Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Dinotron posted:

Has anyone done every performance modification on the Faggio yet? I bought one because I love Vespas, but I just wish it had a wee bit more 'umph. If anyone's modded theirs then I'd like to hear from them.

Also, what are some of the best performance motorcycles for modifying? I've seen Akumas on the leader boards from time to time, but is there something else I should be looking at?

I think the Bati 801 or 801rr is what youre looking for. Its only $15k from the online shop and is fast as gently caress unmodded, havent tried modding it yet. Be ready to die a lot if youre not 100% used to bikes on this game yet though.

Thanks to this thread for telling me about the sheriff SUV. I love that thing. Im rolling around with it as my primary vehicle, its pretty easy to make yourself look like a cop (tucked in blue shirt, black suit pants, black bulletproof vest & cop aviators) and bring pubbies to justice with the beretta, nightstick or pump shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dinotron posted:

Also, what are some of the best performance motorcycles for modifying?

The Bati RR and Double T are what you want for time min-max stuff if I remember right.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The Akuma looks the coolest, though. I wish the Double T custom was still in.

Loved this thing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dinotron posted:

Has anyone done every performance modification on the Faggio yet?

I did it in single player with Trevor's. It's always slow and terrible. Sorry :smith:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zombie Defiler posted:

Does anything stupid happen if you have zero dollars and you need to pay your mechanic / utility bills / healthcare?

I can't imagine that they would... actually I CAN imagine that rockstar would evict you if you couldn't pay the ~200 bucks a day apartment fees. I just hope it isn't the case.

Nope, think of it like being an illegal immigrant. gently caress I sound like a Tea Party activist

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MrLonghair posted:

My lead character got bruising right on his lips, looked like lipstick. It's a good reason why you want to have an apartment.

Hmm, any goons want to let a redhead use their shower? ;-*

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray

Zombie Defiler posted:

Does anything stupid happen if you have zero dollars and you need to pay your mechanic / utility bills / healthcare?

Yeah, they turn off the lights/tv/water in your apartment, and you can't have your personal car sent to you because 'you haven't paid your mechanic.'

No, I'm not kidding. I've been stuck this way for nearly three (real-time) days, even though I've got like 400k in the bank right now. It really sucks.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Capn Beeb posted:

The Akuma looks the coolest, though. I wish the Double T custom was still in.

Loved this thing.
I think the Akuma and the Bati are the top bikes overall (unless you need a Sanchez for dirt mountain paths). The Akuma is slower than the Double T but not by much and if those stat sheets are to be believed it has the top acceleration rating of basically all vehicles.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Dinotron posted:

Also, what are some of the best performance motorcycles for modifying? I've seen Akumas on the leader boards from time to time, but is there something else I should be looking at?

You can win races with any of them, it's player preference. The Akuma's acceleration outstrips the others though. I am yet to purchase the turbo, so I don't know if it makes it bonkers or does nothing to improve it. The tranny upgrade though is a good one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

All the bikes can cap acceleration anyways, so the Akuma is only quicker to top speed compared to other stock bikes. I like the Dinka Double T because it looks awesome.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
All things being equal, that matters. I've seen more than a few people turn off custom vehicles for bike races.

BobloRascobar
Dec 19, 2012

Thanks Coldforge and Johnnyonoes and possibly someone earlier for running me through some lvl 50+ missions. Went broke battling pubbies and thanks to you fine folks I was able to afford a new paint job and fancy accessories for my Ruiner.

Any of you PS3 goons can feel free to send a friend request my way, name ingame is Aphatus.

Also...super sorry to the BOSS guy I sniped earlier, and possibly to any other gooncrews whos tags I dont recognize yet. :ohdear:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Finally finished my car collection, what do I do now?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Speaking of car collections, what happens if I want to get rid of cars that LS customs won't take?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Speaking of car collections, what happens if I want to get rid of cars that LS customs won't take?

Replace it with something else and hope it doesn't mess up.

cka
May 3, 2004
You can do what I did with my second freebie Elegy RH8 that I accidentally got and blow it up and leave it in insurance purgatory until they institute a reselling thing for those types of vehicles...

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
So if I sell a custom car which is in my garage that removes it from one of my slots?

I have a few cars I bought earlier on which I want to replace.

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-
The bad sport mechanic is some proper bullshit. I was mucking about with some goons last night (splitsoul and someone else), we got in to a fight with some pubbies and my machine gun fire blew up their cars. Now I'm stuck with a dunce cap and a bunch of french people in some bad boys server. Boooo.

cliche
Aug 12, 2010
Yesterday, a pubbie invited me to his apartment. When I arrived he wasn't wearing any pants. He texted me "Hot ayyyyyy???" and started doing the jerkoff motion next to me.

I politely consumed every snack, cola and beer I had on me, threw the litter on the floor and made my excuses.

I decided against accepting his PSN friend request.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I think the Akuma and the Bati are the top bikes overall (unless you need a Sanchez for dirt mountain paths). The Akuma is slower than the Double T but not by much and if those stat sheets are to be believed it has the top acceleration rating of basically all vehicles.

I'm loving my fully-modded Akuma. Don't bother with a Sanchez, because the Akuma's traction is more than capable of handling mountains and deserts.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

TerryCheesecake posted:

Now I'm stuck with a dunce cap and a bunch of french people in some bad boys server. Boooo.

Hey, the dunce cap is awesome and if you get to keep it in the normal servers then I'd probably get thrown into the Bad Sport Hell for a couple of days too just for the hat. :colbert:

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
So now pubbies have taken to not only try to kill you in freeroam, but in missions too. Especially during Mixed up with coke.

And Sandy Survival got fixed. :/

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I think it's time to start playing invite-only exclusively, or amassing a big enough crew that we can't be messed with in free roam. Being griefed in this game gets old fast.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

The most hilarious thing about it to me is that the reason it's so quick and easy to do is because of Rockstar's desire to sell in-game cash, since you have to go into/back out of the PSN/Xbox store to do the glitch.

Except even if they didn't sell in game cash it would still cause the same exact issue

PantsBandit posted:

I mean sure they can patch it but there are going to be people that do this for hours and make hundreds of millions.

No more that likely they can't patch it because everything about the glitch comes off as a memory limitation that requires the game to flush the memory every time it loads the store page which isn't really something they can patch without a major overhaul. It's the same with all the duping money stuff too. Expect that both of these will eventually get you put into permanent Bad Sport status or banned at some point in the future and maybe fixed in a PC/NextGen release.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

VarXX posted:

No more that likely they can't patch it because everything about the glitch comes off as a memory limitation that requires the game to flush the memory every time it loads the store page which isn't really something they can patch without a major overhaul. It's the same with all the duping money stuff too. Expect that both of these will eventually get you put into permanent Bad Sport status or banned at some point in the future and maybe fixed in a PC/NextGen release.

They're not going to ban the amount of people that have been using exploits, can you imagine what percentage of the player base it is? They're not going to flat out ban half their player base, and if they do put them all in bad sport mode it will be no different than now since we're all playing together anyway. Coming from numerous MMOs that have had to deal with this, the only recourse is to fix it and take away everyone's money that used it. I don't even think an intern will sift through player profiles looking at income/outcome to do that kind of work. If it's not fixable, it'll just be a bannable offense going forward but not retroactively.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

They're not going to ban the amount of people that have been using exploits, can you imagine what percentage of the player base it is? They're not going to flat out ban half their player base, and if they do put them all in bad sport mode it will be no different than now since we're all playing together anyway. Coming from numerous MMOs that have had to deal with this, the only recourse is to fix it and take away everyone's money that used it. I don't even think an intern will sift through player profiles looking at income/outcome to do that kind of work. If it's not fixable, it'll just be a bannable offense going forward but not retroactively.

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I didn't mean the bans would be retroactive. I'm just trying to say use at your own risk because this will most definitely be bannable eventually as this doesn't seem like something they can fix, and the stuff involving restarting the game they most definitely can't fix

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Has anyone gotten a list of recommendations for the best car in each of the different car classes? I'd like to have each in my garage as my goal.

From 5 pages back, but I haven't seen it answered yet. I was about to make a post with just this info.

Super: Entity XF
Sport: Carbonizzare
Muscle: Gauntlet
SUV: Baller
Classic: Z-Type
Compact: Blista
Sedan: Super Diamond
Motorcycle: Akuma/Bati 800
Offroad: Dune Buggy
Coupe: F620 (thanks Dravs!)

Based on what seems to be most popular and what I've personally won with across 150+ races. The only one I'm not sure about is Coupe, I've only ever participated in like 2 races of that class.

Also I was able to unlock every performance mod tonight without grinding :toot:. The only mod my Sultan is waiting for now is the full Armor one.

falconry fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 15, 2013

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The Akuma is the best because you can use it for dirt paths etc without losing control while keeping the high performance you lose if you have a sanchez.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I hope some sort of punishment comes down on the exploiters if for no other reason than the rage this thread will produce.

:munch:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Air Julio posted:

I hope some sort of punishment comes down on the exploiters if for no other reason than the rage this thread will produce.

To be honest I doubt they're going to do much, if anything, to the people exploiting dinky stuff for some cash and RP. If they started deleting characters for virtually harmless stuff like that after the catastrophe that was GTAO's launch, I can imagine them getting same bad press over it. Not to mention, just punishing people for making a lot of money from selling vehicles would get a poo poo ton of collateral damage, since I know people that have legitimately made millions from constantly milling cars which would obviously look suspicious with the current state of things.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 15, 2013

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think it'll be pretty easy to catch and I wouldn't be surprised to see some bank accounts wiped out. Exploiting the system to make exponentially more than anyone should at this point deserves punishment.

Yardbomb posted:

To be honest I doubt they're going to do much, if anything, to the people exploiting dinky stuff for some cash and RP. If they started deleting characters for virtually harmless stuff like that after the catastrophe that was GTAO's launch, I can imagine them getting same bad press over it. Not to mention, just punishing people for making a lot of money from selling vehicles would get a poo poo ton of collateral damage, since I know people that have legitimately made millions from constantly milling cars which would obviously look suspicious with the current state of things.

Exploiting millions upon millions of fun bucks is not dinky. Considering I've barely earned 2 mil over the course of two weeks, and there are people exploiting 10x that amount in a couple hours AND rockstar plans on monetizing, AND have said they'll punish exploiters, I can't wait.

illionaire
Apr 18, 2005

It's all about the
Yenjamins,
baby
Fixin' to start a Criminal Records RP grind race if anyone wants to join me. I'm in as illionaire1.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

falconry posted:

Based on what seems to be most popular and what I've personally won with across 150+ races. The only one I'm not sure about is Coupe, I've only ever participated in like 2 races of that class.

Ocelot F620! :black101:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Yardbomb posted:

It's easy to separate legimate selling every 48 minutes from selling a car every 20 seconds for two hours though... I have a friend who's doing the glitch to be able to buy back the upgraded Adder his garage ate, but I'm afraid to jump on it myself. Hell, it took four days to save up 1,4 million legitimately anyway, so I don't think I even want to.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Yardbomb posted:

Not to mention, just punishing people for making a lot of money from selling vehicles would get a poo poo ton of collateral damage, since I know people that have legitimately made millions from constantly milling cars which would obviously look suspicious with the current state of things.

Legitimately? Selling the most expensive car every 48 minutes since the game launched wouldn't even crack 500k.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Greenplastic posted:

I have a friend who's doing the glitch to be able to buy back the upgraded Adder his garage ate

I have a feeling this is pretty common too. While I haven't heard any more character losses from friends, I still hear about garages eating expensive cars and upgrades sometimes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Legitimately? Selling the most expensive car every 48 minutes since the game launched wouldn't even crack 500k.

It's been an awesome 2 days of Grand Theft Auto Online. What a ride.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

If you sold the most expensive car every 48 minutes (which is 9500 from what I recall) you'd be 10k shy of 4 million.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So uh, I left my upgraded default vehicle (SUV) parked on the street while I finished a job. I stole a Coupe while running from the cops after completing the job, and to escape them I drove to my garage and parked inside.

Now my SUV has disappeared and the POS Coupe is my default.

I realize I'm probably screwed, but is this a known bug? The only disappearing car glitch I could find was supposedly fixed in teh October 8th title update. Id like to avoid repeating this.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

((14 days * 24 hours * 60 minutes) / 48 minutes) * $9600 = $4 million

edit:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So uh, I left my upgraded default vehicle (SUV) parked on the street while I finished a job. I stole a Coupe while running from the cops after completing the job, and to escape them I drove to my garage and parked inside.

Now my SUV has disappeared and the POS Coupe is my default.

I realize I'm probably screwed, but is this a known bug? The only disappearing car glitch I could find was supposedly fixed in teh October 8th title update. Id like to avoid repeating this.

Your main car is the last car you drove out of the garage. If you haven't taken the coupe out of the garage, your SUV is still on your map. All of your cars should be back in the garage if you leave GTA Online and come back. Also, you can call your mechanic (if you are not near your apartment or another owned vehicle) and have him deliver the SUV to you. If you don't see the SUV in the list of cars your mechanic can deliver to you, you no longer own it and it's bugged (you're hosed).

Spoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, it would seriously not be hard for them to work out who has been abusing this even a little bit, anyone who doesn't realize this is fooling themselves. Whether they can be bothered to look through it all and retroactively ban people though is another matter. I would imagine they would make a token offering to show people that they are taking is seriously and ban a random selection of the worst abusers.

I don't understand how people are not having fun with this game without having any money. Half the fun is saving up to afford the next big thing.

How are people dying so easily in free roam? As soon as I spawn I turn on passive mode. If anything spawns nearby like a crate or a gang attack I turn it off then back on again when I'm done. It only costs $100.

• Locked thread