Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dissss posted:

SalesLogix? That package and it's half-assed Outlook integration is quickly becoming the bane of my existence
Yeah I think that error probably does come from the SLX integration. I see it occasionally because it sometimes takes a few seconds to get a proper network connection or something after I log in, possibly because my DC is 5000 miles away from my office.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Saw this on Reddit. I think Xerox is overreacting just a little bit.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Crowley posted:

Saw this on Reddit. I think Xerox is overreacting just a little bit.

Good riddance.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

dpbjinc posted:

More errors I understand that most people probably wouldn't because they should never have to!

That's an odd way of putting it, but that probably means the site is doing something in the background, like uploading a file. I get a similar error in Gmail all the time.

"Destructor" is programmer jargon. A destructor is what runs when a program is done with some object and needs to clean up. Probably what's happening is Quickbooks is trying to overwrite some temporary files for security, but the files are in use by Internet Explorer. Of course, that should not be happening. Quickbooks should be using its own temporary files and giving a meaningful warning if it can't delete something.

My gut feeling on this one is that Quickbooks uses IE as a rendering engine for some sort of rich content type stuff somewhere in the app, and so it's fighting with IE about who can do what, possibly relating to temp files like you guessed. Mostly based off the fact that they suggest changing the default browser.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I accidentally tried to save something into a directory the application had no rights for. I take it they didn't plan for that.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Sereri posted:

I accidentally tried to save something into a directory the application had no rights for. I take it they didn't plan for that.

I've had something like that happen (but without anything in the dialog box, it was completely blank) when running a second instance of a particularly slow application before.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here's one from Avaya's IP Office Phone Manager app. If it fails to connect to the phone system for any reason it provides this super helpful error:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tunga posted:

Here's one from Avaya's IP Office Phone Manager app. If it fails to connect to the phone system for any reason it provides this super helpful error:

Well, it's not incorrect :v:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
My enterprise password is due to expire in abut a week, I am lazy and haven't changed it. When I log in on our intranet site I get the typical reminder message. I click continue to avoid the password change and am presented with an error page.

Error: Login Successful.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I see.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

No, I'd say that was pretty accurate given my experiences with Lenovo tech support.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone at Lenovo heard that they should do more whitebox testing.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Lum posted:

No, I'd say that was pretty accurate given my experiences with Lenovo tech support.

Yep. They told me to RMA a laptop for a driver issue. They spent 45 minutes or so uninstalling then reinstalling the relevant driver and then went "Yeah, ship it back".

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Thanks, SCCM. Now I'm all confused.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
No, it succeeded in failing to install!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Thanks, SCCM. Now I'm all confused.

Every Windows Update error is bullshit and I hate them equally.

The Omega Geek
Dec 19, 2002
Got this one recently. Pretty good.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Omega Geek posted:

Most likely it is programmed differently for Asian languages to support the extra characters. A better error would be this language %installed language% is not compatible with the version of .NET you are trying to install %supported languages%

Its still really stupid, also the fact that another program is throwing that error means they didn't give a poo poo about including all versions of .NET (assuming this is even the issue).

I'm also willing to bet you don't even work in Asia and just have one Asian language pack installed on that machine because someone wanted it so they could read emails from whatever country the language pack is and .NET is just flipping out about that.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you Google that issue it seems to be some weird interpretation of an HRESULT and actually has nothing to do with Asia in the literal sense. Usually a missing pre-req by the looks of it.

Pretty hilarious anyway.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Omega Geek posted:

I guess you got this error in the heat of the moment, but I suppose only time will tell.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
snip

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 21, 2013

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
One of my favorite errors used to happen when I'd try to install PS2 EyeToy drivers on my various computers so I could have an impromptu "security system" in the upstairs of my house.

The title of the dialog box would be "Webcam install", and the body would just say "???". The options you could choose from were "OK", "???", and "No".

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Does this count?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Any PC with that much McAffee on it must run backwards, surely?

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Caged posted:

Any PC with that much McAffee on it must run backwards, surely?

When McAfee crashes for any reason, it doesn't clear out it's systray icon, but it does restart itself and create a new icon. Hovering over the old icon makes it disappear.

That image was the result of leaving the PC idle for an hour.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
A coworker just got this one

Irascalopolator
Jun 17, 2003

This was a little disconcerting

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
I was working on an Android project that our company inherited as our client was not happy with their previous developers.

It was easy to tell why, the whole project looked like it had been c+p'ed from google and stack overflow.

The best gem I found in it was while I was looking through the strings file, there was a list of error messages and I found this cracker.

<string name="unknown_error">poo poo happens :)</string>

I even managed to get the application to reliably print this out, in an application that was already live. Needless to say I changed it quickly.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Well that sure helps narrow it down.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
Extracted from a Windows 7 system event log:

The NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS service depends on the TPM Base Services service which failed to start because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ouroborus posted:

Extracted from a Windows 7 system event log:

The NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS service depends on the TPM Base Services service which failed to start because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Hey I saw the exact same thing today!

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

awesome-express posted:

Well that sure helps narrow it down.

At work we have a dev who loves to write errors like this. Could not do {x} because {x} was unsuccessful. The way I tend to debug these is just ctrl+shift+F the source and figure out what the error should have been.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

I got this error a while ago.
I have no idea why it showed up, it weren't very helpful and I haven't seen it since.

The Danish part can be translated into:
"We have sent a team of trained monkeys to fix the situation. If you see them, show them this message."

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
If you haven't seen it since, evidently they did their job.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Ssthalar posted:

I got this error a while ago.
I have no idea why it showed up, it weren't very helpful and I haven't seen it since.

From the thumbnail I was expecting an Unreal Tournament error message

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lum posted:

From the thumbnail I was expecting an Unreal Tournament error message

At least that error message gives me some concept of how video game animation is done.

Johnny Mash
May 21, 2007
I hope to see you soon in La La Land

I live Everything, it's a handy little file search utility. As their website says:

www.voidtools.com posted:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

:raise:

KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007
Got this one today:

Thanks, Quickbooks! You're always so helpful!

Didn't manage to get a screencap of the one after that that told me "The Acountant(SIC) file could not be created."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

But I wanted it to be special :(

• Locked thread