Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Um, "fuckyourmothers.gif" clearly beats it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tokubetsu posted:

The fight at the end of Gods of the Arena is also the best in the series as far as I'm concerned too. You can't beat slow-mo fire net. You just loving can't.

Just when you think they can not top the over the top violence Gannicus does a mortal combat finishing move with the spear punch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Tokubetsu posted:

The fight at the end of Gods of the Arena is also the best in the series as far as I'm concerned too. You can't beat slow-mo fire net. You just loving can't.

Uhhh, that fight sequence near the docks or whatever in Vengeance where Spartacus, Gannicus, and Crixus all do their special moves is way better in my opinion.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 22, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the one where the pirates are being bitches?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Conquistador posted:

Is that the one where the pirates are being bitches?

Yeah, I'm trying to find the GIF i made of the part where the camera cuts to all Spartacus, to Crixus, to Gannicus, then back to Crixus of them all owning faces.

[edit] Found it!

Uploading all my Sparatcus GIFs right now :unsmith:

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 22, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I remember that, that was awesome. Probably just look at the airdate and go back in the thread to around then?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Conquistador posted:

I remember that, that was awesome. Probably just look at the airdate and go back in the thread to around then?

I switched webhosts recently, to a much cheaper plan, so all the GIFs I uploaded to my webhost that I posted to this thread are broken links. I have them on my PC though, and am now uploading them to a gallery on minus.com And they're up :) http://min.us/mCmaGkPGNs6yW

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 22, 2013

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Conquistador posted:

Weren't some people complaining that part was cheesy as gently caress?

They were wrong, obviously.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think some people might have basically said it was "over the top".

...lol

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Over the top was more like the Vengeance premiere where they are raiding the brothel and that chunky lady is pegging that dude. :stare: Yeah I can't get that out of my head either.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sober posted:

Weren't some people complaining that part was cheesy as gently caress?

They were wrong, obviously.

You know who else got addicted to the show?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2010/may/22/charlie-brooker-screenburn-spartacus

quote:

But here's the surprise – after a disappointingly slow (yes, slow – despite the constant sex and violence) pair of opening episodes, Spartacus starts to improve exponentially until somewhere round episode five, where you stop enjoying it ironically and start to enjoy it outright. Yes, it may be the kind of show in which a tattooed warrior gets his face hacked off by a man armed with a hook; it may feature lines like "your wife has been hosed to madness by a thousand vermin cocks"; it may toss in pointless cameos for one-armed topless transsexuals – and all three of these things genuinely happen in the early episodes – but it's also not half bad. In fact I'd go as far as to say it actually gets quite good. There's just a hell of a lot to desensitise yourself to first. Good luck. Give it a go.

Oh and that nice John Hannah's in it, and very good he is too. Your mum likes John Hannah. So if she asks why you're watching it, cite his involvement. Just don't, under any circumstances, invite her to watch it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Man I miss this show :(

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
False.

Everything is a pall compared to this:

Just look at it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thwomp posted:

False.

Everything is a pall compared to this:

Just look at it.

Agron rope dismounts like a boss. (That's the caption I used for the image in the album :haw:)

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

teagone posted:

I switched webhosts recently, to a much cheaper plan, so all the GIFs I uploaded to my webhost that I posted to this thread are broken links. I have them on my PC though, and am now uploading them to a gallery on minus.com And they're up :) http://min.us/mCmaGkPGNs6yW

You are a gentleman and a scholar. :golfclap:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bro grabs!

I don't think anything will ever replace this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Still my favorite GIF

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

teagone posted:

Still my favorite GIF

I see that GIF and all I can think is "his cock rages on".

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

I see that GIF and all I can think is "his cock rages on".

That's why it's my favorite, his cock forever rages on in that GIF.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Man I miss this show :(

That episode had some of the best gifs including one of my favorites where Crassus's weasel of a son is running from the trap building and Spartacus rips him off his horse by his cape.

teagone posted:

Still my favorite GIF

It's missing the part where Gannicus invents Polo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

savinhill posted:

It's missing the part where Gannicus invents Polo.

I made a separate gif of that. It's in the album :shobon:

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

I finished my rewatch of the entire series earlier this week and goddamn, such an amazing show. The finale still destroys me. And the commentary on the DVDs is great. Listening to Manu Bennett and Liam McIntyre fanboy each other is adorable.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
So is there no complete collection of the Blu-Rays for north america? All I can find is a UK box set and ordering all the 4 seasons individually seems really expensive.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just searched a bunch and didn't even see anything suggesting a complete series release was even forthcoming for the US, though you would assume there would be

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sithwitch13 posted:

I finished my rewatch of the entire series earlier this week and goddamn, such an amazing show. The finale still destroys me. And the commentary on the DVDs is great. Listening to Manu Bennett and Liam McIntyre fanboy each other is adorable.

Netflix has the 1st season of Arrow, which has more Manu Bennet goodness.

Also here's liam in his next role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq1AupSrLI

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

etalian posted:

Netflix has the 1st season of Arrow, which has more Manu Bennet goodness.

Also here's liam in his next role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq1AupSrLI

He's branching out, that's for sure

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's one of the worst movie trailers I've ever seen.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Wow. I love Liam but that movie looks like a giant steaming pile of poo poo dropped after the Gods had spread the cheeks to ram cock in loving rear end.

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Democratic Pirate posted:

Wow. I love Liam but that movie looks like a giant steaming pile of poo poo dropped after the Gods had spread the cheeks to ram cock in loving rear end.

That sounds like a certain show about a slave revolution...

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Doublehex posted:

Um... what?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Honestly, Spartacus does LOOK like poo poo if you were to watch a promo for any episode.

Though, lets not get ahead of ourselves, that movie really does look loving awful.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Doublehex posted:

It looks so sterile and bloodless, a gigantic step down from Spartacus.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Yeah Spartacus made up for the green screen with gratuitous amounts of blood, nudity, creative cursing, overacting extras, an intriguing plot, and great characters.

Betting that movie will have none of that.

george soros irl
Nov 12, 2005

make friends and then buy & sell money always
Edit: oops, replied to a comment I didn't realize was a page back and already addressed

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
What I am trying to say is, don't necessarily judge a movie from a short trailer. I mean, Spartacus looked AWFUL from all of the previews. And it turned out to be a fantastic show.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

What I don't understand is why do a Hercules movie that might as well just be a rehash of the Spartacus series with a little bit of Try thrown in?

Do the story of Hera loving him over and his subsequent journeys for penance. It could be great, if done right.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

How is that even a trailer? It looked like the whole loving movie summed up in just over 3 minutes.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So I watched The Hobbit again, and I could swear I recognized the "face" of Azog, the White Orc.

Turns out:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

the posted:

So I watched The Hobbit again, and I could swear I recognized the "face" of Azog, the White Orc.

Turns out:

Suddenly I'm almost willing to forgive P.J. for Azog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe
That trailer literally looks like scenes spliced from Spartacus and 300, thrown together.

edit: maybe with some Clash of the Titans thrown in for good measure.

• Locked thread