Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

Played a round where the tower stayed up for about 75% of the duration nad goddamn, the map is pretty. I seriously hope that "cover everything in dust" doesn't happen on every map and that poo poo is a little harder to pull off than the shanghai tower.

From what DICE has shown, it doesn't appear any of the level changes will be hard to pull off. In Paracel Storm the thing you have to destroy is a wind turbine off in the distance that the destroyer is stuck on. The multiplayer videos I've seen show players destroying the turbine with bullets. I suppose that could be have been an oversight for the convention build though. The other one in what I presume to be "Flood Zone" is a portion of the wall you have to put a few explosives into. But those don't throw up dust clouds at least, and the destroyer in Paracel Storm doesn't even appear to be that special, it'll be the storm events in that map which make it pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Had a great couple of rounds sniper dueling a random pubbie, unlocking the M40something, and then when I rejoined the server later and he was on my team, I taught him how to use the PLO and zero his rifle for long-distance accuracy. He landed a headshot on a target he'd already missed 10 rounds on and was as amazed as I was when I discovered the One Weird Tip for sniping. :v:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Olive Branch posted:

Had a great couple of rounds sniper dueling a random pubbie, unlocking the M40something, and then when I rejoined the server later and he was on my team, I taught him how to use the PLO and zero his rifle for long-distance accuracy. He landed a headshot on a target he'd already missed 10 rounds on and was as amazed as I was when I discovered the One Weird Tip for sniping. :v:

It's weird, because I kind of hope zeroing makes snipers a LITTLE better. In this and BF3, I have absolutely no fear of snipers and never even have to think about them. I certainly don't want more people to play as them or for them to become a super serious threat, but it'd help ~my verisimilitude~ to have to think about my longer angles at least a little bit.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Zotix posted:

Question, pretty much within 5-10 minutes of playing windows will ask to switch to Windows 7 basic. Which I'm pretty sure I'm already running. How the gently caress do I get this to go away, or at least register that I'm already running windows 7 basic scheme?
There's nothing you can do. You tell the dialog to go away and never bother you again...and it just comes right back.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Battlefield Rhyme Time!

Knock the MRAP into the sea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xuzkVOuHFY

Those Bollards aren't stopping me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNAwtqlceY

They have a tank at the bottom of B!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue0oAiGSFq8

Bonus: Hadlock Gets A Chopper Unstuck At E!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99U52gBOGQ4

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Chortles posted:

Unfortunately not being terribad and/or playing for hours on end is needed to experience and unlock/progress... so I've barely unlocked anything beyond what you've seen (Defib and M26 MASS).
I've found it effective to play Domination as it's fast-paced and there's not a whole lot of time in between getting kills/revives (assuming your squad mates don't repeatedly press space to auto-deploy as soon as they can as that'll shorten the revive timer) as well as taking flags (it also helps a lot if you're squad leader and mark points for your squad buddies to take as you can easily gain +600 points from taking one flag in Domination (plus the awards you get post-round).

That being said, the beta ends on monday, so there's not a lot of time left - and it's not like it matters anyway.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Olive Branch posted:

Man, I really hope the crash-to-desktop bugs when getting shot and killed due to fuzzy screens don't make it to the final product. I had an excellent one-on-three sniper battle and tagged three clan pubbies with headshots of my rifle, and wanted the experience on my Battlelog to unlock the other rifle. But then, got killed and game froze. :(

E: VVVV Is that so? Then that's cool, I guess, but getting a crash is still the bigger problem.

Updating Punkbuster as recommended earlier fixed the crashes on death for me.
Download the pbsetup from evenbalance.com, add BF4, hit update, enjoy.

Edit: Whoops, didn't fix it completely, it happened again.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 13, 2013

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

If there's any more Aussies playing on PC, please add me!

Having a blast in the beta so far (A5C is disgustingly good, seriously) and it's so much better with goons.

Laterbase
May 18, 2011
When does the beta finish?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

That being said, the beta ends on monday, so there's not a lot of time left - and it's not like it matters anyway.
I can give it one more go tonight then, but does this progress carry over into the live game?

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Chortles posted:

I can give it one more go tonight then, but does this progress carry over into the live game?

no it doesn't.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

I love taking my tank down there to clear it out, I also figured out how to approach the stairs to get my tank back out again which is great as being stuck down there kind of sucks.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I'm good at helopticors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMbjUspzx1A

Video courtesy of InsertNameHere. Video does not reflect opinions of anyone involved in anyway, shape or form. Except Durendal who did a sick slide down a hill after getting shot. Way to slide Durendal. Way to slide.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Battlelog being weird for anyone this morning? It started off telling me only like three servers existed in North America and then after a few parameter changes showed a near infinite number.

I got to fly a heli today and rack up some kills, I'm finding I just really need to get used to the keyboard because I slammed into things I never would have using a controller.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Proof that sometimes pubbies can work together, and why you should play Domination. Bit anticlimactic, but it was completely random and we were not on voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH181dXHF7M

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

did they fix the key binding issue?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I have my mouse set to max sensitivity, which is... I think something like 3600 DPS. Very, very high. I can try turning it down and trying to be more methodical in play.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

John Magnum posted:

I have my mouse set to max sensitivity, which is... I think something like 3600 DPS. Very, very high. I can try turning it down and trying to be more methodical in play.

You can keep your DPS high. Just turn down the mouse sensitivity in BF4 settings.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
It's got a DPS selector switch. Is there any particular reason other than convenience to do it one way or the other?

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

John Magnum posted:

It's got a DPS selector switch. Is there any particular reason other than convenience to do it one way or the other?

Lowering your DPS will reduce your mouses resolution while making your dude in game take more mouse movement to look around. Lowering the ingame sensitivity will generally keep the resolution (it's not that simple, but kind of), but make it take more movement to look around. The pro opinion on mouse sensitivity is that your sensitivity should be low enough that you're using you're whole arm/wrist to aim and never making fine adjustments with your fingers etc.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Just noticed I've been saying DPS this entire time and not DPI. But your description doesn't make them seem different, because the takeaway is "it takes more movement to look around".

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

John Magnum posted:

Just noticed I've been saying DPS this entire time and not DPI. But your description doesn't make them seem different, because the takeaway is "it takes more movement to look around".

Yeah it is DPI. Most people use the DPI switcher on there mouse to get different sensitivities in game for different reasons. You could say, have super low sensitivity for running around and shooting, but then when you hop in a helicopter you switch to super high DPI so you can fly better etc.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Do we get to keep any of our unlocks once the full game comes out?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Tab8715 posted:

Do we get to keep any of our unlocks once the full game comes out?

No.

Answered last page. And a thousand other places.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Levelcap and some other people playing with zh1nt0 (he is appalling) told him to get elevator music into the game, specifically the original karkand track. I know he's just PR but he thought it could definitely happen.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This game is wack. It's got poo brain!

Could probably use some tweaking, though. I still giggle when I see that dumb face on the side of weapons and tanks.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

mng posted:

This game is wack. It's got poo brain!

Could probably use some tweaking, though. I still giggle when I see that dumb face on the side of weapons and tanks.

Every time I see my :unsmith: on the side of my tank barrel as I'm driving it I feel like everything is going to be alright.

It's a surprisingly effective method at calming myself down.

tarehart
May 9, 2002

Hadlock posted:

This looks neat, but what exactly does this do for me in BF4?

You can speak freely with your squad without worrying about hitting Alt or whatever your push to talk key is.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

tarehart posted:

You can speak freely with your squad without worrying about hitting Alt or whatever your push to talk key is.

Please don't do this there is nothing more annoying than a hot mic during voice chat.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Ularg posted:

Every time I see my :unsmith: on the side of my tank barrel as I'm driving it I feel like everything is going to be alright.

It's a surprisingly effective method at calming myself down.

I have the exact opposite reaction everytime I happen to repair :smuggo: tank. It's like the tank nows I suck at driving and am therefore relegated to be a torch monkey.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So far I think I like domination better. I really wish I had gotten the chance to play CTF in a previous BF game that wasn't on an awful BF3 map. Domination is the only time I've ever been picked up on the ground by a pubbie chopper pilot.

In it, voted 5. That felt like a lot longer than 45 seconds. I hope we have some more maps in downtown areas, crazy helicopter urban canyon antics are the best

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 13, 2013

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
If you meet another tank on the bridge at C just engage ramming mode and push them over the rails. :frogout: Worked pretty good yesterday, I pushed it over to the stairs, they bailed and my goon gunner jumped out and stole it!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Blowing up a tank with your torch never gets old :allears:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Selklubber posted:

If you meet another tank on the bridge at C just engage ramming mode and push them over the rails. :frogout: Worked pretty good yesterday, I pushed it over to the stairs, they bailed and my goon gunner jumped out and stole it!

Hehe, thanks for that tank. The kicker was that the tank wasn't even close to falling into the water, and could have driven back up the stairs to continue the fight. Instead we got both tanks to lock down the streets with.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Surprised nobody's attempted this one yet:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Supernorn/ :qq:

tarehart
May 9, 2002

keyframe posted:

Please don't do this there is nothing more annoying than a hot mic during voice chat.

It's done. But don't worry, it's got threshold config and a mute button, and the handful of people who decide to download it will probably be more courteous than your average console player.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

loving poetry

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Once again, don't forget to save all your fancy emblems, for they will most likely be gone once the beta ends...

code:
(Note: only tested in BF4 beta and Chrome on Windows)
Exporting an emblem
	1. Log into BF4 Battlelog.
	2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
	3. Select the emblem you wish to export.
	4. Open the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).
	5. Enter the following code snippet to copy the raw emblem data to the clipboard:
copy('emblem.emblem.load('+JSON.stringify(emblem.emblem.data,null,2)+');');
	6. Paste somewhere useful, like a gist. Whatever.
	7. Close the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).

Importing an emblem
	1. Log into BF4 Battlelog.
	2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
	3. Click the "+ ADD" button.
	4. Open the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).
	5. Paste the contents of a previously-exported emblem into the console. Make sure you get everything, from the emblem.emblem.load to the ending ;.
	6. Click the "SAVE & USE" button in the top right.
	7. Close the console (Ctrl-Shift-J).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Grey Fox generously added Alekeh's Alehkhs' spreadsheet to the OP for the preservation of future emblems

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhO_PwH_wzUKdFN1YkpDWkc1VnZ0NWtRaXVqYXZieVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

edit: except the URL needs to be updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtRHLhB30ToKdHpQb0xwV1dnZDM5azVrX3U0SERhX2c&usp=sharing#gid=0

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hadlock posted:

Grey Fox generously added Alekeh's spreadsheet to the OP for the preservation of future emblems

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Thanks to Alehks

The various misspellings of my name never fail to amuse. :allears:

• Locked thread