Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It does seem like a thing he'd do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watson, I expect you to have better taste in men!

I love Clyde's appearances, Sherlock always finds a way for him to be useful. :3:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The allusion to Snowden wasn't as terrible as I expected. Having Kleinfelter murder someone kept the focus on Sherlock solving a case rather then the merits of leaking classified documents.

The show seems to be getter better. There's still the problem of where to go from Moriarty and Lestrade. There aren't many more iconic Sherlock Holmes characters they can introduce as single episode guest stars.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

pentyne posted:

The show seems to be getter better. There's still the problem of where to go from Moriarty and Lestrade. There aren't many more iconic Sherlock Holmes characters they can introduce as single episode guest stars.

I'm pretty sure Moriarty will show up again.

Clyde was so adorable. :neckbeard:
I yelled "Yay Clyde!" when he showed up on screen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't recall Sherlock ever sleeping. We always see Joan sleeping and being woken up and he's either watching her like a creep or drops Clyde on her.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I love how Sherlock never ever stops doing his real job: Being the worst roommate.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mu Zeta posted:

I can't recall Sherlock ever sleeping. We always see Joan sleeping and being woken up and he's either watching her like a creep or drops Clyde on her.

He seems like the kind of weirdo that would know some Tibetan monk technique that lets him sleep for like 80 minutes at a time at completely random intervals throughout the day.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

In one of the early S1 episodes, one of the plot points was about how he never gets much sleep when working on a case. Joan teaches him the squat technique to stay awake, and the episode ends with him passing out as he's trying to go over old files.

pentyne posted:

The allusion to Snowden wasn't as terrible as I expected. Having Kleinfelter murder someone kept the focus on Sherlock solving a case rather then the merits of leaking classified documents.

I liked how their subtle of way making him unlikeable was writing him as a huge Ayn Rand fan.

Fun episode, and I'm most intrigued by Sherlock and Moriarty's continued correspondence. Also, while the Snowden reference was a bit forced, I have to say between the Anonymous parody, P=NP, and primitive 3D printing, this new season has been pleasantly contemporary.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Blind Pineapple posted:

Fun episode, and I'm most intrigued by Sherlock and Moriarty's continued correspondence. Also, while the Snowden reference was a bit forced, I have to say between the Anonymous parody, P=NP, and primitive 3D printing, this new season has been pleasantly contemporary.

so by next season we'll see an episode about a politician getting killed after shutting down the government?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I loved how when "Everyone" demanded naked pictures, Sherlock was ready to strip down right there, while Joan was like, "Oh, hell no."

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I was surprised that there wasn't a twist and Kleinfelter was actually the murderer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I was surprised that there wasn't a twist and Kleinfelter was actually the murderer.

Me too. Sherlock’s diagnosis of the situation was so quick I assumed he was lying.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I was a bit disappointed that with everything else going on in the episode, they didn't think of any particularly interesting reason for him to commit the murder. You've got a guy wanted by the government for spilling secrets, but he kills the woman sheltering him after being rejected by her? Seemed kind of flat, but other than that I really enjoyed the episode.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Pretty sure the murder was just there so that they could avoid anything overtly controversial with the leaking of federal secrets stuff. I was more interested in the silly (and not so silly) antics of not-Anonymous, Sherlock's constant debates with them and stuff anyway.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's also okay for things to be simple sometimes. You don't want to go all CSI.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This show got really good, it's the only procedural I have patience to watch. I think it got really weak early on the first season, then it recovered and ever since it's been getting better and better.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Elentor posted:

This show got really good, it's the only procedural I have patience to watch. I think it got really weak early on the first season, then it recovered and ever since it's been getting better and better.

It works because this show adds meaty chunks of character developement in addition to being a procedural. Also, hell, Sherlock Holmes practically invented procedural drama.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Man, that letter reading scene at the end was actually really well done. Like, I think that added a lot to Holmes' character and motivation outright. I hope there's more correspondence between the two before she inevitably manages to escape from jail.

On a less constructive note..

CLYDE. :D

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Platystemon posted:

Me too. Sherlock’s diagnosis of the situation was so quick I assumed he was lying.

I thought the early scene where he sent Joan those pictures of crime scenes and she instantly deduced the cause of death was a relatively clever set-up to the idea that Holmes, who's much more advanced than Watson, would be able to do that on most murders even more easily. We only see the weird or clever cases, and this guy was not particularly clever at violent crime. At the very least they laid the groundwork nicely that he could just bang out an analysis like that and be completely right.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm catching up with this episode now. I don't care how dated it is, digging deep for the "shoe on head" reference was inspired.

(This was an actual thing. Because I clearly don't know where I'm posting, I'll reminisce about the time YTMND.com was A Big Deal and pictures of a LiveJasmin camgirl putting a shoe on her head spread like wildfire.)

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
This season had been great so far apart from Gregsons stupid new hair.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

DivisionPost posted:

I'm catching up with this episode now. I don't care how dated it is, digging deep for the "shoe on head" reference was inspired.

(This was an actual thing. Because I clearly don't know where I'm posting, I'll reminisce about the time YTMND.com was A Big Deal and pictures of a LiveJasmin camgirl putting a shoe on her head spread like wildfire.)

The "shoe on head" reference got me too and it was made even better by Holmes fancy description of it in his accent.

Man, a few of those cam threads were hilarious. I don't think ones been done in awhile.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

The joke from the last episode that made me go "what the hell?" was the bit about the model trains, as I'm sure that joke started on SA.

I did see from some quick searching that the joke has spread everywhere, so I don't think the writers would have seen it here.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

New episode tonight!

Poison Pen

When the CEO of a financial consulting company is poisoned to death, Holmes and Watson are called upon to track down the killer. Meanwhile, a woman from Sherlock's past emerges as a possible suspect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love that lawyer's smug nod. "Yep that's what we're going with, I consider it satisfactory."

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Abigail Spencer? Do they name characters after people who failed the audition? (Really, it happened to a friend of my brother, hearing his own distinctive name in a show he didn't get hired for).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Something complicated is in the works, I think...

I'm betting Abigail told Graham and maybe the mom how to do it, maybe together. Let's see!

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
That was kind of an "Eli Stone" reunion between Jonny Lee Miller and Laura Benanti, who ironically also played the "first" for JLM's character. Glad to see they still had that great chemistry.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I really liked that episode, although the fact that the one dude from the victim's company apparently got a slap on the wrist for dressing up a dead body in a latex suit was kind of weird. That seems like it'd be pretty drat illegal, especially considering he didn't report it and just went home.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

That was a sad ending.

I don’t begrudge the kid for killing his father, but pinning the blame on the nanny who didn’t do it makes him a monster. He should be locked up for that.

It would be one thing if they’d colluded beforehand and she’d agreed to take the blame, but they didn’t.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 18, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was one of the simpler investigations for this show in the end.

There were tangents, but ultimately it was talk to son, find out about tablet, find tablet and done. If not for the hidden past thing they likely would have gotten there pretty quickly with normal police work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VDay posted:

I really liked that episode, although the fact that the one dude from the victim's company apparently got a slap on the wrist for dressing up a dead body in a latex suit was kind of weird. That seems like it'd be pretty drat illegal, especially considering he didn't report it and just went home.

He didn't even have to, loving your stepson is certainly going to violate that morals clause anyway!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Was murder really the only option? Why not go to the cops, and how exactly was the abuse going on?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Pick posted:

He didn't even have to, loving your stepson is certainly going to violate that morals clause anyway!

I’m not sure that information would be made public.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Was murder really the only option? Why not go to the cops, and how exactly was the abuse going on?

Given that he didn't want to tell anyone about the abuse, what would he have told them?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Maera Sior posted:

Given that he didn't want to tell anyone about the abuse, what would he have told them?

It would show up as evidence in the trial of Abigail's, for sure. That'd probably be enough for lawyers to invoke the morals clause.

Of course, the executive guy would get time for tampering with an investigation, and let's hope HE doesn't mave a morals clause...

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm trying to imagine how stuffing a dead guy into a latex suit is somehow worth any amount of money. How difficult would that be?! And gross.

I sort of love the ridiculous alibis people were coming up with. "Well, yes, I was committing a crime technically, therefore I could not have murdered him!" The stepmom's alibi was the best. :lol:

I liked the moment there at the end with Sherlock reaching out to the son.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The stepmom's alibi reminded me of one of the cases in season 1. The one were some random guy's alibi for murder was that he was recording something to blackmail someone with. That's not quite a patch on "I couldn't have murdered him because I was too busy planning to murder him!" though. :v:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

hollylolly posted:

I'm trying to imagine how stuffing a dead guy into a latex suit is somehow worth any amount of money. How difficult would that be?! And gross.

I don't know, I can totally see some douchebag wall street rear end in a top hat stuffing a dead guy into a suit if he thought it would get him that $10 million bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ashpanash posted:

I don't know, I can totally see some douchebag wall street rear end in a top hat stuffing a dead guy into a suit if he thought it would get him that $10 million bonus.

It seems like it would have taken a long time/be impossible. Especially with no talcum powder. :lol: You're right, for ten millions probably a lot of people would do it, or at least attempt it.

• Locked thread