Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You can directly kill insects and spiders with water + any surfactant. Dish soap works perfectly. It prevents the hairs on their chitin from holding the water away from the spiracles that they breathe through, so they suffocate rapidly. There's no need to go spraying expensive automotive solvents or whatever the gently caress all over the place. Fill a spray bottle with tap water and add a few drops of dish soap and then spray the terrible scary bugs.

That said, stop being afraid of tiny little harmless animals, you bunch of puling children.
Soooo...basically waterboard the bug to death. Got it.

veedubfreak posted:

You ever accidentally stood too close to a pile of fire ants and only noticed when 150 of those fuckers bit you on command at the exact same time?
Yes. My quick solution was to take off pants and jump in the pool.

:getin:

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

You ever accidentally stood too close to a pile of fire ants and only noticed when 150 of those fuckers bit you on command at the exact same time?

I was out in the Mendocino area of northern CA and managed to fall into a rotting log that I didnt notice had a soft spot and was swarmed by thousands of these big reish 1" long fuckers that were pretty painful, not true fire ants though I believe. Also the time I knelt to tie my shoe in Salinas and my knee broke into an underground wasp nest.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I was out in the Mendocino area of northern CA and managed to fall into a rotting log that I didnt notice had a soft spot and was swarmed by thousands of these big reish 1" long fuckers that were pretty painful, not true fire ants though I believe. Also the time I knelt to tie my shoe in Salinas and my knee broke into an underground wasp nest.

As a kid, running around a beach up in Alaska, I jumped onto a old 55 gallon drum jumping from drift wood to drift wood. Apparently it was full of wasps which proceeded to chase after me only stinging me on the face. Good thing I am not allergic since we were a good hour plane flight from the nearest hospital in Juneau. Well more like 2 hours since they would have had to fly out to get me.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
a bug got on me once.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
that motherfucker bit me it made me real mad.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
i brushed it off me onto the ground then i got some wd40 and a lighter and torched his rear end!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

and my knee broke into an underground wasp nest.

I had this happen once. I ended up idling a lawnmower over the hole for about 20 minutes after flooding it. gently caress wasps.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
haha gently caress bugs man...gently caress bugs.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
and gently caress the ocean too! do you know what kinda poo poo lives in that water???

Riva Aquarama powered by not one, but TWO Lamborghini V12's modified for marine usage.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

At least there's plenty of water around for when it bursts into flames.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

and gently caress the ocean too! do you know what kinda poo poo lives in that water???

Riva Aquarama powered by not one, but TWO Lamborghini V12's modified for marine usage.

Jesus that's a beautiful boat, and I know nothing about and have very little interest in boats. If I had a boat, it would be that boat.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
hey i have these bees you ordered

oh poo poo theyre gettin out!

poo poo poo poo poo poo the bees are gettin out!!! help call the cops! oh no...

its ok clancy the fire breathing snail car is here to save us!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

West SAAB Story posted:

I had this happen once. I ended up idling a lawnmower over the hole for about 20 minutes after flooding it. gently caress wasps.

Ahaha, someone else used the Whirling Death Blades method of getting rid of wasps/yellowjackets! My dad takes out elaborate revenge on each nest of those fuckers each time he get stung. The first time, it was a shop vac and fireworks; the lawnmower was the next method.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

atomicthumbs posted:

Ahaha, someone else used the Whirling Death Blades method of getting rid of wasps/yellowjackets! My dad takes out elaborate revenge on each nest of those fuckers each time he get stung. The first time, it was a shop vac and fireworks; the lawnmower was the next method.

I was mowing the lawn at the time. :shrug:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

My first job was mostly winterizing Chris Crafts. Goddamn they are beautiful but I'll never forget the time my coworker started the engine while I was inside the engine compartment.

I was a little guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad burned down an entire tree to get rid of wasps once.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomerjinks posted:

My first job was mostly winterizing Chris Crafts. Goddamn they are beautiful but I'll never forget the time my coworker started the engine while I was inside the engine compartment.

I was a little guy.

Try being in one when this lights off:

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
PB blaster works wonders on wasp/wasp nest/general "NOPE" bugs. Just be careful on what your spraying on isnt something that will also get hosed up the all mighty PB.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Saw this girl today. Sorry for the resolution; took the photo from a ways back at a long light. I wish it wasn't rush hour so I could hear it unwind.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hey i have these bees you ordered

oh poo poo theyre gettin out!

Hey, what's going on in this car?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wasp nests are cool, just not when they're in cars.

They make great natural sculpture.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

So my wife bought our daughter some awesome pajamas. The top has what sure looks like a Dodge Challenger:

And the bottom has a lot of cars labeled "Vroom" and "Speedy".

But wait, what is that in there with the Challengers?

Volvo 122s. :hellyeah: Speed, not so much, class, yes. Children's Place if you feel that your child deserves the best.

Also, stop posting bugs that aren't made by VW, you jerks.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

PainterofCrap posted:

Wasp nests are cool, just not when they're in cars.

They make great natural sculpture.

not a goddamn bit of any of this is awesome :fireman:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Hey, what's going on in this car?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Less bugs, more awesome offroad toys :colbert:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Dammit, I was too slow with my camera to get it, but I just saw a little Kei-class panel van styled like an old Citroen H-van. It was very :3:.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Post Awesome AI Car poo poo: Dad and scary bug chat.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

There's a body shop not far from my work which has been working on this:

It's a Ford Econoline Pickup, which I figured out by googling "Weird Ford Pickup Truck".

It's awesome. Sorry for the blurry picture.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
So glad I live in Canada and don't have to deal with creepy spiders in my car, at worst we'll get a curious bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TglkMUm2d8E

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Volvo 122s. :hellyeah: Speed, not so much,

Until a crazy guy gets ahold of one and turns it from this:

To this: