Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

God, that's a terrible Daffy. Its like they forgot to speed up his voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

WillieWestwood posted:

Dunno where anyone heard that Matt and Trey would be doing live commentary on Twitter, but it wasn't them. South Park has done six - er, seven - live tweets (including tonight's), but none of them have suggested that Matt and Trey were doing commentary.

Yeah, I didn't expect Matt and Trey, I don't think that they want to even have anything to do with Twitter. When I heard "commentary", I hoped that whoever ran the twitter would post interesting facts and stuff rather than just tweeting quotes from the episode.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
When they promoted the one last week, it sounded like they were at least going to pick the best tweets from the original airing or something. Instead it was stuff like "The last time we saw Stan's dad addicted to a game it was Make Love, Not Warcraft"</derpvoice>.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Here is a better commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqUarJQ7aU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The Scott Tenorman episode doesnt really hold up that well, after watching it again.

Cartman relies on too many assumptions to pull the whole thing off, and just feels like it was rushed to an end.

Its good, but its definitely not the master piece of a psychopath that people remember it to be.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Laserface posted:

The Scott Tenorman episode doesnt really hold up that well, after watching it again.

Cartman relies on too many assumptions to pull the whole thing off, and just feels like it was rushed to an end.

Its good, but its definitely not the master piece of a psychopath that people remember it to be.

But that's the whole point! He's shown to be on the losing side the entire episode and then in the last minute, it all comes together and it just shows how crazy he is. He made these assumptions and they were SPOT ON.

Also: "I'm a little piggy, oink oink oink."

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also: "I'm a little piggy, oink oink oink."

Episode's best moment: Thom Yorke saying the word "supple."

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Best part is licking the tears of unfathomable sadness.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Laserface posted:

Remember nothing. I first saw that episode a couple of years ago and I think it's one of the best.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Boywhiz88 posted:

He made these assumptions and they were SPOT ON.

This is a reoccurring theme with Cartman, too. It might not always be spot on, but something still comes from it.

"Okay. Who got rid of the Muslims, huh?"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Was it true that the DVD commentaries which used to run a whole episode caused complaints from people that they were too long, leading them to pare them down to just a few minutes?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Was it true that the DVD commentaries which used to run a whole episode caused complaints from people that they were too long, leading them to pare them down to just a few minutes?

Matt and Tre just felt like they didn't have enough to say for each episode, or at least that's what they say.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Someone had posted a big list of Randy episodes on the last page but somehow forgot Fingerbang, that should really get added.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Even a tiny bit of Randy usually elevates an episode into a "Randy" episode.

His "See, now the Japanese are normal, like us." in Whale Whores or instance.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
That's why I tried to make a distinction between episodes with one funny Randy moment and a main/side story about Randy.

e: It's strange watching South Park on morning/afternoon Comedy Central. In the past week I've seen three episodes involving crap and their respective scenes censored. "Red Hot Catholic Love" is the episode where everyone craps out their mouth, and each scene is censored. Or the Wal-Mart episode where the manager commits suicide and craps his pants; censored.

I'm curious to see "You're Getting Old" or "More Crap" on daytime Comedy Central.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 23, 2013

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Holy poo poo yes!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Haha, best intro yet.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:stare: What the gently caress was that opening?

This is the first new episode I've actually watched this whole season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Holy poo poo, that intro ruled.

Goin' down to South Park, gonna have myself a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I wonder if that intro is an unplanned bonus due to the extra time they've been given for this episode.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Demon Jizz.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Like calling mommy demon jizz.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Hehe, the child protective guy from the police department is behind that computer screen.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Emos are like hipsters, but with the right to live.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wish there'd be an earthquake so we could all die.

e- JOIN US.

"Death and Despair" ringtone.

"This prace gon make you normar child!" :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 24, 2013

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Well that's a nice ringtone.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

His name is Michael?

:unsmigghh: JOIN USSS!! :unsmigghh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Heh, his mom is Asian... for some reason.

EDIT: Now there's TWO Michaels.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 24, 2013

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Ew, you spit on me Larry.

This is fantastic.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

HOLY poo poo THE BLACK VAMP

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Was that Denzel?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Man, that lil nigga ain't no vamp kid.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I hope that black guy is the only true vampire.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Owwww my Gaaaaaawwwwd.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Edgar Allen Poe is a mouthy, pussy goth. Awesome.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
This is exactly how I thought this episode was gonna go.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You can't tell me what to do. You're not the mayor of meh.

"Night Pain".

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
His real name is Nightpain :haw:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Edgar "NyghtPayne" Poe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol