Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

Well now that you've beaten the Elite Four I went back and checked your Friend Safari again and now it's also spawning Maractus. :3:

Could you check mine again? You posted that I had Swirlix and Deddendee and I'm curious on what the third fairy type in my zone will now be. My 3ds name is just ooooooooo so I should be easy to spot :v:

Edit: vvvv It's easier using a pokemon that learns Sweet Scent (like Combee and Bulbasaur). Combee is the better choice as one of its abilities makes honey in its item slot while walking/battling with it.

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Where the hell do I get more Honey?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Discounted Galettes are 80 Pokeyen Full Heals. If only they didn't sell out and actually let me buy a dozen at a time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aw, poo poo, had a 99 combo in Head It in Pokemon-Amie and then I fumbled and blew it. I really don't like the other two minigames in that, though. Especially the tile puzzle.

134 now :toot:

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 17, 2013

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where the hell do I get more Honey?

gently caress honey, just run a box search for the attack sweet scent.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Desperate Character posted:

Could you check mine again? You posted that I had Swirlix and Deddendee and I'm curious on what the third fairy type in my zone will now be. My 3ds name is just ooooooooo so I should be easy to spot :v:

Your Safari now spawns Floettes too. The Fairy Safaris are the most exciting because I keep hoping that I find an old Pokémon that's been retyped, only to be disappointed when it shoves another Gen VI Pokémon into my face.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Boomstick Quaid posted:

gently caress honey, just run a box search for the attack sweet scent.

Either someone trades me a Mareep or someone tells me where I find more honey

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

Your Safari now spawns Floettes too. The Fairy Safaris are the most exciting because I keep hoping that I find an old Pokémon that's been retyped, only to be disappointed when it shoves another Gen VI Pokémon into my face.

Thanks for checking! It's a shame I didn't get Mawiles instead but at least people can find Swirlix in mine

I got an Ivysaur with Sweet Scent you can have. Friend code is 3067-5151-4488

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

God dammit, it was raining everywhere I went yesterday, but now I gotta evolve my Sliggoo and I can't find rain ANYWHERE. Fuckin evil. :mad:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Have a Combee in your party.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Do different versions of the game have affinities for different abilities? I'm trying to get a zigzagoon with pick up on Y and nothing but gluttony. First zigzagoon on X had it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question has anyone breeded any Noibats and if you have would you be willing to give one to me.

Sure, I've got a bunch of them! My FC's 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Stalgren posted:

What does the global link even do other than show pictures of your team.

You can exchange Poké Miles at a much better rate than in-game.

Like, everything is half price or less on the website compared to the guy in-game. And the guy in-game doesn't have heart scales at all.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Do different versions of the game have affinities for different abilities? I'm trying to get a zigzagoon with pick up on Y and nothing but gluttony. First zigzagoon on X had it.

You are just unlucky.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Brett824 posted:

Not gonna get all conspiracy or "the leakers are all fake!" on you, but I'm not sure why you're expecting Nintendo to be absolutely incompetent. It wouldn't be too hard to manually adjust data that isn't revealed yet to prevent datamining like this, especially with something like an event 'mon. I doubt they'd go through that much effort for mega-evolutions though.

Also, just to clarify, with the previous Global Link it was completely impossible to upload event Pokemon to the Dream World if you hacked them before their introduction and tried tucking them in, because there was no Dream World art available for them. I forget the exact details of it, but I think in Japan you weren't able to use the Dream World until post-game because no Gen 5 Pokemon had art until the English launch of the Dream World, or something like that.

So yeah, there are probably event Pokemon that just don't have art on the Dream World yet is what I'm saying.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nerdbot posted:

God dammit, it was raining everywhere I went yesterday, but now I gotta evolve my Sliggoo and I can't find rain ANYWHERE. Fuckin evil. :mad:

I know how that feels, I just gave up. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a faster way to grind money than the elite four with an amulet coin and the money O-power? Clothes in the Lumiose boutique are expensive.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I haven't picked up this game yet due to lack of funds but holy poo poo, I am having a hard time resisting after seeing Mega Medicham. Now I can bring my 31 attack and speed IV Adamant Medicham up from Platinum and give him more use :getin:

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

nerdbot posted:

Also, just to clarify, with the previous Global Link it was completely impossible to upload event Pokemon to the Dream World if you hacked them before their introduction and tried tucking them in, because there was no Dream World art available for them.
Oh, I never heard about that, if that's true, good for Nintendo. I just wouldn't've expected them to have that much foresight :v:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I haven't picked up this game yet due to lack of funds but holy poo poo, I am having a hard time resisting after seeing Mega Medicham. Now I can bring my 31 attack and speed IV Adamant Medicham up from Platinum and give him more use :getin:
Just remember that you can't transfer Pokemon to Gen 6 until December.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
A shiny I was actually looking for? How can that be?

28 IVs on everything but defense and speed. Impish, sadly.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ack, the typing in and around Reflection Cave is messing me up. I've been relying too much on normal moves.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Can you catch all 700+ once the main game finishes?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What was everybody's line-up going into the Elite 4?

I honestly only have 3 solid Pokemon while I'm in Victory Road and can't figure out who to put in slots 4-6.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

nerdz posted:

28 IVs on everything but defense and speed. Impish, sadly.

Wait you can see IVs now? When/where/how?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Can't wait until more and more people beat the E4 and unlock the friend safari. It's really addicting.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

Even if you could catch all the regular pokemon you would need the game legendary ones (Kyogre, Zekrom, Latios, etc) to get the full dex

Also whoever was looking for a Cacturne I found one in the Friend Safari

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Feranon posted:

If you know a Pokemon's base stats and EVs it's easy to figure out it's IVs.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
Is there anywhere I can buy Pokemon Soulsilver of Heatgold for cheap???

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Feranon posted:

There's also a guy in the pokecenter of a post-game town who will give you hints on your highest IVs

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

Not all, but very, very close. The Gen 2-5 starters and legends, and Mew are unavailable. I think there's a small handful of species that can't be obtained in the Friend Safari, too--the Tangela and Sewaddle families, I think I've heard, can't be (or, possibly haven't been yet) found, so there's probably a few others.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Guacamayo posted:

Is there anywhere I can buy Pokemon Soulsilver of Heatgold for cheap???

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but Pokémon games rarely drop in price. A couple old game shops around me have used copies of loving Red and Blue that are still $30.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

nerdbot posted:

Not all, but very, very close. The Gen 2-5 starters and legends, and Mew are unavailable. I think there's a small handful of species that can't be obtained in the Friend Safari, too--the Tangela and Sewaddle families, I think I've heard, can't be (or, possibly haven't been yet) found, so there's probably a few others.

I've seen both in the friend safari

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Are there an overabundance of awesome pokemon of the same type as the starters? I mainly wanna know which one NOT to pick. I don't wanna pick the fire one and walk into a Growlithe in the first hour of the game like in B/W, for example.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dastardly posted:

I've seen both in the friend safari

Oh, well then gently caress whoever I heard say that then!!!!

Also, is there an obvious place for Deoxys to transform that's been discovered? I'm guessing the Anistar sundial will have something to do with it if not.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

nerdbot posted:

Oh, well then gently caress whoever I heard say that then!!!!

Also, is there an obvious place for Deoxys to transform that's been discovered? I'm guessing the Anistar sundial will have something to do with it if not.

In the fossil building there are a stack of meteorites on a shelf (next to the guy asking about Genesect)

Edit: Just found a Dusclops with Frisk as its hidden ability. Gee how exciting Game Freak :effort:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Are there an overabundance of awesome pokemon of the same type as the starters? I mainly wanna know which one NOT to pick. I don't wanna pick the fire one and walk into a Growlithe in the first hour of the game like in B/W, for example.

There's an overabundance of awesome Pokemon period. Just pick whoever you like best, really, there's Grass/Water/Fire types everywhere.

Keep in mind you get a Kanto starter too, though!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
It's looking like there will be in the low 600ish range of total Pokebank obtainable in just X/Y before pokebank opens up. There are some odd exclusions though, like Rattata, Cottonee, Koffing, etc.

e: http://pastebin.com/hie2cL5y list of pokes that someone with a completed Kalos dex and a large amount of safari pokemon still doesn't have.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Soul Glo posted:

Not really, or at least not for a while. The basic bird turns into a pretty strong Fire/Flying after its first evo but is very different from Fennekin, you can get Skiddo pretty early but I haven't been too impressed with him, and I haven't seen any Water-types outside of Azurill that I can remember. Actually you can get Roselia pretty early but again, different enough from Chespin that I don't think it's an issue.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Well, I found my first X/Y shiny. Obviously it couldn't be the Mawile I encountered right before it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

I caught my first shiny in the Friend Safari. I apologize for the lovely quality.

• Locked thread