Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch
Here is my creeper emblem. It really lights up

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ShoodZ/stats/177151004/pc/

Also, IF you are the squad leader, please take your time to point and right click at objectives that your squad is close to. The points gained from attacking/defending and killing people near objectives goes towards your squad perks and it fills it up really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
It seems that about 1 of every 5 matches I end up having the game freeze on me to the point that I have to shut Battlefield down. I've noticed that it almost always happens when the graphics get very distorted. For example, I was in a game where I was on the TOW launcher next to one of the bridges. I was being shot at by an enemy in a mobile AA. When the screen got distorted, the game froze on me and I had to quit out.

Is anyone else having an issue with this? I'm running an ATI 6950 with the latest release drivers. I could go with the beta drivers if that would help me.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

You're not the only one. I too have been having odd freezes, especially after dying.

Also that Java Browser code posted earlier to extract emblems doesn't seem to work with Firefox. It keeps telling me that "code isn't defined" or something.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Does anyone know if your emblems will save through over from beta?

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Steeltalon posted:

Does anyone know if your emblems will save through over from beta?

"That's a good question."

(DICE employee on twitter)

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
They already confirmed it with a no.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

ShoodZ posted:

Here is my creeper emblem. It really lights up

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ShoodZ/stats/177151004/pc/

Also, IF you are the squad leader, please take your time to point and right click at objectives that your squad is close to. The points gained from attacking/defending and killing people near objectives goes towards your squad perks and it fills it up really quickly.

Hitting the spot button (Q default) over an objective also gives a squad order. Every squad should always have an order because it's free points for everyone, and free points means free buffs.

Tural
Feb 6, 2010

Long live the cumlips burger. Gone, but not forgotten.

I'm not using it as my emblem but Umberger is copying it from me and will be.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/umberger2/stats/290620299/pc/

Tural fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 12, 2013

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Alehkhs posted:

So, speaking of sharing emblems and such, would anyone find me continuing to work on this to be worthwhile?

EDIT: Currently I have it so only I can edit (you can comment as viewers, however), but can you guys view/copy the codes by mousing-over as viewers?

What do you need us to provide so you can add our tags to the document? Just an imgur upload of the emblem?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Deuce posted:

"That's a good question."

(DICE employee on twitter)

Game development is so compartmentalized that this kind of response shouldn't be shocking or necessarily indicative of incompetence.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

DatonKallandor posted:

What do you need us to provide so you can add our tags to the document? Just an imgur upload of the emblem?

I might open it up to the masses for editing in the future, but for now I'm just adding things I see here linked with the author's Battlelog profile.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

What happened to the bipod? When deployed, the crosshairs sway like crazy, even when just firing short bursts. It's nowhere near as accurate or even helping at all. I feel I'm more accurate firing standing up or crouched without it.

(No, I don't have the muzzle break equipped)

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

I'll keep Mr.Citrus's version as my default for a couple hours.

I forgot to switch back to deal with it dog after playing with get out frog last night. My decal is currently the dog if anyone wants to copy it. My link is a few pages back. Emblems not saving is bullshit btw. At least you can export them with chrome.

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I really hope that it is changed. I have 1 kill with the stinger listed, but I have shot down at least 5 helicopters. Just because my hit didn't blow them up immediately doesn't mean I wasn't the one that caused them to crash into a building and explode a second after my missile hit.

I've been really getting into helicopters in the beta, and only been shot down once with a stinger. That being said, I think anti-air missiles like that always create a critical hit that causes the rotor damage, so they will definitely lead to crashes after the fact if the pilot doesn't know how to handle it. I've shot down many other helicopters from the gunship with the air-to-air missiles based on this as well.

RPGs are still one-shot kills if you get a lock-on hit (no warning either other than the lock on tone), while stingers take at least 2 hits but don't need a spotter, and seem to always cause the rotor hit. An interesting question would be if you take a second stinger hit while suffering a rotor crit, does it reset the timer to a full 5 seconds?

From my experience, I'm not sure the stinger is really worth it, since I've usually been able to recover from the crit and get away long enough for my flares to cycle. The helicopters seem to self-repair much faster now too, which doesn't help trying to down one with stingers. Maybe on pub servers when you're alone, but with goons, just use the RPG and get someone to spot for you.

Another interesting note regarding choppers is that when their health goes below 10%, the controls go batshit crazy and you start spinning as if your tail rotor is out. I had that happen last night and it was scary and awesome.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I made a hotdog cause my name is Hipster_Hotdog. It'd be great if there was a way to import Adobe Illustrator graphics into battlelog. Feel free to grab this if you want, or add me as a friend so we can shoot dudes together (PST).

Lazarett
Jul 9, 2013

Olive Branch posted:

Hey do you like emblems? I like emblems! I spent some time recreating Total War: Rome II's Carthage faction icon because I dig its style. Here's how it looks.

Yes. Roma delenda est. :stare:

(i will steal that. Thank you)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is anyone planning on buying BF4 on multiple platforms? I know the majority of people here have a PC as their main gaming computer and barely look at their console but maybe there's a fear like me that kind of hop between the two because they're both fun and I have friends on PC still. Worried about burning out on double dipping mainly if I got a PS4 copy.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
How are goons meeting up in game, is there a preferred server? I've tried connecting to KFS mumble, but there's never anyone in the BF4 channel.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Ularg posted:

Is anyone planning on buying BF4 on multiple platforms? I know the majority of people here have a PC as their main gaming computer and barely look at their console but maybe there's a fear like me that kind of hop between the two because they're both fun and I have friends on PC still. Worried about burning out on double dipping mainly if I got a PS4 copy.

I was thinking about getting it on the PC as well as PS4, but I dunno. I have such limited time to waste playing games. I'm still not 100% which version I want. The controls on PC are at lest rebindable to anything. PS4, not so likely. On console, the playing field is relatively even thanks to hardware parity, plus hacking is pretty much non-existent. PC does offer nicer graphics, and a more precise aiming, but there's the risk of hackers and tryhard poop sockers who turn everything down to be "the best" at video gaems. Still not 100% which I want.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I just discovered the Conquest Small version of the beta map has been hiding the Little Bird and broke 10K points for the first time. Its great and all but I was having to aim by watching the tracers. Is there a "proper" way to use the crosshairs?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Alehkhs posted:

So, speaking of sharing emblems and such, would anyone find me continuing to work on this to be worthwhile?

EDIT: Currently I have it so only I can edit (you can comment as viewers, however), but can you guys view/copy the codes by mousing-over as viewers?
Has this spreadsheet been deleted? Google says it's not available.

mcbexx posted:

(Note: only tested in BF4 beta and Chrome on Windows)
Exporting an emblem
1. Log into BF4 Battlelog.
2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
3. Select the emblem you wish to export.
4. Open the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).
5. Enter the following code snippet to copy the raw emblem data to the clipboard:
copy('emblem.emblem.load('+JSON.stringify(emblem.emblem.data,null,2)+');');
6. Paste somewhere useful, like a gist. Whatever.
7. Close the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).

Importing an emblem
1. Log into BF4 Battlelog.
2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
3. Click the "+ ADD" button.
4. Open the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).
5. Paste the contents of a previously-exported emblem into the console. Make sure you get everything, from the emblem.emblem.load to the ending ;.
6. Click the "SAVE & USE" button in the top right.
7. Close the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).
Just reposting this to tell people that this, unfortunately, doesn't seem to work on Firefox. When I post the code, it tells me "ReferenceError: copy is not defined"

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 12, 2013

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Ularg posted:

If I pick up a PS4 I will also be getting it on there. I have a bunch of friends who will be playing it on ps4.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

dog nougat posted:

I was thinking about getting it on the PC as well as PS4, but I dunno. I have such limited time to waste playing games. I'm still not 100% which version I want. The controls on PC are at lest rebindable to anything. PS4, not so likely. On console, the playing field is relatively even thanks to hardware parity, plus hacking is pretty much non-existent. PC does offer nicer graphics, and a more precise aiming, but there's the risk of hackers and tryhard poop sockers who turn everything down to be "the best" at video gaems. Still not 100% which I want.

Yeah. I have exactly one friend getting it on PC because he doesn't want or doesn't have the money to get a PS4. And I'd feel like an rear end not getting BF4 on PC. I'd figure either I can get it on PC with premium and wait for a premium edition on PS4 or get just the game on PC and play it with my friend but use PS4 as my main system with premium.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Senethro posted:

I just discovered the Conquest Small version of the beta map has been hiding the Little Bird and broke 10K points for the first time. Its great and all but I was having to aim by watching the tracers. Is there a "proper" way to use the crosshairs?

How did you find conquest small. Searching via battlelog for just conquest servers is resulting nothing

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Olive Branch posted:

Has this spreadsheet been deleted? Google says it's not available.

:what:

Godsdamnit.

I thought I deleted the copy, not the original. Here's the NEW LINK, I guess. :cripes:

I'll continue updating this as I can, so if you have an appropriate emblem you're currently using that you would like added, post it here with your Battlelog profile.

vvvvv Done!

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 12, 2013

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Alehkhs posted:

Godsdamnit.

I thought I deleted the copy, not the original. Here's the NEW LINK, I guess. :cripes:

I'll continue updating this as I can, so if you have an appropriate emblem you're currently using that you would like added, post it here with your Battlelog profile.
Awesome. I'd like to submit my own little Carthage icon in case more people want to Roma Delenda Est some fuckers. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/OliveBranchSA/stats/198204070/pc/

EDIT: You're a real peach, Alehkhs! Could you also add the ridiculous pony emblem as well? I've replaced the Carthage emblem with it: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/OliveBranchSA/stats/198204070/pc/

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 12, 2013

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

For the Motherland:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Can you save my Kiith Gaalsien one?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/DatonKallandor/stats/176418608/pc/
I defaulted it.

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

As long as we're sharing emblems, I made this Titans (correctly pronounced tee-tahns) emblem from Zeta Gundam.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Dunno if anyone here was/is in the Air Force but I made some (crappy) USAF patches.

First one is an old style SAC 28th Bomb Wing patch (my old unit) and #2 is the Air Combat Command badge. Gonna be great for waxing T-90's in my Hog.

the ACC one is up right now if anyone wants it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Crow_Rodeo/stats/194254929/pc/

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So I'm thinking that 48 players is, like every BF game, the optimal number for a 64p map. Gives you some breathing room while still having a huge map to play in.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I really wish the server browser wasn't completely broken.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm going through my steam library for more logos. Eh, have a dumb Doom 3 one.

http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/bf4/soldier/PropagandaHourly/stats/389338450/pc/

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I really wish the server browser wasn't completely broken.

Remove the empty/all slots available from the filter.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I tried making the ODST emblem.

I wish we had letters already. I thought that'd be kind of standard. Not as mad but I still wish that we could toggle outlines on the emblems so same colored shapes didn't blend into each other.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

Godsdamnit.

vvvvv Done!

You are a saint among goons.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Here's another console trick for placing a tracing image behind the emblem creator:

Paste into your JS console (ctrl+shift+c, console tab, bottom text entry box) in chrome, etc and hit return.
code:
$('div.canvas-container').css('background-image', 'url("FULL-URL-TO-IMAGE-HERE")');
The background image should first be cropped to 320x320, and then just upload it to any server or image service.

EDIT:
Here's my take on Deal With It Dog.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/BossRighteous/stats/310741130/pc/

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 13, 2013

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Ularg posted:

I wish we had letters already. I thought that'd be kind of standard. Not as mad but I still wish that we could toggle outlines on the emblems so same colored shapes didn't blend into each other.

They really, really shouldn't give us (me) letters.

Smooth Willis
Jul 12, 2013
Decided to teach myself how to fly the helicopters. It's going badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forum enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Here is to hoping they increase the layer limit sometime.

• Locked thread