Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Wow I wonder if the Australian bookies know something they got Bradley as the definitive underdog

They know that Australians aren't very good at betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

They know that Australians aren't very good at betting.

Ain't that the loving truth

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Hell yeah Marching Powder, we bet on boxing and won. I just wish I had put it all on Bradley winning on points. Oh well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MrSmokes posted:

Hell yeah Marching Powder, we bet on boxing and won. I just wish I had put it all on Bradley winning on points. Oh well.

Yeah man heart was racing at the cards but I can't believe the money the bookies were giving me for bradley on points. They'll get it all back from me next weekend but hey sun's shining

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Okay, already made my bets for Saturday. Might add a bet on Tony Ferguson depending on what he opens up at. I think he will beat Mike Rio pretty easily.

$20.00 to win $11.43: Melendez wins by 3 round decision -175
$10.00 to win $18.00: Dos Santos/Velasquez goes 5 rnd distance +180
$17.24 to win $15.99: 4 fight parlay
Bryan Vasquez -1300* vs Rene Gonzalez (boxing match)
Daniel Cormier -525* vs Roy Nelson
Gilbert Melendez -650* vs Diego Sanchez
John Dodson -330* vs Darrell Montague
$15.00 to win $8.57: Cormier wins by 3 round decision -175
$10.00 to win $13.50: Dustin Pague +135* vs Kyoji Horiguchi
$10.00 to win $15.00: TJ Waldburger +150* vs Adlan Amagov
$10.00 to win $5.26: Cain Velasquez -190* vs Junior dos Santos

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 19, 2013

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I'm prob gonna go:

Melendez on points +148
DC on points +168
Lombard by KO +258

I might put a multi in as well, not game to touch JDS vs Cain.

Good luck with your bets everyone.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
We miss you, Jase One.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have money on Boestch, Marqaurdt, and Sot.

Sot is a terrible human being and in a rough patch, but I'm confused why he's the underdog to KJ loving Noons.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I've taken Gonzaga and TJ Waldburger as underdogs, and a double on Noons/Lombard winning.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

attackmole posted:

I have money on Boestch, Marqaurdt, and Sot.

Sot is a terrible human being and in a rough patch, but I'm confused why he's the underdog to KJ loving Noons.

Noons has a lot of power and Sot seems to have a lovely chin nowadays and is only getting older, and its not like hes a fantastic wrestler who will be able to nullify Noons' striking necessarily

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If Noons has gotten a haircut then he'll spark out G-Sots easily. If not, then it's time for a gross old man torso sub.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Noons has a lot of power and Sot seems to have a lovely chin nowadays and is only getting older, and its not like hes a fantastic wrestler who will be able to nullify Noons' striking necessarily

That's true. On the other hand, Noons lost to Ryan Couture.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

attackmole posted:

That's true. On the other hand, Noons lost to Ryan Couture.

He got screwed in that fight, although it was closer than a fight with Ryan Couture should be for a fighter in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah it was a bad decision and Noons should have won, but i guess if ryan couture can come close then sotiropolous can maybe get the job done. Im still skeptical, i wouldnt take sot at anything less than like +210

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I got nervous about Waldo, so put a sneaky treble on before the prelims which covered it and gave me a little profit.

Kyoji Horiguchi @ 1.61
Adlan Amagov @ 1.53
Andre Fili @ 1.45

Trebles, 1 bet * £7.34
return: £26.4

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Yeah it was a bad decision and Noons should have won, but i guess if ryan couture can come close then sotiropolous can maybe get the job done. Im still skeptical, i wouldnt take sot at anything less than like +210

gently caress

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Got my Noons/Lombard double. Just Napao to go,

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I have been adding some bets since I lost my first one, done really well so far.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i came up on a boetsch / gil / dodson parlay but i feel i robbed the bookies when boetsch won. whatever. they'll get me back next time.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

15 for 55 on Cain/JDS inside 5 rds+ gonzaga double. I didn't see the fights tho!!

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

outy posted:

I've taken Gonzaga

im glad someone did. I dont keep up on this stuff anymore but when i saw the line I wished id put some money on it for fun and also to feel smart, which is why im posting this

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I saw that line, thought about it, and then decided that betting on Nate was a better idea. In other news, I'm mentally handicapped.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I was talking to a friend on the phone and burst out laughing because it looked like Gonzaga was just fighting a full blown fat dude.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

got $10 on a lineker, iaquinta, guillard and *record scratch* ryan jimmo parlay to win 80something dollars. let the good times roll.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

That Jimmo bet might be shaky, Manuwa is no joke. 13 wins, 12 by KO, and he's never seen a 3rd round.
He's obviously hosed as soon as he gets matched with a half-decent wrassler, but I don't think Jimmo is that guy.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Having said all that, I might be betting on Munoz, so what do I know :)
I'm going to watch the weigh-ins and make a decision.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

outy posted:

That Jimmo bet might be shaky, Manuwa is no joke. 13 wins, 12 by KO, and he's never seen a 3rd round.
He's obviously hosed as soon as he gets matched with a half-decent wrassler, but I don't think Jimmo is that guy.

i agree with you on all counts, but jimmo showed me last time that he's not above putting on a shitshow to convincingly win, the betting dude in me likes that. really though i think he's pretty good as an underdog and dragged my parlay percentages up.

counterpoint, betting on a machida fight is hosed up, but with your results last time, i'll just shut up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Can we bet on robot dance length? I want to bet on robot dance length.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If Jimmo does his unwatchable MFC karate man stuff he's going to get his brains knocked out

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have 10 bucks on each of Guillard, Jimmo, and whoever the due is who's fighting Sakara (because he's fight loving Sakara).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

attackmole posted:

I have 10 bucks on each of Guillard, Jimmo, and whoever the due is who's fighting Sakara (because he's fight loving Sakara).

But the boxing! He apparently was once a box!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

If Jimmo does his unwatchable MFC karate man stuff he's going to get his brains knocked out

in that case i win either way

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Why would you ever bet on Melvin Guillard? The Melvin Corrollary of MMA Betting states that none shall prosper when they place dollars on explosive blonde haired black dudes.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Melvin is as likely to lose a gimme match to hilarious KO or submission as he is to lose an important fight, so bet accordingly.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
FYI, Melvin changed camps yet again for this fight, he and Grudge got into some kind of monetary dispute and now he's with ATT.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Unrelated to the card at hand but a friend of mine works at a bar that Anthony Johnson frequents in Florida and he let slip that Rashad's camp is going terribly so far, with a bunch of different dudes telling him different things and he's worried it won't be enough against Chael. Blackzilians, y'all... Although I probably wouldn't bet on that fight regardless.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
10/25/13 1:58pm $10.00 to win $44.25 Pending 4 Team Parlay
Pending 10/26/13 4:00pm UFC Fighting 1201 Ryan Jimmo/Jimi Manuwa Over 1½ -155*
Pending 10/26/13 2:00pm UFC Fighting 1601 Al Iaquinta -145* vs Piotr Hallman
Pending 10/26/13 12:30pm UFC Fighting 1901 Cole Miller -190* vs Andy Ogle
Pending 10/26/13 5:00pm Props Fighting 1057 Munoz/Machida starts round 2 -359* vs Fight won't start round 2

There aren't any fun long shot props this card. Not sure why Munoz/Machida starts round 2 is so cheap.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Playing this event small, because I cashed out a ton of money the other day and because I don't like this event for betting anyways.

$5.00 to win $4.55: Hettes wins by submission -110
$5.00 to win $4.76: Lineker wins by TKO/KO -105
$9.28 to win $6.63: Al Iaquinta -140* vs Piotr Hallman
$17.24 to win $15.99: 4 fight parlay
Pending - Bryan Vasquez -1300* vs Rene Gonzalez (boxing fight, 5dimes said this fight was happening last week but it's happening tomorrow instead, for some reason)
Win - Daniel Cormier -525* vs Roy Nelson
Win - Gilbert Melendez -650* vs Diego Sanchez
Win - John Dodson -330* vs Darrell Montague

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I'm contemplating putting a decent chunk on Munoz +9.5 handicap @ +140.

Win a round (on all the judge's scorecards) and muster enough cardio to lose the decision, I believe in you Filipino Wrecking Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Machida looks good at 185, didn't fancy betting against him. I finally decided on:

Melvin Guillard @ 1.66
Jimi Manuwa @ 1.58
Double £20.00 to win £32.94

Lyoto Machida by KO, TKO or Disqualification @ 2.10
Single £15.00 to win £16.50

Piotr Hallmann @ 2.20
Single £15.00 to win £18