Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

EDIT: New page, better add some content.

Best Burgers: Scratch, Holeman & Finch, Reagan's Burger Barn, Stax Burger Bar
Decent Burgers: Burger-Fi, Cheeseburger Bobby's
Worst Burger: JCT Kitchen & Bar

Any burger recommendations?

venutolo posted:

:rms::burger::fork:

If you are planning to attend the dinner at The General Muir, please, please, please RSVP to the Evite. From the Google docs form I put up to find a date for this, we had 11 or 12 yes and another 10 or so maybes. So far I've got 5 RSVP'd. I'd really like to get 10+. If I only get a handful of yes RSVPs, then I'll probably cancel and attempt to reschedule for some later date for a larger group.

http://www.evite.com/l/4EnXW4jReN

Have we determined if this was going to be the fixed menu price or piecemeal? Just curious.

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I really like Little's Food Store for a burger. If you haven't been, it's a weird little market in cabbage town that has a 10-seat greasy spoon bar inside that you can saddle up at. You get the feeling that you're not at all cool enough / poor enough to be there, but shake it off and get an extremely modestly priced burger stack. I bike there with friends sometimes 'cause parking is a bit scarce.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

York_M_Chan posted:

Have we determined if this was going to be the fixed menu price or piecemeal? Just curious.

Regular menu.

For burgers, my favorites are Grindhouse (Sweet Auburn Market location, not Piedmont location), Bocado, and The General Muir.

kuskus posted:

I really like Little's Food Store for a burger. If you haven't been, it's a weird little market in cabbage town that has a 10-seat greasy spoon bar inside that you can saddle up at. You get the feeling that you're not at all cool enough / poor enough to be there, but shake it off and get an extremely modestly priced burger stack. I bike there with friends sometimes 'cause parking is a bit scarce.

Little's is pretty neat. Good burgers, a bit hipster-y for my tastes, and atrocious parking.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Muss & Turner's also makes a pretty goddamn good burger, although I'll admit I haven't been to most of the other places mentioned yet. :sigh:

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

The Land of the Robots will rise again

venutolo posted:

If you are planning to attend the dinner at The General Muir, please, please, please RSVP to the Evite. From the Google docs form I put up to find a date for this, we had 11 or 12 yes and another 10 or so maybes. So far I've got 5 RSVP'd. I'd really like to get 10+. If I only get a handful of yes RSVPs, then I'll probably cancel and attempt to reschedule for some later date for a larger group.

http://www.evite.com/l/4EnXW4jReN

Yeah everyone, RSVP for this event Venutolo has carefully put together. Should be a lot of fun. Also, if it's under 10 people, let's still make this happen.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
RSVP'd, looking forward to it...

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
I went to Farm Burger today for lunch. It was pretty alright. I got their Atlanta Beer Week special which let me keep the pint glass.

This was only my second time ever going and I enjoyed my first time there a lot more. The previous time I got their vegetarian burger (I believe it was made out of soy) since it was the deal that day and I'm cheap, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was my first ever "fake" burger but it was delicious and would get it again.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Powdered Toast Man posted:

Muss & Turner's also makes a pretty goddamn good burger, although I'll admit I haven't been to most of the other places mentioned yet. :sigh:

M&Ts is the best burger I've ever had, if you like the thick juicy medium-rare burger thing. The fact that there's always some awesome beer to go with it doesn't hurt, either. :v: I fear it's ruined other hamburgers for me, though, but I also haven't tried those other places, so there might yet be hope.

If you like fast-food style burgers (but actually good) and you're around downtown, Googie Burger in the park has some pretty tasty ones (though I really prefer their chicken sandwich, which is incredible). Good milkshakes, too. Shame I was always there for lunch at work, so I never got to try their spiked shakes.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Goon dinner at The General Muir is next weekend. So far we have 7. :(

From the previous Google docs form used to pick a date, I have not heard from the following people:

quote:

Yes
York_m_chan (2)
anthropogentric (2)
Souli (2)

Probably Yes
Skinny King Pimp (2)
Cendien (2)
Actionate (2-4)

If you're one of these people, I'd really appreciate letting me know if you are going (via RSVP to the evite if you going, posting in this thread or RSVP if you are not). Thanks.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 26, 2013

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

venutolo posted:

From the previous Google docs form used to pick a date, I have not heard from the following people:

If you're one of these people, I'd really appreciate letting me know if you are going (via RSVP to the evite if you going, posting in this thread or RSVP if you are not). Thanks.

Still taking more?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Centurium posted:

Still taking more?

Yes, please! Taking as many as we can get.

cendien
Sep 14, 2008

venutolo posted:

RSVP'd for 2.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

cendien posted:

RSVP'd for 2.

Thanks!

Anyone been to One Eared Stag? I've been there six times in the last two months and I really like it and it has jumped into my short list of favorite restaurants around town. I think it is great, but it is never busy and doesn't get much in the way of publicity. In fact, most of the publicity I read about it is along the lines of it being under-appreciated:

So what I'm saying is that you should give it a go.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Here's the list so far for the dinner at The General Muir this weekend:

venutolo (1)
Landrobot (2)
cendien (2)
mindphlux (2)
kuskus (1)
Antisodachrist (2)

The evite has York_M_Chan listed in the side bar under "Not Yet Replied", but in the main pane has "York_m_Chan replied yes + 1 guest", so I don't what that means.

From the original spreadsheet, the following people indicated that they might be interested, but haven't responded to the evite:

Souli (2)
Skinny King Pimp (2)
Actionate (2-4)

These people, and anyone else, is welcome to RSVP and come.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'm still rocksteady plannin on coming. looking forward to it!

I've been to one eared stag quite a few times - I go there for lunch sometimes, since it's so quiet and kind of nicer - makes for a good business lunch meeting spot.

they did piss me off once, their facebook page said they had hot chicken on some day of the week, and I went there all ready as poo poo for some hot chicken and it wasn't being served. :<

it's also a little expensive - but the food has always been great. no complaints. always wanted to try their crazy brunch platter or whatever it is with the beer served with it.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

I've been to One Eared Stag on a couple occasions for brunch and it's nice. It's really never, ever busy, which is crazy, but it's definitely good. The black pepper biscuits with sausage gravy are great. It's definitely an underrated brunch spot, and not having to wait for brunch in Atlanta is a wonderful thing. Worth checking out if you haven't been, but it is a bit on the expensive side as mindphlux mentions.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

venutolo posted:

The evite has York_M_Chan listed in the side bar under "Not Yet Replied", but in the main pane has "York_m_Chan replied yes + 1 guest", so I don't what that means.

I must suck at evites as I do the rest of the internet. I will be there plus 1.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

York_M_Chan posted:

I must suck at evites as I do the rest of the internet. I will be there plus 1.

Great, thanks.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I just found out I can't make it. I hope you guys have a great time.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

kuskus posted:

I just found out I can't make it. I hope you guys have a great time.

Boo this man.

Gunuku
Sep 26, 2007

I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science.
Lipstick Apathy
Pallookaville finally opens tonight with a limited menu and I am so goddamn excited for these meat sticks.

Actionate
Oct 17, 2004

DRIVING SKILLS +3
We're in for the Rural Juror dinner tomorrow!

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Actionate posted:

We're in for the Rural Juror dinner tomorrow!

Great.

I'll see everyone tomorrow night. When you get there, you can ask them point you towards Rick, or you can just look around and find the person who looks like they would spend $10 to post on the Internet.

If anyone else decides at the last minute that they want to attend, post in this thread and then feel free to show up.

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

venutolo posted:

Great.

I'll see everyone tomorrow night. When you get there, you can ask them point you towards Rick, or you can just look around and find the person who looks like they would spend $10 to post on the Internet.

If anyone else decides at the last minute that they want to attend, post in this thread and then feel free to show up.

Yes, we're all wearing our best fedoras, including the ladies.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Landrobot posted:

Yes, we're all wearing our best fedoras, including the ladies.

If I see any MLP attire I may set someone on fire.

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

antisodachrist posted:

If I see any MLP attire I may set someone on fire.

How can you enjoy a crab rueben without your favorite Brony shirt on?!

cendien
Sep 14, 2008

Landrobot posted:

What the hell have I gotten myself into.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Landrobot posted:

I have high hopes that this dinner won't actually be that that goony, I hope my expectations aren't destroyed and dashed upon the rocky shores below :horse:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

mindphlux posted:

I have high hopes that this dinner won't actually be that that goony, I hope my expectations aren't destroyed and dashed upon the rocky shores below :horse:

Everyone but me is bringing a plus-one, so that would seem to indicate everyone else is capable of normal enough human interaction that they were able to find someone who likes them. Someday I hope to join that elite group.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

venutolo posted:

Everyone but me is bringing a plus-one, so that would seem to indicate everyone else is capable of normal enough human interaction that they were able to find someone who likes them. Someday I hope to join that elite group.

They aren't that expensive. My plus one is my Japanese Love Pillow... my Real Doll is jealous, but I promised her a night at the theater next weekend.

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

mindphlux posted:

All the married ladies love the Bronies!

:krad:

see you all in an hour!

Actionate
Oct 17, 2004

DRIVING SKILLS +3
We're heading through the toll plaza now, so we might be a few minutes late. Sorry goons.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for coming out, guys! I had a good time and hope everyone else did as well.

e: Here's that pho blog post I mentioned: http://www.chowdownatlanta.com/atlanta-pho-tour/

venutolo fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 3, 2013

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
yeah, good times! really nice to meet y'all, and see those of you I knew already again. let's do another before too long!

chai panni was floated, and our side of the table was talking about maybe hitting up shoya izakaya. one of my favorites, good for groups, and Rick hasn't been. so... Rick needs to go. :)

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

venutolo posted:

Thanks for coming out, guys! I had a good time and hope everyone else did as well.

Thanks again for hosting this, we had fun! The General Muir was fantastic, so we'll definitely be going back often.

mindphlux posted:

chai panni was floated, and our side of the table was talking about maybe hitting up shoya izakaya. one of my favorites, good for groups, and Rick hasn't been. so... Rick needs to go. :)

Yes. I've been wanting to try Shoya Izakaya for awhile now, as I shop at that HMart, so let's definitely make this happen soon. Chai Pani can happen at a later time when the head chef gets back from India...

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I'd certainly be down for more of these, and would love to go back to Chai Pani or visit Shoya Izakaya for the first time.

I'm pretty sure I could talk to the people I know at Community Q BBQ and get us the big table table if we wanted to do BBQ some time. If we ever wanted to do a brunch, we could easily fit in at One Eared Stag since they're never busy at brunch even though it is a great brunch. Korean BBQ at a place like Iron Age, Hae Woon Dae, or 678 could also be particular good in a group.

Thanks again to all who came out.

Now I'm off to The General Muir for my regular Sunday brunch!

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
Anyone have any recommendations for a good ramen place near Buckhead? One of my friends recommended me a place called Raku but that's way out in Duluth and would rather not have to travel that far if I can help it.

Actionate
Oct 17, 2004

DRIVING SKILLS +3
We had a good time and the food was excellent. Let's get a monthly Goon Dinner Grub Train going.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

enthe0s posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good ramen place near Buckhead? One of my friends recommended me a place called Raku but that's way out in Duluth and would rather not have to travel that far if I can help it.

At brunch today, I was recommended Miso Izakaya for good noodles. It isn't next to Buckhead, but it is ITP so it is probably 10 minutes or so closer than a place in Duluth. I've never been there, but I trust the opinion of the person who recommended it. They also have a ramen burger apparently.

Actionate posted:

We had a good time and the food was excellent. Let's get a monthly Goon Dinner Grub Train going.

I'd really love that. I don't have friends who are interested in food, so basically all of my dining is alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I'm a big fan of Shoya. They've got a big menu and everything I've had there is really solid, sushi or otherwise (they have a lot of other Japanese foods). Plus they have a nice selection of imported booze that you don't see too often.