Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Nika posted:

Fuckin' dahhhhh!

poo poo DICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

You could probably play 4 rounds of Base Invaders in the time it gets to wave 10 of survival if you're playing with people that know what they're doing. 25k payout for every win. Unfortunately most people just run straight out into the open thinking they're Rambo and get mowed down in less than a second by half a dozen army dudes. The sniper rifle and some explosives are your best friends during that mission.

Actually, the empty buzzards that spawn in the base without protection are your best friend in that mission ;p

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

About to hit 27. When I do, the Base Invader invites will flow freely (I hope).

Add or message me if you're interested.

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

If I was playing with any goons earlier, apologies for getting pulled away from the PS3 a lot during missions.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Das Butterbrot posted:

Actually, the empty buzzards that spawn in the base without protection are your best friend in that mission ;p

Where do those spawn? I haven't seen them on the base and using another jet just takes way too long.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Hey 360 goons, if anyone is down for golf, racing (real or boosting for wins) or anything else under the sun, hit me up, I have a mic and I'm a pretty amazing getaway driver.

Woodburger fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 17, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So how many crews can you belong to, exactly?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Thumbtacks posted:

So how many crews can you belong to, exactly?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Had a weird, but useful bug earlier. I figured I should buy a garage with the money I had already saved up, since hey, stimulus package later in the month. So I went and snagged a 6 car but for whatever reason, the game didn't charge me. I still have the garage, but it left my $110k alone. I ended up blowing that money on a Comet because gently caress yeah, Comets. Also, as soon as the camera service stops being silly, I can proudly say I joined the Phoenix owners club :3:

In fact...

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 14, 2013

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to mute everybody?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Bombtrack posted:

Is there a way to mute everybody?

Hold Back/Select, go down to the voice chat option and set it to No One.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Some big mean goon from Goon Street tried to collect my bounty while I was getting a haircut. So I called in the death squad on them :ohdear:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Someone in a game with me earlier was talking about re-ordering the cars in his garage, how is this done? I try pulling one out, then another, and changing order I put them away, but it just places it back in the spot it was in before.

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Obsurveyor posted:

Hold Back/Select, go down to the voice chat option and set it to No One.

Awesome thanks.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Anybody know how long it takes for one of those injected SVG emblems to process? I've heard they take a while but I've had one processing for almost a day now and I'm kind of worried that R* ate my image. :saddowns:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Slim Killington posted:

Someone in a game with me earlier was talking about re-ordering the cars in his garage, how is this done? I try pulling one out, then another, and changing order I put them away, but it just places it back in the spot it was in before.

That was me. I was trying a few different methods, and none of them really worked too well. I ended up losing several cars.

That said; if you plan it out ahead of time, then just put placeholder cars in your garage, that works. I filled mine with 10 random cars, then just sold them as I found the cars I wanted in any specific slot. I'm kinda anal about my cars being in a certain order like that. My Sand King is at the back, then the Sheriff SUV, then my Benefactor Sedan (forget the name) and so on...

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Anybody know how long it takes for one of those injected SVG emblems to process? I've heard they take a while but I've had one processing for almost a day now and I'm kind of worried that R* ate my image. :saddowns:

I made one that took about 2 days, it wasn't especially complicated either so I wouldn't worry yet.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

XenophobicAirport posted:

Some random NPC put a 9000 dollar bounty on me for stealing her car. I've found that when evading your head being collected, grabbing a boat and standing out at sea with it works really well. So I call up Lester and tell him to point out a boat to me.

When I get to the dot he marked, I find it's a goddamn submarine. :monocle:

I dived down to the depths of the ocean offshore and I now have people waiting for me on the beach/swimming down to get me. I highly recommend doing this. All I'm missing is some popcorn.

I figure it's also an excellent way to go ahead and grab the "Evade your bounty for a day" achievement.

Edit: HMS Goonsub in action

Just the other day I was chasing a bounty who did just that. I see him in the middle of the Blaine County lake and I'm thinking he's in a chopper or something, so I grab myself a chopper at the airfield, which turns out to be a chinook. I tried to lift a car so i can drop it on him in case he's swimming but don't remember which button it was so I go without it. When I reach him I realize he's in fact underwater in what I think is a car. I'm sitting there in my chopper thinking "What the gently caress, you can get infinite breathing?!?! This is bullshit! Nothing is infinite in this game so why should breathing be?!?!"

And then I realize he's in a loving submarine. So I land my chopper and affix some sticky bombs to it hoping to basically depth charge the gently caress out of him using a giant loving seagull explosive. I crash my chopper appr where he is but he starts sailing off and when I blow up the chopper no dice. Would have been cool if it worked. So now I'm loving stranded in the lake with nothing but a knife, but now he decides to surface which is great because I can board his sub and try to sticky bomb it, but WAIT he's getting out and he's gonna machine gun me! I try diving and avoiding and this goes on back and forth a bit and eventually he kills me. His bounty ends but I'm still pissed off and I want to kill him on principle. So im shadowing the lake waiting for him to gently caress up, I even try looking for boats on the docks and NOTHING. Eventually I see that for some reason someone else is in the sub and he's swimming so I whip out the handy Barrett sniper rifle I got from survival missions and waste the fucker. gently caress the bounty, gently caress the money, vengeance is mine! Later I whip out my minigun and blow up the guy in the sub too because gently caress that sub.

As much bitching as I do about leveling and unlocks, it does make you get creative when you have a bounty who's a slippery fucker. Honestly sticky bombs for me are a slice of heaven. I can't tell you how many times I've used those things to kill bounties or people just following me because they are pissed or just want "pubbie" to stomp

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 14, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

beanieson posted:

I think your characters share a bank account, someone mentioned earlier a scam where you create a 2nd character who holds all the cash as kind of an offshore account to save money on free roam deaths.

Is this still doable or did they fix it? If your "offshore" account has the money banked is it "saved"?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well that's some bullshit. Can't finish this Trainyard Survival because the last cop has spawned inside a container. He can shoot us with impunity but no one can get at him even with explosives.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Lotish posted:

Well that's some bullshit. Can't finish this Trainyard Survival because the last cop has spawned inside a container. He can shoot us with impunity but no one can get at him even with explosives.

The round should eventually end after enough time passes.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Still waiting for somebody to grind races with on PS3. ANybody else wanna?

count me in. I'm bored and watching goon theft TV via my apartment

PSN is didunoelgaming

Dookie-In-The-Pants
May 7, 2008

You don't have to tell me
this is a bad joke.....
you CAN just ignore it.
Just tried doing the sandy shores survival glitch, made it to the end! Of course before then the other dipshits were complaining about me cheating, talking about reporting me and such nonsense. Felt real good when I was the lone survivor for two rounds in a row and the chatter stopped.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Apologies if this has been asked before, but how am I supposed to unlock the "free" Garage for signing up for the R* Social Club?

I've been told to visit the Dynasty8 Real Estate website in game and that there should be a free garage listed amongst the other properties (Unit 124 Popular St.?)… but for me it's ~$30k. :(

I have a Social Club account that's linked to my XBOX Live account.… anything else I'm supposed to do? Anything I'm doing wrong?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dookie-In-The-Pants posted:

Just tried doing the sandy shores survival glitch, made it to the end! Of course before then the other dipshits were complaining about me cheating, talking about reporting me and such nonsense. Felt real good when I was the lone survivor for two rounds in a row and the chatter stopped.

Why would they give a poo poo? It's co-op

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

chomper posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how am I supposed to unlock the "free" Garage for signing up for the R* Social Club?

I've been told to visit the Dynasty8 Real Estate website in game and that there should be a free garage listed amongst the other properties (Unit 124 Popular St.?)… but for me it's ~$30k. :(

I have a Social Club account that's linked to my XBOX Live account.… anything else I'm supposed to do? Anything I'm doing wrong?

I think that's CE only.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Feenix posted:

So are armored trucks extremely rare or is this a bug and can I do anything about it to make them show up?

I've seen one exactly once and I think I was in the air and by the time I tried going to it, poof it was gone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Reo posted:

I think I need to stop playing with the emblem editor.

I would buy this for 10 bucks

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

I've seen one exactly once and I think I was in the air and by the time I tried going to it, poof it was gone

I've seen about 5 since the last patch. Never saw one before that.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

PaganGoatPants posted:

I think that's CE only.

Argh. drat. Thanks though!

Now I'm wondering if it's better to buy a garage now at level 11 with $30k total or wait until that R* Stimulus package shows up?!

p.s. If anyone wants to add me (I sent a request to the 1000-1009 crew) my XBOX GT is: Laccville

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

chomper posted:

Argh. drat. Thanks though!

Now I'm wondering if it's better to buy a garage now at level 11 with $30k total or wait until that R* Stimulus package shows up?!

p.s. If anyone wants to add me (I sent a request to the 1000-1009 crew) my XBOX GT is: Laccville

Save up, get one of the 6 car garages, then when you get the stimulus package you can go for the $250k apartment. That's how i'm doing it anyways. Might as well grab a garage now in case you see something cool you want to hang on to.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

T1g4h posted:

Save up, get one of the 6 car garages, then when you get the stimulus package you can go for the $250k apartment. That's how i'm doing it anyways. Might as well grab a garage now in case you see something cool you want to hang on to.

As someone that's only 20% thru single player mode and just started GTAO yesterday, what are the benefits of apartments/homes?

Obviously prized vehicles can be accessed and stored through the garages but what benefits do residencies have?

Sorry for my ignorance! :)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

nasboat posted:

do you (or anyone else) have any tips on pulling this off as easy as possible? I know it's 'get a 4-start wanted level, call Lester to lose the wanted level, then steal the SUV' but don't you have to have a little separation from the cops in order for Lester to be able to remove the wanted level? Wondering if there's a particularly easy area to do this one in, would like to add the SUV to my garage.

I didn't have to have any separation from the cops for Lester to get rid of my wanted level. I was in a tank and they were firing at me while I was calling him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I wish there was a way to tell Simeon to gently caress off and stop sending missions. I'm level 30, I'm not gonna drive 10+ miles chasing down some lovely car just for $1000.

Is there a guide that tells you what missions pay out? I can no longer count with my fingers how many Goddamn missions I've had to chase a loving car cross country, die or lose the car for some lovely reason and then do it again all for poo poo pay. There needs to be trigger warnings for cross country loving chases. It's no wonder single player missions cut you off when a car gets away, it's a mercy kill really

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Party Plane Jones posted:

The Mixed Up With Cocaine mission for Martin is absolutely insanely easy if you have a Buzzard. If you see an invite from me for that mission just join for the free 18k while I zoom around with missile locks.

We just put one guy at the construction site and the other 2 guys near where the runners spawn. Mission done in 30 seconds. I haven't got time to be waiting for you to fly around the map! There's GTA dollars to be made!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slim Killington posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A proper ingame menu? No. A way to do it, yea.

1. Make sure your garage is full. If it isn't, just stuff it with any type of car.
2. Drive whatever car you want to move around out of your garage.
3. Steal a random car.
4. Drive your newly stolen car into your garage and have it replace the car that is outside / you want to move. Don't worry, it wont disappear.
5. Leave the garage on foot(I think you are kicked out anyways) and get back into your old car.
6. Now you can drive it into your garage and change its location with another vehicle.

:siren:Note: The car you move around WILL LOSE ALL ITS UPGRADES.:siren: Also if you select another personal vehicle out of your garage while there is currently another unsaved personal vehicle outside, it will disappear.

Also another goon posted that a full garage leads to bugs or whatever. I think I experienced this myself when my sheriff suv changed spots and ate a car in the last slot. So just to be safe, sell off a car so you don't have a full garage once you are done moving them around. Would be great if anyone else could post if they have had cars disappear / get eaten if their garage is full.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

chomper posted:

As someone that's only 20% thru single player mode and just started GTAO yesterday, what are the benefits of apartments/homes?

Obviously prized vehicles can be accessed and stored through the garages but what benefits do residencies have?

Sorry for my ignorance! :)

Apartments are safe hiding spots in case you have a bounty. The high end ones also have windows, so you can watch the chaos below if stuff is going on near you. Also, you can use the TVs to watch what other players are up to in multi if you're busy doing real-life stuff and need some entertainment.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Apartments are safe hiding spots in case you have a bounty. The high end ones also have windows, so you can watch the chaos below if stuff is going on near you. Also, you can use the TVs to watch what other players are up to in multi if you're busy doing real-life stuff and need some entertainment.

As someone who hid out in a garage when I had a bounty on me, a part of me wishes there was a way to break in still. At least when someone is in a sub you can try and get creative with choppers and stuff, I don't know. Burglary should be a thing. Maybe cuz I'm not a mansion owning Republican yet

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

As someone who hid out in a garage when I had a bounty on me, a part of me wishes there was a way to break in still. At least when someone is in a sub you can try and get creative with choppers and stuff, I don't know. Burglary should be a thing. Maybe cuz I'm not a mansion owning Republican yet

As someone whose only possessions are a garage, a Comet, and a variety of muscle cars, I'd rather not have pubbies with the ability to break in and jack my stuff :v:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

I spent several minutes in a Buzzard lobbing rockets at a dudes apartment window earlier. My hope was to annoy him enough that he came out and let me collect his bounty, but he ended up just logging. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Doing the racing glitch I make at most 2 bars per race, can anyone else chime in on their gains and if they're leveling faster? Me and my partner are 85 and 66 respectively.

• Locked thread