Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I've bred and am raising a Haunter, soon to be en route to Mega Gengardom. I just finished Super Training my Scizor and he's ready to go level up.

A sick part of me wants to pimp out a Slurpuff next. Name it Quina. Basically the same character, right?

When's the guide coming out? This stuff would be easier to plan out if I knew what the hell moves things get. I'm not leveling a Slurpuff until I see if it's like Haunter, where you can basically just evolve it to Gengar straight away and still get moves, or if it should be raised a bit beforehand. Can't be wastin' these evolution items, ya know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gyre posted:

Has anybody found that mysterious coupon? The clothes in Lumiose are so stylish but they cost so much!

It appears you have to do almost everything in the city before you get a discount.

The Looker post game content is pretty interesting. There's plenty of :smith: and :unsmith: moments in it.What is really interesting is that we now have our first instance of a Pokemon we have seen in the past dying (off screen of course.) Sure, Lysander killed himself with the super weapon, but he was a bad guy. In this case the Pokemon was just killed in a police action. It's also interesting that an E4 member was a member of Team Flare.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
This is why you check your hatched Pokemon.

My new bro is a GTS acquisition. What did I give for this little guy? Yveltal? Xerneas? Mewtwo?

Nope. Eevee.

What a shame he's got dumpy stats.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It cannot be stated enough how bad not-Paris is to navigate. You cant even turn the dowsing machine on and walk around with the circle pad. You have to use the awkwardly placed d-pad to have a hope of getting around.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Goodpart posted:

This is why you check your hatched Pokemon.

My new bro is a GTS acquisition. What did I give for this little guy? Yveltal? Xerneas? Mewtwo?

Nope. Eevee.

My brand new shiny Wartortle that I got from friend safari has "stats that just can't be beat" according to the IV guy and a +SpA nature. I might actually be able to use this shiny.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goodpart posted:

One of my dreams is to get a shiny I don't want. Nickname it something horrible then wonder trade it.

I'm 11 years old evidently.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Evil Eagle posted:

My brand new shiny Wartortle that I got from friend safari has "stats that just can't be beat" according to the IV guy and a +SpA nature. I might actually be able to use this shiny.

Apparently mons from the friend safari are guaranteed to have a couple of 31 IVs, so there's that. Too bad I only have one friend and my selection of mons is Krabby, Floatzel, and Azumarill. Blech.

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man
I'm sure it's been posted before, but all of today I was adding peeps for Friend Safari purposes to get themselves Protean Frogadiers, The kind MrFlibble gave me a Shiny Frogadier.

I evolved it to Greninja just now and the Shiny version looks sick

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Traveling back to the daycare centre with a team full of level one Bulbasaurs I just hatched after getting the bike and the first battle I get into I'd forgotten to turn off EXP Share. Cue 3 minutes of me hitting A as they all level up to 8.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Okkusenman posted:

I'm sure it's been posted before, but all of today I was adding peeps for Friend Safari purposes to get themselves Protean Frogadiers, The kind MrFlibble gave me a Shiny Frogadier.

Mind sending one my way? I have been looking for Protean Greninjas for a bit. Need any of the Kalos/Kanto starters?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Has the hidden ability of Chespin been found yet?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Desperate Character posted:

I remember someone saying it was Guardian, which is Speed Boost but for defense, not sure if that was confirmed though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
What's a good nature for Xerneas? I'm sure this has been asked a billion times.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

It's Bulletproof.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

It's apparently Bulletproof.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Okkusenman posted:

That thing looks hella rad. Congrats.

I just evolved my Kirlia to Gardevoir and while non-lovely stats are nice and all, I'm sorely disappointed how boring it is in Amie. Kirlia used to dance and twirl all the time for me, Gardevoir just waves her arms around a bit.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Wonder trade is the best. thing. ever.

Been catching pokemon as I would normally do, name them silly names, and trade them for awesome things like Honedge. Man, steel/ghost rocks!

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man

Zackcat posted:

Mind sending one my way? I have been looking for Protean Greninjas for a bit. Need any of the Kalos/Kanto starters?

I personally don't have any spare Frogadiers that were given to me. But if you hit up the Private Server Trade Thread, I'm sure you'll find someone who has been mass producing them.

Alternatively, my FC/IGN is 3368-1262-8650 / Akroma and you can try get one for yourself from the Safari. I also have Wartortle and Krabby

Okkusenman fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 16, 2013

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The images that you get on the Global Link website are pretty great. Here is the team I beat the Elite Four with.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Thing I learned today: The grass you're in actually matters for finding Pokemon; I finally confirmed this for myself on Route 12 when I kept finding chatots and wingull hordes in the regular grass, when in the yellow flower grass you'd mostly find miltanks and mareep swarms. Time to level up an Ampharos :kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Eagle posted:

The images that you get on the Global Link website are pretty great. Here is the team I beat the Elite Four with.

The Global Link's online? Well you know what that means - let the onslaught of tourist photos begin!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Welp, I got Zapdos finally after a long descent into madness.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hate to post the same question again but since i'm right in front of the drat thing and I wanna move on I'll ask again.

What's a good nature for Xerneas?

Also, how the hell are you people getting so many shinies? drat that's crazy.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Okkusenman posted:

I personally don't have any spare Frogadiers that were given to me. But if you hit up the Private Server Trade Thread, I'm sure you'll find someone who has been mass producing them.

Alternatively, my FC/IGN is 3368-1262-8650 / Akroma and you can try get one for yourself from the Safari. I also have Wartortle and Krabby

I'll add you in a second, I have been trying to find a protean frogadier for ages :) Thanks!

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

The Logbook on the Global Link is pretty neat.

Took a while to find this though because it's basically 99% "You received an Egg from the Pokémon Day Care." :v:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I hate to post the same question again but since i'm right in front of the drat thing and I wanna move on I'll ask again.

What's a good nature for Xerneas?

Also, how the hell are you people getting so many shinies? drat that's crazy.

Do you want yours to be a special attacker? If so, Modest or Timid are the best Natures but you could also use Naive or something. If you want a mixed attacker, Naive is pretty much what you want, or the other one that raises Speed and lowers a defense whose name I can't remember off the top of my head.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
There's a medal called "Noneffective Artist". The description? "A consolation Medal for Trainers who made the cute mistake of using noneffective moves."

:unsmith:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Previous Jesus posted:

Do you want yours to be a special attacker? If so, Modest or Timid are the best Natures but you could also use Naive or something. If you want a mixed attacker, Naive is pretty much what you want, or the other one that raises Speed and lowers a defense whose name I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thank you very much. I'll see what I get.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like this medal on the Global Link:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Molly, are you playing with the Unown again?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

I love the timeline on the Global Link, even though it does remind me just how much I used Aegislash in my playthrough (seriously, thing owns).

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Help Im Alive posted:

I like this medal on the Global Link:

Has anyone found something in a trash can? I always check every one I see ever since that single one in Blue that had an item :v:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

I think I found a PP Up in one in the Lost Hotel. Another had a Trubbish in it. :3:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Playing dress up is my favourite thing :swoon:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Mawile mega stone doesn't show up until after you beat the Elite Four, right?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Spent 10 minutes trying to get a fight and not one person accepted. It doesn't even matter if you win or lose, it's all just for fun. Why is everyone such massive cowards! :argh:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

When do you get Fly? I'm only on like the 4th gym, but I really want to go back to some previous towns for clothing shop stuff and don't want to deal with biking all over the place.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Spent 10 minutes trying to get a fight and not one person accepted. It doesn't even matter if you win or lose, it's all just for fun. Why is everyone such massive cowards! :argh:

I think part of the problem is that you have no idea where the other person is in the game. A lot of people have posted about accepting random fights and then going up against Mega Mewtwo, Xerneas/Yveltal etc

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boxes! How are you guys organized? I have a box for each type (two boxes for normal, grass, water and bug), a box for eggs, another for legendaries, a breeding box (where I dump parents), a whole box for Unown types and another for Vivillons. The rest are labelled "other" and it's where I leave trading fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Has anyone found something in a trash can? I always check every one I see ever since that single one in Blue that had an item :v:

In one of the office buildings in Not-Paris there was a guy saying he was collecting the trash, which I assume was supposed to be a subtle "hey don't bother kid" thing, but I still checked most of them.

And there was nothing.

• Locked thread