Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Is there any obvious source of drinking water around here?

B. Not yet. Swimming is fun but tiring, we need to set up a camp before we spend energy on fun.

2. I set up my camp...
D. In the tree line. If monsters come from the sea we can head for the woods, and if they come from the forest we can head for the water.

3. You are at the sea. After tonight, will you stay here, or move further north, hoping to find where the river which flows from Zepath into the sea Zepath and set up your more permanent camp, there?

J. I spend a day here to get some food and then head north, to try to find the river and go pearl hunting where the river meets the sea. We can't actually drink seawater, and this forest is unlikely to have piss cactus or coconut trees. Getting close to a river would be a good thing. Athar must have had a creek or a well or something nearby.

Wait. I just realized something. Changing to this, or switching my A vote to B.

The reason is simple. What happens to our fire if we don't build a firepit, etc, first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. Because we need some fun.
2. Monsters can come from anywhere so just pick a comfortable, maybe hidden, spot.
3. Make camp next to a source of fresh water.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

falcon2424 posted:

Did our village have any customs about where to make camps?

Your village was set in a clearing in the treeline, at the top of the beach.

falcon2424 posted:

Also, when our people were traveling, did they walk on the beach, or would they walk in the trees? (It could make sense to set up camp where random people are less likely to trip over us)
Your people did not travel. You never left the village in your entire life and even fishing boats did not go far away. As best as you can probably figure, the furthest anyone went from the village was not all that far, and in secret, to eat people away from the village.

How many monsters did you encounter in the forest on the way from Athar?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

How many monsters did you encounter in the forest on the way from Athar?

By Tudiya's account, somewhere around 1000.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1 B
2 D
3 J

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. B. Not now. Later. It's time to make camp, first.

2. D. At the treeline, much like Athar's placement.

3. J. River. Fresh water. Water that is not cactus-piss. Please, El, Mereniel, whatever, water that is not cactus-piss.

Also, as SerSpook noted, tell Snarls the water of the ocean isn't for drinking. I suspect he gets that already, but you know, have to make sure.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Might as well mention a crazy theory I have about this. I don't think it's likely, but what if this world was like a play going on, of sorts? Only everyone else doesn't see this, and Tudiya and co. literally saw 1000 monsters on the trip and did the things he said.

But us? We saw the truth. It was a few monsters, dangerous yes, but not seeming legions of foes. Kind of like how a few soldiers in a play may represent a large contingent of soldiers, only everyone else sees what is being represented while we see the truth.

If we follow this line of thought, I think we will make Enkidel paranoid.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I think it may be worth highlighting, since some may have forgotten, that beyond the giant monstrous lizards, which was the most detailed encounter, you encountered monsters on two other occasions on that trip, which, if they went to Athar, very probably could have wiped out Athar.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post418704800

Diogines posted:

Your band is attacked two more times by monsters. Once, a giant boar the size of a house attacked your camp and on the other occasion, a strange giant snake with a woman's head, which turned monstrous when exposed in the light of the moon.

Three very probably lethal encounters for you over the course of three months. How many lesser beasts did not bother to attack a large group?

Tudiya exaggerated, ridiculously so over the dangers faced, but you did encounter monsters on the trip more than once.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 16, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
B, D, J

Don't swim yet. Go the next hour north to find the water and make camp. Watch the ocean along the way. Look for driftwood and such. Reefs. Things we would recognize. Edible seaweeds and things on the beach, etc. Most ocean people don't just jump in the water, particularly someplace they don't know the currents and such. We would probably know to watch the water for quite some time before just jumping in. Camp should be as the village was, neither right on the beach, nor fully into the tree line.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1. .
2. - camping right next to water is rarely a good idea, sooner or later pretty much everything will wander by. We also don't want to risk our fire getting put out by an unusually high tide. Little worried about what might be in the forest though.
3. no reason to wait around here. Unless our swim reveals there is an unusual abundance of fish/pearls here.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
B, D, J

We don't have time to go swimming right now, we need to get a fire and makeshift shelter going, and hopefully find some fresh water or coconuts.

Question for Diog: Are we familiar with coconuts? Do we see any?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Voting A, D, J

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1 - A, yay ocean!!- one of only 3 childhood friends we ever had!

2 - D, Just like our village. We've never seen monsters come out of the ocean, but we know they're everywhere in the forest.

3 - J

Also, throw some token food into the ocean before settling down to sleep. We don't have to pray or pay respects to him, but since Asherah might be an issue, we may as well try keep him from visiting us the best way we know how- same way our village did.

e: As for getting his attention, Sushem pretty much said that a surefire way to attract it was to not give him something, and that he doesn't care about anything as long as he does- it's not like we're feeding him prayer power or tribute, we're just distracting him.

Diog, did our village have any river/freshwater related gods or customs, religious or otherwise?

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 16, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A D J

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A- But make sure we find a safe place for our stuff first/get a fire going. Tell Snarls not to go too far out. And keep our Gnarled Club of rear end-Beating nearby
2. D
3. K - Stay here a few days, get the hang of smoking fish. See if we can't fashion some sort of crude fishing spear.

Edit: Also, Against anything that involves making a tribute to Asherah or doing anything that might deliberately call attention to ourselves.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 16, 2013

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

maxhush posted:

Also, throw some token food into the ocean before settling down to sleep.

Possibly a good idea, but I'm voting we don't chum the waters.

1. Do you let Snarls go swimming? A. What? Yes, of course! And I go swim with him!

2. I set up my camp...C. On the beach.

3. J. I spend a day here to get some food and then head north, to try to find the river and go pearl hunting where the river meets the sea.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A.
2C.
3J.

I wonder what caused the monster to explode like that. If we kill something else in the near future, we should definitely try to do that again.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

^ We've killed other things since and they've been normal I think. I'm guessing it was because it was our first offering of the hunt, and we were practically dead yet still offered it first. If El likes not meat, but things that're precious and were hard to get, then that meat was probably the most important and hard-won thing we've ever had, and we gave it up.

1: B - No, not yet. We don't know the land or the currents yet. Secure our camp first.
2: D - With the caveat we go nearer the hour-away stream first. Not right on top of it though.
3: J - Water is good.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

1.A
2.D
3.J

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zybourne Clock posted:

I wonder what caused the monster to explode like that. If we kill something else in the near future, we should definitely try to do that again.

Pretty sure it's because it was a "true" sacrifice.
Anybody can sacrifice a cow when they have an entire herd.

We sacrificed a choice bit of meat from a monster. A monster that we desperately fought tooth and nail against and killed with our bare hands, while starving to death ourselves. A choice bit of meat that we or Snarls would have certainly enjoyed eating ourselves, especially since we didn't know where our next meal was going to come from, or if we'd even get a next meal.

Basically, we gave up something that we had to work incredibly hard to get, that was not going to be easily replaceable in our current state, and El digs that kind of thing.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

maxhush posted:

Diog, did our village have any river/freshwater related gods or customs, religious or otherwise?
There is no god of rivers to the people of Athar or really, anything related to the land, though Asherah did make the whole world. There was a large stream near the village which provided fresh water.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

1.B. No, not yet, this is the first time we've been to the ocean after pissing off Asherah personally, so it is important to act cautiously. Also, the smell of wet dog will likely spread very far. We wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention if we can help it.
2. D
3. J

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
1. B No, let's get settled first and check things out, Swimmy time later boy!

2. D Not too close to the water, but not too close to the forest. Danger can come from both sides, but hopefully unlikely.

3. J/K We'll need some fresh water, though we should check out this area, perhaps we'll come across something we can offer or give us an idea of where to go or what to hunt, etc

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Outrail posted:

1. Do you let Snarls go swimming? A. What? Yes, of course! And I go swim with him!

2. I set up my camp...C. On the beach.

3. J. I spend a day here to get some food and then head north, to try to find the river and go pearl hunting where the river meets the sea.

Voting for this as well.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Canuck-Errant posted:

1. .
2. .
3. .
Yo.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Still alive? Oh yeah, still alive!

Things we have learned..

Adrenaline is a hell of a drug!

El reallly, really likes hard-won sacrifices. No wonder Tudiya thinks this whole "go camping and have daddy give you an offering" business is bullshit.

Asherah apparently had a "stay the gently caress off my turf" agreement with the lesser horrors of the world, probably because they got tired of being eaten alive.

B No, do not swim. I can't see how any good would come of this, and also we might still be wounded enough for something to smell our blood.

D

J Water that is not HORRIBLE, yay!

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

1. B Hold of for a bit, see if it's safe.
2. E Hidden in the forest, but still close enough to see the beach
3. J We can also stop to find shells along the way.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

the_steve posted:

Basically, we gave up something that we had to work incredibly hard to get, that was not going to be easily replaceable in our current state, and El digs that kind of thing.

That's an excellent explanation. I bet you're right. Do you figure it made a difference that, against whatever taboo there is, we ate a little first before building an altar and sacrificing the choice bits?

Perhaps the traditional practice is a little backwards? Or, more likely, that little raw morsel we had was enough to put us over from merely starving to starving and ravenous for more than just a taste? I'd certainly find sacrificing even a scrap far more difficult after getting solid food for the first time in days, especially when we were also giving up a whole goat with no idea when we'd next eat.

Voting for

1A

2D, although I was seriously considering voting we start a wildfire first. No forest, no forest monsters, right?

3J

Hey diog, quick question: is there any sort of rule or law that says eating insects is bad or otherwise unclean? I'm only asking because this forest area ought to be a veritable smorgasbord so long as Enki doesn't mind locusts and things like that.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 16, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
On an unrelated note, those jackal quills may make great arrowheads when we get back home.

We may even use a quill on the end of our spear when we go fishing.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Your possessions in the world, on your person, at this time:

*Snarls Barkley

*A garment which resembles a sleeveless robe, which is the common garment of Athar. The back of it was cut up a bit by the jackal.

*A leather belt you wear just above your hips. You wear it a bit tighter now due to weight loss.

*A cloak, also cut up a bit by the jackal.

*A pair of magical sandals which always have the appearance of being old, well worn sandals and are rather comfy.

* The cleaned skull of a three eyed monstrous jackal. Badass.

*The third eye of a monstrous jackal, tucked into a fold in your robe and partially smoked so it did not rot.

*A two foot long club-torch which now menaces with spikes from the jackals tail. The craftsmanship is not of the highest quality but it is a nasty weapon, if a short one.

*A primitive and crude stone knife about four inches long, primitive and messy even by the standards of Athar but suitable for butchering animal hides with a lot of effort. You chipped rocks against each other at night, for several nights, till you made it, breaking several before you made it. It has no handle and is still tough to use but is vastly better than a jagged rock.

*A few pieces of half burned meat, enough for a poor dinner tonight for you and Snarls.

*Hunger. Ever in your possession and on your mind, though you do not starve. You would like six meals a day. By your Zepath standards, you were probably getting a little less than two a day.

Snarls gives a happy bark and rushes to the water. You plant your torch into the sand, stripping off your clothes as you go and dive in after him.

As you leap into the surf, relief floods through your body, the cool water relieving your aching, baked skin. Snarls paddles around rather happily and splashes you with his tail.

You splash back.

A mighty splash war commences!

You are bigger and stronger but Snarls has animal cunning. After a time, you both decide to declare a truce and climb out. You begin to make your way north up the coast to a spot Snarl's nose indicates has fresh water. You find it after about an hour, a small stream just at the edge of the treeline, a good place to make camp.

You drink and drink and drink some more, the first bountiful source of good water in far too long. You will deal with the intricacies of further survival soon, but as you bathe in the stream and clean yourself, you consider further your present situation.

You have been busy surviving and cannot be certain how long you have been out of Zepath at this point as you have lost track of time. 7 days with Tudiya. About 2 or 3 to get to the treeline? 2 in the trees? 14 since then, plus or minus a few?

Maybe 26 days? 19 on your own which according to Tudiya means you are not to enter Zepath for at least another 11 days.

The river you hope to find might empty into the sea anywhere from 4 to 10 days north, closer to 4, you hope.

Two weeks to walk up the side of the river, once there, to get back to Zepath? You are looking at anywhere from two and a half weeks to a little more than a month to get back to Zepath, from today, excluding time spent searching for an offering to El.

Two months in the wilderness.

The monster filled wilderness.

Alone, with no supplies or weapons.

You may have been too busy surviving to realize the magnitude of this accomplishment. This on it's own is a deed, without any sacrafice at all is likely to impress your peers. You can imagine accolades and acclaim among youths your age in El's temple when you return. Your tale of survival will surely please Ishamal and scare the hell out of your mother who is probably worried when she goes to sleep every night a monster has eaten you.

And what of Tudiya? The jackal skull will probably satisfy him, alongside the tale of the hardships you have faced. You imagine he would declare you a man... but will he be impressed? No... no he won't be impressed. You know he would need more than you have done so far to truly be impressed. Great wealth in the form of pearls or taking down a more substantial monster, rescuing a person in danger, those are the sorts of real heroics you would need to impress him.

1. Do you want to hurry back as quick as you reasonably can at this point, or spend extra time out here looking for a better offering to El?
A. I stay out here longer, on the coast as I planned, diving for pearls and anything else which might make an impressive offering.

B. I want to hurry home.

C. I REALLY want to hurry home and even use the sandals to rush it, which will help me shave off a few days, it will be highly unpleasant but probably wont kill me.

D. New plan. I am ditching the pearl hunting idea. I try to make a better weapon and with Snarls nose track down a real monster, which is suicidally dangerous and will very, very, very probably get me killed, but take less time than pearl diving.

E. With the sea and the stream, I won't starve or thirst. I want time out here alone to try to Vayahi Or where non one will see me.

Something else. Fill in.

2. (Optional) Why? What are your primary concerns here? Pick as many as represent your PRIMARY motivations.
Delay reasons:
F. I want to make Tudiya proud.
G. I want to make El proud.
H. I want to prove I am greater than the common man, to others.
I. I want to prove I am greater than the common man, to myself.
J. I want to test myself and really see if I can do this.
K. I want to be free. If I blow Tudiya away with an amazing offering, maybe he will free me.
L. I want riches, some extra pearls for me will do that.
Ma. I want to be a Hero, this is training!
Mb. This is the test of the men of Zepath. I have added myself to the line of Zepa by writing my name on the Obelisk. The heroes listed did mighty deeds and I can do no less, I can't fail them.

Some other reasons. Fill in.

Go home reasons:
N. My mother... she went through years of abuse in Athar to try to take care of me. She risked her own neck teaching me about El and enough about real civilization during my childhood so I could one day fit in, in a city one day in hopes we would be rescued from the demon slave cannibals... and she then got me rescued at the risk of her own life. Then, we got to Zepath and instead of going to her own home, Baitel, she stayed here as a servant... because... oh my... because she was free and she could go, and she either did not want to uproot me again... or because I could not leave?

And she is probably fervently praying to El every night to protect me, then crying herself to sleep because she fears I am dead... and I have spent not all that much time with her since I got to Zepath because I had other interests.

This is possibly my one big chance to really impress Tudiya but my own concerns and desires are not worth what I am putting my mother through. I am going to rush home and tell her just how much I love her.

O. El liked my offering. That was enough for me and I hope, Tudiya.
P. The jackal skull is good enough to get me declared a man, if probably not more. That is enough.
Q. I have proven myself to myself through this trial. I have done enough. Time to go.
R. I am tired of surviving out here and this test is bullshit! Time to go.
S. If I tell my mom I came home early for her, I hope she will be so happy and relieved, she will tell me who my dad is, a selfish reason.
T. S, but I do not think that is a selfish reason.
U. MONSTERS! Look. I got lucky so far, but on the trip from Athar to Zepath we got attacked three times by monsters which if I met now, WOULD kill me FOR SURE! I don't want to press my luck.

Something else. Fill in.

Next update tonight if we have enough votes.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Though the intentional use of blood rites is against the Code of Zepa and taboo for Elisians in general, it might mean something that we shed blood in the attainment of that first offering.

Also, just because it needs to be said at some point, the pyrotechnics could just be Azz trolling us and laughing his Azz off. "Haha Ook the Monkey. Watch this. This is going to be great."

And yes we now have collection of sharp relatively indestructible pointy things to use. Yay!

I want to try to make a horn bow in our copious free time. We know enough math to at least take a shot at a design. Horn goes on the inside where it resists flex and stretchy something like tendon that goes back to its original shape on the out outside. We could frame it on wood if we felt that was needed. Strung with gut. We might be able to come up with a design where the horns bend away from us when not strung and are tensioned toward us when strung. We need some fat or oil for preserving gut strings maybe.

I am guessing that we might know how to salt fish or meat to preserve it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 AE

FGJL(obelisk)

These are my thoughts. Whatever we do we should start by getting a relatively stable camp to work from here so we continue to not die.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 16, 2013

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1)A - Stick to the plan! Get a lot of pearls, if we stumble on something better in the meantime, wonderful, but bare minimum get enough pearls to really "WOW" people. Bring an extra for Jalitha and/or Azzazel.
2)F, H, J, and M - I feel like we're in this for more practical reasons, rather than to be a braggart or obtain divine favor. Enkidel is doing this to gain our adopted father's respect, show the people we're not a savage cannibal once and for all, to prove to ourselves we can pass the test, and to take the first step towards being a Hero. Financial gain, divine favor, adoration of ancestors long dead - we crave these things not.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

A Terrible Person posted:

Hey diog, quick question: is there any sort of rule or law that says eating insects is bad or otherwise unclean? I'm only asking because this forest area ought to be a veritable smorgasbord so long as Enki doesn't mind locusts and things like that.
Athar had all the fish and seaweed they could ever want and did not eat bugs.

There is no law that says Zepathans do not eat bugs but the idea would be utterly alien to them, bugs would not be seen as food and the thought of eating them, truly disgusting and as odd as eating rocks or any inedible object.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

1. A Stick to the plan! Get some pearls, eat some fish, hold that gate.
2. FGJM L(Obelisk 'N') We signed that obelisk, I want it to mean something. Not only to ourselves, but to El and Tudiya. I don't want it to seem like that was a mistake. We are a hungry mighty man!

Edit: Changed my L to detail I meant the Obelisk L

Save Target As fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 16, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You've got L twice under the second question. It goes L M L and the next section picks up at N

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. B Go home quickly.
2. N Think of mom!

El really loved our jackal monster sacrifice. We can sacrifice the skull at the Temple.

Think of mom. By the time we get back, people will think we were dead for weeks. You want to cause mom even more grief to go pearl diving!

A vote for not returning home is a vote for being a bad son.

QUESTION: What do our people and religion think of those who would cause their loving mother grief?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
1-F write in
We split our time between:
  • coastal foraging (which we know at least a little about),
  • making an attempt to dive for pearls
  • equipping ourselves for the journey home, including attempting to make a bow, salting some fish, improving our knife, etc.
  • make at least one stone or jackal barb fishing spear for hunting and protection while diving.
  • G practicing Vayahi Or in the evening (sitting down)
We might be able to get some sharp mollusks and fish hide (like a manta or a shark) in the process.

We take another week or so to work on these and then assess. We noted the moon when we departed. We can tell time by that.

I would like to make a boat, but think that it is too much, all upstream and does not take advantage of our sandals. I also feel we are likely to encounter people at the main river and I want to be cautious about that.

I also suggest that before we leave this spot we attempt to make another offering and cut our hair/wash our feet befo hand in the traditional manner.

Delay
2-J, M, L I also want to honor El and Tudiya, but this is not a matter of 'making them proud' exactly.

We want to become 'comfortable' with being in the wilds to whatever extent possible. There seems to be a gap between what others feel we are capable of and what we are actually capable of. We might want to explore that without getting ourselves killed in the process.

Also, we do love the ocean and when is the next time we will be able to do this? Could be a long while.

Go Home
We do want to balance risk/reward here and not be foolhardy, of we can manage to learn that. Avoiding the lizard was a really positive development for this. It is all focus and returning successfully. We know Mom will be worried, but we also know she will want us to return honorably.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 16, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1: A. A+E if we can pick two. That magic fire has to have been intriguing, surely we won't just forget about it now that we've got our strength somewhat back.
2: IJL. The kid's never been all that socially minded, I think his motivation is going to be about establishing his place in the world, in his own eyes, not in the eyes of anybody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

In response to Sogols crafting question.

You have never tried to make a bow. You can try, certainly.

You do not know how to salt food. You realized after years in Zepath and seeing men fish the river that the abundance of fish in abundance of fish on the coast near Athar was ridiculously, ludicrously over the top. Why preserve food when fresh food is always close at hand and easy?

Your mother is apparently a rather accomplished cook... it once might have been possible she could given you a few tips, but you spent little time with her in the last few years.

You probably wont have food problems anyway, as long as you are near the sea and eventually the river.

To answer Deadly Ham Sandwich. Women are property, first of their fathers, then their husbands. However, failing to provide for ones mother is a serious social taboo. She has a bed, clothes and food, she has all the material things she needs. She has told you many times, still, how happy she is you both escaped...

But does she feel lonely? That is up to you to decide.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 16, 2013