Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God drat. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one feeling a sense of relief as this all goes on? Like, I'm pretty sure the writers also did this so that fans could, for lack of a better term, let go of Finn, and for me it's working. Is that weird? :shobon:

Yeah, as I said, I used to be a HUGE Glee fan back in the day- it was all I watched during my first two years in college along with a few friends. Then I lost interest, but felt like I should tune in for this and am so glad I did. It really is like revisiting a group of old friends after another old mutual friend died. It's an experience, to be sure: a sad one, but an experience nonetheless.

e: wait, why did Kurt give that jacket to Santana and not Puck? Puck and Finn were like best friends. That's a bit disrespectful?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 11, 2013

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Mog posted:

Yeah, as I said, I used to be a HUGE Glee fan back in the day- it was all I watched during my first two years in college along with a few friends. Then I lost interest, but felt like I should tune in for this and am so glad I did. It really is like revisiting a group of old friends after another old mutual friend died. It's an experience, to be sure: a sad one, but an experience nonetheless.

If you do watch what you missed (which I'd encourage, especially since someone I grew up with guest starred which is cool I guess :3:) be prepared to be really angry that Cory died, because his role at the end was perfect and it sucks SO bad that he's gone. :smith:

PIUGoddess
Feb 20, 2006

Captain Mog posted:

e: wait, why did Kurt give that jacket to Santana and not Puck? Puck and Finn were like best friends. That's a bit disrespectful?

I thought it was more of a temporary gesture - like a way of giving her a piece of Finn at that moment to hold/hug? I didn't see it as a "now it's yours forever" moment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PIUGoddess posted:

I thought it was more of a temporary gesture - like a way of giving her a piece of Finn at that moment to hold/hug? I didn't see it as a "now it's yours forever" moment.

Yeah that's what I got too.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Puck breaking down with Beiste was a really nice choice, after the wonderful scene they shared awhile back that turned both their lives around.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VBane posted:

Puck breaking down with Beiste was a really nice choice, after the wonderful scene they shared awhile back that turned both their lives around.

Yeah, that drat near tore my soul in half, but was perfect in every way, and might be my favorite written/acted/set up scene in the show's history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh. He did give it to Santana. Huh. v:shobon:v

mcknitknot
Sep 3, 2013

Ask me how Chick-fil-A is a
four star restaurant
:getin:
"Its Santana's now"?? Dick move Porcelain!

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Well, Puck was a bit of a dick about it when he asked for it at first, so thats it I guess :p

PIUGoddess
Feb 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh. He did give it to Santana. Huh. v:shobon:v

I'm still unclear, especially since he said that he needed it back. I wonder if "it's Santana's now" meant "today, for now." Seems odd.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want to hug every last one of them right now, Jesus Christ. :smith:

PIUGoddess
Feb 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I want to hug every last one of them right now, Jesus Christ. :smith:

This is why I feel like I won't really be open to any "this is why the episode sucked/they should have done ____ instead." Because this is way too real. It's literally their grief, it's not acting, it's almost too much to watch in a way.

mcknitknot
Sep 3, 2013

four star restaurant
Is it terrible that I keep wondering about how that big memorial is blocking other kids lockers?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'know you could've had that on longer than three loving seconds with tiny goddamn print, you chucklefucks.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'know you could've had that on longer than three loving seconds with tiny goddamn print, you chucklefucks.

Especially with the political ad right after (in DC metro)

mcknitknot
Sep 3, 2013

four star restaurant
I couldn't even read it. I assume it was for his cause or drug abuse?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mcknitknot posted:

FROM WHAT I COULD loving GATHER :argh:, both.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

mcknitknot posted:

Yeah, it gave a number and said "text this number to help others like Cory/give them a chance" or something like that.

e: also, this is really good. Like, vintage Glee good. Like Buffy, it sorta lost something after it left high school and this episode is filled with those somethings it lost.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 11, 2013

mcknitknot
Sep 3, 2013

four star restaurant
Nice to see "Lima Rachel". The Rachel that Finn loved. Not the "New York Rachel"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
AAAAAAAAHHH GODDAMN, ALL OF THIS. ALL OF IT.

I should not be this sad about someone I never met and/or a fictional human being.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha is this seriously a somber instrumental of Danger Zone?

Also "have a good line" was a great...well, line. :)

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Tears all up on my goddamn face at Rachel's song. Tears at Santana being flawless throughout this entire episode. Tears from the Hummel-Hudson family breaking down as a unit. All my tears. Everywhere.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Swillkitsch posted:

Tears all up on my goddamn face at Rachel's song. Tears at Santana being flawless throughout this entire episode. Tears from the Hummel-Hudson family breaking down as a unit. All my tears. Everywhere.

:sympathy:

PIUGoddess
Feb 20, 2006
Welp, that was it. Mr. Shue broke me even more. I can't even.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That, if you ask me, was a brilliant tribute. Goodbye Cory/Finn. I'll miss ya. :smith:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I haven't even watched this show in over a year and the final scene has me ugly crying.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

effervescible posted:

I haven't even watched this show in over a year and the final scene has me ugly crying.

This post has me laughing and sobbing at the same time. The phrase "ugly crying" just tickles my funny bone and yet the image is so sad. Thanks for confusing me, jerk. :v:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This post has me laughing and sobbing at the same time. The phrase "ugly crying" just tickles my funny bone and yet the image is so sad. Thanks for confusing me, jerk. :v:

Well I'm glad you aren't just sobbing :shobon:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm glad they gave the newer characters almost no lines. That seemed appropriate, somehow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously I didn't lose it until Mr. Shue. Now I'm questioning how the gently caress I can be so sad for Cory (who I never met) and Finn (who never existed) at the same time. At least I'm not the only one, I guess?

that one girl
Mar 30, 2011
I've never had a celebrity death hit me like this. Hell, I've never had ANY death, family included, hit me like this. It doesn't make any sense, but it still hit me super hard.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Oddly enough, I found the episode more cathartic than sad. Probly because everyone's just been sitting on these emotions for months now. I think Lea's number was the best, for obvious reasons. I actually really liked the Beiste/Puck scenes, and am kinda sad that we probably won't see more of them. Surprisingly they got some laughs in there. i.e., "grief siesta"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously I didn't lose it until Mr. Shue. Now I'm questioning how the gently caress I can be so sad for Cory (who I never met) and Finn (who never existed) at the same time. At least I'm not the only one, I guess?

Honestly, I wasn't sad until this episode. Watching it while knowing I was watching genuine grief, not acting, made me feel awful.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

that one girl posted:

I've never had a celebrity death hit me like this. Hell, I've never had ANY death, family included, hit me like this. It doesn't make any sense, but it still hit me super hard.

Well in fairness to you, if you're anything like me, you feel like Cory and Finn were very similar. In that vein, they were both seemingly such genuine and kind people. That, combined with the fact that Glee meant/means a lot to so many people, and he died so young and in such tragic circumstances...well, it's understandable. :sympathy:

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey posted:

Oddly enough, I found the episode more cathartic than sad. Probly because everyone's just been sitting on these emotions for months now. I think Lea's number was the best, for obvious reasons. I actually really liked the Beiste/Puck scenes, and am kinda sad that we probably won't see more of them. Surprisingly they got some laughs in there. i.e., "grief siesta"

Oh me too, I definitely got catharsis out of it and I feel like I can move on as a Glee fan, but that ending absolutely shattered me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Had to DVR it because school this year.
I almost made it through Seasons of Love before I started crying.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Had to DVR it because school this year.
I almost made it through Seasons of Love before I started crying.

Awww buddy, you're gonna be a mess. But I hope you come out the other side feeling better. :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, there's nothing you really can say about that episode except to credit everyone for managing to work on it under those conditions. It was very powerful with a ton of perfectly pitched scenes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was sad. I'd say more but I usually express depression in lame jokes, and I'd punch myself for half the things I thought in the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I haven't read the rest of the thread because I just started the episode. I'll be honest, I was kinda rolling my eyes at some of you saying you didn't know if you could watch and how you'd cry. I'm kind of a bitch and don't get emotional at stuff often. But gently caress...I just watched the first song and I don't know if I can do it. You can just so clearly see the pain on their faces. gently caress this is so meta and just...gah.

Can someone send me a box of tissues and a pint of ice cream stat, please?

• Locked thread