Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

EL BROMANCE posted:

I haven't read The League thread yet, but I thought it was the best episode of the season.

I wonder if it was a coincidence both shows ran with the same plot or if they knew about each other. Kinda felt like when Daily Show and Colbert cover the same story with similar jokes.

No complaints though, it was a great hour of comedy. I'd much rather what feels like a collaboration of sorts like that than some crappy sounding Simpsons/Family Guy crossover.

Last night's Always Sunny was written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the GoT showrunners, so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence and the network decided it'd be best to air the episodes back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Anybody here who has seen a ton of Never Mind the Buzzcocks? At some point (I think during the Simon Amstell period) Phill Jupitus went on a long joke about a Victorian steampowered vibrator, and it was hilarious and I want to find it to watch again but all my searching has been fruitless. Although I did get to see the episode with Richard Ayoade as the host, which just made my day.

Does anyone know what episode I'm talking about?

(Also, just googled Simon Amstell and learned he's 6'7"?! He seemed like such a dainty man behind that desk.)

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Rabbit Hill posted:

(Also, just googled Simon Amstell and learned he's 6'7"?! He seemed like such a dainty man behind that desk.)

Simon Amstell is definitely not 6'7". He's probably just under 6ft.

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.

Rabbit Hill posted:

Anybody here who has seen a ton of Never Mind the Buzzcocks? At some point (I think during the Simon Amstell period) Phill Jupitus went on a long joke about a Victorian steampowered vibrator, and it was hilarious and I want to find it to watch again but all my searching has been fruitless. Although I did get to see the episode with Richard Ayoade as the host, which just made my day.

He's not 6'7". I met him a few years ago when he did a show at my university, and he was a few inches shorter than me (I'm 6'3).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
6'7" isn't "Oh I never knew that guy was tall", it's "Holy poo poo that dude is really god drat tall" territory. Not sure why wikipedia has him listed as that, but he's definitely closer to ~6'.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Rabbit Hill posted:

This one.

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1xZXqqguTE

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7TmSbRdO8

Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZ5z1-K9to

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
YAY! Thank you, I would never have found that on my own. And I feel much more settled learning Simon Amstell is not behemoth-sized after all. (No offense to any 6'7" or taller goon reading this.)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey so I don't know if you know this guys but there's this show on CBS called Person of Interest and uh

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Occupation posted:

Hey so I don't know if you know this guys but there's this show on CBS called Person of Interest and uh

I heard it's pretty good and has a great main character named Bear :woof:.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Occupation posted:

Oh god it's started again :negative:

PS: Watch Brooklyn 99 you jerks :saddowns:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am. It needs to improve to get really good, but there are usually a couple of hilarious jokes per show. Andre Braugher rules.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Brooklyn 99 is a good show and people should watch it and laugh at the jokes.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

zoux posted:

I am. It needs to improve to get really good, but there are usually a couple of hilarious jokes per show. Andre Braugher rules.

I think it feels like it's already hit its stride pretty well. Someone on IRC said "it feels like a show in its 2nd season" and I couldn't agree more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Parachute posted:

I think it feels like it's already hit its stride pretty well. Someone on IRC said "it feels like a show in its 2nd season" and I couldn't agree more.

Oh the cast is definitely very comfortable for a first season show, but some of the characters and jokes don't particularly work. Samberg is really good (I like the Archer-like conceit of him being very good at his job despite being a jackass), and like I said, Braugher is excellent. Terry Crews and Stephanie Beatriz are good as well. I like both Joe Lo Truglio and Chelsea Peretti as actors, but I don't care for their characters very much, especially not Peretti's. And I'm not sold on Melissa Fumero at all. I mean I watch it every week which is a ringing loving endorsement from me, but it needs to make a few steps to get to the next level.

I will say this though, when was the last time you saw a cast with zero WASPs in it? It's probably the most diverse comedy on any network currently.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
When Joe Lo Truglio, Chelsea Peretti, and Andy Samberg are the resident white people in the cast, you know the show is diverse.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Joe Lo Truglio's character is the only one I find lacking, and he's coming along.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also apparently I have to behead Zaggitz now because he got everyone into poi while I was gone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I find poi to be pretty bland as far as staples go.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
So after the roaring success of the Ironside reboot NBC is now rebooting Murder, She Wrote. :cripes:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I have no idea what NBC can do at this point. Even if you put on a critically successful show, it seems like most audiences are entrenched on other networks to wrestle anyone away.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

smg77 posted:

So after the roaring success of the Ironside reboot NBC is now rebooting Murder, She Wrote. :cripes:

Staring Octavia Spencer. That could be career suicide. I've lost count on all the stuff NBC has thrown at in the past decade that hasn't worked.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

smg77 posted:

So after the roaring success of the Ironside reboot NBC is now rebooting Murder, She Wrote.

I hope it's edgy and snarky.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
NBC can air it on the same night as that Remington Steele sequel that was announced a few weeks ago.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Occupation posted:

Also apparently I have to behead Zaggitz now because he got everyone into poi while I was gone.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! :black101:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually lost interest in Person Of when it got to the computer being literally God.

I'm not against the plot in theory but the way it was going... it was just like eehhhhhhh. :shrug:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yo my ratings thread is back. Thanks dead. Peace

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh a heads up for fans of Summer Heights High - "Ja'mie: Private School Girl" has starting airing in AU now. Only one episode in, but already it feels a loooooot better than Angry Boys was (which was pretty crap, to be honest). Not quite up to SHH standards, and it's not the Jonah show I'm sure everyone wishes it was, but Ja'mie has always been a good 2nd place character to him. So far Lilley hasn't done his usual thing of playing as many characters as possible and just seems to be concentrating on Ja'mie, which might be for the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh a heads up for fans of Summer Heights High - "Ja'mie: Private School Girl" has starting airing in AU now. Only one episode in, but already it feels a loooooot better than Angry Boys was (which was pretty crap, to be honest). Not quite up to SHH standards, and it's not the Jonah show I'm sure everyone wishes it was, but Ja'mie has always been a good 2nd place character to him. So far Lilley hasn't done his usual thing of playing as many characters as possible and just seems to be concentrating on Ja'mie, which might be for the best.

I believe its starting up on HBO soon as well.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep November 23rd I believe and also on BBC Three at some point. Same deal as SHH and Angry Boys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

I actually lost interest in Person Of when it got to the computer being literally God.

I'm not against the plot in theory but the way it was going... it was just like eehhhhhhh. :shrug:

The machine is just an agent of Bear.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Adding Sarah Shahi hasn't improved the show as much as I thought it would. They made her character boring.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

Staring Octavia Spencer. That could be career suicide. I've lost count on all the stuff NBC has thrown at in the past decade that hasn't worked.
Somehow, I don't think the American TV viewing public has a tolerance for Octavia Spencer in a leading role.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I tried looking, but it seems like The Misfits thread died completely. Did anyone watch the series 5 opener? They went to a place you don't see too often in television land (which coincidentally probably offends a bunch of people here). I'm just glad Rudy's still around being a weirdo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ariza posted:

I tried looking, but it seems like The Misfits thread died completely. Did anyone watch the series 5 opener? They went to a place you don't see too often in television land (which coincidentally probably offends a bunch of people here). I'm just glad Rudy's still around being a weirdo.

What happened?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bobkatt013 posted:

What happened?

Putting it in spoilers:

One of the main characters (male) was possessed by an agent of Satan and the only way to exorcise it was for another male character to gently caress the demon out of him. Yes, this is the magical healing power of rape. Misfits has always been an edgy show and that's why I loved it but this was :gonk: even for me.

On the plus side, it also had satanist Scouts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Putting it in spoilers:

One of the main characters (male) was possessed by an agent of Satan and the only way to exorcise it was for another male character to gently caress the demon out of him. Yes, this is the magical healing power of rape. Misfits has always been an edgy show and that's why I loved it but this was :gonk: even for me.

I thought it was pretty good/insane, Misfits turned up to 11. The beginning bit with Rudy was great too. "First time I touched another boy's penis!"

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Rarity posted:

Putting it in spoilers:

Ah, I see Misfits has started to employ fanfiction writers in its writing staff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chamberk posted:

Ah, I see Misfits has started to employ fanfiction writers in its writing staff.

This is a show that had a guy try to rape a chick, but the chick that he is trying to rape is really a gender shifting guy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

This is a show that had a guy try to rape a chick, but the chick that he is trying to rape is really a gender shifting guy.

There really needs to be a series 5 thread just to use "This is a chance to use your cock for good" as its title.

edit: gently caress it, I'll make one right now.

precision fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I like @Midnight, I hope the entire cast of Burning Love cycles through. June Diane Raphael :allears:

• Locked thread