Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

SerSpook posted:

The king can sense falsehood.

True enough, we probably won't get in trouble for it, from Tudiya at least, but how many others can sense falsehood, and how many will blindly accept his word on the matter? Bet there'll be a lot of muttering behind our back as to how we obviously cheated. I mean, the choices come down to "A magical being gave us fancy clothes to impress people with" or "We acquired clothes in the style of Zepath from other members of civilization." Obviously we didn't make it ourselves, and I wonder how many people believe the Melachim are now in the tailoring business.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Either way though, I suppose the opinions of Joe-Street don't matter all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Also the people on the street have themselves mostly undergone trivial nancy trials anyway so they can't exactly criticise us.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
1. You are going...
A. To Zepath.

2. Your beard...
C. You leave as is.

3. As to your clothes, you....
F. Wear the skirt.

4. And your spiked club?
I. I take it!

Tudiya and the mighty men will know exactly who provided those items and they will know what kind of test you survived. Tall and proud you will walk into the city; A MAN. We have noone to answer to but them, and everyone knows that Tudiya left us with NOTHING. WE EARNED IT ALL.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

True enough, we probably won't get in trouble for it, from Tudiya at least, but how many others can sense falsehood, and how many will blindly accept his word on the matter? Bet there'll be a lot of muttering behind our back as to how we obviously cheated. I mean, the choices come down to "A magical being gave us fancy clothes to impress people with" or "We acquired clothes in the style of Zepath from other members of civilization." Obviously we didn't make it ourselves, and I wonder how many people believe the Melachim are now in the tailoring business.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Either way though, I suppose the opinions of Joe-Street don't matter all that much.

Most people never underwent a test as severe as this one. They did lazy poo poo, and won't give a gently caress that we did lazy poo poo, and we have physical evidence in the form of our garments, our monster bits, and pearls that we did a bit more than that. Not to mention the people that really matter, the Mighty Men, likely have some understanding that hosed up poo poo like this really does happen at times.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

If you have a suggestion for music to play when you walk into Zepath, feel free to post a link.

I'm partial to the theme for "A Bridge Too Far".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWBoMWZJkeI

Edit:
It's a pretty jaunty tune that's also whistlable.
\/\/

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 25, 2013

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

:woop:

1: A - TO ZEPATH!
2: C - Leave it as it is :3:
3: F - Wear the skirt and show off our lovely legs.
4: I - Take the club, we can always burn it to El!

Let's do this in style, club over our shoulder, belongings under one arm and our dog by our side. We've come back a man, and a well dressed one at that, let's knock em dead.

(If we go back in our torn up clothes we'll never be able to own this in the future, this is our chance.)

This is my favorite. Let's whistle jaunty tunes as well.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

If you have a suggestion for music to play when you walk into Zepath, feel free to post a link.

Honestly I've tried to think of a good alternative, but it seems like Neraren kinda nailed it with The Boys are Back in Town. :dance:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

A classic but it suits pretty well.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 25, 2013

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A
C
F
I

Don't mention Azz. If asked we simply way we prayed. Go immediately to the Temple to sacrifice to El. Then visit mom, Tudiya, and Ishamal. Ishamal last so we can go on an epic bender.

As for a song to play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

UnassemblyRequired posted:

1. B. Pray to El and give thanks before heading home.
2. C
3.F
4.I

I highly suggest you all change your music choices right now, and I am ashamed this wasn't linked yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasvuHUgUHg

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We in the IRC have a thought. How about we sacrifice literally everything to El? The pearls, our old clothes, etc, but keep the gifts from Azzazel and maybe the club?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
ACFI

The Boys Are Back In Town is really a perfect song for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

edit: Why would we sacrifice our old clothes? Place on the altar, in order, the jackal skull, the jackal's third eye, and all the pearls. Send Snarls ahead to get Jalitha. Walk calm and confident to the temple, then say "We killed this monster, *place skull*, who attacked us with fire, *place eye*, in our journey to the ocean, *place pearls*." Something like that.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 25, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'm voting to jerk a goat off on El's altar, not sure about the rest of you.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

We in the IRC have a thought. How about we sacrifice literally everything to El? The pearls, our old clothes, etc, but keep the gifts from Azzazel and maybe the club?

Sure, why not?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Vavrek posted:

ACFI

The Boys Are Back In Town is really a perfect song for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

edit: Why would we sacrifice our old clothes? Place on the altar, in order, the jackal skull, the jackal's third eye, and all the pearls. Send Snarls ahead to get Jalitha. Walk calm and confident to the temple, then say "We killed this monster, *place skull*, who attacked us with fire, *place eye*, in our journey to the ocean, *place pearls*." Something like that.

The old clothes were part of the experience, of what we did. They have all that we did contained within them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

SerSpook posted:

I'm down for this. I guess keeping the club is nicely symbolic. In giving up the knife, clothes and trinkets, we give up the experience and all we went through to El.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Vavrek posted:

ACFI

Rolling with this, save Queen for when we come back with the skull of Asherah slung over our shoulder :black101:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Throw the pearls to random people save one for mum, give Danal the skull and Tudiya the smoked eye. Place our head on the altar and give ourselves to El.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 25, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The club was basically a gift from Azz as well, so that keeps with the theme.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

The club was basically a gift from Azz as well, so that keeps with the theme.

The barbs also came from a monster-jackal eating a goat. The jackal was a test too y'all, of our courage.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
ACFI sweep.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

The barbs also came from a monster-jackal eating a goat. The jackal was a test too y'all, of our courage.

Well what I mean is that without Azz the club is in the forest somewhere. We threw it away and didn't make it to the end with it.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

BASSCOP!!!!! ACFI. And yah, the boys are definitely back in town.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

Well what I mean is that without Azz the club is in the forest somewhere. We threw it away and didn't make it to the end with it.

Yeah I know. I'm just pointing out where Azzazel's hand was elsewhere in this trial. I don't think he did Eyescream though. I think Eyescream was just being at the sea.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
ACFI Hell yeah! Check me out losers! Compare your manliness to mine and then kill yourselves!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Sacrifice everything to El but the club and a single pearl, which we give to our mother. If El begrudges something like that then I don't think he's the sort of guy we want to be worshiping anyway.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am at a meeting so will look at the letters for the vote, but I say we just march in straight to the Temple and make our offering exactly as we are. Snarls should be there when we make our offering.

This would be a service to Tudiya since it will inspire others to do the real deal. The rite is secret so a story is only an issue with the T-Man and as has been said he will know we did not cheat.

Edit: looks like this is the A, C, F, I vote.

hug Snarls! Ask him if went anywhere when he was gone.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
I love leaving this thread for weeks and then just chowing down like a glutton.

Zepath re-entry song suggestion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTb5Jue0Yxg

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

We will also go immediately to the Temple to sacrifice to El. Then visit mom, Tudiya, and Ishamal.

Sacrifice those pearls and skull. And don't sacrifice the club. Keep those sweet needles. I don't care about the eye. Trophy? Maybe it will be useful?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 25, 2013

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
A C F I

A Terrible Person posted:

Look back toward the empty wastes. "Thank you, friend."

Told you guys Azz was a chill dude. Give him some thanks for all the help.

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 25, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A
C
F
I

The theory being that when we say we survived and prospered only with El's help and blessings it will revitalize faith. We shouldn't overcome pride just to succumb to it moments later. Putting on our old clothes would be boasting about how much more we suffered and survived on our trial than other people. Wearing our desert stained clothes would aggrandize ourselves and our need to demonstrate our toughness over El's need to restore the populace's belief.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
ACFI. But don't be cocky about it!

Diogines posted:

If there is anything else you want to do before returning to Zepath, fill in, this is your last call! Probably! Unless you encounter something scary on the walk home, which is still very possible.

Look back toward the empty wastes. "Thank you, friend."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Reentry music suggestion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7hYEJt2UY

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Instead of trying to come up with elaborate explanations as to how we got all our stuff, I'm voting to smile knowingly and refuse to say anything. Everyone does it to us often enough, so lets do it right back at them.

1 - A
2 - C
3 - F
4 - I

And also sacrifice everything except the 1 pearl, jackal eye and club, pearl goes to mum, jackal eye goes to Indor in exchange for magic lessons and club goes into the skulls of our enemies

e: Maybe we can trade our story to Ishamel for a good one of his too

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 25, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
The only thing I would keep is the club for the arrow heads.

We could affirm ourselves to the Codes (Tudiya & Zepa), but I do not want us to do a Tudiya style offering.

How about Beethoven Heroica Symphony? Too much?

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. C
3. G
4. I

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A. To Zepath. - Straight to the temple.

2. D. You unbraid it and take off the copper bands on the end. - Put the rings in our bag o' stuff

3. H. Put on your somewhat torn up, dirty clothing that you actually wore for the last month.

4. I. I take it! - It goes in the pile.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that is not us, Snarls, or what we left with, needs to be put onto the tribute table.

edit: Explanation: Frankly, I think what we learned is just how useless Enkidel really was at this point. Think about it, ok, sure, we did ok with Azz-Round 1.
But then what?
The walk through the desert? If not for our magic walk-forever sandals, we probably would have died in the sand.
The fire? We still don't know how that actually happened, other than our Fairy ElFather REALLY feels sorry for us.
And we never did learn how to build a fire, because we simply kept that one going through torches.
The jackal fight? Ok, that one was all us. Props where they're due.
The Escape from Enkidelopolis? We got lucky, and managed to escape with our lives from something so far out of our league that I don't have a proper metaphor to convey it.
The cactus-piss water? We'd have never found that without Snarls.

Ok, yeah, we had a pretty sweet setup at Enkidelopolis before the horror showed up, and we probably could have Crusoe'd that poo poo for awhile if we hadn't gotten chased. Maybe we could have learned some more survival, but we didn't get to.

We really don't know any more than we did when we came out here, other than the fact that Azz is a solid dude and we should absolutely party with him in the future, and some VERY rough survival, which was more luck than skill most of the time.

We didn't earn the right to come back decked out in +5 Sweetass Finery, and we're still on the Test Clock until we hit that altar and do our sacrifice.
We aren't a Mighty Man, not yet. We'll earn that in time. For now though, everything that we've found or made, is symbolic.
It embodies our desperation, our hunger, our thirst, our weariness, our fear, our helplessness and our pure ignorance. The things that made us a child.
But it also embodies our determination, our stamina, our will to live. The things that will help us grow as a man.

So yeah, I think we need to sacrifice everything that we didn't leave Zepath with. And then we need to beg like hell to convince Tudiya or Ishamal or someone they suggest to take us on as their padawan to train us how to be a true badass. And we need to spend time with mom.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 25, 2013

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Boys are back in town is good but if we're saving Queen for later I have one other suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvRvSxsW-I

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

other musical choices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojiJCQvEJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnfXoVCUAS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TezgCpPuys
e: how can I forget?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

the_steve posted:

We're poo poo.

Dammit dadthe_steve, isn't anything good enough for you?