Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KozmoNaut posted:

I think the ones that read 10% over a outliers.

I'd hope so, most manufacturers these days should be able to do better than this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

The UK is one of the places where the accuracy of the speedo is meant to be within certain limits (as per the contruction and use/type approval stuff, I don't think it's checked at the annual MOT). Mustn't under-read, and you're allowed to over-read by 10% + 6mph at normal road speeds (up to 70mph). The speedo's meant to be able to read up to the car's top speed.

I think commercial (tacho'd) stuff is required to be more accurate.

Now that you own a landy you should really know this (trust me - it'll break!) - The speedo isn't tested at all at the MOT. You need it there so that the tester can read a mileage off it but the needle doesn't have to move, and if you have the same mileage 2 years running the MOT tester doesnt care.
If your tester decides to test your brakes using a tapley meter rather than the rollers I guess you could probably fail for lack of speedo if they were feeling extra grumpy! but otherwise I doubt they will even notice. Mine still passed :)

However - if you get pulled over and VOSA do a roadworthiness check, the lack of speedo will count as a defect and will get you points/fine/recovery charges even if you have an MOT.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

KozmoNaut posted:

I think the ones that read 10% over a outliers.

Both of my bikes read maybe 2-3% over at most and the car reads about 5% over.

This has come up at work a couple times, normal variance for our speedo's is 5-10%, anything over and it needs a fixing

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God dammit I was backing out of a parking spot at school earlier. Couple fuckhead kids in an old POS Kia pulled up to my left (I was about to go left once I backed out) in the center of the aisle and just sits there staring at me. I stare right back, and right as I start creeping forward to give him the hint to back up and clear way for me, he loving guns it and whips in front of my truck to pull at like a 45 degree angle into both my spot and the thankfully empty one next to me. As I'm recovering from the shock of witnessing something so blatantly reckless, I look back and now he's doing like a 5-point turn to straighten out.

Dipshit, if you'd have waited like 3 loving seconds and let me out I would have been on my way, and you could have turned wide and pulled straight into the spot! I swear, it took all my self control not to turn around, park behind him and chew this dumb gently caress out for like 5 minutes about driving safety.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
There's 3 things I see around here that annoy me to no end: lovely HID's improperly retrofitted onto cars they don't belong on, people who are always on the gas/brake and don't understand that you can coast to slow down on an empty straight-away, and people who come to a complete stop in the middle of the road to make a right turn when it's not necessary. The irony here is that it's usually hybrids that drive like this, and I have a live MPG gauge and an OBC that constantly reminds me that I get a solid 10-15mpg less whenever I'm following a hybrid. Oh the irony.

And if someone isn't driving like a grandma in a prius/leaf/volt, or they aren't your typical mid life crisis bmw/audi road ragers, you bet your rear end they're going to be a teenager in a hackjob e36 with the most obnoxious ~HIDzZz~ money can buy. It's one thing to be cheap and lazy and put HID bulbs in a light housing without cutoffs and too much reflectiveness for the bulb, but most of them around here are actually running really expensive proper HID conversions with terrible bulbs and alignment. And they're proud as hell of them. I just don't understand how someone could spend $500+ on ~angel eyez~ for their car and then point them in the oncoming lane with the cutoff too high and call it a day. I've seen a few of these cars parked and the saddest part is that a lot of these kits aren't cheap ebay knockoffs but rather really expensive conversion kits.

There are two offenders who drive matching e36 m3's with angel eye kits with the brightest yellow always-turned-on fogs I've ever seen and I met one of them at a gas station. He was so proud about his lovely headlights. He wouldn't stop talking about how much time and money he spent on them. He thinks we're friends or something now since we both drive bmw's, because I see him on the road at least once a week and he always pulls alongside me, gives me a thumbs up, then follows behind me turning my car into a lighthouse. For this reason alone I'm prioritizing putting limo-esque tint on my car over actual important things like getting new motor/trans mounts or refreshing my driveshaft.

Luckily for them I'm no longer an angsty teenager driving a total beater car that I don't care about, because I used to carry a mirror, whiteboard, and dry erase pen in my old car for this exact purpose. I just pull over now.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 23, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Drunken Lullabies posted:

There's 3 things I see around here that annoy me to no end: lovely HID's improperly retrofitted onto cars they don't belong on, people who are always on the gas/brake and don't understand that you can coast to slow down on an empty straight-away, and people who come to a complete stop in the middle of the road to make a right turn when it's not necessary. The irony here is that it's usually hybrids that drive like this, and I have a live MPG gauge and an OBC that constantly reminds me that I get a solid 10-15mpg less whenever I'm following a hybrid. Oh the irony.

Read up on Regenerative Braking. They're still incredibly obnoxious twats, though.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

West SAAB Story posted:

Read up on Regenerative Braking. They're still incredibly obnoxious twats, though.

I know what regenerative braking is, I should have gone into a bit more detail. Most of these people will, say, be doing 40 in a 35, slam their brakes until they're doing 20-25, and then slowly accelerate back up to 40, repeat. Granted I only have a very very passing knowledge/understanding of regenerative braking but I doubt this is good driving practice and it's obviously really unsafe, which is apparent because a lot of these cars are 0-2 years old and have obviously had 1 or more rear end collisions.

A lot of them aren't in hybrids either, I should have said "hybrids and new toyotas/hondas in general" I think it's because there is an absolutely insane amount of cops with nothing to do, so it's not unheard of for people to get pulled over and ticketed for doing 3-5mph over (which of often in the margin of error for a lot of speedo's)

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 23, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
One nice thing about having non-US cars is the button for the rear fog lights. They're usually tucked away where the reverse lights are - just a bit brighter. If they get too aggressive, you could just kick that on and suddenly they think you are in reverse.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

West SAAB Story posted:

One nice thing about having non-US cars is the button for the rear fog lights. They're usually tucked away where the reverse lights are - just a bit brighter. If they get too aggressive, you could just kick that on and suddenly they think you are in reverse.

The last time I did something even remotely road ragey involved getting shot at and a few days in jail so I'm good on that. I just bite my tongue, pull over and avoid lovely drivers now.

edit: That sounds really bad but tl;dr the legal system is hosed and now I know that. I basically said "I know where you live" to a road rager who held me at gunpoint and shot at me, which is apparently a death threat and more illegal than actually trying to kill someone. Or maybe it's the fact that he was an ex-navy commander and I have priors.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 23, 2013

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I've honked to get someone's attention in an attempt to avoid a collision three times in the last year that resulted in that individual literally trying to ram my car in road rage. Yesterday was the most recent event; some guy didn't look, merged into me, pushing me into the shoulder as I hit the brake, honking in reflex. He then proceeded to chase me across state lines across all four lanes of busy interstate before I was finally able to lose him by gunning it and then slamming on my brakes between 18-wheelers.

So loving sick of this city.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The last time I did something even remotely road ragey involved getting shot at and a few days in jail so I'm good on that. I just bite my tongue, pull over and avoid lovely drivers now.

edit: That sounds really bad but tl;dr the legal system is hosed and now I know that. I basically said "I know where you live" to a road rager who held me at gunpoint and shot at me, which is apparently a death threat and more illegal than actually trying to kill someone. Or maybe it's the fact that he was an ex-navy commander and I have priors.

Uhm.....I think you stumbled into the wrong forum.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Motronic posted:

Uhm.....I think you stumbled into the wrong forum.

No, no.. I'd like to hear a bit more about this. :allears:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just a few days ago I was on my motorcycle, and some guy in a blue Mazda Protege (with spoiler for downforceeeee) merged between me and the PT Cruiser I was following in a school zone (temporary 15mph limit zone), and just barely clipped my front tire. I didn't go down, but it was a pants-making GBS threads moment and I, purely instinctually, had my left thumb clamped down on the horn button, along with my toes pointing down and both hands gripping both the brake and clutch lever (I think it's a learned response or something :???: ). Immediately after I recovered from the tire clip, while still holding the horn down, I tried to pass him in the center turn lane, but he swerved to block me and almost caused a second crash; I actually locked my front tire up for a second.

In the span of ten seconds, I had gone from peacefully cruising in a school zone, to nearly making GBS threads myself with my first actual vehicle-vehicle contact on a motorcycle, to experiencing the worst road-rage I have ever had. I didn't know exactly what to do at the moment, but all I knew is that I needed to get out of that situation, but I wasn't thinking clearly. I tried passing him again, and he blocked me again. I tried passing on the right in the bicycle lane, and I was almost forced up onto the sidewalk. I would back away to build up some speed (I'm on an Enfield, so my 14-17 horsepower needs some run-up room), and he would swerve to the left to block me again before I even started charging up. I finally made it through by backing away to build speed and having him swerve, but I passed on the right instead. Keep in mind, all of this happened in a few city blocks just past the school zone.

A block or so after I passed him and was speeding away (probably way too fast, but I was seriously flustered and crazed at this point), the road split into two lanes again, and he started running up in my lane and I barely avoided being rear-ended by swerving into the oncoming lane, and he sped away at about 70-80mph. I had just started cooling down, but this launched me back into super-rage-mode, so I swerved back and started chasing him. He drove down a few streets, and I saw him turn off onto a side street. I followed, and after six or so turns around residential blocks, I had caught up (because I could keep my sped up in corners or could speed up faster after a turn, I guess. The Enfield is slow as poo poo). On a longer straight residential street, he sped up a bit and pulled a quick u-turn in a townhouse parking lot, and parked the wrong way in my lane blocking the bicycle lane so I would be right at his driver's door.

Up until this point, I was riding and chasing on pure adrenaline and rage, but I very quickly had my second (figuratively) pants-making GBS threads moment of the day when I saw him do that, because I thought he was blocking me in to pull out a gun or something and shoot me. I was going too fast to pull to the left to escape, so I decided to book it and tried hopping up the sidewalk to pass. Unfortunately I buggered it, and accidentally killed my (kickstart-only) engine instead - right beside his car.

To my surprise he didn't look angry, or even scared, but just mildly perturbed and white-knuckled. I'm trying to hide my very real fear that I'm about to be shot or run over, so I keep my helmet (modular) chin-bar down. He starts talking first by, calmly, saying "I stopped because I knew I wasn't going to get away from you." At this point, I'm flabbergasted that he hasn't started screaming or pulled a gat, so I do the only thing I could think to do in the situation, and open my helmet up. I left my built-in sun visor down, but looking back I simply forgot to raise it - I wasn't trying to look intimidating or anything.

All I can sputter out is something along the lines of, "You cut me back off there in the school zone, and it was very scary and surprising. You saw what happened afterwards. Normally I call the police for things like this (I pointed to my bluetooth control button on the helmet at this point) but I was too busy chasing you." (I have a feeling this was actually spoken in much simpler English). After a few more exchanges of surprisingly calm words, we shake hands (with left hands because of position - I even said "Sorry for the left-hand shake, but 'here' <I put my hand out>"), he says "Nice bike," and I blurt out "Your car is pretty loud." :facepalm: After I wave the few cars that have backed up behind me (in front of him, facing the wrong way in the lane), we shake hands again and he drives off. I made sure to drive off in the opposite direction he did, even though it was away from my house.

The moment I got home, I took off my riding gear and grabbed my tools to start disassembling my motorcycle for painting. It's needed a paintjob for quite awhile, and I realized that I probably shouldn't be riding for awhile due to what just happened. I experienced some of, if not the, worst road rage I have ever had in over a decade, and I've had some pretty bad experiences. One of mine in the past ended up with me pulling into a parking lot and calling 911 because I thought I was dying (turned out to be the first, and only, panic attack I have ever had), and another ended up with me buying new front suspension and bumper pillars for my Olds 88. This one, though, could have ended badly in so many various ways along every step of the incident that I am still mulling over it a few days later. I still get irrationally angry when I think of how he both clipped my front tire pulling into a space that wasn't big enough for his car (just took off from a stop to let kids cross and he came flying into the lane from a side street without stopping), and how he tried blocking me off so many times to the side when I just wanted to escape and forget him forever. I even still remember his license plate number clearly.

That rage combined with the totally bizzaro-world end to the conflict that completely lacked any violence or even shouting has left a still-very-strong dissonance. The only thing I can think of now is how I didn't die in any of the turns that I've never before taken at that speed, or how I'm not in jail with a felony on my record for riding <very fast> in a slow zone, or how I'm not dead from any number of other factors.

The moral of the story is, I'm one of the people you share a road with.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 23, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

razorscooter posted:

I beg all of the drivers around me to please just stop at the stop line. Not a car length or two behind it, not in the middle of the crosswalk. Please just stop at that line.

I walk dogs for the shelter every week and nobody stops at the white line at this one light. I mean nobody. They all want to make a right turn and are looking left. Doesn't matter if I have a reflective vest on and a very cute doggy with a walk signal, they'd run me over.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I have a policy of not walking in front of any car where the driver is looking backwards, I mean unless they're obviously backing up. I was crossing in a crosswalk the other day and there was a car actually properly stopped at the line in front of it. The young female driver was turned backward to talk to her passenger though, so I stopped on the assumption that she might start pulling forward before she actually looked forward. She did.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

West SAAB Story posted:

No, no.. I'd like to hear a bit more about this. :allears:

I don't really feel like getting banned today :ohdear:

If you really want to hear the story leave your email or something. I wrote a brief synopsis here but realized that it quickly became a wall of text and it's really off topic and nobody's going to believe me anyway.

I guess the one thing I'll post is that I was let out of custody on the scene after being arrested and I ended up getting found not guilty on 4 felonies and 3 gross misdemeanors with a public defender (who luckily gave my case a lot of attention because I had hired him in the past) and ended up doing a few days in jail for harassment, & that the other person has diagnosed mental health issues and a history of road rage incidents which helped a lot (but the state still lets him have a concealed carry license??? that always confused me.) I ended up hearing about my charges through the mail 6 months later and I attribute it to the fact that I had lawyered up and won a previous case in the same court, so the prosecutor had it out for me on a personal level. To make this semi-relevant she drives a Murano cross-cabriolet so I had a good chuckle going to each of my court dates.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 23, 2013

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

I don't really feel like getting banned today :ohdear:

If you really want to hear the story leave your email or something. I wrote a brief synopsis here but realized that it quickly became a wall of text and it's really off topic and nobody's going to believe me anyway.

I guess the one thing I'll post is that I was let out of custody on the scene after being arrested and I ended up getting found not guilty on 4 felonies and 3 gross misdemeanors with a public defender (who luckily gave my case a lot of attention because I had hired him in the past) and ended up doing a few days in jail for harassment, & that the other person has diagnosed mental health issues and a history of road rage incidents which helped a lot (but the state still lets him have a concealed carry license??? that always confused me.) I ended up hearing about my charges through the mail 6 months later and I attribute it to the fact that I had lawyered up and won a previous case in the same court, so the prosecutor had it out for me on a personal level. To make this semi-relevant she drives a Murano cross-cabriolet so I had a good chuckle going to each of my court dates.

Am I the only one who finds the fact that this guy memorized the prosecutor's car really creepy?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

He does like to know where people live.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 24, 2019

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Dick Burglar posted:

Am I the only one who finds the fact that this guy memorized the prosecutor's car really creepy?

Yeah because this doesn't stand out in a parking lot or anything.

quote:

He does like to know where people live.

Dude lived down the street from me, and also drove a very recognizable car (giant lifted red brotruck) that was always parked out front.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 23, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My dashcam showed up today.

The video quality is shockingly good - good enough to read license plates at night if you get close enough.

I wonder if I'll catch someone being super douchebaggy with it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

some texas redneck posted:

The video quality is shockingly good - good enough to read license plates at night if you get close enough.

Which one did you get, the Moebius?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The G1W, from this particular seller. Took about a week and a half to get from China to Texas.

Build quality is a bit... flimsy (as every review points out), but it has excellent picture quality, even at night. If your power socket is switched, it can also be configured to start recording immediately when you start the car, and stop <X minutes> after turning off the car. Power cord is hilariously long.

For $52, it's great, but it doesn't actually have "night vision" (it has a bright white LED on the front if you enable the "IR LED"). I can live with that.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

I ordered the same one and it arrived here too. I just need to get a flash card for it, (and have somewhere to drive). I'll probably go to MSY to get the flash card and try it out on the way back.

e:
For any Au goons even though it was free postage, it came by toll courier, so I go it in about 7 days too. Unlike the whole pile of junk I have bought from non ebay China sellers that I'm still waiting for a month later....

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 23, 2013

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Just ordered one, I've been wanting to get one for a while, but really didn't want to spend the money on any of the expensive ones. For $52 I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I wound up buying the cheapest card I could find at a drug store before work, just so I could use it (oddly, the 8GB card was much cheaper than some 4GB cards they had). $15 + tax..

... ordered a 32GB card from Amazon when I got home. Should be here Thursday. :20bux:

That video was actually taken on one of my deliveries (hence the guard waving me through with no more than a "hey how you doing?" - I'm in that neighborhood often enough that they know me). I was hoping to also upload a daytime video, but as it turns out, when you're recording at 1080p with audio, an 8GB card fills up really fast. All the daytime stuff got overwritten pretty quick - each 3 minute clip is between 250-350 MB.

And yeah, for $52, it's a fantastic camera. Decent mount, super long cable on the power adapter (ran it around the headliner, around the front passenger door, and dropped it to the floor between the front and back doors, to have it plug into the rear power outlet - the rear one switches on/off with the car, the front is always on), just make sure you disable the "IR LED" in the settings if you don't want a glaring white LED shining. The UI takes some getting used to as well, the firmware is clearly carried over from a different model (and as such, some buttons don't quite do what you expect). If you plug it into a switched outlet, you can program how long it stays on after you shut off the car. Supposedly. I have it set to 3 minutes, it seems to shut off after 1. Still long enough to capture parking/exiting anyway.

I haven't played with the settings much yet.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Holy crap that's good quality. What sort of recording time or mb/min or whatever does it get?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Are there gaps between the files? Can you set the length of file segments?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Will it handle a 64gb card?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
From what I've read before I bought it, only handles up to a 32GB card. 64GB is possible with hacks though and only a couple of people have done it.
Files are larger than some other recording devices too, thats another con, I remember 15000mbps mentioned, about 1hr uses 8GB. Someone mentioned 3-5min is the segment length it seemed to work best on.

e:
There's a thread on dashacmtalk about it
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1w-novatek-96650-wdr-f1-6-h-264-mov-15mbps-gps-dash-cam-dvr.1449/

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 23, 2013

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Geirskogul posted:

The moral of the story is, I'm one of the people you share a road with.
I think this whole thread really comes down to the fact that we judge ourselves by our intent and others by their actions. I'd be surprised if that exact line hasn't already been uttered somewhere in this thread, because it's the truth. You never know what the person in the other car is dealing with/going through, and none of us exist in a vacuum; we're all driving under the influence of the poo poo in our lives. It's very easy to see only the surface, the symptoms, and respond to them (colored by our own troubles; our bad day, our girlfriend leaving, our dog dying) by escalating the situation. It's easier to say "WHAT A loving IDIOT OMG [my town/city] HAS THE WORST DRIVERS" and start boiling over than it is to take a few breaths and let your anger go. Obviously you've gotta make a judgement call on calling the cops if someone is really off-the-chain dangerous, but I'd hazard to guess that for most of us, there's a large continuum of gray area that we tend to place people towards the "dangerous" end on in our personal ranking system, if only because we have no context for their behavior.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I know what regenerative braking is, I should have gone into a bit more detail. Most of these people will, say, be doing 40 in a 35, slam their brakes until they're doing 20-25, and then slowly accelerate back up to 40, repeat.

Regenerative braking is not as efficient as not slowing down in the first place. The best thing you can do in a hybrid or an electric is to set the cruise control.

The people you're describing are just loving braindead, don't pay one iota of attention to driving the car, and shouldn't have drivers licenses; it has nothing to do with their vehicle choice. I like when they can't get up an overpass hill within fifteen miles an hour of their baseline cruise speed, so I go around them, and then they honk, flash their highbeams, etc, when they accelerate on the downslope, twenty seconds later, and aren't happy with the speed I just passed them at...

:commissar:

Bathroom Surprise
Feb 15, 2005

Was that video taken with the led on or off? I drive a box truck 11p-7a and have been meaning to get a dashcam for a long time, thinking about sticking it to the rear window of the cab to try to capture the side mirrors too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The G1W, from this particular seller. Took about a week and a half to get from China to Texas.

How does it look mounted? That suction cup rig seems to be enormous.

Though I suppose that's only because the device itself is so tiny.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Suction cup is 50mm in diameter, so pretty small (compared to a GPS suction cup at least). From suction cup to the end on the mounting bracket is 70mm at max adjustment settings (which would be a silly postion to set it to).
The whole mounting suction cup thing fits in the palm of my hand and I can fit into a half clenched fist.
It's certainly not a large mounting device, but I haven't compared it to any other dash cam.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 23, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Saw a dude at the lights today floor it and lay on the horn because a woman and her little girl were still crossing by the time the light changed :catstare:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

To be fair this entire thread could be ConnecticutDrivers.txt.

Yeah, I could probably make a good sized post everyday about the terrible drivers I see.

I went to college (University of New Haven) with a lot of people from NY, NJ, and MA. Everyone liked to claim that someone else's state had worse drivers. I finally just started responding that our states are all terrible and Americans in general can't drive for poo poo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

How does it look mounted? That suction cup rig seems to be enormous.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some pictures of that either.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I was going about 70mph and someone in a generic midsize passed me. They had a donut spare on the right front tire.

75mph on a donut :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

CannonFodder posted:

I was going about 70mph and someone in a generic midsize passed me. They had a donut spare on the right front tire.

75mph on a donut :gonk:

I got passed a few weeks ago by a guy in a FWD shitbox, with a FLAT doughnut on the front left, sparks flying, wheel screaming, death wobbling, etc. I was doing maybe 60, he was doing at least 70.

ON HIS CELL PHONE.

90% of people shouldn't be allowed to drive.