Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
There's only one rule, please keep all pointless arguments and flamewars about sectionals vs. loveseats vs. recliners to a minimum. Otherwise, go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Couchchat: The Quickening

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
So how about that Lost and or Battlestar Galactica ending?

Actually, let's not.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Rocking chair supremacy.

Going back to the Vegas thing from the last thread, that picture makes me even happier for him. He's always seemed like a really lovely guy out of character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Death to fold-out couches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you don't just lie in bed to watch TV then get out :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I lie on a carefully crafted bed of pillows and blankets laid on the floor, thank you very much.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
Sometimes a ratty old futon will do the job.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

I bought an articulated arm so I can watch TV on my iPad while flat on my back in bed. It is pro-tier lounging.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The guy who plays Johnny Vegas may be the coolest person ever but that doesn't make me like his character any more. :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A chair. Made of stools. That turns into a couch. In the shape of a bed.

12 little televisions attatched to a large metal plate, affixed to the ceiling with rope and bolts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

What, they just let you lounge about on the Tube while streaming video on your iPhone? You Brits are weird.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That Buzzcocks episode S24E04 is really good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My girlfriend has watched entire seasons of TV shows on the Netflix app on her iPhone while in bed. Over a while, not all at once, but still. This was back when she had a 4, before she got her new 5C.

That just seems incredibly uncomfortable to me :ohdear:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I just moved and finally have room for a couch. Went blue microfiber for the upholstery and got a sofa bed for guests. Am I doing it right, couch chat?

Edit : if it makes a difference, the mattress in said sofa bed is memory foam.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I watch tv in my office from a very comfy Sumo bean bag.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah it's that magical time of year where I can't watch any shows on Fox for three weeks :allears: And P&R is on hiatus until next year.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Rocking chair supremacy.

Going back to the Vegas thing from the last thread, that picture makes me even happier for him. He's always seemed like a really lovely guy out of character.
Not being from the UK is my only excuse for this, but man I had no idea he was doing a character. And I've seen him in dozens of things over the years. Also I had no idea Alan Davies was supposedly unlikeable, I always liked him on QI. Also Clarkson is a massive rear end in a top hat but somehow entertains me. I don't particularly dislike any of the guests aside from Jo Brand. And that ventriloquist was just insanity.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Clarkson seems like he's playing a character, too, though. Like he knows who he appeals to and milks that for the attention it gets. He seems just as willing to laugh at jokes about him as the people making them, and there's something about that I like because our right wing assholes sure as gently caress don't.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I think that's largely it. For all his faults he does have a sense of humor about himself and isn't worried about making himself look like a tit and I'm sure he plays some of it up, yeah.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Stormageddon posted:

There's no such thing as a bad ending. Endings are irrelevant, because they are fundamentally a plot element, and the plot is unimportant in this glorious post-plot future we live in.

~*It's all about the characters!*~ :iamafag:

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
I don't understand why people bitch about Lost and Battlestar's endings when the Entourage, Weeds, and Big Love endings exist.

At least Lost and Battlestar actually tried with their endings.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh hell yeah are we gonna do this!?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We couldn't even wait a single page. :allears:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Stormageddon posted:

Clarkson seems like he's playing a character, too, though. Like he knows who he appeals to and milks that for the attention it gets. He seems just as willing to laugh at jokes about him as the people making them, and there's something about that I like because our right wing assholes sure as gently caress don't.

His full name is Jeremy Clarkson, With His Outrageous Politically Incorrect Opinions Which He Has For Money.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

CPFortest posted:

I don't understand why people bitch about Lost and Battlestar's endings when the Entourage, Weeds, and Big Love endings exist.

At least Lost and Battlestar actually tried with their endings.

I hate the music on Lost.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate the music on Lost.

The last twenty minutes must've been excruciating.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Unless Jack and Adama become lumberjacks, the endings are fine.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

That Buzzcocks episode S24E04 is really good.

That's the Wogan one, right? It's probably my favorite of the four that I posted.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slamhound posted:

What if it turned out God existed and made them lumberjacks. Angel lumberjacks :colbert:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Slamhound posted:

What the hell is wrong with lumberjacks??

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

BrooklynBruiser posted:

That's the Wogan one, right? It's probably my favorite of the four that I posted.

Yeah, it's just utterly sublime. Wogan was perfect as a guest host, Hound's just really good at panel shows, and James Blunt was an amazingly good sport.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What the hell is wrong with lumberjacks??

Dexter is what's wrong with lumberjacks.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

~*It's all about the characters!*~ :iamafag:

Yeah, but not that character--she's been an angel since season 3. Nor that character, he's dead and in purgatory. The shows are really about your least favorite characters such as the boring doctor and the fat mechanic who may or may not be a robot.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

zoux posted:

And P&R is on hiatus until next year.

No it isn't, we get 4 episodes in November: 2 on Nov. 14th, 2 on Nov. 21st.

(Still an annoying hiatus, though! At least Bob's Burgers comes back in a couple of weeks.)

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 22, 2013

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but not that character--she's been an angel since season 3. Nor that character, he's dead and in purgatory. The shows are really about your least favorite characters such as the boring doctor and the fat mechanic who may or may not be a robot.

Tyrol owned you crazy person.

I'll give you Jack though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stormageddon posted:

Actually, let's not.

I should ban you for starting this.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm going to take this opportunity to express an opinion about the end of Lost that I've been reticent, indeed unable to express for years.

That dog, what a oval office.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
No show's ending will ever match up to Breaking Bad's ending, so arguing about which lesser endings are the worst out of all the lesser endings out there is super dumb. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

No show's ending will ever match up to Breaking Bad's ending, so arguing about which lesser endings are the worst out of all the lesser endings out there is super dumb. :colbert:

To be fair, Six Feet Under's ending definitely rivals Breaking Bad's... but it wasn't as brilliant as a whole.

• Locked thread