaur? Wind walk the dinosaaaaaaauuuuuur?

Boom boom shack a lack a lack a boom.
Boom book shack a lack a goomba.

Dimension Door
Get on the floor
Cast Wind Walk on the Dinosaur!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Wind Walk lets you carry one extra creature (besides yourself, of course) for every three levels. Presuming that Durkon is around level 15 he can get five other creatures, which would be the rest of the Order but not, alas, the dinosaur.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

jng2058 posted:

Wind Walk lets you carry one extra creature (besides yourself, of course) for every three levels. Presuming that Durkon is around level 15 he can get five other creatures, which would be the rest of the Order but not, alas, the dinosaur.

Couldn't he cast it on the Dinosaur which then carries Belkar? He's well within its light load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

The problem with Wind Walk is that you transform into an insubstantial mist form that gets blown around by magical wind. That makes it hard to carry things.