Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Holy poo poo they're newlyweds and they aren't gonna have a chance to have sex for a month. That's... unusual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

DoctorWhat posted:

Holy poo poo they're newlyweds and they aren't gonna have a chance to have sex for a month. That's... unusual.

You assume because they're streaming live they will not have sex. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

You assume because they're streaming live they will not have sex. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Now I understand why everybody's watching and donating. This isn't about their mental health at all!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

fleshweasel posted:

she cute and definitely broken inside. a+ would bang

Jesus christ.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

fleshweasel posted:

she cute and definitely broken inside. a+ would bang

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's mocking twitch chat you mongs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Crotch Bat posted:

Its funny, the entire chat is just full of "where's Tolkei/when's Tolkei coming back/is Tolkei sleeping?"

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Crotch Bat posted:

Are you mocking twitch chat too?

In other news Zoast got a 1:18 SM 100% run, breaks WR by 30 seconds.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Are you mocking twitch chat too?

In other news Zoast got a 1:18 SM 100% run, breaks WR by 30 seconds.

1:18:00.90, so close :negative:

But I love watching Zoast, no idea how he keeps improving so often.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
It was a late split, we all saw it. It was actually sub 1:18! :D

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

After watching him now for a little bit I'm pretty sure the marriage is a cover story. They are literally the same person, the results of some unholy experiment from the labs of Nintendo.

Pokemon XX/XY?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Pokemon 720 FAQ is some distilled crazy in text form.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Murphagator is starting to regularly speedrun Metal Wolf Chaos if you missed the madness from the Chicagothon event. Most of the charm is in the voice acting and cutscenes, but it's a good run to watch especially if you like Armored Core style games.

http://www.twitch.tv/murphagator For default layout.

http://multitwitch.tv/MURPHAGATOR For minimalist stream window and chat layout.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Phone posted:

The Pokemon 720 FAQ is some distilled crazy in text form.
Distilled is the right word, they got married because they love each other, the end.
Why even put that in the FAQ if that's all you have to say? I just imagine their wedding vows, "I want to marry you because I love you" *awkward silence as everyone waits for more* "no that's it, I'm done. Your turn."

EDIT: Phone posting is hard.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 21, 2013

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
"I love you. the end. your turn."

"Yeah I love you alot too. now what? Are we married?"

"Yeah I guess so. What do we do now?"

"Want to play the new Pokemon game for 720 hours online in front of a whole bunch of strangers?"

"Yeah sure."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

And now the girl's father just popped in and is streaming and talking Pokemon. And they are saying how they are doing a Pokemon themed birthday for the husband's mother. Complete with trivia competition. What the hell is going on with that family.

This is really the weirdest thing I've seen.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 21, 2013

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And now the girl's father just popped in and is streaming and talking Pokemon. And they are saying how they are doing a Pokemon themed birthday for the husband's mother. Complete with trivia competition. What the hell is going on with that family.

Some kind of love and acceptance thing. It's loving disgusting.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If someone could point to a time stamp in the vod I would like to see this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Holy poo poo this relationship would be laughed out of E/N. I cannot stop watching this trainwreck.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

cyghfer got subscriber button! Also more Rockman 2: http://www.twitch.tv/cyghfer

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

tolki posted:

I say sunshine when people post <3, its my catchphrase
I feel like this stream is some sort of Nintendo underground marketing campaign. The entire thing just seems crafted to be as likable yet unspecific and inoffensive as possible.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
So feasel has a "Fantasy Final Fantasy" league going for his Final Fantasy NES runs, where you can bet what monsters cause the most trouble in a particular run, as if his streams weren't already entertaining enough.

http://www.twitch.tv/feasel / http://multitwitch.tv/feasel

http://www.feasel.org/fff/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wadjamaloo posted:

I feel like this stream is some sort of Nintendo underground marketing campaign. The entire thing just seems crafted to be as likable yet unspecific and inoffensive as possible.

His mom and 15 year old sister popped in on stream and they all refer to each other by their internet nicknames. At least the guy quickly realized that telling the chat that his sister was a 15 year old cheerleader was a mistake. I don't think she's coming back...

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

His mom and 15 year old sister popped in on stream and they all refer to each other by their internet nicknames. At least the guy quickly realized that telling the chat that his sister was a 15 year old cheerleader was a mistake. I don't think she's coming back...

quote:

Where are you from?

Utah

Mormons? Would explain some things.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I managed to catch husband and wife on stream together. They sat 8ft apart and carried on a 10 minute conversation with nothing but memes. Then the wife abruptly walked off cam and apparently went to sleep without so much as saying goodnight.
Not really sure what I expected.

We need a good marathon to come around so we can start talking about something else.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They're like 300 hours into a marathon, they're probably fried. This goon armchair psychology of their relationship is dumb and creepy.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"Wow, that's pretty weird."

- GOON ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGY BRIGADE

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Phone posted:

"Wow, that's pretty weird."

- GOON ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGY BRIGADE

2 people playing Pokemon for a month straight and everyone's somehow shocked and amazed at every twist and turn of this thing.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

In trying-to-change-the-topic-of-conversation news, I noticed Cosmo is still working on WWHD. I'm kind of surprised, it looked like they killed most of the glitches that made the runs work. I guess the draw is figuring out a new route, as opposed to absolute lowest time. It'll be interesting to see which version the high-level runners stick with.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

ColdPie posted:

In trying-to-change-the-topic-of-conversation news, I noticed Cosmo is still working on WWHD. I'm kind of surprised, it looked like they killed most of the glitches that made the runs work. I guess the draw is figuring out a new route, as opposed to absolute lowest time. It'll be interesting to see which version the high-level runners stick with.

I watched him practice a bit yesterday, and my god, the lack of controller notches would drive me insane. They're so useful for precision setups.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Gymnast has a 4:35 on the HD version, probably due to faster text and the swift sail negating some of the time loss from superswimming being patched. It could go lower than the SD version, I think, especially if they find a new glitch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cosmo was going to do a 100% figurine run but then he just stopped for a month.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Cyghfer is running Gimmick! tonight and if you don't know why this is so awesome, you should just tune in right now for quality speedrushing.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Shabadu posted:

Cyghfer is running Gimmick! tonight and if you don't know why this is so awesome, you should just tune in right now for quality speedrushing.

cyghfer running Gimmick should be required viewing, in my opinion.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Spikevegeta is finishing up a classic megaman series run-through by doing a 46 robot masters "speedrun". He is not an expert Mega Man player.

It's a really entertaining watch, and a heartening one for people like me who suck terribly at Mega Man games.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Why is he on the phone explaining speedrunning to a girl right now? What is happening.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bummed that I am at work and going to miss Gimmick. It's such a solid run, doesn't really use any glitches or even play the game in unintended ways, it's just full of high skill tricks and movement.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 23, 2013

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
http://www.twitch.tv/stri

stri is doing some glover speedruns

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I keep watching Feasel's FF1 attempts whenever I can and it is so sad watching him die to some combination on Lich/Astos/Ordeals Gargoyles every time. I don't think I've seen him get the airship in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Wadjamaloo posted:

Bummed that I am at work and going to miss Gimmick. It's such a solid run, doesn't really use any glitches or even play the game in I intended ways, it's just full of high skill tricks and movement.

I wish there were more games like that. That's why I love watching Super Metroid runs, there's plenty of sequence breaking involved but almost nothing really looks or feels like a glitch - more like someone is using the mechanics given to them with incredible skill.

SotN, by comparison, is a game I thought I'd like because of its general similarities to SM, but speedruns of it look nothing like a regular playthrough of the game. Constant backdashing and more outright glitches make it feel less "natural", if that makes sense.

• Locked thread