Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Radio! posted:

Ichabod assumes he is one of the witnesses because he was the first one to see Moloch, I think. In the sheriff's occult documents that Abby finds, it mentions a dude in the 1700s seeing a demon in the same spot Abby and Jenny see the demon later, and Ichabod confirms it was him in another episode. Of course that would still leave the problem of why he would assume Abby is the other witness and not Jenny, even though they saw Moloch simultaneously.

He doesn't actually confirm that it was him, though. He says that he has seen it, but this is after Katrina shows it to him in the dream/mirror/magic-vision world. He may have just been referring to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radio! posted:

Ichabod assumes he is one of the witnesses because he was the first one to see Moloch, I think. In the sheriff's occult documents that Abby finds, it mentions a dude in the 1700s seeing a demon in the same spot Abby and Jenny see the demon later, and Ichabod confirms it was him in another episode. Of course that would still leave the problem of why he would assume Abby is the other witness and not Jenny, even though they saw Moloch simultaneously.

The other person who saw it was a farmer, not Ichabod. The first time Ichabod actually saw Moloch was in Cho's cell.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I miss Eggar Cho. Maybe he's getting rejuvenation surgery and getting his neck pulled and tightened.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ichabod is an American. :smug:

Actually, by the US constitution he is a US citizen...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Random Stranger posted:

It's better than that: he's over 35 and was resident in the US before 1776, so he could be President.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Random Stranger posted:

He was dead when it was adopted so he's probably not a citizen.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gyges posted:

The other person who saw it was a farmer, not Ichabod. The first time Ichabod actually saw Moloch was in Cho's cell.

In the pilot Katrina told Ichabod in his dream that he was the First Witness and he actually saw Moloch in the dream world first.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lawlicaust posted:

He was dead when it was adopted so he's probably not a citizen.

He wasn't dead, he sneaks in under a legal loophole. Black magic is good like that.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Jedit posted:

It's better than that: he's over 35 and was resident in the US before 1776, so he could be President.

But does he have a birth certificate to back it up?

I am crazy in love with this show, I realized. I haven't been this excited about a show in awhile.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

There's no way he would not be elected President. Founding father soldier Boston Tea Party engineer? I can only hope this show goes Sons of Anarchy level bad and season 8 is an Ichabod Presidency.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Radio! posted:

He saw it in his dream, which is where he infers he's the second witness from. But personally I have been running with the assumption that we will have a time travel sequence, where Ichabod goes back in time and adds convenient hints to ensure that Abby's mission is a success, like faking being a farmer who saw Moloch and so on. Really, I'm holding out for this show to go crazy.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Midnight City posted:

There's no way he would not be elected President. Founding father soldier Boston Tea Party engineer? I can only hope this show goes Sons of Anarchy level bad and season 8 is an Ichabod Presidency.

Well the plotline only calls for 7 years. If they get that far and more, why not just go as crazy as they want with it.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Midnight City posted:

That's what most people in the thread have been saying. Not sure why neither of them in the show have addressed it when it seems pretty obvious.

Really? drat I've been following the thread and I somehow missed y'all having the same thought. Well at least I'm in good company.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

He saw it in his dream, which is where he infers he's the second witness from. But personally I have been running with the assumption that we will have a time travel sequence, where Ichabod goes back in time and adds convenient hints to ensure that Abby's mission is a success, like faking being a farmer who saw Moloch and so on. Really, I'm holding out for this show to go crazy.

Or maybe the real farmer is also still magically alive and he and Ichabod can duke it out with the Mills over which pair are the real witnesses.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Full crazy: Headless Horseman follows Ichabod back in time.

WITH MACHINE GUNS

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Full crazy: Headless Horseman follows Ichabod back in time.

WITH MACHINE GUNS

Season five is Guns of the South Redcoats.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope the writers read Deadpool comics and just steal the Ben Franklin's ghost idea. Or have a time traveling Ben Franklin.

Just bring in Ben Franklin.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

mr.capps posted:

Who should play him?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

KilGrey posted:

Who should play him?

John Noble*

*not really, here's his dude "FOX announced Friday (Sept. 20) that Noble would appear over several episodes, starting later in Season 1. He will play a man named Henry Parrish. Described as kind and reclusive, he "possesses supernatural powers that have the potential to help the series' protagonist Ichabod Crane"

Maarak fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 12, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mr.capps posted:

I hope the writers read Deadpool comics and just steal the Ben Franklin's ghost idea. Or have a time traveling Ben Franklin.

Down with this. Ben Franklin with assault rifles one-upping the Horseman would be amazing.

Or going with an earlier goon suggestion, and retconning the source of the Burr-Hamilton duel due to the opposing witches covens.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DOOP posted:

Down with this. Ben Franklin with assault rifles one-upping the Horseman would be amazing.

Or going with an earlier goon suggestion, and retconning the source of the Burr-Hamilton duel due to the opposing witches covens.

That was me also.

Just hire me as a writer Sleepy Hollow.

KilGrey posted:

Who should play him?

Harold Ramis.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 12, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

KilGrey posted:

Who should play him?

Tom Wilkinson. (Why not aim for the stars?)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm legitly sad to not have come in on this sooner. Thank gently caress for Hulu, though!

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
So Abby knew Corbin all this time, worked with him, but didn't know that Corbin was frequently hanging out and working with/training Jenny all this time? I'm also confused about when and why Jenny ended up in the psych ward and whether Corbin tried to get her out (if it was before he died). I'm assuming that he just knew Abby wasn't on board with the occult stuff and just kept it to himself, but it seems a lot to keep from his friend/surrogate daughter especially since it's regarding her estranged sister. I'm sure I just missed some details, but I didn't get this part.

Still loving the poo poo out of this show, and the opening bit with the Northstar lady was pure gold.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I watched the first episode when it premiered and didn't really care for it much. Last night I watched it again and somehow got the "hook" so I blew through the next couple of episodes until I caught up. Wow, this show is National Treasure + Hocus Pocus + Diablo and I loving love it.

Hef Deezy posted:

So is Orlando Jones totally a part of the Hesion conspiracy? I feel like it was implied in the pilot that he was in on the crazy, but since then he's been much more neutral as the lead cop. Thoughts?

If he's in on it then he's pretty smart by letting Crane and Mills work in that secret office so he'll have a much easier time of keeping tabs on them and what they actually know.

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 12, 2013

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Croisquessein posted:

So Abby knew Corbin all this time, worked with him, but didn't know that Corbin was frequently hanging out and working with/training Jenny all this time? I'm also confused about when and why Jenny ended up in the psych ward and whether Corbin tried to get her out (if it was before he died). I'm assuming that he just knew Abby wasn't on board with the occult stuff and just kept it to himself, but it seems a lot to keep from his friend/surrogate daughter especially since it's regarding her estranged sister. I'm sure I just missed some details, but I didn't get this part.

Still loving the poo poo out of this show, and the opening bit with the Northstar lady was pure gold.

Yes, Abby knew Corbin all this time but had no idea he was also working with her sister Jenny. I believe Jenny was put in the psych ward after getting arrested for stealing a bunch of survival gear and claiming she needed it because the Biblical Apocalypse was coming. I can't remember if the show said how long ago that was exactly, but it was several years at least. I don't think there was any information about whether Corbin tried to get her out or not. I imagine he didn't say anything to Abby because she and her sister did not get along, and Jenny was very angry with her. She may have even requested that he not tell Abby.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

violetdragon posted:

Yes, Abby knew Corbin all this time but had no idea he was also working with her sister Jenny. I believe Jenny was put in the psych ward after getting arrested for stealing a bunch of survival gear and claiming she needed it because the Biblical Apocalypse was coming. I can't remember if the show said how long ago that was exactly, but it was several years at least. I don't think there was any information about whether Corbin tried to get her out or not. I imagine he didn't say anything to Abby because she and her sister did not get along, and Jenny was very angry with her. She may have even requested that he not tell Abby.

Yes, I picked all that up, my confusion lies in how it actually happened. It just seemed a stretch that in all that time Abby never found out about Corbin's long association with her sister, and that Jenny would not know Corbin had said nothing to Abby. Makes sense he doesn't want anybody knowing about the undercover cult research he's doing, I just wonder how he pulled it off.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I follow Orlando Jones on Tumblr and he's posting pictures from NYC Comic-Con. Here's a cool post: Meeting real life Sleepy Hollow black female cop, Officer Wendy Yancey.

Hope the fight against the Apocalypse is going well for her. :3:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Tom Wilkinson. (Why not aim for the stars?)

Didn't Wilkinson play him in John Adams? I recall him being pretty good in that.

Just caught up on the series, absolutely love it. The sequence from the thread title had me on the floor and I hope the evil Hessian demon cult sticks around.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Maarak posted:

John Noble*

*not really, here's his dude "FOX announced Friday (Sept. 20) that Noble would appear over several episodes, starting later in Season 1. He will play a man named Henry Parrish. Described as kind and reclusive, he "possesses supernatural powers that have the potential to help the series' protagonist Ichabod Crane"

I was at the NYCC panel today and... Noble is going to play a Sin-Eater. Also, the panel was awesome. We all sang Katia Winter a happy birthday, Orlando Jones talked about shipping, a Freemason came up begged them for more cheesy secret society plotlines; it was wonderful.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

FYI, at NY Comic-Con the series creators confirmed this:

John Noble is the "Sin-Eater."

Also I think the stars were loopy from not getting any sleep as they got the typical swooning fanservice questions during a Q+A and in most cases did all right but were stumped by some other questions. Orlando Jones was right on top of things looking out for his fellow actors. Tom Mison called himself a strumping ponce or something similar. Katia Winter (the woman who portrays Katrina Crane) told everyone to watch out for her as she will be figuring a lot more in the next few episodes. They showed 8 minutes of an episode that will air not this week but the next.

Abbie takes Ichabod to a baseball game, Ichabod gets kidnapped, Katrina warns Abbie in a dreamtime sequence

e;f;b

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mr. Fowl posted:

I was at the NYCC panel today and... Noble is going to play a Sin-Eater.

Well I see the hits will keep on coming

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Mr. Fowl posted:

I was at the NYCC panel today and... Noble is going to play a Sin-Eater.

This is not really related to the show, except that that wikipedia article's line "not to be confused with the '80s pop singer Sinitta." I was pretty worried about getting those two things confused, for sure.

Since that wasn't related, here's something that is:
DVR recordings have brought Sleepy Hollow up in ratings a crazy amount apparently. Adding DVR numbers makes it Fox's second highest rated show, period. Fox's number 1 rated show is NFL, so yeah... go Sleepy Hollow!
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/13/sleepy-hollow-dvr/

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

So I might have just binged through the first four episodes of this on Hulu.

This show is hilarious and pushes all my Buffy buttons. The person who called this Buffy by way of Fringe/Supernatural was dead on. I particularly love that they're going balls to the wall nuts straight out the gate. No slow burn here.

I just want more ZombieCho.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Another horseman!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
War?

Going for a Sun Tzu style?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Hahha Ichabod examining the loofah.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What is this impenetrable barrier?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't pestilence the second horseman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Maxwell Lord posted:

What is this impenetrable barrier?

I so agree with him on that one. I ask myself that every time.

And they better step away from Ichabod's hot 1700's wear! Its...um..vital to the plot!

• Locked thread