Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

We've had both cinema and animation threads for years and now finally a TV thread. Rejoice for Smallville is no longer on the air and live action television adaptations of comic book properties have improved. Feel free to use this thread to discuss current live action shows, past shows and in particular their differences from their comic book properties.

Current Shows

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

From the people that brought you all those Marvel films you've watched since Iron Man comes Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel, Marvel, Marvel, a Joss Whedon and Jeph Loeb production. Following on from the events of Avengers and Iron Man 3 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. follows Agent Coulson (who is totally not an LMD) as he puts together a team of wise cracking agents who travel the world fighting bad dudes. Coulson's team consists of Agent Melinda May (the retired superbad rear end who doesn't want to fight but will), Agent Grant Ward (the blandest dude imaginable), Skye (super hacker with secrets of her own), Agent Leo Fitz (male scientist with goofy accent) and Agent Jemma Simmons (female scientist with goofy accent). Basically it's a Joss Whedon show.

The Appeal
Out of all the show's on the horizon Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the one with the biggest opportunity to have big effects, movie stars and crazy superhero/villains. Whether it capitalizes on any of this remains to be seen.

ARROW

A couple of years ago someone in DC sat down and really enjoyed Nolan's Batman films and thought "maybe we could make a TV show like that" and so Arrow was born. The show follows Oliver Queen who has recently returned to Starling City after being thought to be dead for years after getting lost at sea. The reason for his return? To murder as many bad guys as he can. The show switches between the present day and his "lost years" on a mysterious island where he was trained in the ways of vigilantism by Deathstroke. Season One has been recently added to Netflix and focuses on Oliver attempting to adjust to a vigilante lifestyle while acquiring a team of helpers. The recently started Season Two will escalate things adding more heroes and more villains as Oliver attempts to adjust from murderous vigilante to masked hero. Starring Oliver Queen aka The Hood aka Green Arrow, Oliver's Abs (impervious to pain and unable to be contained by shirts), Diggle (the badass sidekick), Felicity Smoak (the smart sidekick and no relation to Firestorm), Dinah "Laurel" Lance (the love interest and one day Black Canary), Thea Queen (Speedy) and Roy Harper (the soon to be Red Arrow, Arsenal, Probably not Speedy). Basically it's a CW show.

The Appeal: Within it's first season Arrow threw out some great fight scenes, some interesting twists on DC characters and has set up some interesting plots. It's not been afraid to use established comic characters and has Slade Wilson, Count Vertigo, Merlin, Deadshot, China White, Huntress and more show up and Season 2 is bringing The Flash on board. Enjoying dude's abs is a plus.

THE WALKING DEAD

One of the biggest shows around doesn't really get talked a lot in BSS but fits under the banner. The series follows Rick Grimes and his band of merry followers as they try to survive a zombie apocalypse while constantly meeting up terrible people who also want to kill them.

The Appeal Zombies? If somebody wants to write up a better description for the show go ahead.

FUTURE SHOWS

The Flash

The Flashiest show around. Building off the hype of Arrow DC/CW are using the momentum to give the Flash his own series. Barry Allen, fastest man around, tries to be a superhero, deal with bad guys and solve the mystery of his mothers murder (spoilers it was Zoom, it's always Zoom).

TV Blurb

quote:

The Flash
EPs | Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns, David Nutter, Melissa Kellner Berman
DIRECTOR | David Nutter (Arrow)
CAST | Grant Gustin (Glee), Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order), Danielle Panabaker (Shark), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Candice Patton (The Game), Tom Cavanagh (Ed), John Wesley Shipp (the 90s The Flash), Carlos Valdes, guest star Patrick Sabongui, recurring star Michelle Harrison (Emily Owens, MD)
Based upon characters published by DC Comics, through a freak accident, scientist Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

Gotham

DC train keeps on rolling. Follow Detective Jim Gordon and Bullock as they team up with everybody "before they were heroes or villains". Smallville for 2014? Sleep Hollow in Gotham? Cancelled after half a series? Does anybody care about the story of young Batman.

quote:

Gotham is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller ("The Mentalist," "Rome"), "Gotham" follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, "Southland," "The O.C.") romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, Open Grave, "Breaking In"), Gordon is living his dream ? even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, Sons of Anarchy, Terriers, Vikings, Copper), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, Touch), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, The Matrix films, HawthoRNe, Collateral), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, The Walking Dead,? Another Earth).

Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, ?Burn Notice?), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, "Camelot," ?Elementary?). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

Untitled Walking Dead Spin-Off

The main series is so successful it's got it's own spin off in the pipeline following new characters. If none of them are called Clementine I probably won't care :colbert:

PROBABLY WON'T EVER BEEN SEEN

Constantine

Because nobody will ever call a show Hellblazer.

TV Blurb

quote:

Based on the wildly popular comic book series “Hellblazer” from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine (Matt Ryan, “Criminal Minds”) specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight — or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he’s decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv (Lucy Griffiths, “True Blood”), the daughter of one of Constantine’s oldest friends, he’s reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he’ll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it’s revealed that Liv’s “second sight” — an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences — is a threat to a mysterious new evil that’s rising in the shadows. Now it’s not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all. The cast also includes Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford. Writer Daniel Cerone (“The Mentalist,” “Dexter”) serves as executive producer with David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel,” “The Dark Knight Rises”). “Constantine” is produced from Bonanza Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The show is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.

iZombie

iZombie was a fun zombie book by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred about a zombie that must eat brains once a month to pass for human. This show isn't that. But it is by Rob Thomas so maybe it'll be fun.

TV Blurb

quote:

EPs | Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars), Diane Ruggiero, Danielle Stokdyk, Dan Etheridge
CAST | David Anders (Once Upon a Time, Alias), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), Alexandra Krosney (Last Man Standing), Nora Dunn (Entourage), Rahul Kohli
A med student-turned-zombie takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. Based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, and published by DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint.

Defenders

Marvel realsied they had a bunch of properties that wouldn't fit into Avengers films. Netflix realised that Marvel things now make money. By their forces combined we have The Defenders series/events. Split across multiple years and shows it will attempt to do The Avengers on the small screen. First up in 2015 will be Daredevil and Jessica Jones series, followed by Luke Cage and Iron Fist having their own separate series before leading into a Defenders mini series event. All on Netflix.

quote:

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Locke & Key

A TV pilot was made by Mark Romanek a number of years back but was never picked up and so far has only been shown at various conventions. The most people can hope for is that it leaks at some point.

THE PAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1cMt2ADzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2woRmWMhm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9b7ZQ3Zkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_IykbJd19Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rebg5YfiBEI

If I've forgotten anything let me know and i'll edit it in.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
In response the SHIELD ep3 having created an original villain:

Hall is the Avenger villain Graviton. I don't know if his comic origin was the same, but he isn't original. I also enjoyed the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
You forgot the first Shield show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTR8x3jpDdQ

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Soonmot posted:

Hall is the Avenger villain Graviton. I don't know if his comic origin was the same, but he isn't original. I also enjoyed the show.

Ah, that makes sense then. I knew there was a gravity-based villain (albeit from the EMH cartoon though for some reason I thought he was an original creation for that as well). Though the team would have to seriously tool up in terms of stuff like Hulkbusters and whatnot if they start going toe-to-toe with supervillains. On an unrelated matter, the fanboy inside me wants teasers to start cropping up in the episodes for Avengers 2 or even the Dark World. (Yes I want my entertainment to be a marketing vehicle for other entertainment I'd go see anyway, shush).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

If I've forgotten anything let me know and i'll edit it in.

I thought of a few things.

1950s: The Adventures of Superman, B&W and color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2l4bz1FT8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1C8d2qZrbA

'60s: The Green Hornet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIwsqFjfKPs

'70s: Wonder Woman (they had a different one each season)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx2JdJhAL94

The Incredible Hulk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuAcneSU7ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5aTiJEGGk

Spider-Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcCt2Ag4Sg

'80s: Superboy/The Adventures of Superboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzokRx6wixQ

'90s: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-N3o1IAxFc
(this show apparently had a new intro variation every season :psyduck: )

Sorry for the awful quality on some of these, I'd make my own if I knew how just to not have hideously ugly versions as the only things available.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 13, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
God, Mutant X was garbage. And so different from the comics that didn't they sue Marvel to not have to pay for the name? Like, it was an off-brand X-Men rip-off. Change the terminology and it'd be as safe as Relic Hunter (lovely Canadian Tia Carrere-starring Tomb Raider rip-off).

Milotic posted:

Ah, that makes sense then. I knew there was a gravity-based villain (albeit from the EMH cartoon though for some reason I thought he was an original creation for that as well). Though the team would have to seriously tool up in terms of stuff like Hulkbusters and whatnot if they start going toe-to-toe with supervillains.

With Graviton, probably, though you could maybe work something where he's just a normal guy in terms of the punishment he can take, so sneak attacks work? And they half have their excuse with Ming-na Wen's character basically being an Agent 13/Black Widow/Mockingbird stand-in. They could even slip a line in where she was on the shortlist for the Avenger Initiative before she asked for desk duty.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

THE WALKING DEAD

The Appeal Zombies? If somebody wants to write up a better description for the show go ahead.

The Appeal Masochism. If you hate yourself this is the show to watch because it is unbelievably garbage. It somehow manages to be worse than the comic and the comic was already an embarrassment to the medium of sequential art.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
The Arrow show is really good. I just started it cause the first season was on Netflix and I love it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The Appeal Masochism. If you hate yourself this is the show to watch because it is unbelievably garbage. It somehow manages to be worse than the comic and the comic was already an embarrassment to the medium of sequential art.

On the other hand, the episodes with Morgan are both great, and some of the scenes between Meryl and Daryl are really good, to the point where the show can move between being one of the best shows on television and one of the worst in a single episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Missing Link posted:

The Arrow show is really good. I just started it cause the first season was on Netflix and I love it.

Gotta respect it for going balls-out with the DCU stuff. Second episode of the season and we're getting a 3-way between Bronze Tiger, China White and Green Arrow (who uses green arrowheads, fletching, a green hood and green mascara...)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arrow is so TV-tooled and still manages to be faithful to the source material and of decent quality in spite of itself. It's honestly impressive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am going to have to check out Arrow. I certainly enjoyed Smallville when it had wider DCU stuff in it. Now if it just was on Canadian netflix we'd be all set.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I am going to have to check out Arrow. I certainly enjoyed Smallville when it had wider DCU stuff in it. Now if it just was on Canadian netflix we'd be all set.

Unblock US is totally worth the $5/month

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I jumped into the second season without having seen any of the first and it worked great for me (you can see it streaming on ctv.ca). It's obviously a CW show so it "behaves" a certain way and Oliver Queen could feel less like a Batman knock-off but they look like they're taking him in a cool, superhero-appropriate story and that is fun to see.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Arrow is also a super melodramatic show for teenagers, so everything you don't like about The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars is also present in Arrow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Unblock US is totally worth the $5/month

But I can only use it on my computer and I have a nice big HD tv I'd want to watch it on. Or my kindle HD.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

But I can only use it on my computer and I have a nice big HD tv I'd want to watch it on. Or my kindle HD.

Set it up right on your router and it works for everything

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

Arrow is also a super melodramatic show for teenagers, so everything you don't like about The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars is also present in Arrow.

Yeah, that is the CW part of it. A lot of characters entering a set, STATING their EMOTIONS, then the scene ends. It's just how any show on that network will be. That being said, everyone's soapy emotional stories do tie together.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Yep, I've done it, and it was quick and easy. EU Netflix sucks rear end.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Arrow is high on melodrama but I think they mix things up enough to keep it fresh and it's superhero stuff so it kind of comes with the territory. It also has call backs to The Raid and Oldboy with it's fight scenes which counteract that.

McSpanky posted:

I thought of a few things.

The music on the old Spider-Man tv series :allears:

Also those videos got me thinking of some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzJT9zqVZtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vTH9GnFRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUrtwC6LmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7TR4ixOkhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5d6BUq6rYI

And to end on the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MxGtH-2duM

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That one's good, but I feel Marvel tries to play up the "This is insane" factor a little too much in their trailer. I prefer the original intro because it's just doing everything you'd expect out of a live-action Spider-Man intro with bad web special effects and wall crawling and a lot of posing, then out of loving nowhere Spider-Man summons a giant robot at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPX-FX0KStE

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Cool, I will have to try that out once I get a chance.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Soonmot posted:

As the reigning West Coast Avengers expert in BSS or maybe anywhere, I'll chime in:

No, it's not.

That said, the ending of the episode ties in pretty close to the origin in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. In EMH, Hall has been kept in a permanent comatose state because he's too powerful to have conscious, but they can't kill him either. So he's hidden away and the proverbial key is thrown away, it's one of no doubt a million of Fury's dirty little secrets. When the poo poo keeping him under fails he wakes up and realizes he's lost the past 10 years of his life and he is loving PISSED. The end of the episode sets up a similar thing, but with Coulson hiding him instead of Fury.

The origin for Graviton in the comics is a little less dignified. Frank Hall is a lovely scientist who accidentally gets powers. However, given that he's such a lovely, petty person his immediate reaction is to use them to gently caress with people who he feels have slighted him. Graviton is arguably one of the most powerful beings on the planet, but because he's such an egotistic, small minded person he routinely gets foiled by the West Coast Avengers. The roster that stops him is Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Wonder Man, and either Drunk Iron Man or Rhodey Iron Man.

Here's his origin as explained by him, West Coast Avengers #13

And this image sums up both Graviton and Tigra nicely:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The EMH premiere with him is still one of my favourite moments from that show. He increases gravity to the point where none of the Avengers can get off the ground, not even Thor.

Then Hulk starts to get up. So Graviton redoubles the force he's putting on them.

Then Hulk starts to get up.

It does raise the question in the SHIELD series of if he's too powerful to actually bring back, short of having Hemsworth or someone doing a sweeps week guest shot.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

I'm glad that someone posted stuff about the Japanese Spider-Man show, even if it's just teasers or trailers. SA's Chip and Ironicus has done a Retsuprae of the first episode you can watch here on their website. The show is just as crazy as you think it is.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Hahaha, his origin is "I was working on a teleportation device when a dramatic accident occurred.....at which point I spazzed my way into the middle of a totally-unrelated gravity experiment and got zapped."

That's awesome. I hope the writer did it that way to intentionally make fun of the lab accident trope.

I also like how at first he just uses his powers to gently caress with his coworkers. Honestly, that's the first thing I'd do, too.

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 15, 2013

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Billy Idle posted:

That's awesome. I hope the writer did it that way to intentionally make fun of the lab accident trope.
I assure you, it was played completely straight. Because that's how comics rolled back then. :cool:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Another couple that crashed and burned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlcO39gUyvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLGbRBjrL4

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
If Deadline's sources on this are good, Marvel apparently has some very ambitious TV plans for the next few years... which, despite their corporate ownership, may not necessarily involve traditional broadcast or cable networks.

quote:

No one would breathe a word, with rumors that everyone from top to bottom is bound by strict nondisclosure agreements, but I hear that Marvel is quietly putting together a package of four drama series and a miniseries — a total of some 60 episodes — that would be taken out to the VOD and cable space, with Netflix, Amazon and WGN America rumored as potential candidates. Feelers had been send out, and I hear there’s already interest from digital platforms and traditional cable networks in the package, which I hear is in very early stages with very little talent attached. Reps for Marvel refused any comment.

quote:

Committing to 60 episodes off the bat is a big undertaking for a network/digital service but would make sense for outlets new to scripted programming that are looking to quickly build up a slate and want to capitalize on the Marvel brand.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

If Deadline's sources on this are good, Marvel apparently has some very ambitious TV plans for the next few years... which, despite their corporate ownership, may not necessarily involve traditional broadcast or cable networks.

Please be Netflix!

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

A few more shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqtm2T52lRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5LhB2X0cuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCkHqoEzoMc

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Gaz-L posted:

The EMH premiere with him is still one of my favourite moments from that show. He increases gravity to the point where none of the Avengers can get off the ground, not even Thor.

Then Hulk starts to get up. So Graviton redoubles the force he's putting on them.

Then Hulk starts to get up.

It does raise the question in the SHIELD series of if he's too powerful to actually bring back, short of having Hemsworth or someone doing a sweeps week guest shot.

Well to reiterate, his greatest weakness is that he's a lovely person always focused on the wrong goal. In the mini series he's focused on trying to become a crime boss. In the above issue he's trying to embarrass the WCA and, I poo poo you not, set up a floating island where he can keep Tigra as a sex slave. Again, this is a dude who controls GRAVITY. When he brags all the time about having god like powers, he's not making GBS threads you. He really is that powerful. He just can't control himself, so he's a joke.

I can see in the show him coming out and being absurdly powerful, but because he's so focused on loving with Coulson and getting revenge he ultimately allows himself to get beat by the regular crew. It would fit with the character and also make the team look legitimate. Ordinary people taking on an extraordinary menace and finding a way to win.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Locke and Key is actually being made into a movie trilogy instead.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

This sounds like an excellent strategy to me. This way they are able to take a few more risks while simultaneously playing it safe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

WGN America? That's an odd (possible) choice for a network...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I watched every single episode of Dexter but still couldn't make it past one season of the Walking Dead. That's how loving bad it was.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Every night you come into my room
and pin me down
with your strong arms
you pin me down
and I try to fight you
you come inside me
you fill me up and I become the Nightman

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
You're missing the original (and best) human target intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7JrOj6HAc

Now with the Mission Impossible Mask Making Machine and the Forever Aloft Stealth Bomber HQ!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey remember when they tried to squeeze some more mileage out of the 1950s Superman TV series by sticking midgets in dog costumes and making them act out dumb pun-laden scripts on the Superman set?

SUPERPUP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnsZrVn0vc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Gaz-L posted:

That's the classic battle, though. The totally outmatched hero(es) against an impossible foe who they beat through a combination of skill, luck, planning, and the villain's hubris. The Fantastic Four vs Galactus, Spider-Man vs Thanos, Dazzler & Psylocke & Longshot & Rogue vs The Juggernaut, Squirrel Girl vs Doctor Doom. And so on and so forth. Frankly, I expect to see Ward, May, and Coulson sidelined pretty quickly and have it come down to Skye stalling him while FitzSimmons comes up with the final answer. The fact that they were hsi students adds pathos to the encounter.